• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
@Auguste MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Yahhah Yahhah

Dennis' ears perked as a smooth French accent met his ears. He looked up to see a handsome man wearing centuries old clothing standing in the middle of the swamp with somehow not a speck of mud on him. Hesitating, Dennis stretched his hand out to grip the stranger's and, with assistance, hauled himself to dry land.
"H-hi, sorry," the unicorn wheezed. He tried to think of more words, but he wasn't conversational enough to come up with any.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, interesting...?" Lawrence said, a little sorry he'd asked now. He was in a rush already, and though his curiosity for the object wasn't small, he didn't have the time to sit around and listen to the explanation of every part. He glanced over his shoulder then back at the swamp and noticed something odd. Where nobody had been standing before, there were suddenly two figures, a silver haired man and a person wearing cosplay. Gesturing a quick goodbye to the people he'd been talking to, he suddenly rushed off to investigate. He knew it was rude to leave the conversation in that way, but he had the sudden suspicion that there may have been a rift here all along, and that he'd simply never known about. Maybe Riah had even gone through it.

Reaching the lip of the land, Lawrence jumped, sailing to a wet and especially sludgy section of the placid water. There was a magical presence here for sure. He could feel the hairs rising on his arms as he blindly searched for it. Then his fingers hit the rift and he felt himself propelled forward. An instant later he was once again in the human realm and standing sopping wet by the side of a busy thoroughfare. "Awesome," he whispered, grinning. Even after all this time, the feeling of slipping through dimensions was still unquestionably cool.

Lawrence pulled his phone out and glanced down at the clock, 6:47am. "Shit!" School was about to start and he had no idea where he was now. Without thinking too hard, he picked a direction and just started running in it, hoping it was the one to his high school. Now looking around, there were a few identifiable landmarks, and using his knowledge of the layout of the city, maybe he could make it to the school through some alleyways and side streets. Only time would tell.

Hrothgar and Balin
Otherworld Realm to Human Realm.
Hrothgar seemed to be a little disappointed when the person who'd asked him about his marvelous invention decided to take his leave from the conversation, until he disappeared in the swamp and the two wards looked at each other equally startled and excited. "Did you note that shimmer"? Balin asked Hrothgar. The dwarf nodded quickly and looked down at his rift detector. Even though what had happened was obvious the dwarf seemed to want to make sure, he pointed the contraption at where the dragon had disappeared and sure enough the gem began to glow ever brighter and the rod moved ever faster.
"That'll be it" Hrothgar nodded. "Well then let's go find our little buddy" Balin said before rushing off towards the rift. Hrothgar waited he pulled what looked to be a crystal ball from a pack. "We're heading into a rift now Ma'am hopefully we'll be back right soon" Hrothgar said to the crystal. A relaxed female tone came through the crystal. "That's wonderful Hrothgar, I'll send a message to Mikoro to let him know, safe travels my dear". Hrothgar nodded and rushed through the rift after the giant. Hrothgar found himself on a road, luckily he felt a big push and Balin pushed him to the side of it. The dwarf looked around, "strange place innit" Hrothgar noted. Balin nodded, "you wouldn't happen to have a phoenix detector hidden in your pocket would you"? Balin asked.

"Nope, but I do have a magical energy detector, it'll glow a bright scarlet red for fire magic and Fyrie's loaded with that so we've just got to go to the brightest red we can find" Hrothgar said pulling another gemstone from a pack on his side. "Hey, you're a little taller here" Balin pointed out, Hrothgar grunted and started to walk down the sidewalk pointing his gem around to check for glows.
Nearby: Mianigh Mianigh PyroMonomania PyroMonomania MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Fyrie
Human Realm
Fyrie followed Riah slowly into the woods looking around, "If you say so, I still don't get how that would work though" Fyrie noted. She looked around at the area around her once more wondering how she had no clue at all where she was exactly. "Something really weird is going on isn't it"? Fyrie guessed, she tried to think of what could've happened. Florence had sent the other wards to investigate what Rifts were exactly, Fyrie hadn't been allowed to go because apparently she was 'terrible at investigation' and 'had trouble focusing on things'. Had she found one? That would be a funny thing to tell the others when she got back.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Tup
Present day: Human realm-neighborhood

("Human talk", "Goblin talk", thoughts)

After running away from beating small monster, Tup had found dry leaves, that she had lighted on fire using her spark rocks. After getting fire on she had started putting woods on fire until another human had noticed what she was doing, right next of his house and Tup was back on run. She succeeded to light up 3 more of small fires and beat two humans who tried to catch her, before there was very lound noise giving monsters, 2 smalls and one big, that brought weirdly armored humans and not armored humans.

