• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - OOC (Ended)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Now the families have gotten a lot bigger...time for another round of character relationships *woot woot*

Foxy Foxy How's about them Romano boys, eh?

They probably aren't going to get along with the lieutenant, for obvious legal reasons. Honestly seeing how laid-back Lloyd is might annoy Jon a bit if he's keeping track of the mobster's activities? (Just because Jon is a high-strung workaholic and in a weird way, he wants to see everyone giving 110%...even if they are criminals.) I could also see Monte and Jon pretending to have a civil relationship, which would be a cover up for the enmity between the mob and the cops. Since the public isn't fully aware of the Romanos' criminal ties, most civilians respect the Romanos as a successful political/socialite family, so Jon would have to keep up the pretense of being on good terms with Monte...while also trying to get him and the rest of the Romanos arrested.

I'm not too sure how Violent and Jon would know each other. This might be a relationship that would be built more IC than in backstory. As the Sullivans get more involved with the Romanos' business, these two will probably see more of each other. But also, maybe Violent was taken in to the police once, early in her mob career, for getting into a bar brawl with a Romano underling and beating the shit out of him. That incident is probably filed away under "information relevant to mob relations", which Jon keeps a tight watch over. So maybe he does know Violent, but she might not know him.

These are just general ideas, so please change/add to them as you see fit.

neverbackdown neverbackdown I'm actually not sure how our characters would have a relationship, so do you have any ideas? If not, they could just get to know each other in the rp. It would be strangely coincidental for everyone to know each other very well, anyways. So let me know what you think!

Misty Gray Misty Gray
So, I have less of a coherent relationship idea, and more of a scenario which I can't get out of my head. Okay, so imagine this:

After some of the CPD became friendly with Conor, Jon decides to visit The Emerald. Partially because he wants to see if he can't talk the "nice Irish kid" into leading a wholesome, civilian life, but also because he wants to scope out the premises of an important establishment to the Sullivan gang. So he sits down at the bar (wearing plainclothes) but Conor sees him and is already on edge, either because he recognizes Jon is one of the CPD's lieutenant or can just tell that he's a cop by instinct. So Conor gets closer to the bar, wary that Jon might be trying to start trouble. Jon sees him, tries to be civil, asks if they might have a drink together. And then, just when Conor thinks that the cop is being sincere and isn't trying to mess with him...Jon tries to order a juice.

...and Conor kicked his ass out of his pub and never trusted the man again. (This is also why Jon goes to the Azarola's bar.)

Enzyme Enzyme
Giovanni "Angel" Masciarelli is a caporegime for the Romano family, the very one that Jon is working to take down. Now, how would the lieutenant make the personal acquaintance of this charming gentleman? I have a couple of ideas, but they all involve bars and speakeasys and I kind of what a fresh take on a mob/cop relationship. Do you have any ideas?

One thing to note: if Angel was brought in by the CPD enough times, when he was still a violent youth or even during the prostitution ring scandal, Jon would definitely know of him, and the CPD would keep a close watch on Angel's activities.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
So, I have less of a coherent relationship idea, and more of a scenario which I can't get out of my head. Okay, so imagine this:

After some of the CPD became friendly with Conor, Jon decides to visit The Emerald. Partially because he wants to see if he can't talk the "nice Irish kid" into leading a wholesome, civilian life, but also because he wants to scope out the premises of an important establishment to the Sullivan gang. So he sits down at the bar (wearing plainclothes) but Conor sees him and is already on edge, either because he recognizes Jon is one of the CPD's lieutenant or can just tell that he's a cop by instinct. So Conor gets closer to the bar, wary that Jon might be trying to start trouble. Jon sees him, tries to be civil, asks if they might have a drink together. And then, just when Conor thinks that the cop is being sincere and isn't trying to mess with him...Jon tries to order a juice.

...and Conor kicked his ass out of his pub and never trusted the man again. (This is also why Jon goes to the Azarola's bar.).
Perhaps this can be explored IC. Although, I don't think Conor would throw him out of the pub for ordering a juice... he would find it hilarious and pretend he can't find any juice, though.

Misty Gray Misty Gray bb why do you do this too yourself. So many characters >_<
I'm poor until my next trip in August and life is currently very dull. I have so much time! (I'm ignoring the crappy exams I could be booking and studying for).

Kate was actually initially going to be an NPC, but I decided she needed a backstory too.

