• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Network- Not another Werewolf Roleplay!

Just Werewolves or All monsters?

• Only Werewolves

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • All monsters

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Werewolves & Vampires Only

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Only Vampires

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItcamefromtheVoid

Meta-Magic Eight Ball
Hello all you fun going people. I've been getting into the spooky season and because I love not only reading and watching horror. I love writing horror. Fear of the unknown has always been something I have loved exploring. Because it's not about what you read it's the nitty gritty inbetweens you didn't read that your mind fills in. So I have thought of something that might be fun. This is meant to be a modern realistic roleplay. Set in modern times with real world physics. That being said folks wanting to play werewolves do not have to have a realistic image of your wolf as long as the image of the character that turns into the wolf is realistic. Additionally all the lore here is my own so if you don't like it I'm sorry?

So I bet you're probably wondering, Why werewolves? Why not all monsters? Well, I've thought about this myself and quite honestly. I feel like Werewolves took a bad turn after that teen lit that shall not be named. But I want to bring something new to it because I love movies like Ginger Snaps, An American Werewolf in Paris, The Wolfman(2010) and more treasures. So I just really wanted to do something inspired by them. But I also wanted to give others a diverse set of options if they considered joining. I also didn't want to make this just werewolves vs werewolf hunters so there will be Lore and Laws between humans and Werewolves. For now I'll just see if this is interesting to people.

The Roleplay will be set in the fictional town of Hasden, Pennsylvania. (Any likeness is purely coincidental)
Located between Erie and Pittsburgh the town has only 12,000 civilians living in Hasden. 16,000 if you include the werewolf population. But most of the people are unaware their neighbors or even their coworkers could be werewolves. The Network works hard to keep it that way in order to keep the peace and not cause mass panic seeing as werewolves aren't real right? The Network is a social communication system between humans and werewolves. Outside the town of Hasden in the greater area of Pennsylvania are more packs two local two that were relocated to pennsylvania and one that seems to be invasive that is not listed on the packs within the treaty. The town has a deep history that is intertwined with the wolf lore of Pennsylvania. As being one of the first werewolf havens in the state after the treaty of 1896

Do I have to join a werewolf pack if I want to be a werewolf?
Truthfully, No you don't have to join any of the listed packs. You can be a lone wolf. You can make your own pack or your can join a listed pack. There is nothing that says you can't do your own thing. While it is encouraged that you interact with other players it is not mandatory in fact in this rp with the set up there might even be prompts that encourage that type of play though most of what will happen here will bring interaction between three or more characters depending on what is happening within a particular scene.

Do I have to join the Network?
Not at all, If you want to be a werewolf but not share the benefits or even want to be part of The Network. Then feel free to make your own story within the world. However there are some things to consider before you make that decision. For example as a werewolf that refuses to join the network you lose the benefit such as living on protected land. Which means hunters are free to hunt your werewolf. That also means you are free to play as you see fit. Though be careful. If a werewolf causes too much trouble it's likely someone will put a contract out in the Network for a hunter.

Do I have to be a human/hunter to join the Network?
1. You do not have to be human to join the Network, and joining The Network is not what one might think. But I'll get to that in the next question for now let's focus on who can join The Network. Which brings me to 2. Hunters make up a small portion of the Network not a large one so no you do not have to be a hunter to join either. The only thing you need to join The Network is to either be recruited by a senior member(Usually how it works) or seek them out and ask to join(much harder to do.) Just remember joining The Network means that you have to respect the Pack Treaty(More on that later.) This just means if you are a hunter you are to hunt only from the contracts on the job board or jobs that have been discussed by the council.

What are the Pack Treaty?
The pack treaty are written rules between the packs and the humans. Because to the rest of the world Werewolves do not exist, it is important that there be a set of rules that keeps people from going into mass panic which will also make things easier for the werewolves. These rules ensure that the Network can successfully integrate werewolves in with the rest of society as they slowly work towards their goals. The Packs that have signed the treaty are not all in agreement with finding a cure to their ailment but they still think it is important to find a way to coexist rather than to be constantly fighting with the ever growing human society. It is through the pack treaty that humans and werewolves have come so far since the years of fear driven persecution.

