• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
Originmaw had her eyes glued on Glacier, having her heart race at the possibility of the town she knew and loved being under attack. She had felt in danger before several times, and had risked her life a few of those moments, but an attack? She felt herself clinging to the door jamb without even being in the know of it, and her pulse throb in her neck. She felt fear.

Even through all of this, she felt worry for others, of her clients and the children and, most recently, Glacier who was going to face this clear and present danger.

"Be careful; be safe," she whispered, unable to keep herself from being shaken by all of this, "and remember the amulet. I will stay here, and if anyone attacking gets in I will take care of them, one way or another. These roots are not just for plant care."
Glacier nodded, gripping onto the amulet. Before placing it around her neck.
Her wings were spread taking a running start before flying.

The town was in shambles, no dragon was out in the streets. Instead bodies and debris crowded the once bustling streets. Glacier landed taking in the sights and coughed, the smoke was a lot for her.
Sounds of pain emitted from further up the road. Once she got closer she saw a guard. Being beaten to death by two dragons…

((Out of curiosity, would you like me to take control of the two dragons to keep things interesting for you, or would you rather keep control over the NPCs? I am good with either.))

((Out of curiosity, would you like me to take control of the two dragons to keep things interesting for you, or would you rather keep control over the NPCs? I am good with either.))
If you want to you can control the two dragons. Only if you want to. I didn’t know if it‘d be weird to just throw you control of another character other than your own.))

((I would happily do so! =) I think it would be a nice thing to roleplay out, and I am used to creating worlds so it really is no bother. Hopefully I don't botch it up in your eyes, and if you have a number of ideas you would like set in stone we can put it in a private message or here, whichever you prefer.))

One of the dragons before Glacier sneered beneath a helm of tanned leather, a toothy grin that trailed down his face, only made worse from a torn lip long since scarred. This guard did not have much fighting spirit anymore, but it was fun to make him a punching bag and watching him rattle within the silver-coated steel cage that was his armour. The other one was behind the unfortunate guard and wrapped his talons tightly around arms and chest, keeping the guard restrained and defenseless. He seemed less like he was enjoying things and more regretful that he was not the one doing the clubbing.

"This one is a few scales away from death, Merrimac. How about you let me have a go?" voiced the one behind the person turned into a punching bag.

"And let you notch another kill, Sanctus? Not a chance. I need to catch up," retorted the other, smile turning uglier. He turned to see Glacier nearby, his eyes lighting up. "Well, this is a fresh face! A comely one too. Here to entertain my comrade and me?"

"Glacier," coughed the guard, opening up one battered eye focused in her direction. "Run."

The guard collapsed, half thrown and half allowed to fall to the ground. The one with the fell grin known as Merrimac stood tall and towering over Glacier as he walked over with his comrade in the wing. An eyebrow raised and face uplifted, he sized up the newer addition to the "party."

"Glacier, Glacier," he said, tongue rolling over each syllable as if to slowly taste them. "Such pretty scales. Are you this one's mate?"

One of the dragons before Glacier sneered beneath a helm of tanned leather, a toothy grin that trailed down his face, only made worse from a torn lip long since scarred. This guard did not have much fighting spirit anymore, but it was fun to make him a punching bag and watching him rattle within the silver-coated steel cage that was his armour. The other one was behind the unfortunate guard and wrapped his talons tightly around arms and chest, keeping the guard restrained and defenseless. He seemed less like he was enjoying things and more regretful that he was not the one doing the clubbing.

"This one is a few scales away from death, Merrimac. How about you let me have a go?" voiced the one behind the person turned into a punching bag.

"And let you notch another kill, Sanctus? Not a chance. I need to catch up," retorted the other, smile turning uglier. He turned to see Glacier nearby, his eyes lighting up. "Well, this is a fresh face! A comely one too. Here to entertain my comrade and me?"

"Glacier," coughed the guard, opening up one battered eye focused in her direction. "Run."

The guard collapsed, half thrown and half allowed to fall to the ground. The one with the fell grin known as Merrimac stood tall and towering over Glacier as he walked over with his comrade in the wing. An eyebrow raised and face uplifted, he sized up the newer addition to the "party."

