• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Main RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Chief of security
Xalvador Quill
Mood: Stoic
U.S.S. Phoenix | Docking Bay

Interactions ||
N/A

Mentions ||
Geozaki Geozaki Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Voider Voider

With his arms behind his back and his gaze staring out the ship's windshield, Xalvador reminisced about the time when the old Captain was still in charge, hearing his command as he was the one to issue the launch of the U.S.S Phoenix. The memories were fond even if they were short-lived. Now, with Thea Fox in charge, the sudden sound of her voice calling out for preparation for the launch was a strange sound compared to that of the original Captain. Without so much as ushering a single word, Xalvador listened as the magnetic clamps that held the ship in place at the current docks unlatched themselves one after another as the propulsion engines hummed to life, truly the ship had been reborn anew as though everything it had gone through was nothing more than a distant memory.

Finally, as the ship left the dock and rocketed off to make distance between the station and itself, Xalvador had moved his arms from behind him simply to cross them against his chest before the ship made the jump into quantum speed. Knowing well enough that their destination would most likely be reached rather quickly, instead of heading off the bridge to go on patrol, he remained there while indirectly listening to the confirmations and chatter between the crew members on the ship regarding the stability of the ship, the status of their jump to quantum speed, how close they were to their destination and how soon they were going to drop back to their normal speed.

Since there wouldn't be much to do until they reached their destination, aside from listening to the chatter amongst the crew, the only other option now was simply to daydream for the time being. His thoughts wandered as he began to focus on the situation that lead them to their current point in time, what was that ship that attacked them, was it bounty hunters, were they pirates, or maybe some sort of new alien threat. All the different thoughts came to his mind and yet not a single answer was discovered in the end; hunters wouldn't randomly attack civilian ships let alone attack a ship that was part of the Galactic Union in risk that they could have the entire force of a military against them, and this would go double for pirates, civilian ships wouldn't carry much currency and surely if the pirates truly wanted to take belongings from them, they wouldn't just leave them for dead, but then the only other option was that it was a new alien threat. However, the possibilities that a new alien race suddenly attacking unknown vessels out of the blue without first observing would make them a primitive race or something entirely different altogether.

While lost in thought, Xalvador hadn't even noticed when the ship had finally reached its destination nor did he pay any mind as the vessel slowly made its way into the docking bay. The sudden call to order by his rank was the one thing that snapped him back into reality as he stood at attention. "Yes ma'am." Being the only words to leave his lips as he proceeded to follow the newly appointed Captain off the ship and finally down onto the docking bay where the two were greeted by two other individuals, a male and a female. Without a word, Xalvador stood several feet behind their Captain as he kept his gaze shifting amongst the two individuals. As it appeared, both individuals were human however the female; First Officer Johnson appeared to have something different about her, while he couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was right off the bat without the use of his right eye due to it being covered by his eyepatch, it wouldn't take much of a genius to understand there was something off about the woman.
Code by Serobliss

Thea Phoenix.png
Thursday, August 14th 2498
10:16 am

Thea briefly considered waving away Erich's salute as she had Listen's earlier but quickly dismissed it. She knew that it was massively important to make a good impression on her Cheif Tactical Officer during his time aboard the Phoenix, after all, what happens while he's travelling with them could have dramatic consequences on the future of the Union's relationship with the commonwealth, and Thea didn't want to come across as rude by waving his salute away. Then, moments after, Ida also saluted as she introduced herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you both," Thea responded politely, "I am Captain Thea Fox and this is our Chief of Security, Xalvador Quill," she added, introducing herself and Quill in return. She knew that it was likely a redundant step, but she did it anyway, out of courtesy more than anything else.

Thea looked towards Erich first. "I understand that the Union may operate slightly differently to the commonwealth, but I know I speak on behalf of us all when I say that it is an honour to have you serving aboard the Phoenix with us, and I hope that this will mark the beginning of a flourishing relationship between our two peoples," Thea bowed her head slightly as she spoke to Erich, while she had every intention of treating him just the same as she would any other member of the crew, Thea wanted to do her best to make him feel welcome and the Admirals had spent so long drilling into her the importance of this exchange program and making sure to give off the best impression that she figured it would be helpful to address how much she and the union appreciated the commonwealth's trust that facilitated the exchange program going ahead. Thea straightened her posture again as she moved on to business. "I need you and Lieutenant Commander Quill to oversee the collection of our supplies before we take off. It's mostly ammunition for the ship's armaments and small firearms for the crew. Here is a copy of the manifest," Thea handed a datapad to Erich which listed everything that they were here to collect. "I look forward to serving alongside you, Lieutenant," Though she had spoken in a formal tone for the most part, Thea's final words were far more informal, and she smiled warmly to Erich as she spoke them.