757-7572138_fantasy-compass-star-transparent-hd-png-download.png

interested! and a note about my vote - I voted all monsters but think it should be limited, so that it's mainly werewolves and other monsters are just on the peripheral of the setting, not major players

interested! and a note about my vote - I voted all monsters but think it should be limited, so that it's mainly werewolves and other monsters are just on the peripheral of the setting, not major players

Thank you for the input. My intentions have switched with the tally of the votes so there will definitely be changes I make to the rp structure. Seeing as there is a high demand to involve all monsters. But definitely I will be bringing an update tomorrow. As the last day of voting.

Interest check
Hello and here we are once again in the recruitment thread. Now that we have reached the last day of voting. With the increase in the want for all monsters to be involved in some way I do have a revamp I worked on today. So this will be the final recruitment message. Recruiting will stay open until we've determined that we have enough players. But on that note, please feel free to share your interest. Next week on the thirty first I will be getting together a discussion and character thread. As we move towards the next full moon I plan to have the Roleplay start by then. I thank everyone for their input. Without further adieu.

The Network
Do you ever wonder why so many legends about monsters and cryptids are spread across the world? Have you ever asked yourself if they could be possibly true? Have you had an encounter with something strange or otherworldly? That's because their real. All the creatures that read from mythology are real. Well... Most of them some have been hunted to extinction through history. But yes they are real, so real in fact first hand accounts are becoming more common as human population grows and we invade more of their Territory. That is where the Network comes in. The Network is a social connection system that monitors these monsters, cryptids, creatures of the night. It all started with Werewolves, in North America. In 1936 The Network was established after witnessing the transformation of man to beast. Werewolves have historically been mysterious. from The Epics of Gilgamesh to the scorned King Lycaon that was cursed to turn into a wolf like creature by Zeus. The truth is much simpler than that. It's known as Lycanthropy. A genetic disease that is currently incurable. Lycanthropy affects roughly 15% of the world's population, which is supported by the shapeshifting lore in many cultures. Between 1936 and 1970 werewolves were hunted to near eradication until the first treaties were made. These helped the study of lycanthropy develop. As more research was done it became understood that lycanthropy was uncontrollable and while it is still a mystery as why the transformation is forced on a full moon the Network has groups of scientists looking into the study while others search for a cure.

In 1970 the first Pack Treaties were made. This was covered by the wildlife conservation act. Allowing Werewolf packs to stake claim on territory within protected lands where they could live freely near society and integrate with human society to create a coexistence. To this day there is still resistance and rogue packs are menacing with werewolf attacks on innocent people. Those are jobs for the Network Hunters. They are in charge of dealing with the problematic ones who believe there will never be coexistence or perhaps do not see a need for a cure to be developed and they try to hinder the research of the Network. At the same time other monsters were being reported as well Which lead to the Network expanding their interests from only werewolves into other monsters as well.

By the 1980's there were many packs integrated with in small human communities which helped convince other packs on the fence to believe there was a possibility of coexistence. But like anything one bad night a werewolf defended herself from a human attacker. Just like there are packs who disagree with what the Network tries to accomplish. Humans do not believe werewolves will ever live peacefully with humans and the only cure is a draconian one. The Network refers to these people as Poachers. They are not permitted to hunt and a chance encounter lead them to hunting werewolves or other things. The Network has diverted some of their hunters in bringing these poachers to justice.

By the 1990's The Network had grown along with it's sight. as the humans continued to turn more land into buildings and homes for the growing population more cryptids were being discovered. To keep society from going into mass panic knowing they might live next to a vampire or werewolf the Network ensures these civilians are placed in communities of their kind and watched to make sure they are adjusting to life among humans well.

In this day and age the human civilization is finding themselves disturbing the homes of these cryptids and these cryptids are having to find new ways of living amongst humans. The Network is dedicated to keeping the peace. Even if that means the extermination of certain creatures who are too dangerous for integration or relocation.

Welcome aboard.

November 5th, 2022 update!
Here is a bump with an update.

The Network is a roleplay that is bringing an original concept to monsters and those that hunt them. Rather than simply following suit and making these creatures unnatural. I intend to bring a more scientific approach to their existence. Which would make this a sci-fi rp but it's still up in the air. So with a close vote between all monsters and only werewolves. This is what I came up with. While Werewolves will be playing a very large role within the rp. These other playable creatures in the world: Vampires, Skinwalkers(Shapeshifters). Lizard People and Beast people might be a possibility Though this could also be attributed to a form of lycanthropy called zoanthropy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back