Tup saw how armored humans extinguished her fires with water when nonarmored humans talked with humans that she had beated. She then found abandoned building, where she planned to rescue fire that humans where trying to kill and she make multiple bonfires to different rooms, lighten them up and runned in rooms feeding every of them. "Fire stays alive! Fire stays alive!" It didn't take long until house where she still was in lighted up, so that she didn't need feed fires herself anymore. and she just sit middle of house. "FIRE!/FIRE!"​

Auguste
Otherworld (Present day) Mianigh Mianigh :

Auguste held a polite smile as he pulled the man up even as he felt his energy rapidly draining from physically interacting with the world. The man wheezed out a greeting solidifying that the man was most likely shy instead of the more colourful options he had thought of. When he fully pulled than man up he ran his fingers of his free hand through his hair, pushing the white threads behind his ear, as he thought about where to take the conversation. He stopped as he notices a person, no three people jump into the rift they had come out of. The ones who had been gathered in group before...is it common knowledge to people to be able to pass through the rift? If the creatures of fable are truly real does that mean monsters like vampires, dragons, and witches are freely able to travel back and forth? He never understood why the church had burned so many women for such baseless claims. But did that mean they had a point? That these creatures were indeed real and coming in droves? Auguste closes his eyes forcefully cut off his train of thought. It would not do well to become just as hysterical as the church. He would get information before he starts making baseless claims. Opening his eyes back up he notices that he had been holding the hand of the man for the entirety of the time he had been lost in thought. Ah, how embarrassing. He, as quickly as he could without seeming insulting, let’s go and clasps his hands behind his back.

“Je suis désolé. Apologies. I didn’t mean to get lost in thought like that.” Auguste says while he internally catches his breath as he had unintentionally been tangible for longer than he had intended. Once he recovered enough he takes one of his hands, keeping the other behind him, and places on his heart while doing a sort of half bow. “Let is start with introductions. I am Compte de Giroux residing over the territories of....that is no longer relevant. I do apologize it was a force of habit. I shall make another attempt, I am Auguste de Giroux and I am relatively new to this place.” Auguste gestures around him, “ I have observed people like you of the mystical...faction. But I have not made contact until now with you. I hope you forgive me for making such inquiries but I, as of right now, know nothing about this place and the people like you. I assume it’s a rather large subject that I’m breaching on so if you have residence nearby we can take shelter there and discuss. If not we may discuss in that abandoned building over there. So shall we walk and chat? Let’s start off simple, with your introduction.” Auguste says walks slightly ahead as an invitation to start moving while looking back at the man with a kind smile on his face. It didn’t sit comfortably on his face as he hadn’t needed to make such an expression in a very long time but with what little he has left a kind disposition is all he has to give as an incentive to talk.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania MirMonster13 MirMonster13

The strangely handsome man held Dennis' hand for a little too long. Just as he was beginning to grow uncomfortable, his new acquaintance let go, leaving a trace of warmth on the shut-in's clammy, pale hand. If he weren't so weak and hungry, he might've had the energy to blush. Banish the thought, stupid.

Auguste's self-introduction was said with such a heavily French accent that Dennis at first had trouble deciphering it. He had learned French back in the mid-19th century, but it had been so long since he'd used it that he'd basically forgotten it. The loopy O sounds and drawl of the letters was quite familiar though, now hearing them again. As Auguste brought up his newness to the Otherworld, however, Dennis began to grow nervous. Had a human just now wandered into this world without knowing it? Just where had he come from and how much did he know? The uncertainty, shock, and lack of energy was starting to compile now. He started shaking.

"I-I'm... nobody. Nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about," Dennis started to stammer. However, he quickly lost his nerve and started blurting things out. "W-w-we can chat over i-in that building or here, whatever. I'm D-dennis. I... well, it that doesn't matter." He tried to crack a smile to relieve the tension within himself, by to anyone looking on, it appeared more as if he were about to burst into tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawrence was making a mad dash for the school, the dangly strings of his sweatshirt flying around him as he ran. He had to dodge past several people on the sidewalk too engaged in their phones to notice him coming. Then ahead of him he spotted a farmiliar figure standing on the side of the road near a swath of forest. She was locked in conversation with a red-headed stranger who was most assuredly Otherworldly.

"RIAH!" Lawrence shouted, waving furiously.

Auguste
Otherworld: Mianigh Mianigh

Such a shaky introduction, well it’s a good thing that he’s used to dealing people so horribly afraid of him. Though its was annoying as he thought he had ingratiated himself in a way that showed his lack of hostility. He kept the smiled though as he listened to this stammering mess gradually formulate their words into something comprehensive.

“Dennis, is it? A lovely name.” Auguste says in soft voice like he’s speaking in a frightened colt about to bolt. His smile became strained as he notices that Dennis has started shaking. The forced smile on this creature’s face made it look like he had been given the gravest of news but still had to keep up appearances until out of sight. Unfortunately, he had seen that particular smile too many times for comfort. “Yes, let’s talk over in that building. You look like you could use a place to sit down.”

