• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Mirror of Galora OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sorry for some reason my "watch" on this post was not letting me know of all the responses....

I have posted my character Vael in the character page. They are a Fey Wanderer Archer Ranger who is seeking their Goddess who disappeared when they were young from their village in the Feywild. They have been wandering the Feywild for just over 60 years and now have emerged in the world on the trail of their Lost Goddess.

Given Vael's nature and wandering ways they could have really run into any or all of the characters here but I am open to tie ins and am happy to adjust Vael's backstory accordingly.

I do plan on Multi-classing Vael into War Cleric after 5th level if they find their Goddess by then.

and I just realized that I forgot to post Vael's backstory to the character entry. This has been fixed.

So right off the bat, I'm noticing two pretty good character details that line up with Echo that could make for a good reason to party up/ be traveling together.
I noticed that Vael is also a traveler from the Feywild. Since Echo is a fey that has never been to the feywild, he would be interested in someone that has actually seen his home plane. That, and they are on a rad mission to find god that he would find fascinating. Also, as a side bit, perhaps Echo's village symbol and Aoife's symbol (Tiger Lily?) match because of some long forgotten connection.

Kinda similar thread with Xack. With them both having the far traveler background and being distantly related to the Feywild, if they ran into each other I can see Echo being impressed with his stealth and homemade grease paint. Selfishly, Echo may see Xack as a way to acquire extra funds for his research.
Also, if you need help with World Anvil let me know. The site navigation is a little obtuse but its pretty helpful once you get it down.

Everyone's characters are so dope so far. Can't wait to see the rest ♥️

I definitely think you should talk to the other player and see if they'd be willing to work a backstory with you

I noticed that Vael is also a traveler from the Feywild. Since Echo is a fey that has never been to the feywild, he would be interested in someone that has actually seen his home plane. That, and they are on a rad mission to find god that he would find fascinating. Also, as a side bit, perhaps Echo's village symbol and Aoife's symbol (Tiger Lily?) match because of some long forgotten connection.
This fits well with Vael’s journey. I can see Vael looking to Echo for guidance in the world shortly after leaving the Feywild. Vael would be more comfortable dealing with a fairy than a human upon entering the world. Vael is a charming soul, particularly in their Spring Aspect and with her Otherworldly Glamour ability.

The village symbol connection to Aoife, Vael’s Lost Goddess, I am not so sure about as I (Eonivar) do not have any real idea why Aoife left Vael’s village to begin with, and with that I am not sure as to what clues Vael would find to follow her trail and find her. I am inclined to leave those details to Silverwings Silverwings .

As for the others so far. I could see Vael seeking out Zeryn if they are a known scholar in the region as to find details if Aoife could be found.

I am not sure Xack and Vael would naturally fall in together, unless one caught the other (Vael has a very high perception), or they ended up protecting each other in a scrap. They may meet through Echo or someone else.

No matter what, Vael would be a fantastic guide in the wilderness with their wanderer background ability to keep everyone fed. So if they go out into the wilds Vael would be a good asset to have.

Kinda similar thread with Xack. With them both having the far traveler background and being distantly related to the Feywild, if they ran into each other I can see Echo being impressed with his stealth and homemade grease paint. Selfishly, Echo may see Xack as a way to acquire extra funds for his research.
Also, if you need help with World Anvil let me know. The site navigation is a little obtuse but its pretty helpful once you get it down.
Oh, Funds are totally on Xack's mind. Along with Murder; but there will be more on that later. This is exellent! I noticed we have alot of Fey influence so this totally could be a good way to link everyone?........And yes! The paint is absolutely grease << >> <<

I am not sure Xack and Vael would naturally fall in together, unless one caught the other (Vael has a very high perception), or they ended up protecting each other in a scrap. They may meet through Echo or someone else.
Ohhhhhhh, I can see many introductions, Vale probably catching Xack is a big one, though I feel that would start off their relationship on rocky terms, though later on maybe they protect one another in a potentially fatal confrontation? It'll work out; drama usually helps with these things.

Echo definitely looks to be a solid bridge though, at least or us three?

Question, are all of our characters, minus the rogue, ranged? Is the armorer front line? Do we not have any front line melee?

No matter what, Vael would be a fantastic guide in the wilderness with their wanderer background ability to keep everyone fed. So if they go out into the wilds Vael would be a good asset to have.
This is a great point. It is also a good way to make passive income *Wink wink if the dm allows it.
I like that Echo and Vael would be traveling together. It even lines up that they could have met pretty early in Echo's adventure with Echo Relying on Vael for travel experience and Vael relies on Echo on dealing with the material plane.
We defiantly have some good options for preexisting character dynamics.

I'm also down for the idea of the characters to already have been traveling together (as long as Silver is cool with it) or characters traveling in two separate parties before meeting. I think Silver has has some kind of in medias res for the opening so if that's still the plan this wouldn't interrupt it.
EbonChevalier EbonChevalier I did make an artificer and like all artificers, I was hoping to research the creation of guns. Maybe we can figure out a way for both our characters to be involved in the creation of Buha's weapon. What is he going to use in the meantime?

Eonivar Eonivar uhhh not really. Echo can take hits but his build is better at midrange. We will just have to run in circles around the room as baddies chase us.

I did make an artificer and like all artificers, I was hoping to research the creation of guns. Maybe we can figure out a way for both our characters to be involved in the creation of Buha's weapon. What is he going to use in the meantime?
A longbow like most centaurs

Eonivar Eonivar uhhh not really. Echo can take hits but his build is better at midrange. We will just have to run in circles around the room as baddies chase us.
I guess it matters how much we like the NPC's our dm gives us? If we do, then we try harder to kill the things before the bad thing happens- if not so much, then we take it more strategically. yea, yea yea yeayea

A longbow like most centaurs
Hmmm. Have you considered adding a light crossbow to your arsenal? It might scratch the gunslinging itch until we can get you a hand cannon.

I think we will be fine. I did notice that we don't really have a healer on the team but that's not a huge deal. Besides, If Silver doesn't want a character to die just yet, she can put a stop to it.

Vael has Cure Wounds and Goodberry as two of their ranger spells. We also have a Bard, another Ranger, and I thought there were a couple of healing spells for articifers.

Also my sheet is done mechanics-wise so I'm ready to start linking backstories. My Centuar is from a tribe of semi-nomadic cattle herding centaur's. They live on the plain and frequently trade with Dwarves and Halfing.

So you'll probably be from the south east region of the map, being nomads, there's no one distinct location as the lower rocky plains. There are plenty of grassy hills for your family to wander.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Eonivar Eonivar Gravitational Force Gravitational Force WikkitJikkit WikkitJikkit Kidzait Kidzait Smitty4153 Smitty4153 King King EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1

I'd really like to start with a session 0, get any player preferences and rules out of the way. We can discuss if a rule needs tweaking too. Id like to do this by Wednesday. If your character is not finished by then you will not play immediately. You can join once your character is finished.

Everyone is still welcome to sit in on Session 0. Session 0 is not a character session. Its discussion of expectations. Please let me know your character is finished with a pen so I can keep track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back