Perhaps this can be explored IC. Although, I don't think Conor would throw him out of the pub for ordering a juice... he would find it hilarious and pretend he can't find any juice, though.

I'm poor until my next trip in August and life is currently very dull. I have so much time! (I'm ignoring the crappy exams I could be booking and studying for).

Kate was actually initially going to be an NPC, but I decided she needed a backstory too.
Is she still going to be considered an NPC or??? You could just make an extra tab for NPCs because Ik Martzel and Terese are going to be NPCs

Is she still going to be considered an NPC or??? You could just make an extra tab for NPCs because Ik Martzel and Terese are going to be NPCs
I'm not sure. She won't be main cast, but I probably will play her when needed. In this setting, there'll be plenty of injuries that might otherwise raise suspicions. She'll be there when they need to be treated but don't want to get the attention of the authorities.

Now the families have gotten a lot bigger...time for another round of character relationships *woot woot*

Foxy Foxy How's about them Romano boys, eh?

They probably aren't going to get along with the lieutenant, for obvious legal reasons. Honestly seeing how laid-back Lloyd is might annoy Jon a bit if he's keeping track of the mobster's activities? (Just because Jon is a high-strung workaholic and in a weird way, he wants to see everyone giving 110%...even if they are criminals.) I could also see Monte and Jon pretending to have a civil relationship, which would be a cover up for the enmity between the mob and the cops. Since the public isn't fully aware of the Romanos' criminal ties, most civilians respect the Romanos as a successful political/socialite family, so Jon would have to keep up the pretense of being on good terms with Monte...while also trying to get him and the rest of the Romanos arrested.

I'm not too sure how Violent and Jon would know each other. This might be a relationship that would be built more IC than in backstory. As the Sullivans get more involved with the Romanos' business, these two will probably see more of each other. But also, maybe Violent was taken in to the police once, early in her mob career, for getting into a bar brawl with a Romano underling and beating the shit out of him. That incident is probably filed away under "information relevant to mob relations", which Jon keeps a tight watch over. So maybe he does know Violent, but she might not know him.

These are just general ideas, so please change/add to them as you see fit.

I like the general ideas and probably have some suggestions but I just woke up so my mind isn't quite there xD I'll be busy this morning but I'll try to write some general ideas later today

Enzyme Enzyme
Giovanni "Angel" Masciarelli is a caporegime for the Romano family, the very one that Jon is working to take down. Now, how would the lieutenant make the personal acquaintance of this charming gentleman? I have a couple of ideas, but they all involve bars and speakeasys and I kind of what a fresh take on a mob/cop relationship. Do you have any ideas?

One thing to note: if Angel was brought in by the CPD enough times, when he was still a violent youth or even during the prostitution ring scandal, Jon would definitely know of him, and the CPD would keep a close watch on Angel's activities.

The CPD definitely knows of his name. Angel also knows who Jon is affiliated with. He still, however, happily gives him a soft drink or his non-alcoholic beverage of choice when he approaches the bar. They've made good, subtle conversation before. I think frenemies would be a perfect description of their relationship. Due to Angel's charm and socialbutterfly tendencies, it makes it hard for him to have a disliking for really anyone. He also enjoys a good game of cat and mouse, giving him a liking towards Jon.

Last edited:
Oh man I missed a bunch of stuff huh? :x

Hm, anyone try for the other Romano son yet? If not then I'll get to work and try making one today!

The CPD definitely knows of his name. Angel also knows who Jon is affiliated with. He still, however, happily gives him a soft drink or his non-alcoholic beverage of choice when he approaches the bar. They've made good, subtle conversation before. I think frenemies would be a perfect description of their relationship. Due to Angel's charm and socialbutterfly tendencies, it makes it hard for him to have a disliking for really anyone. He also enjoys a good game of cat and mouse, giving him a liking towards Jon.
If i could interject, I'm planning something in my head between Jon and Maite, and I think Angel knowing who Jon is would kind of mess it up? You don't have to change it I'm just letting you know.

If i could interject, I'm planning something in my head between Jon and Maite, and I think Angel knowing who Jon is would kind of mess it up? You don't have to change it I'm just letting you know.
Alright, i'll leave it at he has suspicions.

I'll maybe write something up for Lloyd when I get home. Should be soon hopefully before too much happens :p

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman I'm working on my introductory post right now. It will get both of our characters involved in the murder case that M. Gray wrote in her post. Are you okay with this?

Let me know if you aren't, and I'll remove the character interaction at the end of my post in case you already had something planned for your character to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back