It was a relief that the building was close by as Dennis looked like he was going to pass out or break down into tears at any moment. Auguste spent the short walk in silence, he wanted to make empty remarks and pointless compliments about Dennis or the surrounding area just to fill the air but he was concerned that this little spooked colt would run off. Once they entered the abandoned building he walked in immediately to find them a place to sit, the floor boards would most definitely have creaked under feet just as its doing for Dennis but Auguste has no weight so he just silently walks across the floor and sits on a broken windowsill with an old crate across from it that Dennis can make use of as a seat. Normally he would be appalled at touching dirty place like this but it’s not like the filth can cling to him anymore, can it? His polite smile turned bitter for a fraction of a second at this thought. It’s best not think of such things lest I become as bitter as these thoughts. Looking towards Dennis he prepares to start the most gentle interrogation he can muster.

“Now let’s start. Firstly, what is your…particular species you’re apart of? Secondly, what is this place? This world that we’re in? Does it host all manners of mystical creatures?” Auguste starts off with a introductory questions then leads into a big question. He made sure to leave a related question at the end in the case that the original question was a bit too vague. Hopefully, Auguste yearns, that getting answers won’t be like pulling teeth.

Ash - Human Realm
He kept his distance but was making sure to keep Riah and the other female in his sight. The horde of humans around them allowed him to blend in and avoid being seen by the young women but as soon as he heard that all too, annoyingly familiar, voice, he had to back off. "Tsch," his lip curled in disgust before he turned back around to head into the building, another time. Ash stuffed his hands into the front of his pant pockets, the noise of the city coming to a low hum as he crossed the school lot and entered the building. The sound of sirens rang in the distance and the hairs on the back of his neck stiffened. Not my business so not my problem. Ash did his best to stay out of things that he wasn't assigned to or that didn't interest him, so as the halls of the school began filling with students, he carefully made his way towards his locker to grab the things he needed for his first set of classes.
A few human girls walked by, giggling and whispering then as they passed him, they all said in unison "Morning Ash," almost in a sing-song type of way.
"Ladies," he responded before he shut the, small, metallic door. He gave them a wink and carried on to home-room.

Riah - Human Realm
"Weird doesn't even begin to describe it," she said. She could tell that Fyrie was definitely someone who had accidentally slipped through the rift just like the goblin before her had done. It made Riah wonder if that was the same rift, the only one she knew of in this area was the one near the abandoned library. She began to worry and only quickened her pace towards the rift's location and before they got any further into the forest, she heard her name being called. She turned her head to see Lawrence waving to catch their attention but hearing her name called was the one thing that made her stop in her tracks for Lawrence's tone seemed a bit off. "Fyrie that's my friend Lawrence," she looked to the female beside her and was going to try and start explaining their exact situation, but the sirens that sounded like they were in the direction of her neighborhood made her forget what she was going to say. "The goblin," she whispered more to herself.

Yahhah Yahhah Mianigh Mianigh Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Travaron - Otherworld Realm
He knew it wasn't that long that he had been walking around the area of the abandoned building but when he returned inside, everyone had already vanished. "Damnit!" he practically roared at the ceiling above him before slamming his palms onto the table in front of him. That's when the scent wafted up to greet him. Was it human? Vampire? Perhaps this was the person the young dragon had been looking for. He leaned his face closer to the table and then looked around to see if he could spot anything that seemed out of the ordinary. It didn't take long as the silhouette, embedded into the dusty shelves, came into his view , "well, it's a start," he said as he began his tracking.

Fyrie
Human Realm outside of the school
Fyrie's attention was suddenly grabbed by someone running up behind them and shouting Riah's name. The phoenix turned around seeming startled and she was about to ask who he was when Riah explained he was Lawrence a friend of hers. "Oh, well he seems excited about something" Fyrie commented politely. Fyrie cocked her head at Riah when she said something about a goblin. "What about a goblin"? She asked, then the noise of the sirens reached the phoenix's ears and she jumped from the noise. Though she probably shouldn't have sirens usually meant something not good, and if there was something really bad going on it had Fyrie worried. So worried in fact that she accidentally lit her hair on fire. Fyrie seemed to not notice her appearance as she turned back to Riah. "That doesn't sound good" she noted.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Mianigh Mianigh

Hrothgar and Balin
Human realm, burning neighborhood
The dwarf and the giant were immediately suspicious of the sirens and rising smoke. They came to the voiceless consensus that they weren't sure it was Fyrie that had lit this fire, but they did know the phoenix had trouble keeping herself from combusting when she got scared and she might've gotten scared being in an unfamiliar space. "She knows how to turn herself off though, and she can absorb fire so I don't think she'd let it go this far" Balin suddenly pointed out as they turned a corner and found themselves at the scene, with firefighters working on a few burning buildings.
"Well if she didn't light the fire who did"? Hrothgar said holding up his gem stone which was a dull grey, saying their lost phoenix was not here.
"I don't know... Arsonists do exist you know" Balin said. Hrothgar huffed and began to point his stone around looking for any change in color.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Dennis took the proffered seat and tried to relax himself. It was hard to reconcile in his mind the sudden change of pace from total isolation to engaging in conversation. The last time he'd stepped outside in earnest had maybe been... 20 years ago? Whenever the first Playstation came out.