Thea then turned to look at Ida. "Of course, permission granted," She said in response to her new first officer's request to board the ship. "Would you like me to show you around while we have some time before departure?"

Voider Voider Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Nothingness Nothingness

Erich Nord

Interactions: Thea ( Geozaki Geozaki ), Xalvador ( Nothingness Nothingness ).
Erich Nord 256x384.png
After Thea greeted them and addressed Erich, he responded in kind. "Of course, it is also an honor to serve aboard the U.S.S. Phoenix; I am sure that this program shall assist in bringing our two nations to a mutual understanding." While his answer may have had somewhat different wording, the Commonwealth viewed this program as a way to "test the waters", so he wasn't going to get to ahead of himself. Slightly bowing his head in turn, Erich listened intently as the Captain gave him his orders, and grabbed the datapad when she handed it over to him. "Very well, I shall work with the Chief Security Officer to make sure that all ammunition and firearms are properly acquired." Once more saluting, he turned his attention to the Xin.

With a bow of his head, he spoke. "Greetings, Lieutenant Commander Quill, I look forward to working with you on securing our supplies." Considering that Xalvador was present for both of his salutes to the Captain, and that she had worded it such as working with him rather than under him for this task, Erich determined that a bow of the head would be appropriate for greeting. "You may lead the way to where our cargo is being loaded, and I will follow." While he was being polite, he also didn't know the path to the ship's cargo hold, so he'd let the Chief Security Officer lead him there.

Thus, with his first assignment as an officer in the Union, Erich considered how he would handle the foreseeable future. Working aboard a Union ship, he would follow orders with determination and do his best for the ship and it's crew, as any self-respecting officer would do; though he would always have a duty to his own nation, no matter where he was in space and time.

Last edited:
Smiles were the best invention of humans. Without a single sound, they could direct an atmosphere to calm. Listen returned the captainโ€™s, her own grin raising her puffy cheeks up to her eyes. She relaxed her posture from the salute, keeping in a loose form of parade rest. Well, as well as she could with a handfoot full of smoky buns. She trilled at the offer to ask questions. This was an excellent commander. She understood the importance of communication! Questions avoided errors and misunderstandings. โ€œThank you Captain. I think weโ€™ll have a wonderful time together.โ€

Feeling reassured, she opened the box with her handfoot, letting a burst of steam release. โ€œI offer you the first smoky bun, freshly made this morning from Dr. Chef.โ€ Her trills sped up as she pondered an English term for him, โ€œHe is similar to my grandparent, but that is not quite right either. We share no blood. But his actions speak as if one. He sends everyone in the Collective out with them.โ€ She laid the box down on a clear surface, the steam enticing. โ€œTheyโ€™re packed with protein. The perfect way to start a voyage. Have one too, Lt. Commander.โ€ Taking one for herself, she waddled over to her station, placing an earbud into her hearing receptacle, and began to review the messages coming onto the ship. Nothing out of the ordinary. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. When they were given clearance to depart, she passed the information on to Captain Anthea. As the captain prepared the ship, she communicated their positioning with the control towers, sending over the confirmation once they cleared the distance needed to reach quantum speed.

First one pitch, then a second followed by a third and the ship sang as it reached its speed, warping space to its will. In joy, Listen joined its song, knowing this was where she was meant to be.

Anima Ship A.I.
Mentions:

sample_254b861437dc4ccc71a2598549054f296d610985.jpg

As the ship that Anima was she could feel it all and she linked with the stations systems to recover and updates or news they might have missed. While uncommon ut was not unheard of for ship to miss a communication for whatever reason. So the A.I. of any ship would ask any stations systems for news and updates then confirm what they already knew and what they didn't. This for organics even enhanced once might take ours but with just some processing power given an A.I. could do it in moments. Aside from the new officers and their files there was little important news.

