• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The never ending search! Always open to new partners!

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic
I miss not having to select a prefix so that I could be open to anything. -EXCEPT MODERN. FRELL THAT-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am That Guy Over There, first known to RPN 1.0 (or was it 2.0? All I remember as a landmark is that wonderful toy they called the mood button.) as Tenshi Hinara. I really like this site, and Role Play has long served as my entertainment, art, and teacher when regular life ran dry in twelve year old eyes. In short - "RPN 5.0! FRICK YEAH!"

Ahem... Anyways, now that my search thread that ran for... I dunno, a year? Is gone, and I don't really want to find it even if it still exists, I figured it's time for a new one. So, it's time for the thing you would think I would be used to by now: a whole lot of typing almost nobody is going to see.

I'm a male high school student in America that knows a bit of German and Japanese (mostly just pleasantries for Japanese, sad as it is). I don't discuss politics directly, since it has a tendency to turn nasty, and same goes with real life religion.

A little bit of a warning for you: while I can accept a modern setting, as open-minded as I will be with you, I will never do a realistic role play. Unless I can learn Japanese and other languages along the way. Then sign me up. Specifically for Japanese. I would like to be able to turn off subtitles on my anime sometime without listening to dubs that just don't work out well.

Anyways, other things about me:

-I'm autistic. Even with as much understanding of personalities as I have, people still don't click with me all the time. Sometimes my portrayal of a character will be incorrect, and I'll either ad lib reasons for them acting that way or edit the post. Please, do point out any portrayals that bug you.

-I now have a few college level classes, and they will at some points take time away from my role play schedule. Same goes with family life.

-I simultaneously have humans as my most hated and most loved things. Because why not?

-I like seeing things tie together from the furthest lengths. Every word in a post I make is likely an allusion as to what I plan for the future, especially if it's a role play following a plot I made.

-I don't believe in a golden hero. I do believe, unless the GM is a real jerk, plot armor is always beatable with logic. Don't even try that with me unless you want to get schooled in the ways of logic/psychology or you want to lose a role play partner.

-Overall, since I can just put up with it and role play with you, half of this is plain bull crap.

-I like playing females, and almost always do. I dunno why. Just do. It might have something to do with games teaching me from early on that all the best item skins go to the female avatars...

-I am plot master. I have plots. I give plots. Just ask, you'll know who your man is for hookin' up some things.

Note: If you want to do romance, I will only do lesbian relationships for main characters. I have many reasons, and I don't really care to explain. A little bit of a warning for you: while I can accept a modern setting, as open-minded as I will be with you, I will never do a realistic role play. If you're alright with those two things, lets move on.
-I have this sort of tradition, reinforced by base nature, that makes me put your enjoyment before mine. Expect a lot of "what do you want to do"s and "if that's what you want, lets try this"s. Also, if you don't come to me wanting to do a plot in particular, yours or mine, I'll try to decide on an interesting plot that suits your tastes based on random questions.
-I don't often push myself for post lengths unless my hype is really severe, and I don't expect anything more than that from you. I'll even accept one liners, at appropriate times. I do expect a level of detail and neatness though, if not just because of OCD.
-I'm extremely flexible, until someone starts being a jerk. Then I'm out, normally for good.
-This is labeled under fantasy, but I do almost any genre.
-More goes here later as I think of and remember things.

Remember: by no means are these the only plots I can or have come up with. They're just the ones that aren't too intricately wrapped up in inside jokes and other role plays. Also, if you see a plot here that catches your interest, but isn't exactly to your taste, speak up. I know the art of modification well.

-But the Earth Refused to Die: A post-apocalyptic Earth, 5 days after the mana rampage. Our characters woke up to the biggest, cruelest joke in their lives: the gods decided they should live, while most others should die or be changed from pain. The mana rampage, caused due to the unused mana of the Earth accumulating, have brought about many insane changes. First off, every survivor has a god as a sponsor(obviously, this is why you're still alive)! Second off, reality has become pretty much an MMO(now I'm questioning my sanity?)! Third! Items have randomly become enchanted! Some give you special skills impossible to learn like magic, and some may even grant you Unique skills! There are other things, like traps that insta-kill you, but let's not worry about those! Oh yeah, and I forgot, there are Skills! Doing something repetitively will get you a related skill, and that skill will represent your mastery and double your ability in that thing! Skills go from I-L (Roman numerals), or novice to god! There is a downside, and it's that you can only have two skills active at a time per level. (Unique skills don't count towards this limit, but your body can only hold one Unique skill. Anything more is beyond even gods.)

There's a bunch more to explain, but the rest can be done on the go. Overall, it's kinda sandboxy, and will take a lot of time to build upon itself. Basically, it's a role play that gives us time to develop characters and world over billions of posts, and let's us feel the characters, every loss, every victory, every hope, and every despair if we do it well.

-Dreams of Reality: A new development in the virtual reality industry, the 'DreamChip' allows gamers to game as they sleep without suffering sleep loss. At the start there are three games: Olias(a mecha/other advanced tech war game), Illiad(A modern fantasy where 'irregulars' gain certain powers tied to objects, like dice or cards), and Vache(a classic fantasy game with a few twists.). The story revolves around the players of the games, how the chips slowly affect their users, and how in-game troubles start to spread to real life. It's originally meant to take place in 2126, when humans have almost fully abandoned war, wireless electricity is a thing, electricity is made clean by fusion, and the continents (excluding Asia) became countries - basically, North American Coalition, EU, etc. Of course, some of that might not last long...

-Anything Fantasy Isekai, I've thought of it. And am likely glad to share.

If you read all that and think a normally chill guy with too many ideas is the partner for you, PM me or reply below. Preferably PM, though.

Last edited:
Hello :D  

I'm curious if you require romance? Just because I lean more towards platonic relationships. 

Hope to hear from you!

Hello :D  

I'm curious if you require romance? Just because I lean more towards platonic relationships. 

Hope to hear from you!

I do not, however I have a kind of thing that I forgot to put back in there that if there is romance involving main character(s) I control, it will always be lesbian as I have some psychological scarring.

I do not, however I have a kind of thing that I forgot to put back in there that if there is romance involving main character(s) I control, it will always be lesbian as I have some psychological scarring.

Alright, well I normally play female regardless. ^^

You up for a dark, high, medieval fantasy?

I'm craving a Queen x Anything pairing right now, so maybe you have somethin' to fit that? 

Definitely. Queen your character or mine? It actually will affect what I select. Also, just how dark are we talking? Code Geass (or, a better known but less adequate example that still gets the point across: Game of Thrones) level?

Definitely. Queen your character or mine? It actually will affect what I select. Also, just how dark are we talking? Code Geass (or, a better known but less adequate example that still gets the point across: Game of Thrones) level?

Ah, I would like to play a queen. You're welcome to do so as well depending on the plot we decide on. And dark, I mean The Witcher dark. Not that Game of Thrones shit. (I've seen bits and pieces.)

Ah, I would like to play a queen. You're welcome to do so as well depending on the plot we decide on. And dark, I mean The Witcher dark. Not that Game of Thrones shit. (I've seen bits and pieces.)

I'm not really familiar with the Witcher books, but I'm pretty sure I get what you mean. People are going die and pay, but it's going to be realistic.

I think we should move this somewhere else. Does thread or PM better suit you?

I'm not really familiar with the Witcher books, but I'm pretty sure I get what you mean. People are going die and pay, but it's going to be realistic.

I think we should move this somewhere else. Does thread or PM better suit you?

PM (or discord if you would like) for OOC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back