"Well, um... it's hard to explain," he started. "This world, the Otherworld, well, it's not really a world. What I mean is... er, it's a dimension, a realm, and there is magic here. Um, so vampires and witches and goblins and stuff." He was already losing his train of thought and fully aware that the things he was saying were totally random and probably confusing to somebody who had never even heard of the Otherworld before.

"What it's actually, um, a dimension that mirrors the human realm, and here magical beings exist from lore and so on. We're just like everybody else except for some, like wraiths, magical frogs, and bears. There are bears here."

Dennis purposefully avoided the question about what sort of creature he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Riah!" Lawrence darted across the street dodging cars to reach her on the other side of the road. At this point he was gasping for breath. He may be a dragon, but he still had human lungs in this form.
"I've been *huff* looking for you *huff* all over. Where *huff* did you go? And who is this?"

Rikki
Otherworld: Mianigh Mianigh PyroMonomania PyroMonomania
Things were certainly getting..... interesting. Of course, the observant eyes of the vampire caught on to such interesting faces when met with a group. He had stealthily hung back as to not draw attention to himself and be approached. That was how Rikki liked to play, he liked to be in control of his surroundings. Not that many people would approach Rikki in the first place, not when he looked ready to kill someone at first glance.
The best way out of that was for Rikki to lead in at his own pace, and hope he chose to act nice that day. Not that any of that was obvious as he slunk after Dennis and Auguste. The goal was still stealth, to listen in and see what was going on. If it wasn't interesting, he was likely to move on. But Rikki wouldn't have followed if he didn't think there was a high chance of being interesting in some way. Sure enough, hearing Dennis as he got to his little stakeout point had his lips quirk up in amusement.
What to do about this? He thought to himself, fangs poking into his tongue as he slightly bit down on it to hold back a chuckle. He couldn't decide which of the two sounded more interesting, though Dennis' attitude was definitely making him the easier target. But easy wasn't Rikki's goal when watching prey. It was who appeared to be the most fun. He had to listen more. He wasnt scared of getting caught eavesdropping, Rikki had full confidence in his ability to lie or fight his way out of any situation.​

Auguste
Otherworld (Interactions: Mianigh Mianigh Nearby: jinxxes jinxxes )

Dimension? An odd word he thinks he heard some people use not too long ago as he waited on the street. He would not use that word in this context. Perhaps they have different definitions of this word? He doesn’t understand how this place isn’t another world. It’s completely different. Is it some hidden place on earth? Some obscure undiscovered part of the world that these creatures hide in? But the building mirrors that of the one they had stopped in front of even if that one was fully functional while this one is desolate. He’ll stop nitpicking at specificities. Though there one detail that he’s missing. How suspicious that Dennis avoided his questions about his species. Is it a sensitive topic among their kind? Auguste internally sighs as the thought of their most likely completely different culture and customs are brought to the forefront of his mind. He’ll leave that problem for later, for now back to the interrogation.

“In summary, this place is a hidden one that contains all mystical creatures, oui? Is it commonplace for your kind to come and go into the human world? Also is there any monarchs or governing bodies that your kind follow? Any countries or kingdoms?” Auguste inquires his questions gradually coming out faster and faster as he grows more curious about this new world. He unconsciously leans forwards and brings his hand to his chin in a thinking fashion. “Such different creatures I can’t imagine you all get along with each other. Do wars happen often? Does your kind ever make any plans to meet with humans? If not why is it specifically humans that are kept out of this world?”

Auguste stops himself from spouting more questions before he completely overwhelms this poor colt. Though he has the distinct feeling that it’s already too late. He feels like he has reverted back to that time when it had hit him that over a hundred years passed after his death and the world had changed significantly. That extensional terror of knowing that he’s been left behind. A mere memory of times long gone. He cuts off that trail thought quickly. Remember do not think bitter thoughts lest he becomes bitter as well. Auguste quickly regains his focus and continues to wait for Dennis’s reply.

Tup
Present day: Human realm-neighborhood

Tup suddenly heared muffled human speech, she draw her, lightly smoking, club and prepared herself, it didn't take long to her notice two armored humans, even though room they were was pitch-dark, because smoke and boarded windows. She used darkness as cover and attacked humans. "Huumans leave Fire alive! Tup keeps Fire alive! Fire good, huumans bad!"

After couple hits to both humans, they back off, to get new equipments and told to people at outside, about that something had attacked them, part of them wanted to say it was child, but how child could have stayed in room that was on fire?