Seeing through the cameras Anima looked over both the cyborg and the exchange officer. While organics enhancing themselves to better serve was in a way admirable Ida's history made Anima wonder if she should be allowed the grade she was. Mutipule accounts of altercations, with somone as altered as her was dangerous. Anima looked through the record easily able to access it and look through her medical records both physical and any time she might have visited a counselor. Sadly the files of the notes of ant counselor were locked given they were private affairs beyond basic notes.

The exchange officer didn't worry Anima as much, the union had decided he was worth trusting so she would trust him. That wasn't to say she was giving him a blank check inside her and she would make sure of where he was at all times. That was something she would've doing with the transhumanist first officer.

Anima did wonder why somone that was little more than a brain in a mechanical body would bother to keep any organics and not just fully digitize themselves and ditch what little organic parts were holding them back. It would no doubt be an upgrade as the otganic mind reacted to chemistry which was far slower than the digitized mind that acted on electricity. While a lot of the first officer was electric it still needed to wait on the parts of her that were still chemical based and had to waste time interpreting those signals.

While both files for the officers had their latest scans Anima was not exactly satisfied with them. Right near the crewmen the holographic emitters came to life and Anina projected out her avatar into the hallways.

" if we are going to be showing them around might I suggest the Sick bay be the first stop. " Anima said her Tone making it clear she was suggesting it over really asking " I would like to make sure both their scans are up to date " she explained her eyes not moving even as she focused on the heavily augmented woman more than the exchange officer.

1680831766196.png
Vleer
interaction: n/a
the vaguely humanoid blob sat at the controls of the vessel or at least the helm of it humming softly as they were basically just reading out their current course, this was a "slime" or rather a grendalor rare outside of the stellarc but this one was here and usually outside of an exoframe the huge suits that they often wore when actually seen. "hmm lets see where is everyone else anyway... hmm" they'd say with a small hum thoughtfully tapping a different device that let him see some of the internal cameras sure he wasn't supposed to be looking through them but Vleer wasn't feeling all to energetic today.. just tired.. why? he wasn't sure maybe spending 3 nights or well 36 hours awake wasn't a good idea he wasn't sure he'd never tried that but still point was his tired curiosity had gotten the better of him as he flicked through the vessel internal camera idle

Ida Johnson

โ€œIf a tour is required by the commander. I am currently free to oblige.โ€ Ida turned in place slowly to face the holographic projection. The cyborgs voice box grating out more words. โ€œYour AI can also just send me their data and save us both the trouble, Commander. I could carry on by myself and be at the ready in an estimated twelve minutes, faster beat to quarters.โ€

Ida did not feel the need to explain how quickly she could get into battle station but she wished to impart a general sense of getting a move on to the Commander.

In truth, she truly did not care for show and tell that inevitably came with being on a new vessel. If it was forty years ago she could have been bothered to care, to memorize faces, lead by example. It was just more fodder, theyโ€™d be gone in a few short years and Ida would be looking at ignoring another new batch.

It was just easier that way. The crew was just as human as the AI scanning her. Ida turning in place to offer the facsimile of life a profile shot. Her already dull eyes losing some of their luster as she looked over the hologram.

She preferred the disembodied style of AI, the neutral little chatterboxes pretending they understood life. It was less annoying than having them try to portray a โ€˜personality.โ€™ AI never understood and never would. The highest compliment she could pay being the admission they were useful in a fight as well as the day to day running of a ship. Sheโ€™d never associate with one outside of her requirements.

It was better than the security officer at least.

โ€œIf it is not required, I will stop by my own quarters, then move to the bridge.โ€

