• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[The One Ring] The Rise of Dale - OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
A roll of 11 on the d12, is an Eye of Sauron, and the d12 counts as 0! In addition, you also gain one point of Temporary Shadow.

A roll of 12 on the d12, is a Sign of Gandalf, and is an auto-success.

If you roll a 6 on one of the d6, and your roll succeeds, it's a Great Success. You need to narrate what made you succeed better, or how your success exceeded expectation a bit.
If you roll 2 or more 6s on the d6, and your roll succeeds, it's an Exceptional Success. You need to narrate how your success went beyond expectations.

In Combat, every 6 on a d6 allows you to add your Body, or Favored Body (if the Weapon Skill is Favored), to the damage, as many times as you gained 6s, so on a successful attack, with 2 6s, you do your normal weapon damage, and twice your Body (or Favored Body) to the damage.

A roll of 11 on the d12, is an Eye of Sauron, and the d12 counts as 0! In addition, you also gain one point of Temporary Shadow.

A roll of 12 on the d12, is a Sign of Gandalf, and is an auto-success.

If you roll a 6 on one of the d6, and your roll succeeds, it's a Great Success. You need to narrate what made you succeed better, or how your success exceeded expectation a bit.
If you roll 2 or more 6s on the d6, and your roll succeeds, it's an Exceptional Success. You need to narrate how your success went beyond expectations.

In Combat, every 6 on a d6 allows you to add your Body, or Favored Body (if the Weapon Skill is Favored), to the damage, as many times as you gained 6s, so on a successful attack, with 2 6s, you do your normal weapon damage, and twice your Body (or Favored Body) to the damage.
Ok wait. Explain this a bit simpler please. Im used to D&D if that helps at all.

If I am reading correctly. You roll a number of d6s per your skill.

So if someone's skill in stealth was three they would roll 3d6s.

roll of 6=good

many 6s=many good

And in combat every 6 on a d6 means I add my body to it. So if I roll 2d6s its the damage plus 2 times my body (or favored body if its a favored weapon).

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

So for the opening are our characters supposed to end up and meet somewhere? Do we know each other already or are we making introductions here? Is there a particular place you want us to stage our "entrance"? How do you want us to start this out?

Ok so how do you roll a dice on here? So here's an example role for stealth (based on my character) to check if im getting this right.

Last edited:
Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

So for the opening are our characters supposed to end up and meet somewhere? Do we know each other already or are we making introductions here? Is there a particular place you want us to stage our "entrance"? How do you want us to start this out?
You've already met, but you can give an introduction on what your character looks like, and his or her views on the others.
No particular place in mind. Your Barding can choose a place in town if she wants to show off.

I imagine the Barding is likely the center of the group. She likely knows the master dwarf, and maybe even one or both of the Beornings, from the Battle. And the elf might well have sent a letter in advance to the one his sister fought side by side with, to let her know he's coming.
Or some such scenario.
If you want, you can hash it out in the OOC thread first, and go from there.

The link from the "[The One Ring] The Rise of Dale - The Festival of Five Armies" to the Character sheet doesn't work for me.
Anyone else having issues?

Any thoughts on how we want our fellowship to come together? Shall we meet at the festival or will we have a pre-arranged relationship?

I think I like the idea of meeting at the festival. Vigdis would be involved, but mostly on the sidelines so if there are other characters on the fringes she could easily meet them.

From taking a look over at the characters thread it seems like Vigdis and Dorin are the only ones who are likely residents of Dale/Erebor, then the two Beornings and an Elf of Lorien so I'm thinking even more that meeting at the festival makes the most sense!

They were but many of those same dwarves are now the dwarves that inhabit Erebor, if not the majority of them!
True, but Dorin's family settled in the Blue Mountains following the whole arrival of Smaug thing. Doubtless he and others there would've heralded a summons from Thorin, but I'd have thought the Battle would have long concluded by the time they could get there.

From taking a look over at the characters thread it seems like Vigdis and Dorin are the only ones who are likely residents of Dale/Erebor, then the two Beornings and an Elf of Lorien so I'm thinking even more that meeting at the festival makes the most sense!
Well, I imagine Dorin getting to know Vigdis over the course of his visits to Dale is a possibility, and he could've run into Bersha and Inglord on the road. But as to how likely it is that the other characters could've encountered each other in the past, I imagine their players likely know them characters better than I do.

It’s possible that the elven contingent had notified Vigdis’s family that there was an elven lore master from Lorien amongst them who is familiar with the histories of the old Kingdom of Dale and of the region. Smaug had destroyed most of the the written history and lore of Dale. . Maybe King Bard requested Vigdis family to reach out to Calanhir to “reclaim” some of that history and lore.

Just a thought.

These are both fun ideas! Vigdis' profession (outside of adventuring) is as a woodwright. Vigdis and Dorin could have a relationship that began through business dealings. I like the idea of their first meeting perhaps being that Vigdis was able to repair the wheels of some of the carts from Dorin's traveling group or something like that? Then they maintained the relationship through Dorin's comings and goings?

At this point Vigdis doesn't have the ear of King Bard or anyone in the court, however, if there's an emissary from an Elven Land Vigdis would be eager to see, and especially if it came about that they were a great scholar who might know some forgotten things about Dale's history, that'd be a great motivator for at least meeting.

I like the idea of their first meeting perhaps being that Vigdis was able to repair the wheels of some of the carts from Dorin's traveling group or something like that? Then they maintained the relationship through Dorin's comings and goings?
Oh, I am a big fan of this idea.

At this point Vigdis doesn't have the ear of King Bard or anyone in the court, however, if there's an emissary from an Elven Land Vigdis would be eager to see, and especially if it came about that they were a great scholar who might know some forgotten things about Dale's history, that'd be a great motivator for at least meeting.
This works for me, I like this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back