Inside of house Tup had started coughing because smoke. "Sorry Fire, Smokey doesn't like Tup. Tup will stop huumans from other room." Tup then headed towards entrance.​

Riah - Human Realm
Riah, now practically pulling her hair out as smoke finally began to appear off in the distance, looked from Lawrence to Fyrie to Lawrence again, "Fyre -Lawrence, Lawrence- Fyre," she said all to quickly, "just met her, no time to explain. We need to get to my house right now." She furrowed her brow in frustration as a few police cars sped past them, in the direction towards her neighborhood. She knew he would probably say how irresponsible she was about leaving a goblin in her house but she had no choice. She had to get to school on time. Yet that's when she ran into Fyre. "It's just one thing after the other." She was practically talking to herself now as she looked over at the school building and then at the direction of the fire. "I messed up.." she looked at Lawrence with desperate eyes. One thing about Riah was, when it came to making big decisions, she began to panic and this, to her, was a big decision. Lately, she had been missing a lot of school and it had been affecting her father's trust in her; she had been keeping so much from him already. She knew if the school called again about her skipping, he would be disappointed and she just couldn't let him down.
However, she knew this was a mess she made and her neighborhood, full of humans, were in danger. Her thoughtless actions put them in danger but also put the goblin in danger and she knew the goblin was just confused so truly it was not the little goblin's fault. As she looked again between both Lawrence and Fyrie she caught notice that the young woman's head was on fire. Unsure of how long it had been like this, Riah quickly grabbed Lawrence with one and and Fyre with the other, tugging them into the forest and out of sight.

Mianigh Mianigh Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Yahhah Yahhah

Fyrie
Human Realm, in the woods
Fyrie turned when she noticed the how distraught Riah sounded. She wanted to help calm her down, Fyrie didn't like it when people around her seemed upset and she always tried to help. But right now she didn't know how. "Wait, are those sirens near your house? Oh my goodness we've got to do something. Let g-" Fyrie was about to say when she felt Riah grab her by the shoulder and pull her into the woods along with Lawrence. Finally the Phoenix realized the state of her head. She seemed to be very embarrassed about it as the fire immediately dissipated, "I'm really sorry about that, it just kind of happens when I get worried or excited. I've been working on controlling it... Let's get going" Fyrie explained not quite looking either of them in the eye after her fiery mishap.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Mianigh Mianigh

Belvedere “Bel” d’Guede

If there was any respite for Riah in such a tumultuous situation, it was that a fair few bystanders were already sufficiently distracted from noticing the scarlet girl’s head spontaneously combusting. After all, interesting as that was, the instinct of self-preservation tended to override curiosity. Surrounding a nearby city bus stop were more than a dozen people waiting for public transport to whisk them away on their morning commute, though curiously none of them were occupying the bench beneath the small overhang where they had to wait. No, that spot was taken up by a single person.

Bel, splayed out quite comfortably on the bench – arms draped across the entire length of the back and one ankle resting on his opposite knee – seemed quite pleased with the fact that none of the commuters dared to try to sit next to him. Hell, most of them wouldn’t even look him in the eye, instead desperately burying their noses in their phones as though it would make them invisible to the man. Even to the purely mundane, Bel seemed to carry an aura like soupy poison. Perhaps it was how he dressed; leather boots, tattered black jeans, and a long dark coat that looked to be made of ratty hides fastened together with chain. Perhaps it was his blond half-mohawk that started at his crown, or the massive scar that ran across his bare chest, or even the tattoos that covered much of his body. Whatever it was, Bel didn’t give a shit. As long as no one bothered him, he was just peachy.

Of course, just because the normies were too unsettled by his presence to pay well enough attention didn’t mean he was so distracted. Pale green eyes watched with mild interest as a few teenagers caused a quiet scene in front of the woods, one of which seemed to catch fire before they disappeared int the brush. The necromancer cocked an eyebrow, letting out a thoughtful hum that apparently sounded a bit too much like the growl of a rabid dog to those around him.

Rather abruptly, Bel rose to his feet, causing those around him to visibly flinch. He could almost hear the lot of them collectively release their held breath in relief as he began to walk away, but he ignored them as he made his way over towards the spot where the teens had been a moment ago. Freaking out the normies was a pleasure for another time. Something potentially more fun just came up.​

Last edited:
It took some thinking before Dennis could come up with a reply for Auguste. He'd lived through many centuries, too many to really count by now. Of course there had been many wars both in the Otherworld and the Human world. However, this might have been the first time he'd actually ever tried to compare the two.

"Well, the current thing causing a divide seems to be the portals, probably," Dennis half mumbled. "Some people want them to close, others, like me, want them to stay open so we can travel back and forth. Before that... the witches tried to start something once. A lot of them got forced into the human realm because of that... When the gods first came, they often fought... there were the angels and the devils too... others..." The list went on and on. It was honestly sad given the relative diversity and acceptance the people of the Otherworld prided themselves on. They were so tolerant and yet intolerant at the same time. You could be whatever sort of magical creature or apparition you wanted to be, but if you had different ideas, then you had to fear being murdered even in your own city. Compared to the human realm, maybe a magicless society would've been more organized and safer. Unfortunately, that just wasn't the case.