Thea Phoenix.png
10:20 am

While preparing herself for this pickup, Thea had expected there to be some anonymity, but, despite being aware of her record, she expected it more from Erich than Ida. She admitted to herself that this belief may have been somewhat discriminatory, but it was unusual, at least in her experience, for a union officer to be less amicable than a representative of another faction, a faction which, as far as Thea understood, still viewed the Union with intense suspicion at best. Thea was slightly surprised by Anima's sudden appearance, but the moment she expressed her desire to check their scans, Thea understood, maybe Anima was having the same misgivings as she was. "If you are certain that you don't need any guidance, then I will let you get settled in as you see fit, commander," Thea responded, her tone remaining completely professional as she did. "Though I would recommend visiting engineering so that you can familiarise yourself with the new systems, the upgrades in the past months have been rather extensive and many of our new systems are experimental and brand new to pretty much everyone." Thea added, "That being said, if Lieutenant Commander Anima insists, I am afraid you'll have to go to medical on your way, as I'm sure you're aware when it comes to the safety of the crew, the chief medical officer outranks the captain." Thea would have, in all honesty, preferred to show her new first officer around herself, if nothing else, just in order to try and get a better read on her, but there was no regulation that stated that she had any requirement to do so, especially as her first officer was someone so experienced and who had served for so long with the Union. But, if Anima was insistent, then there was nothing anyone would be allowed to do to get in her way.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Voider Voider Karcen Karcen Nothingness Nothingness

Chief of security
Xalvador Quill

Interactions ||
Voider Voider

Mentions ||
Geozaki Geozaki Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

Remaining silent and at the slightest distance from behind the Captain the entire time she conversed with the two individuals before her, once Xalvador's name came up a second time aside from being introduced, he'd raise a brow as to what reason the Captain would have to be mentioning him yet again. Hearing the instructions that he was to work with the Lieutenant to secure and confirm the acquisition of the ship's ammunition and firearms, he'd only give a nod of his head before he was approached by said Lieutenant. Returning the respective nod to the human, Xalvador turned on the heel of his foot before facing the opposing direction as he headed off towards the side and eventually the back of the ship.

Throughout the walk, Xalvador mostly kept silent, not only was he unsure what to say to the stranger but as well as the fact that since the man was still new, trusting the Lieutenant would take time as it did with any stranger when it came to the Xin. As the duo neared the rear end of the ship, Xalvador had decided to at least attempt to make some sort of small talk, both as a way to seemingly 'break the ice' but as well as having a question regarding the female individual that they had met earlier. "So, Lieutenant Erich. I have a question, how long have you known First Officer Ida?" While the question was simple enough, the answer the male would give would determine on whether or not Xalvador would pry any further into questioning, the woman was definitely not entirely humanoid, yet if she was cybernetically enhanced it was something that even his hidden eye could not fully detect under the patch which was uncommon if they were ordinary cybernetics.

While waiting for the response, by the time the two had reached the rear of the ship only to find the loading platform of the ship had been lowered, Xalvador watched as both crewmates and dock workers scurried around the dock, loading and unloading pallets full of both wooden and metallic crates. Some of which had labels and words printed on the sides, and others were wrapped firmly in saran wrap to keep them from spilling over. Food, water, ammunition, weaponry and other supplies were being loaded onto the ship while trash and other useless things had been unloaded. "Hm, it appears that everything is going as smoothly as ever.." As Xalvador spoke, it was not entirely directed towards Erich but moreover a general statement in itself.
Code by Serobliss

Erich Nord

Interactions: Xalvador ( Nothingness Nothingness )
Erich Nord 256x384.png
Lieutenant Erich patiently followed the Chief Security Officer, walking in measured steps. It seemed that they were travelling towards the stern of the U.S.S. Phoenix, which must be where the cargo hold was located. After quite a while, Xalvador asked him a question, one which was slightly odd in his opinion. "Well, if I recall correctly, I would say that we became acquainted approximately... 20 minutes ago, give or take." He replied in a flat tone; while the answer could be taken as sarcastic, he was simply speaking the truth. "I know little about her."

As Erich finished speaking, they both approached the loading platform, which was bustling with activity. Though Xalvador's comment may not have been directed to him, he was inclined to respond anyway. "I must agree, it seems that the process of cargo is being conducted quite efficiently, which is commendable." Bringing up the data pad that the Captain had given him, which he had been carrying by his side, he studied the various supplies being loaded. "This should last us quite awhile. I also appreciate that the Union recognizes the importance of bringing sufficient ammunition and weaponry; you never know what the unknown may throw at you." Erich was pleased to know that he'd have adequate resources to utilize for his role as Chief Tactical Officer, in order to deal with any threats to the ship. It was always safer to question when there would be trouble, rather than if.

