• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Here we go again~

Nogoodname

Did nothing wrong
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey hey~ Good to meet ya! You can call me Elise, or just Nogood if you'd like. I'm a pretty casual writer, mostly in RP and TTRPG spaces. I've been doing roleplay for several years now and consider myself to be a decent writer. I used to hang out on here back in college until the workload killed off my will to write. Currently trying to get back into RP now that I have a stable job and a lot more free time, so here we are! I'm looking for a couple of RP partners to see if we can kick something off, but first here's a little bit of info about me so you know what you're getting into:

• My pronouns are she/her and I typically stick to fem/nonbinary characters for my main character (NPCs and side characters on the other hand can be anything). When it comes to relationships and romance, I have a slight preference towards fxf, though I'm ultimately fine with whatever character you come up with, as long as I don't have to play a male we're all good.
  • I'm LGBT+ friendly and you'd better be too!
  • I'm 25 and would like my partner to be of a similar age, at least be 18+ please and thank you.
  • I don't really do a lot of fandom stuff, I prefer to come up with original characters and settings. I do sometimes enjoy playing as original characters in established settings though, so depending on the setting I'd be willing to make that work.
  • When it comes to plot, I'm kind of looking for a grand adventure. While I do enjoy slice of life and romance scenes, when that's all that's on offer I tend to get kinda bored. That doesn't means every plot has to be some larger than life epic to save the world. I just want our story to go somewhere. As long as we have an end goal in mind with twists and turns and obstacles to overcome then I'll be happy.
  • Post length isn't really something I care about that much, I tend to just write as much as I have to say without leaning too hard on the fluff (But obviously I like to be descriptive and flowery when it fits with the scene). Lazy lit is probably the best descriptor for me. Expect semi-para to 3+ paragraph responses depending on context and I don't expect you to match.
  • Romance is cool and fun but not required, if we do it then I prefer slow burn romance and a bit of will they/won't they before our characters actually get together.
  • I have ADHD and because of that I tend to fluctuate between hyperfixation and total burnout, you might get a week where I'm responding every 5 minutes and then you'll get anothere week where I only put out one response. That's not on you, my brain just doesn't work right. I'll try to at least get a response out every couple of days to a week and keep you updated when I start to run out of steam.
  • Typically switching things up tends to revitalize my ability to write, so a partner who's willing to put the current RP on hold and start something new when things are getting stale is preferred.

So there ya have it! If you've read all that and think you'd be interested in writing with me feel free to hit me with a DM and we can talk specifics. I might add some scene ideas and such later but right now I'm just throwing out a general interest check.

Plots:

• Mobile Suit Titanfall-vangelion'd Core!
We're mecha pilots, that's really the long and short of it, maybe we're both bitter rivals fighting for opposing factions, maybe we're squadmates trying to win the war while keeping one another alive, maybe we're mercenaries called in by a megacorp for some shady yet lucrative business. Whatever the setting, we're the heavy hitters called in to use the power of friendship and extreme violence to accomplish some sort of goal for the powers that be.

The touchstones for this would be media like Gundam, Lancer, Battletech, Titanfall and Armored Core. Heavy themes of warfare's effect on humanity and becoming an idealized version of yourself with the power and agency you've always hoped for while being utterly dependant on a corrupt system that hates you and will do anything in its power to control you.

• Hyper-light drifters
Space western shenigans! Due to some technological advancement, space travel suddenly becomes extremely cheap and easy to do. Humanity's in the golden age of exploration! And yet, with all it's wonders this new frontier also comes with a lot of new problems. This new space age is more like the second gold rush, with megacorperations and world governments tearing themselves apart to claim the riches of the Sol system while everyone else argues over the scraps. We play as a couple of drifters (or a crew I'm open to writing secondary characters-) with a cheap, busted up spaceship and a ton of emotional baggage, just trying to make a living in the vast, uncaring void of space in the only way we know how, bounty hunting, smuggling and the occasional heist.

The touchstone here is Cowboy Bebop, yeah just bebop I'm sorry I love it so fucking much I'll watch firefly and the expanse at some point I promise- Either way the ideal themes are that of wanderlust, the freedom to go anywhere and do anything but never feel like you belong, and the found family that you make for yourself along the way, even if you all kind of hate each other.

• The call to adventure!
We're called many names, grave robbers, rat catchers, meddlers, and troublemakers, but we prefer the term Adventurer! We specialize in doing things normal folk can't and going places others dare not to tread. From exploring musty old dungeons to slaying powerful monsters, as long as there's coin to be found and excitement to be had you can bet your last copper piece that Adventurers will be there!

The idea for this RP is more of a standard medieval fantasy with all the trappings you'd expect, elves and dwarves and magic and monsters all crammed together into a mystical world where anything can happen. This is sort of like the above prompt but in a different time period with a bit more of an upbeat focus about a duo (or a small band) of adventurers traveling the world, meeting new and interesting people, and getting into as much trouble as possible.

The obvious touchstone here is D&D which has basically come to control my life ever since I started playing back in like, elementary school. The idea would be for this RP to have more of an upbeat focus involving travel and exploration, thinking creatively in order to survive in hostile enviornments and slay powerful beasts, and then bring the treasure we've gathered back home in order to further our own goals.

Last edited:
I know that this reply is coming really late, but you and I seem to share a lot of literary interests, and I'd love to be able to write with each other. I've been looking for someone to create an original setting with original characters with me, and every idea you put out has piqued my interest. Hope you consider. Thanks.

I know that this reply is coming really late, but you and I seem to share a lot of literary interests, and I'd love to be able to write with each other. I've been looking for someone to create an original setting with original characters with me, and every idea you put out has piqued my interest. Hope you consider. Thanks.
Oh yeah I'm definitely still looking for partners! If you shoot me a DM and we can go over the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back