Strangely enough, Dennis noticed that with each battle he mentioned, the pale face of Auguste de Giroux seemed to grow somehow paler and paler. The man was dressed in oddly old-fashioned clothing and his manner of speaking was rather old-fashioned as well. Dennis was suspicious that the smart thing to do was probably to stop talking and ask more questions instead, but he couldn't help but feel the urge to speak all the words he'd been bottling for the last few decades. What a relief it was to no longer be sitting with only his thoughts and the pre-planned responses of NPCs in video games. Auguste had probably noticed by now that the longer the unicorn spoke, the more comfortable he was becoming. It was a strange transformation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawrence got yanked into the forest by a teenage vampire's strangely powerful grip. Riah had done a swift introduction then suddenly pulled him off his feet and into the thorns and leaves of a spiky-danger bush.

"OW!" he yelped. "Ah, it's okay. I'm okay." He dislodged the threads of his hoodie from the brambles and sorted himself out.

"Fyrie, nice to meet you, uhm..."

Riah looked very distraught. Her dark eyes were misty, and the grip holding her skateboard had grown white-knuckled without her noticing.

"Hey," said Lawrence, trying to reassure her with his words. "Whatever's going on, you know me and my family are here to help you. I just don't know what's going on. Maybe if you explained it to me I could help." He glanced down at his phone again, checking the time.

"Classes are about to start in five minutes, basically. That's enough time to run there and you can explain along the way." His legs were protesting at the thought of running again after the sprint here from the library, but that didn't matter right now. What mattered was making sure his friend was okay and figuring out everything that had just happened in the last fifteen minutes. The day had just barely started and the whole world was already going crazy. What next, Otherworld invasion?

Rikki

That's what they came here to talk about? Rikki let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. 'Politics' were not his thing. Really because he'd be a nuisance no matter what. However, he was also someone on the side of wanting portals open. Hed stumbled into the human world once before, had the time of his life.
He began to move from his hiding place, not bothering to sneak as he began to approach. Rikki would play 'nice' for now. At least, nice enough. He didnt plan to not act suspicious. "You know you two looked rather suspicious heading in here~" his voice came out as a light taunt, but he took the reigns on sort of helping Dennis not keep rambling and get some questions in. "So Frenchy, why are you so interested in this stuff. Seems suspicious~" not really, he just wanted to taunt him. Rather he was the one popping in out of no where, eavesdropping. Of course he was the actual suspicious one.

Mianigh Mianigh PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Last edited by a moderator:
Riah - Human Realm
"What about.." she pointed at their new friend, "we can't just leave her...." that's when a bright idea crawled it's way into her head, as if already hidden in the depths of her mind for a moment like this, and she opened her mouth to resolve her last sentence, "exchange student," she said to Lawrence. She had hoped he would've realized that she meant that they were going to say Fyrie was an exchange student, but Riah, again, was now unsure due to the random burst of flame that had overcame Fyrie earlier. "Look, I went to the Otherworld again," she said to Lawrence. She looked at Fyrie and put her hand up, as if to say I'll answer your questions later, "but while I was there I saw a goblin had accidentally fallen through one of the rifts so I went after her." She took a deep breath, knowing that the time was ticking as the warning bell to the school rang off in the distance. "Anyways, when I got to her she was changed into a child but she was still acting.." she didn't know how to describe it so she just waved her hands around in the air like a crazy person, "and the only way I could think of to calm her down was to siphon off all that energy and I kind of knocked her out." She bit the bottom of her lip, embarrassed, "I didn't mean to do that I was just trying to calm her down-" she shook her head. No time to explain that part.
"I took her to my house and left her there...now I think she set the neighborhood on fire..." she nearly whispered the last part, but the smoke off in the distance and the sirens joining did very well to show that she probably was right. "but you know the situation with the Warden," that's what she called her dad around others, "school... or the safety of others?"

Mianigh Mianigh Yahhah Yahhah Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Ash - Human Realm
He sat at the back of his home room class, occupying the desk in the back to the left, closest to the window, so he could look outside at the world and as Ash watched, what seemed to him, the contretemps unfold with Riah, Lawrence and the newbie, he could also make out someone else. This person seemed to be much older. An adult. They were drenched in what looked like punk apparel and from this persons outline Ash could make out that they were most likely male. He recalled the thoughts in his mind from earlier, about following them, and although Lawrence would still be there, this new fellow who seemed to be following seemed far too interesting to miss out on. He could feel himself leaning over in his chair as he tried to get a closer look at the man who seemed to have quite a noticeable affect on the people, or rather humans, around him when his class began to fill with other students, almost making him topple over. As the warning bell to the school rang out he, once more, shook the thought out of his head and righted himself in his chair.

Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes

Travaron - Otherworld Realm
After countless failed attempts at trying to find the portal, he figured he'd take in the sounds of the nature that surrounded the abandoned library to try and calm down his frustrated and confused mind. It had been years since he had tried this area and now multiple occupants of the otherworld Realm had disappeared, without so much as a peep and he had lost his chance at entering the Human realm. Again. He was used to working alone but this was the hardest task he ever had to face by himself, and he didn't want to admit it, but he knew he couldn't get to the Human realm without the help of others. He was just unsure on how to approach anyone else about this type of situation that he so, regrettably, seemed to find himself in and the lack of trust he had for, well, anyone didn't help his chances at finding others to help.