Last edited:
Anima Ship A.I.
Mentions: Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Geozaki Geozaki

sample_254b861437dc4ccc71a2598549054f296d610985.jpg

Anima didn't really like that the cyborg wanted to go rather than get a scan, but the scan was just a mad up excuse to check out what was in her. Anima could try to say it was required, but that was a lie and she was programed not to lie unless the situation called for it. That tended to be like if the ship was captured, or it was needed to save the crew's life. That was not for a situation where the A.I. didn't trust the first mate. That was not likely something any programmer had thought up. Well Anima was programed to evolve on her own, nit just stick to a strict list of situations and responses. So did this situation require a lie? The nanoseconds it took Anima to debate the question would barely even register to humans and most organics, she doubted even the cyborg would notice the stalling with her still somewhat organic mind.

In the end there was no real reason beyond a vague dislike of the woman and a distrust born of her record to actually do anything and neither of those required a scan. There was no logical reason to demand a scan or to lie and say it was required. Well Anima could just request a list from the woman to be given when she got time. If the woman lied then Anima would report it and of course keep a closer eye on the woman.

" If you are sure then fine, but i would like a list of all your components, to make sure it all plays nice with my systems " Anima said with a shrug having decided to let the first office go this time. Still she had chosen the words her systems carefully to make sure the first officer would know Anima was always watching.

With that Anima turned her holographic form to the captain " I will turn off the emitter if i am needed call for me" anima said respectfully as her way of saying good by as many medical staff might say they would be in sick bay if needed, but Anima was the ship so there was no place she wasn't. Wiht that her image flicked and vanished as Anima resumed her nature of being unseen to all yet always present.

As the captain left the bridge, Listen looked up from her station. Her eyes caught on a bright blue creature. He was skinny like those humans, so perhaps he was human, but she had never seen one like him before. Regardless, he was slumped in a way that sheโ€™d felt often on long nights. Tired. Or perhaps his species had bad posture--Listen always felt humans could be blown over by a heavy wind. Still, it couldnโ€™t hurt to offer him one of her smoky buns.

Standing, she headed toward him, first stopping to pick up the box. Holding it in her top handfeet, her steps from the other four were heavy against the steel of the floor, her way heralded before she stopped by his side. โ€œGood morning!โ€ She trilled, her song seeming to try and nudge him into a dance. โ€œYouโ€™re welcome to have one as well.โ€ She shifted a handfoot, offering the steaming box to him, โ€œTheyโ€™re packed with protein! Just what you need for the start of a voyage.โ€

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
Ida Johnson

She didnโ€™t even react, the effort and energy it would take to physically protest the request was just not worth it, despite how little it would actually take.

โ€œIf a list is required then you can get it. The Union keeps an updated registry of their extensively upgraded officers. If they blocked it out again Iโ€™ll drop you my biokey off for full access to the list. The tech teams act like itโ€™s some big secret.โ€

In the local network, Ida dropped her open biokey into the web. The lengthy code corresponding to the lengthy personnel file the AI had no doubt already perused. The Union had plenty of secrets hidden right next to the skeletons keeping them in their closets.

โ€œThat should fulfill your curiosity subroutines for now.โ€

Ida let her eyes drift a bit, staring into the void as she looked at nothing in particular before deciding to snap to a salute and turn off toward her room, following the overlay inside her eyes towards her quarters.

Chief of security
Xalvador Quill

Interactions ||
Voider Voider

Mentions ||
N/A

As the two continued to stand at the cargo bay of the ship and watched how both dock workers and crew members of the ship worked with one another to load and unload supplies, Xalvador had already taken notice as to how the lieutenant had stated that he had only just met the First Officer and had little knowledge about her. If there was anything suspicious with the female, it appeared as though either the truth would be revealed as the crew went on missions with one another or she made some sort of slip-up and revealed her information on her own. Either way, it didn't matter at the moment, Xalvador was given a task by the new Captain and he would be sure to follow orders as he was told and possibly deal with this mystery at a later time.