"Glacier, Glacier," he said, tongue rolling over each syllable as if to slowly taste them. "Such pretty scales. Are you this one's mate?"
Glacier bunched her claws the nails grinding against the cobblestone.
Her eyes fell upon the fallen guard her kind wanted her to run, to hide, so she didn’t have to die. Her body stood like a fortress against the two attackers staying like stone.
“I have no mate.”
she stated coldly.

”Now I want both you and your friend out of this town! Your petty resistance will not last much longer once reinforcements hear about your attack here..”
she warned,the whites of her teeth shone through her lips nearly blowing out smoke from how angry she was getting.
”Give yourselves up, peacefully. Theres no way youre winning..”

Last edited:
"Oho! We have ourselves a feisty one, Sanctus!" cackled Merrimac, his voice low and his eyes never leaving Glacier. "My dear, I don't give a rat's behind about the resistance. We joined the resistance fighters because they are hurting for help, and we want sport and gold. If life stays like this, raiding and destroying, that's fine with me and me comrade there."

Even though he said that, Sanctus behind him seemed fazed by Glacier's stance and scales.

"Boss, I think she's of a different cut. Look at how she stands," he warned. "We should probably get out of--"

"We aren't gonna get moved by a female, regardless of her pretty face!" barked Merrimac, tossing a scowl that made the other slink back. His eyes returned to Glacier. "I suggest you run instead like your lily-livered guard friend recommends. I can give a headstart before I give chase, or . . . surrender and become my girl before I sell you to the highest bidder."

The bandit grinned felly and brought a scaly hand to his face, admiring Glacier with an appraising eye. His foot placement was all wrong, though, and his weapons sheathed or lying by his side. Sanctus behind him was hesitant. If Glacier wanted a good opening, this was it.

She didn’t budge. They were a part of the resistance, but for a different reason. She never thought the resistance would be this desprite to hire bandits.
Glacier lowered her stance swishing her tail.
”Your loss on not wanting to back down.”

She said, as a red flag, before she launched herself at the bandit. Biting down onto his neck. Bringing him to the ground. Her other claw tried reaching for Merrimac’s weapon.

"What's th--"

Merrimac could hardly react in time before being laid flat on his back with Glacier on top of him, his throat seized by her tightening teeth. Letting loose a howl of rage and pain, he tried to pull Glacier's maw open with his strong arms, but getting the leverage to do so was not in his favour. He did not think about his weapon, only thinking in the immediate of getting the strong woman off of his thick neck.

Sanctus backed away in surprise before drawing his weapon, feeling that he might need it against such a fierce foe. A knife drawn that with its serrated edge could bite even into dragon flesh, he tried to quickly get behind Glacier so that with one swift move he could rake the blade across the assumed feral dragon's neck, using a similar tactic to what she employed with Merrimac.

Glacier chomping down on the bandits neck started to draw a small stream of blood. She was too distracted to see the other dragon until last second.
thinking he wasn’t gonna attack. She used her tail to wrap it around the other attackers arm.

With both dragons mostly subdued she used her claws to scratch at Merrimac. Aiming for the face region.

Sanctus was unsure of what to do now that a thick coil of tail was wrapped around his only good arm. Besides dropping his weapon into his other unpractised hand he could only think to fight the tail or . . . no, that would not be good. Glacier had bitten down on his comrade's throat. It would probably tear his throat out if he tried to wrestle her away by pulling at her tail. If he could just keep her steady and extended, he could probably take a stab at her tail from behind. He employed this thought into action, keeping his arm tensed and trying to keep her outstretched so that movement was limited.

Merrimac furiously bucked as he felt her teeth clamping down harder, his arm retreating from grabbing onto her muzzle and, winding up, attempted repeated punches to her face in order to get her off of his throat. This was an act of desperation. If she could continue biting down a little bit longer, he would no longer be able to fight. This did pose a threat to her tail, though.

Glacier's ally, the guard, had managed to grab hold of his sword and coiled up in an effort of raising his weapon to attack. With Glacier keeping the two resistance fighters at bay, he could probably land a hit on one of them while they were distracted.