Auguste
Otherworld (Interaction: jinxxes jinxxes Nearby: Mianigh Mianigh )

This is very concerning. So there is split opinion about opening the portals and closing them for good. Such things are causing more disagreements among the different species that it’s causing fights to break among them. Let’s not get started on the numerous wars he’s just been told about. Though most are caused by belief and opinion than species. He’d assume the opposite because of their vast differences. Surely some of the species have a predator and prey relations? Perhaps there is. It does seem like that’s what this world is like. Infinite possibilities. It doesn’t seem like there is an overarching government but more like a bunch of clans and groups comprised of different species. Making it so wars are these scuffles between these groups. Yet...it’s all so chaotic.

Perhaps it’s because of the vast amount of different moralities, species, opinions and so on that an overarching government cannot be formed. But what does this mean for humanity as a whole? If these creatures were to open the portals their chaos would spread. It’s already taxing for humanity as a whole to accept each other yet to add these factors in? We would then most likely accept each other afraid of these monsters, uniting as one against them. At least in the beginning because afterwards we would have our own dissenters joining the mystics. From a desire of power to a dream of harmony. Many reasons would pop up. But the opening of portals seem inevitable because these creatures of chaos seem to dislike stagnation, at least most of them do. Boredom will drive these portals open. Humanity, a new thing for them marvel at. Whether it’s a good thing or not is left to be decided but one thing is for sure. Is that a large war will break out because of this.

Deep into thought Auguste did not notice the newcomer crawl out of shadows until he said his firsts words. This caused the ghost to visibly flinch and snap his head over towards Rikki. A tanned man with long white hair smirks at them, taunting them with their suspicion. Auguste did not like this, the more people that showed up the more he’s at a disadvantage. He doesn’t know their capabilities compared to his, perhaps they can banish him with a thought. Gritting his teeth he reorganizes his plans of action and prepares to face with this newcomer.

“Frenchy? Hmph. What we discuss if none of your concern,” Auguste starts, his accent getting worse with his developing wariness, “It was merely due to my curiosity of this place. Now the more important question is what do you have to gain by interfering with this conversation? It’s not like this information has any value to you. So why do not continue on your own way? Partir.”

Tup
Present day: Human realm- house that's on fire

Tup sit at attic of house, she had ignited on fire. She had succeeded turn another pair of humans at entrance to out from house, before humans had started to fire water inside straight to Tup, unknowingly, and she had runned away in fear.

Tup remembered old stories from Elders of her old tribe, where humans killed generations of goblins for fun and only way for them to defense themselves was ambushing one human with ten goblins. But Tup didn't have other goblins than herself, she was kicked out from tribe after trying to connect with fire goddess by burning food storage, month before time when there isn't much food to collect. It had been last straw to Elders and they had kicked Tup out from their territory. For Tup's fortune bad times took longer to come than waited and she succeeded to find enough food for herself and cave as shelter.

Suddenly middle of Tup's thoughts, humans succeeded again fire water on her, Tup hated water, nearly as much than cold. She tried to make small campfire, but all wood was wet even her club was wet, what now her club was made from wood that didn't ignite, all goblin weapons were made from that wood, because as much goblins liked to use fire as weapon, loosing them after every use was expensive.​

Last edited:
Belvedere “Bel” d’Guede

mentions: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI , MirMonster13 MirMonster13 , Mianigh Mianigh , Yahhah Yahhah

Bel arrived at the edge of the woods a bit after the group of teens had disappeared into the trees. That was perfectly fine by him. Last thing he wanted to be doing was chatting up a bunch of haughty brats. So, instead of following in after, he merely loitered around the tree line, listening to their hushed conversation that was just on the edge of his hearing range.

As he listened to the dark-haired girl explain to her male friend all that had occurred to her in the morning, Bel squatted down to inspect the ground where the three had stood moments prior. The sun caught a single vermilion strand, causing it to practically light up compared to the dark greens and browns of the underbrush. He plucked it up between two ink-blackened fingertips, holding it up to inspect. As he’d hoped, it was a hair shed from the girl that had been on fire before. Yeah, that’d do nicely.

The necromancer pulled from his pocket what appeared to be a small featureless doll sewn roughly out of linen, one seam running down the middle left loose and open to expose the straw filling. He shoved the hair into the opening before tugging at a thread, closing the open seam. Once the doll’s chest closed up, the linen surface began to crack and curl, peeling away like paint in a housefire. What remained after was a crude yet eerily accurate facsimile of Fyrie, the stitching of her mouth curved into an optimistic smile.

Satisfied with the result, Bel pocketed the doll. He wouldn’t mess about with it just yet. After all, a single hair only gave him so much of a connection to the doll’s target. Best to use it for tracking purposes for now rather than blow it all on poking pins in it unnecessarily.