It wasn't until the lieutenant mentioned his approval on the stock of ammunition and gear did Xalvador actually begin to take notice of the amount that had been getting loaded onto the ship. Now that it was getting mentioned, Xalvador had begun to question just what their future missions were going to be composed of that they would need such large amounts of firepower. Sure, while it was understandable to be 'safer than sorry', did they honestly expect trouble? Sure, they were attacked by an unknown enemy but what would the extra firepower do if they were ever caught off guard as they were the first time? Shaking his head to keep his thoughts from being pessimistic, he soon turned to face the lieutenant before giving the male a pat on the shoulder. "Well, it appears that everything is running on schedule Lieutenant. If you'd like, feel free to take a walk around the ship and get a feel for your new home away from home. I will be checking on my men and making sure there will be no complications before we take off. Do take care and welcome board." With that said, Xalvador proceeded to head back in the direction the two had come from, intent on re-entering the ship back up the ramp that he exited from earlier with the Captain.
Code by Serobliss

Playback log...
LCDR Miryam "Mia" Allansy.
Engineering Commander
Beginning playback...........

The launch was going smoothly, as Mia had returned to her station back in Engineering, overhearing the communication of Thea, she would smirk while adjusting her sleeve, before flicking it on and steadying her communications with her team, "Well. You heard the woman. Be ready for launch." Within minutes, she was back at her station, trotting about in Engineering, barking different orders to her crew, some seemed to flinch at the woman, there would be an eventual sigh coming from Mia, an admission that, she does not have the men, women, and everything in between anymore. A thought that she had for months, lingering in the back of her mind, a silent enemy. The weight of the deaths slowly pressing down further on her, 'It wont. It won't happen again.'

After a brief time, Mia's voice would be heard to her team again, "Bring us out of Quantum Drive. We're going manual for this. Fire up the main engines." She'd continue, before turning from the console, "We're here for a few things, most of which I do not care about. But, there are some extra systems, and ammunition. To put it blunt, we're to help on the external side of things, making sure our rearmament goes smooth, and then, we're off into the stars once more." She'd then take a nod, and organize the teams and their duties. Spinning back around, Mia would take a deep breath again...

Memories of that day still haunted her, intruding her mind and ebbing away at her confidence, though she didn't at all show it. With a few keystrokes of the console in front of her, she accessed the engineering mainframe, alongside a systems overview, handling many things at once, doing a scan of each of the Phoenix's systems, if something were to have broken, she'd find it, and come screaming down the loading bay below her to whichever commander she needed to shout at, to get her damn systems back in order, as it should have been the first time. While there were small errors, most were easy to fix, or of no consequence to leave as is. The last thing she checked, Life support, and it's status on the reflex generators, ensuring that That becomes the first powered system. Before glancing to other monitors, idly watching the crews load the ship, with the aid of her Engineers.

Erich Nord

Interactions: None
Erich Nord 256x384.png"Thank you for the welcome, Lieutenant Commander. I will continue to oversee the loading of cargo, then go to check on my personnel as well." Erich slightly bowed his head as Xalvador left, turning back to look at the cargo bay. He walked around, checking on the cargo and personnel loading it, making sure that everything was in order.

Once most of the cargo had been loaded, Erich made his way with some Tactical Division personnel who were transporting ammunition to the torpedo tubes. He silently walked along, studying the torpedoes, and continuing to take stock of the weapons shown on the data pad.

After having reached the torpedo room, Erich began to speak to the crew there, holding a rigid posture.
"I am Lieutenant Erich Nord, acting Chief Tactical Officer aboard the U.S.S. Phoenix. I will be your divisional commander for this expedition." He decided to briefly introduce himself, as with his Commonwealth uniform, only the badge on his chest denoted him as a Tactical Officer. "We shall be getting underway soon, and I do not plan for us to be unprepared." He paused, and idea quickly forming. "Crew of the Tactical Division, show me what you are capable of; all torpedo tubes are to be loaded with plasma torpedoes immediately!" With the order shouted, the crew scrambled to work. "Move quickly; in a life or death scenario, there is no time to waste! You two, get that tube loaded now!..."

A couple minutes went by as Erich continued to rally and order them, and before long, all torpedo tubes were loaded and ready to fire. "Good work! You are all dismissed. Remember, in the midst of combat, the entire crew of this ship relies on us to do our job efficiently and effectively." He gave a salute out of respect, before deftly turning around and walking out of the room. Perhaps he should suggest ship-wide drills to the Captain, as it would be good to have everyone aboard ready for quick action.

