• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Toivoajarakkaus

* Toi-Voie-Jar-A-Kker-Ar-Us (They/Them)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

THE MIDPOINT HOTLINE
AUDIO TRANSCRIPT
*Disclaimer: This audio transcript is distributed in it's entirety due to the sensitivity of the information being discussed, the company however does not agree with the individual's thoughts and feelings, nor is legally obligated to answer any of questions regarding the individual. Please while reading, consider that some of the details explained upon may have been dramatized or can be utterly false due to the audio's unprofessional nature.

Person: [Clears their throat.]

Person: Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing, 1, 2, 3.

Person: [Throat is cleared again]

Person: I should have drunk some water before starting this, but if you drag me out of bed at 1 in the morning before my coffee, it certainly isn't going to be professional.

Person: My codename is Mothman

[Mothman]: It's company policy to be issued a codename to be used in place of your name the first few weeks or for the entirety of your registered shift.

[Mothman]: For me, it's more on the fact I despise seeing my dead name plastered on every piece of paper.

[Mothman]; If you are hearing this or most likely reading this, I have been found to be unworthy of my position or am no longer able to continue my assigned duty.

[Mothman]: For the superstitious, you may conclude that I've been in some sort of accident, I'm MIA, or I've died.

[Mothman]; Which, isn't so far fetched. Some guy who recently moved into a property located just a couple miles away between the station and the town tried heading down to the store on one of its freak extreme weather days. Ended up walking right into the river.

[Mothman]: How thick does fog have to be to cover the sound of rushing water?

[Mothman]: [Audio goes silent for a minute]

[Mothman]: I'm getting distracted.

[Mothman]: The purpose of this audio and any more I leave in the station are meant to guide you on your job, including my notes I take while on duty.

[Mothman]: Your job is simple in its description and difficult in its execution.

[Mothman]: You will be stationed outside the town of Midpoint and tasked with the monitoring of a radio system that's connected to a research center located on the other side of the river. Any requested material orders over this radio system must be required quickly and safely through the town as the next nearest one is 70 miles away upriver. The company will pay for any supplies needed by the research center and your station but don't just binge on whatever you want unless you want a very passive-aggressive letter sent to you.

[Mothman]: Problem is, the town is just a hotspot for accidents. The company will write most of these off as Human Error, but honestly? It's a town in the middle of nowhere, with its own weather system, government, and the locals all know each other. And most of the accidents reported are strangers. It's a horror movie just waiting to happen.

[Mothman]: Just be careful, that's all I'm saying.

[Mothman]: Don't walk to town in the fog, avoid the forest, stay off the bridge, but most of all?

[Mothman]: Don't piss off the townsfolk.

[Mothman]: That's all I got right now, but there should be more in the future.

[Mothman]: This is again Mothman, signing off.

*END OF TRANSCRIPT*​
SUMMARY
Despreate for money, desiring an exit, whatever brought you to apply to such a sketchy deal of a job in the first place, is starting to sound like a terrible idea. Like, Cabin in the woods bad. Being stuck in a run-down station for who knows how long with people you don't know in a town know for people, LIKE YOURSELF, dieing all the time. Perhaps you'll found out why. Or maybe you will just die trying to escape. Welcome to the Midpoint to nowhere.​
CAST
THE COMPANY
Puppet masters behind the scenes, mysterious and most definitely capitalistic.

Mothman
Your unwilling guide through this madhouse. Might be dead.

Sal
Guy with a boat. Picks up the supplies for the research center. Himbo.

Jared
The know-it-all on the other side of the river. Sounds punchable.

You
The sorry sucker who got dragged into this mess.​
OOC
This is heavily inspired by The Kirlian Frequency, The Magnus Archives, The Mist (Both Tv show and Movie) and a bunch of other things I can't think of while typing this. I'm just hopping that this intriguing enough to people, I'm open to questions or anything.​

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks really neat! i looove the magnus archives and the kirlian frequency, so this is right up my alley!

This sounds interesting, that horror/mystery audio podcast vibe is exactly what I've been looking for lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back