The New OOC and Hangout

Well, apparently, I had her at a 14-foot wingspan while being 5'9", which really isn't plausible. Thus, her wingspan is now 16.

But I still stand by my Maximum Ride knowledge for my basis in creating a realistic human-avian super!

Sorry for being inactive for 3 days, time is too fast for me ! Life is getting on my way, making it hard for me to work further on my character. Is it possible if my character stay on hold for three, four weeks, when i will be totally free ?

Sorry for being inactive for 3 days, time is too fast for me ! Life is getting on my way, making it hard for me to work further on my character. Is it possible if my character stay on hold for three, four weeks, when i will be totally free ?

So long as you pop into the OOC from time to time, and accept that you might miss this particular episode. Don't worry, we'd still fit you in as soon as you got back.

really sorry for my inactivity (again), midterm week so i really can't afford to do anything rn. If there's a spot for me after this week i would love to jump back in

Jest checking in with an update~

I'm totally still interested in the roleplay, I just need to stop being a dirty procrastinator find time to throw together a CS. I'll try to deadline it for tomorrow night, if I still don't manage I'll come in here with another lousy excuse bad reason, but I will absolutely try!  :smile2: ^^

@Bag o Fruit

It took me waaaaayyy too long to recognize that passage, given that I know you are reading it in AP Litt right now.

Nice reference! I am glad Aaron was able to snap him out of that... 

@Syrenrei Love the latest post. Good character development.

One minor point: Bianca, the latest arrival for the cause arrived via falling from the sky with an impact hard enough to make the car she landed next to jump.

I get that Gen's all 'been there done that got the t shirt' but describing that as casually as 'arrival' seems a bit extreme, even for one as Jaded as she. ;-)

@Gus - I see your point, but I also don't think it's necessarily that far off its mark. If she was amazed, startled, aghast, awed, etc. every time she saw use of a power she'd be a horrible Blue Card member. I imagine that even if the powers aren't being used against her she has seen a lot of powers on a very regular basis. It's not about being jaded so much as normalized against the extraordinary.

I don't know if I can think of an amazing comparison, but I'll use my cosplay. I've made costumes and see a bunch around. I even went to a seminar with my office for something law-related and there just happened to be a small convention next door for geeky stuff I love. At lunch break there was a cosplayer in the bathroom that most of the other lawyers, paralegals, etc. were raising their brows at. What the hell? they were probably thinking. It was a tiny amusing blip on my radar. And when I go to conventions I look at the costumes and I can appreciate them, sure, but I'm not constantly gasping and shocked at each one I see either.

Or perhaps a better example would be a cop that gets shocked at seeing someone being violent or carrying a gun. I'm sure that happens week one or two, but after a few weeks, months, years it takes something really bizarre to elicit any sort of reaction. In the grand scheme of things a "superhero landing" (as Deadpool calls it) probably isn't that weird anymore. If she crushed a kitten on impact Imogen would be pretty outraged, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a kitten character that is evil, but does the best Puss in Boots eyes stare.

Imogen might forgive it then. But she'd be pretty aghast at an explosive terrorist kitten. That would definitely be new.

Kick me harder, Captain~!

:/

Basically the bakery has partially transmogrified into a bakery with coffee bar attached. Perhaps the Brahn's have a Kuerig or something that people can 'brew their own'. Regardless, Jessica is selling Sam on the sublime joys of chocolate (the poor deprived child) while also offering to finance her baked goods hankering. It's a beautiful thing. Also Jessica is still waiting on her goddamn bread rolls. Jordan is awaiting Mary's money and there are assorted others in the background lurking and/or buying baked goods.

Captain Hesperus

29 minutes ago, welian said:

Kick me harder, Captain~!

This just took on a whole new meaning:

9af71b9c0749cab6d06e80138d3f1a0a.jpg

Hey nerds! Wanna help me with a project? I've set up a survey to see how frequently most of us are able to post. This helps me decide how long episodes should be, and the best way to organize users for maximum efficiency, aka, not leaving people hanging for a month or two (I love you, Hesp and Leo).

https://goo.gl/forms/F1PZ7VtlsDm153eb2

Go ahead and choose your username from the drop-down menu, and then select up to two options for how frequently you like to post in Aegis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back