1680831766196.png

Vleer
interaction: Lost Echo Lost Echo
โ€œHu oh? Err morningโ€œ vleer said with a small yawn the slime stretching their body to crazy proportions before seemingly rubber banding back together. โ€œOh listen right? Hi there wasnt expecting to see you on the bridgeโ€ฆ but the box sounds kinda niceโ€œ theyโ€™d reply body engulfing the cube that was now floating around inside the slimes mass. โ€œTastes pretty good hmm sorry sorta spent too many days awake my whole body feels like itโ€™s gonna fall apart or start fighting itself..โ€

Listen was silent. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were wide. Sheโ€™d stopped trilling in her surprise. โ€˜One.โ€™ She thought over and over as the slime engulfed the box in her handfoot. โ€˜One.โ€™ She repeated, seeing the container start to be digested. Her silence rang in her ears, reflecting her horror, but she closed her mouth, running her large tongue over her teeth. A croak came out, similar to a frogโ€™s before she tuned it into a word, โ€œWell.โ€

This was the second failure of communication sheโ€™d had today. It was not a good sign. Still, knowing there wasnโ€™t anything she could change and pointing out the failure would only attract attention to it, she nodded and tried for a smile, showing too many teeth. โ€œYou looked like you needed it.โ€ She thought about what he did say, and a song started up again as her curiosity grew, โ€œDoes your body often do such?โ€ Only after she spoke did she realize it might have just been an expression. She trilled a laugh mostly at herself as if sheโ€™d been joking.

Thea Phoenix.png
10:34 am

Thea returned Ida's salute and watched as Ida returned to the ship. During her time in the Union, she had never really met anyone quite like Ida, and, at this moment, she didn't really know how she felt about her. After a moment, Thea made her own way back onto the ship.

Thea walked through the halls of the Phoenix as she made her way to her quarters. Nodding and smiling to the people she passed on her way. It was strange seeing so many new faces on the ship. Sure, in her years aboard crew members had come and gone, but never on this large a scale. Upon arriving, Thea stepped into her new quarters, something else that had changed, her old quarters had been closer to engineering, but her new home aboard the ship was far closer to the bridge. With time she would surely become accustomed to the change, but due to the quantity of things that had changed, Thea was finding the whole ordeal somewhat overwhelming. Thea strolled over to her desk and slumped down in the seat stationed at it. She glanced around the room that she would call home for the coming months. It was very bare and was in desperate need of some personality, but that would have to come later. Thea turned her attention to the desk and tapped her finger on it's surface. as soon as her finger brushed the desk, a semi-transparent holographic screen flickered into life, hovering above the desk at the perfect height for Thea to see it without straining her neck or eyes in any way. She glanced over the words that appeared and leaned forward as she went about filing reports and catching up on anything the admirals might've sent through.

11:12 am

Thea sighed, switching the screen off and leaning back in her chair, stretching as she did. She puffed up her cheeks and exhaled dramatically, blowing air upwards and causing her hair to blow upwards. After a pause, she stood up, and stepped out from behind the desk. She moved to the mirror in her room and straightened out her uniform and her hair, staring at her reflection briefly. Then she walked out of her quarters and headed for the bridge.

Upon arriving at the bridge, rather than sitting, Thea hovered nervously around her chair, awaiting for the arrival of the rest of her bridge crew.

Erich Nord

Interactions: Thea ( Geozaki Geozaki )
Mentions: Listen ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ), Vleer ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 )

Erich Nord 256x384.pngAfter his preparations of the torpedo tubes, Erich made his way to the bridge. He had no more orders or tasks to complete, and seeing as they would most certainly be getting underway soon, he thought it prudent to be present at the ship's center of command.

Once the door to the bridge opened in front of him, Erich entered with rigid steps. Passing by two individuals, he gave a brief salute of acknowledgement to them both, recognizing them as Lieutenant Listen & Lieutenant Vleer; the Communications Officer and Helmsman respectively, if he recalled correctly. He noted that the former had a far longer name in actuality, which he believed had something to do with a frog and lily pad on a pond, but didn't fully put to memory due to the shortened name listed in the briefing.

Approaching the captain, Erich gave a sharp salute. "Lieutenant Nord reporting! Lieutenant Commander Quill and I have seen to it that the designated cargo is now onboard. As the Tactical Officer, I have also taken the liberty of loading all torpedo tubes with plasma torpedoes; they are ready to fire at a moment's notice, Captain." He paused for any response, before continuing with another subject. "If I may, Captain, I would like to suggest periodic drills for the ship's crew throughout this expedition, if that is not already planned; it would do well for everyone to be swift and organized in the event of a true emergency, as I am sure you understand."