Sanctus was unsure of what to do now that a thick coil of tail was wrapped around his only good arm. Besides dropping his weapon into his other unpractised hand he could only think to fight the tail or . . . no, that would not be good. Glacier had bitten down on his comrade's throat. It would probably tear his throat out if he tried to wrestle her away by pulling at her tail. If he could just keep her steady and extended, he could probably take a stab at her tail from behind. He employed this thought into action, keeping his arm tensed and trying to keep her outstretched so that movement was limited.

Merrimac furiously bucked as he felt her teeth clamping down harder, his arm retreating from grabbing onto her muzzle and, winding up, attempted repeated punches to her face in order to get her off of his throat. This was an act of desperation. If she could continue biting down a little bit longer, he would no longer be able to fight. This did pose a threat to her tail, though.

Glacier's ally, the guard, had managed to grab hold of his sword and coiled up in an effort of raising his weapon to attack. With Glacier keeping the two resistance fighters at bay, he could probably land a hit on one of them while they were distracted.
Glacier’s jaw finally released Merrimac. Her back legs kicked Sanctus. Taking the chance to take Merrimac’s sword holding it with one claw. She’s read how to sword fight, heck she even practiced. But the sweat dripped from her forehead in anxiousness.
‘Don’t show weakness…’

She twirled the sword on her claw getting a feel for the weapon. To keep the bandits at bay she swung wildly. Thrusting the blade forward at the bandit boss!

Merrimac gasped and gulped fresh air beneath Glacier, his throat no longer seized. Darn it, where was that blasted Sanctus when you needed him? His eyes still open but glazed, he quickly found that his situation was going to be worse . . . much worse. Even still, when he tried rolling in the direction of the main hand, he ran into Glacier's back leg and remained in place for the most part. The blade, if plunged into him, would strike true, and he stiffened for the impact with dread of what was to come.

Sanctus felt a lesser impact from how extended he was from Glacier's position and from his padded armour, but the impact still blew him backwards a step or two before Glacier's tail helped him remain in place. Crying out angrily, he decided to put the plan into action right then and there. He dropped the dagger and caught it in his off-hand before trying to slice at Glacier's tail. It would not cut anything off, but it certainly may cut, its saw-toothed edge the perfect spacing to cut through dragon scales and flesh beyond.

Sanctus' goal was to make the tail retreat so that he can come in close to make the kill. Glacier's sword was nothing to him now, being too far away from even the tip of the blade, and if he could close the gap the smaller weapon had the advantage due to speed.

((In short, Merrimac is at Glacier's mercy, but Sanctus is trying to slice open her tail, taking advantage of the situation to come close. Merrimac's spirit is broken. His weapon is gone and he knows that he will be defeated now that having a weapon and being physically stronger are no longer effective.))

Merrimac gasped and gulped fresh air beneath Glacier, his throat no longer seized. Darn it, where was that blasted Sanctus when you needed him? His eyes still open but glazed, he quickly found that his situation was going to be worse . . . much worse. Even still, when he tried rolling in the direction of the main hand, he ran into Glacier's back leg and remained in place for the most part. The blade, if plunged into him, would strike true, and he stiffened for the impact with dread of what was to come.

Sanctus felt a lesser impact from how extended he was from Glacier's position and from his padded armour, but the impact still blew him backwards a step or two before Glacier's tail helped him remain in place. Crying out angrily, he decided to put the plan into action right then and there. He dropped the dagger and caught it in his off-hand before trying to slice at Glacier's tail. It would not cut anything off, but it certainly may cut, its saw-toothed edge the perfect spacing to cut through dragon scales and flesh beyond.

Sanctus' goal was to make the tail retreat so that he can come in close to make the kill. Glacier's sword was nothing to him now, being too far away from even the tip of the blade, and if he could close the gap the smaller weapon had the advantage due to speed.