Having overheard enough by now, he straightened up and continued down the side of the road. So far, there was a goblin, an energy vampire, and some creature aligned with fire. He was also willing to bet that boy was something of that ilk, considering the girl openly discussed the Otherworld with him. Well, he could deal with that later, especially since he had a doll of one of them. Instead, he wandered towards where dark smoke rose on the horizon. Perhaps he would pay this young goblin a visit…​

Jayden: Otherworld
mentioned: Yahhah Yahhah

The bored demon laid in a large green tree near the street. He played with the gold medallion necklace, he had gotten from his parents, on his neck. Simply stareing at it as he turned it over and over again in his hand. He then noticed two beings runing down the street, one of them was a werewolf he noticed. His father disliked werewolves, but Jayden thought they weren't that bad. He decided to follow them, since he had nothing better to do. He followed them down the street, unnoticed. Until he had went from one tree to another and broke off a branch. He noticed the two had stopped. So he stayed still and hoped that they had not noticed him.

Last edited:
Sean and Mikoro
Otherworld, city street.
The two of them had been going throughout the more unknown areas of the Otherworld checking for anywhere Fyrie could've gotten to, that was until Mikoro pulled out a glowing crystal ball. "Greetings boys, I figured I would let you know that Balin and Hrothgar have made their way into the human realm. Where I am now certain Fyrie has gotten to, there is nowhere in the Otherworld where I cannot at the very least peek into with enough effort and I have been unable to locate her. They will probably have better luck among the humans, Hrothgar has to have some way to track her. Keep on your toes for their return" the voice belonged to Lady Florence. Mikoro nodded, "please let me know if you need anything else done".
"So does this mean I can go back to the bar" Sean said. The ball stopped. "Oh, hey and should we do anything about our follower". Sean pointed to the tree Jayden was in. Apparently the werewolf hadn't been ignorant of them being tailed.
"We were followed? How can you tell, and why didn't you tell me before"? Mikoro said mad at the gunslinger for withholding that kind of information from him.

"You've been doin secret missions for two thousand years and you couldn't tell... Intuition. Back in the west if you couldn't tell when you were bein followed you got eaten by wolves or shot by outlaws. I didn't tell ya because I figure if they were gonna do something they would've by now" Sean told the Familiar. Mikoro sighed, he looked up at the tree.
"We know you're there, following someone without their knowledge could be mistaken as ill intent you know" Mikoro called up to the tree.
Half-blood demon Half-blood demon

Jayden: Otherworld
Yahhah Yahhah

He then jumped down from the tree, smiling. Not because he was happy he got caught, but because he was intrigued in what the two where doing. He put up his hands to show he had no weapons out, "I have no intention of harming anyone." He said looking at the two. "I was just curious of what you two where doing. I mean you two wandered to a lot of different places." He advanced towards the two, "You have my attention." He said this in a calm voice.

Yahhah Yahhah MirMonster13 MirMonster13 jinxxes jinxxes PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Dennis trailed off as a newcomer interrupted his rambling. In the back of his mind he was simultaneously relieved and sad to lose his opportunity to ramble. In the forefront of his mind, a fight-or-flight instinct kicked in and he propelled out of his seat, nearly face-planting into a rotten bookshelf. This newcomer was also handsome, maybe just as handsome as the strangely dressed Frenchman who had cornered him in a swamp. Unlike Auguste though, Dennis could only fish mouth while searching for words that were nowhere to be found. Was it really suspicious that two human-looking men be sitting in an abandoned library discussing politics here in the Otherworld? Well, actually...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawrence ran his hands through his hair and sucked in a breath through his teeth. This was a lot of information to be receiving all at once. Looking at Fyrie now, he could see the phoenix within her. Her hair was still glowing with the embers of the last flame she a sprouted at random.

"Well, this is a bit trickier than I expected," he groaned, eyes scanning the canopy of the woods as if searching for an answer to this problem. "But it's fine. I know you can't take anymore days off. On the other hand, I can afford the absence to go chase after that goblin and send her back to the Otherworld, no problem." He gave her an apologetic smile. "Just try to go to class for now, and keep your phone on you. I'll make sure to call you if I need backup or if I'm able to sort things out." As he slowly turned on heel to exit the forest, he gave Fyrie a once over, checking to be sure that she wasn't on fire this time. "As for your idea, it's crazy but it might just work. As long as you don't spend too much time with the administration, I actually don't see any reason why they would stop you."

The urgency might not have caught up to the situation yet, but if it was actually true that a goblin had escaped into the human world, then he couldn't afford to waste time in sending it back. Goblins were known worshipers of the Fire Goddess, and leaving one alone in an unprotected human city could lead to insurmountable disaster. As a dragon, he didn't fear fire nor did it burn him. Riah, however, would be crispified should things go down. She was still new to the Otherworld and her knowledge of the many magical species was limited. If she had known what that small green creature could've gotten into being left unattended, she would've shoved her back through the portal without second thought. And that was what he was about to do right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back