1680831766196.png

Vleer
he'd quirk an eyebrow confused at listens reaction... maybe a slime was a bit too weird for them? "oh um you ok there? sorry if I surprised you grendalor are.. really really weird form galactic standards" he'd say with a cheerful smile on his face reaching out a slimy limb and patting them on the head gently. "and yes I REALLY did need that.. like seriously... i don't think id eaten for like.. waaaay too long.. and this taste almost as good as meal paste back home" Vleer would cheerfully announce. "but yeah my body does this normal i can do a bunch of other stuff too like shift it to look like diffrent shapes or forms or the like... pretty neet right?" he'd reply with a cheerful extiment as if he had sudden renewed energy.

Listen scuttered on her four handfeet to the side, the last two forming a salute as the captain entered. Looking at her pause before her chair, the Grum thought she might ahve something else to say. But then she formed another salute for the first officerโ€™s arrival. The pale human went straight to the captain to report. In turn, the lieutenant returned her attention to Vleer.

โ€œNo, noโ€ Listen waved a handfoot as if pushing it away. โ€œNothingโ€™s wrong. Donโ€™t worry, the Grum are pretty rare in the galaxy too. Our diets might be different, but we all have the same goal in the end. Peace.โ€ The chubby otter face puffed out with a smile. She remembered to nod, instead of the automatic melody change of agreement she was quietly putting off. โ€œItโ€™s an adapted recipe; thereโ€™s not much left from home, but the tree fungus works quite wellโ€ฆthough Iโ€™m not sure how the box would taste.โ€

โ€œI was most concerned over your body falling apart, but to shift shape is remarkable. I do wonder though, and please I mean no offense but, why so few limbs?โ€ It was strange enough that humans only had four limbs to deal with (and their feet were so useless), but to choose it?

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: Geozaki Geozaki Voider Voider

1680831766196.png

Vleer
"well hmm yeah good question about the limbs most equipment is designed for ... four limbs you know? so i take on a similar form to run it normally id just have as many pseudopods as needed" vleer would explain with a smile on his face. however, Vleer would pause awkwardly realizing something. "wait.. im... not supposed.. to eat the box.. i.. oh.. err.. i.. um..." They'd become a deep shade of purple realizing they'd totally messed up this was the 8th time he'd eaten something he wasn't supposed too.. this was.. soo .. bad.. "oh.. uch crap.. but err.. yeah us grendalor.. sorta just.. eat anything digestible... we don't really cook.. much.. i think the most cooking iv made is.. meal paste that stuff.. fine?" he'd say awkwardly trying to justify his box eating becuse man eating a spoon was bad but eating containers what else would they think he'd try to eat... there communication devices??

Listen automatically trilled in agreement, before nodding. She did know. It was occasionally difficult for her to work in the humanoidsโ€™ confinements. They were just so tiny and cute! โ€œI suppose you can also just grow the limbs as needed. Your physiology is fascinating.โ€ Case in point, the beingโ€™s color shifted, turning a beautiful deep purple, so distracting that she almost missed his stuttered concerns. ยงOh! The box!ยง she sang, accidentally speaking Grummish first. Her hand waved away the problem. It had passed. โ€œDid it help nourish you? I may not be able to make more, but Doctor Chef sends them around periodically. You said you hadnโ€™t eaten in ages. If it helped, that is all that matters.โ€ As long as the captain didnโ€™t ask for one at least. She turned to glance at the woman, the first officer still in front of her. Hopefully, she wouldnโ€™t remember the offer.
USER=68069] Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 [/USER]
Mentions: Geozaki Geozaki Voider Voider

1680831766196.png

Vleer
"well yeah the box tasted great honestly.. but err ill remeber not to eat the boxes next time.. and yeah.. our biology pretty cool.. unless we get stuck in water or with cehmcial then we sorta just keep absorbin it.. its why most of us wear but suits of armor" vleer explained with a chirping too his voice the grendalor rather happy. "so what about your own rance im sure it does some interesting stuff too right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back