((In short, Merrimac is at Glacier's mercy, but Sanctus is trying to slice open her tail, taking advantage of the situation to come close. Merrimac's spirit is broken. His weapon is gone and he knows that he will be defeated now that having a weapon and being physically stronger are no longer effective.))
Glacier recoiled her tail. A massive gash was cut into the base of her tail.
She turned her attention to Sanctus swinging the sword in his direction to keep him at bay. Glacier was backing up seeing both of them, but getting close to a wall.
She wiped the sweat away gripping the sword tight. twirled it, then took a stab at the main threat Sanctus.

For her tail it bled profusely. Blood dripping onto the cobblestone. To keep it safe she kept it behind her.

(Can we keep these two alive? I want to see them again when Glacier and possibly Origin go to the labs..)

((Certainly! They can be very fun to reincorporate into the story, as unlikely allies or as enemies.))

Merrimac counted his blessings and, while finding them few, rejoiced at the thought of living without being perforated by repeated stabs. Glacier was off of him, and as a result he got upright with his forearm before him, just in case she tried to slash or stab at him again. His life was waning, however. He could feel the cold air mingling with the warm blood of his punctured windpipe and held a hand to his neck.

Sanctus, on the other hand, rejoiced at the sight of Glacier retreating, and the blood on his knife. Seeing her hurt was a joy to him, and he contemplated following to kill her, parrying the sword at the last second.

"Stop," wheezed Merrimac to his affiliate, hand still clasped around his own throat. "Don't attack. I need to go get patched up, and she is too much for a land folk like you. We will retreat for now."

Sanctus looked baffled.

"Boss, she is right here. We can kill her right here and--"

"Reinforcements are coming, and if I stay here she may do me more damage," countered Merrimac, eyes blinking. He was definitely having breathing troubles. "Run or die, but know I ain't waiting for you."

Merrimac started walking away, and Sanctus flinched and looked at Glacier with enmity and irritation. Having to retreat like this was against his wishes entirely, but the lack of advantage was easily there since Merrimac left. The other guard was there too and upright and approaching, so he backed away, gave a glare to everyone in the area, and started running after his fellow bandit.

"That's deep," commented Glacier's guard ally. He held his side tightly, but looked on with worry for her. "You should go get healed. With them gone the area is clear. Go! I will be right behind you."

He gave a winning smile, but the bloom of blood he was clutching on his torso promised only grave things. Still, he clung to life as best as he was able, and strayed closer to her as a beacon of positivity.

Glacier raised her sword ready to deliver another blow since her first one was countered. Although when about to deliver another attack their battle was short lived. Merrimac suggested retreating, which made the female dragon relieved. Giving a glare back to Sanctus as he left she addressed the wounded guard.

”You did well it’d would've been better if you intervened before those two retreated.“

she stated, a thought popped into her head. Jumping and spreading her wings. “I know someone that could possibly help you soldier. Meet me up on on the hill.”

She gave a powerful flap of her wings taking of back in the direction of Origin’s house.

The guard flinched, his optimism shaken and face falling because, well, she spoke truly. Part of it was from fear for his own young life, and part of it was waiting for a good moment to strike, and when there was a moment it soon passed the recruit.

His eyes lit up, however, at the subject of Glacier's comment that someone could possibly help. Could someone aid him when he felt that he was so far gone? If possible, he would be glad for it, and he followed via flight, trying his best to keep up with Glacier without worsening the pain in his side.

Further in the house on the cliffside, Origin kept watch over the interior of her house. So far nary a soul had come close to her abode since Glacier left, but her ears were charged with the straining task of listening for people approaching. For now she watched and listened and waited, the minutes feeling painfully extended into quarter-hours.

Healing Wounds
There was a knock on Origin’s door. On the other side was Glacier the blood was water falling down the length of her tail. Hopefully she didn’t imm notice it.

”Origin! Its me Glacier. I have a guest with me who needs your help.”

Glacier then pounded on the door.
”Don’t worry she’s home, I told her to hunker down incase a resistance member came knocking.”

she reassured the guard.

Origin flinched at the sound of wingbeats and was about to go further in the house before she recognised the voice.

"Glacier?" she voiced ponderously under her breath. She came back? Perhaps this was to be expected, but she was surprised all the same. She approached the door, hearing what was said on the other side.

"Origin? The name rings a bell," came from the other side, possibly the guest Glacier had mentioned. He sounded familiar too for whatever reason.

Pulling open the door after unlatching it, she gasped at the sight in front of her.

"Good heavens, you are injured!" she spoke in alarm, looking at the guard who still clutched his torso and the blood smeared over his hand and armour. "Glacier, you did the right thing in getting him here. I will get some herbs before patching him up. Help him get his armour off and seat him in a chair, I beg you. I will need him uncovered before I can cleanse and close the wound."

The guard looked confused, then understanding, as he watched Origin slip outside to gather her herbs if she had any more after the storm. He stumbled at the door, leaning on the side before looking into the dim light for a seat. Glacier would need to help him get into it. The guard had lost a lot of blood and with it his strength.

"But what about you?" he asked Glacier once Origin had gone beyond earshot. "You are injured too."

“Here”

Glacier placed her claws on the guards shoulders guiding him into the house
with Origin outside possibly out of earshot Glacier had a curious question.

”You know Origin? Have you two met before?”

She finally shuffled the guard over to the chair sitting him down. She took off his iron helmet then the chest plate, lifting it over the guards head. She laid them to rest next to the guards chair.
”It’s just a scratch. Your injuries are more important to be tended to.
I also wanted to ask; what do you think those bandits were after?”

The guard heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that Glacier had assisted him in removing his armour. He did not realise it, but it certainly relieved a burden that he did not know was there to begin with.

"Thank you . . . this is the opposite of my usual. Helping little old lady lizards cross the street, giving a helping hand -- yep, ol' Shine has a tough time accepting help." He gave Glacier a look of gratefulness, though "ol' " was an overstatement. Shine looked barely the equivalent of seventeen human years. "Origin, yeah . . . that name rings a bell, but I don't know where." Shine sniffed something in the air, a pungent and sweet smell. Plants in the house? That was odd at least for him and yet something clicked. "And now I think I recall. She a florist?

"As for the bandits, I don't know much, I'm afraid. They split off from two others who did not talk much. Some guards like us, Pip and Longtail, took them on, but the other enemies fled somewhere. I didn't see the two guards return, but they were strong. If the foes did not fall, the resistance would be hiding."

Origin stepped through the door, holding a cluster of herbs, and smiling quite quickly went into the kitchen. Water was poured into a pot and the crisp sulfuric smell of fire breath flew out from the other room, and after a minute of audible chopping Originmaw came back out.

"I am boiling a brew for you that should prevent infection. Stings a bit, but it works well and should deaden the pain when applied via poultice," spoke she, smiling wanly. "Until then, we wait and stanch the blood flow. It would be a disservice to not heal you after your sister bought many of my plants, Shine."

Shine laughed before twinging from his wound. "She caught on," he said. "Very nice."

"Not many light dragons in these parts," she said in uplifting tones. "Your scales say enough for that, porcupine."

Shine cracked a big grin. He did indeed look prickly, with spikey scales that shone iridescent when catching even low light.

The guard heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that Glacier had assisted him in removing his armour. He did not realise it, but it certainly relieved a burden that he did not know was there to begin with.

"Thank you . . . this is the opposite of my usual. Helping little old lady lizards cross the street, giving a helping hand -- yep, ol' Shine has a tough time accepting help." He gave Glacier a look of gratefulness, though "ol' " was an overstatement. Shine looked barely the equivalent of seventeen human years. "Origin, yeah . . . that name rings a bell, but I don't know where." Shine sniffed something in the air, a pungent and sweet smell. Plants in the house? That was odd at least for him and yet something clicked. "And now I think I recall. She a florist?

"As for the bandits, I don't know much, I'm afraid. They split off from two others who did not talk much. Some guards like us, Pip and Longtail, took them on, but the other enemies fled somewhere. I didn't see the two guards return, but they were strong. If the foes did not fall, the resistance would be hiding."

Origin stepped through the door, holding a cluster of herbs, and smiling quite quickly went into the kitchen. Water was poured into a pot and the crisp sulfuric smell of fire breath flew out from the other room, and after a minute of audible chopping Originmaw came back out.

"I am boiling a brew for you that should prevent infection. Stings a bit, but it works well and should deaden the pain when applied via poultice," spoke she, smiling wanly. "Until then, we wait and stanch the blood flow. It would be a disservice to not heal you after your sister bought many of my plants, Shine."

Shine laughed before twinging from his wound. "She caught on," he said. "Very nice."

"Not many light dragons in these parts," she said in uplifting tones. "Your scales say enough for that, porcupine."

Shine cracked a big grin. He did indeed look prickly, with spikey scales that shone iridescent when catching even low light.
”I met Origin a day ago after helping with her cart. My whole day was changed when meeting her. When she invited me for dinner…”
she explained, sitting down on the dirt floor. However she spring back up when hearing about the two guards,
”They must still be out there!”
She headed toward the door turning when hearing Origin return from the kitche. The two talk She belived Shine would be alright he’d be back in action soon.

come to think of it Shine was right, Glacier never seen a dragon like Origin.
Another curiousity came to Glacier’s mind. ’Was her entire family plant related dragons?’

As she was thinking this she was staring blankly at the two as they talked between themselves…

Origin talked among the two as the leaves were boiling and melding with the water, her attention split between checking the water, tearing some makeshift bandages, and trying to make Shine comfortable with conversation. Shine looked over to Glacier often, also staring blankly and feeling tipsy, but managing to catch himself before he collapsed. The blood was clotting, but it would take him some time to recuperate from the blood loss.

As she was getting up to check on the boiling water once more, she caught sight of something red and wet and shiny on Glacier's tail. Her eyes went wide as she gasped.

"Glacier, you're wounded too?" queried Originmaw, staring incredulously at the cut.

Origin talked among the two as the leaves were boiling and melding with the water, her attention split between checking the water, tearing some makeshift bandages, and trying to make Shine comfortable with conversation. Shine looked over to Glacier often, also staring blankly and feeling tipsy, but managing to catch himself before he collapsed. The blood was clotting, but it would take him some time to recuperate from the blood loss.

As she was getting up to check on the boiling water once more, she caught sight of something red and wet and shiny on Glacier's tail. Her eyes went wide as she gasped.

"Glacier, you're wounded too?" queried Originmaw, staring incredulously at the cut.
Glacier glanced back at her tail the long cut still oozing red shiny liquid.
”I’m fine Origin really.”
she tried to explain.
”It was from the bandits bosses lackey who did that. It’s nothing serious.” By now even her wound was numb, most of the pain not there anymore.

”But back on the bandits. You wouldn’t think they were after something specific would you? They were not there to pillage just burn everything.
You wouldnt think theirs something out there they’re not seeing right?“
she questioned.
“Now whatever their after I want to see. So it falls under our control..”

"Bandits," Origin repeated spacily, her eyes still focused on Glacier's cut. "That will still need sutures to heal up properly, and a poultice or two so it doesn't scar. I'm going to have to cut up some more cloth, but if you're insistent on only one or neither I won't stop you," she continued, breathing out a puff of air. "I'm going to soak these."

Shine looked between the two as Originmaw retreated into the kitchen, smiling unapologetically.

"Whole day changed after meeting her, eh? Must be something. Anyways, don't worry about Pip and Longtail. They'll be okay, and this is not their first time dealing with the trickiness of the resistance." Perhaps it was naivety talking, but he really did believe in their abilities. "Regarding what the resistance wants"--he shrugs--"beats me. The most I can think of is that this is a seaside town like the name says. If you lay claim to a town like this, you can stage a landing force quickly, but would the resistance try to do that while both sides can fight in the air? It doesn't make sense, unless water dragons or land dragons come into effect in this war."

Origin came back, poultices in hand drenched in what must be the boiling water solution. It was cooler than at the boiling point, probably meaning that she diluted the solution with colder water, but it still made Shine yelp when she took away his hand from his side and placed one of the cloths on his wound.

"Gee, are you trying to kill me? This stings!" he complained through wincing.

"It'll be better in a bit. If you want to live, please bear through this," Origin chided, looking up at Glacier and offering a cloth soaked in herbal water. It smelled foul, but it was medicinal all the same. "I brought another one, just in case you want it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back