• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Merge of Realities

(Ok then, initiate the skippage of time)
Time slowly crept by yet no search party ever arrived. Hana sat up, she must've fallen asleep at some point, but she felt ok all things considered. She looked around trying to familiarise herself with her surroundings. It was dark but was gradually getting darker, so it must've been rather early in the morning. She looks at the people who were there with her, her gaze stopping on the girl who'd helped her.
((Hope that's ok for a skip with everyone, if not, just lemme know!))
KAmber KAmber Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

"Hmm..."
"Ship's injured, that's for sure."
"Oh she's awake."
"Boarding parties."
"I already knew they had boarding parties, but not that many to overpower the crew."
"Then the ship..."
"KABOOM!"
"Seems like a reflection of what happened went over the atmosphere."
"In any case, this is bad."

Ginny is sitting near Hana, her head down and her eyes closed. It would seem she fell asleep trying to watch over Hana.

Since her 'landing', Hana hadn't really registered much of what had been going on around her, she had some blurred recollections but nothing concrete. She did, however, know that she'd crashed, she was hurting, quite badly, that the girl who was asleep beside her had pretty much saved her life, and that Wilson and Maxwell had been on the station at the time of the attack. It was hard to decipher the rest. She pressed her wrist with her fingers as if she were pressing some invisible button, but nothing seemed to happen. She struggled to get up to her feet, balancing precariously as if she might topple over any second, the motion was agonizing, but she tried to hide that. A golden dot became visible in the sky, it moved, adjusting position until it was almost directly above them, then started to grow larger and larger. As it neared them it slowed down, before gracefully landing in front of Hana, it was her mecha. Hana gasped as she saw it, the pink paintwork was almost completely covered in soot, and parts of its metal frame had visible damage, hopefully, it was all just superficial. Hana moved to its back, wiping off the soot as she went and opening a small compartment inside which was full of various supplies. She pulled out a blanket and a pillow. She often was sent on missions that could last for weeks so it paid off to always be prepared! She placed the pillow on the floor, a little behind Ginny, gently lowering the sleeping girl so that her head rested on the pillow, then, she took the blanket and placed it over her. Hana then walked back over to her mecha, closing the compartment. Considering the damage that her mech has sustained, she assumed that the explosion she saw in the sky hadn't just been her mind playing tricks on her. She looked up to the sky, had the space station been destroyed? She hoped everyone was ok!

((Sorry, I got a little carried away there!))

"..."
"The tables turned, eh?"
"That was COMPLETELY inappropriate. How the- what the- What is that?"

Hana tore her gaze away from the sky, looking over to Maxwell and Wilson as they spoke. She ignored the comment about tables turning and tried her best to answer the question. "This?" She asked, gesturing the mech. "It's my Mecha... It's like..." She fumbled around for a decent explanation of what it was for people who wouldn't know of the concept, she didn't know where these men came from, so she had no idea of how technologically advanced their culture was. "It's like a combination of a car or ship and a suit of armour..." She explained, hoping that she'd explained it well enough.

Ginny twitches a bit in her sleep, mumbling slurred words in Arabic. She seems to be having a dream of some kind.

The lady of shadows stands not far off, watching the group curiously. It's a rather odd bunch, to be sure. Two adolescent females, and two adult males. Looks like they've had a bit of a rough landing, especially one of the young women.

The lady raises an eyebrow behind her mask as Hana calls her mecha down. Hm. Reminds me of the power suits we use for mining. She thinks to herself. The swarm asks how long she's going to sit there, and she rolls her eyes, walking toward the group. "Well well well, seems I'm not the only one that got a bit lost." She purrs, a smirk in her tone. "Who are you lot, I wonder?"

Hana looked over towards Ginny, she was concerned about her. Despite the fact that she barely knew the girl, she felt a strange sort of bond with her. Then, she did save her life! Unable to understand what she was saying, Hana couldn't gauge whether she was having a good dream or a bad dream. Either way, she was going to keep a close eye on her, just in case. Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice appears, it caught Hana off guard as she was so focused on Ginny's well being. "Dwijibgi jiog!" She exclaimed, jumping due to the woman's sudden appearance. When she'd jumped she'd hurt her wound, but she was trying her best not to let that show. "H-hey..." Hana said, trying to compose herself. "I-I'm D.Va, it's nice to meet you!" She said with a smile, extending her hand to the woman. It was strange, despite the fact that no one would know who she was if she used her real name here, she still liked to introduce herself by her online name to people she didn't quite feel totally uncomfortable around. The feeling of anonymity it gave her was still reassuring in a way.

"Oh, hello! Nice to match! Are you the natives she was talking about?"
Wilson elbowed him.
"Of course not. Who are you?"

The lady chuckles, extending her armored hand to shake Hana's. "D.va, hm? A curious name." She purrs, her voice eerie through her helmet.

She laughs as one of the men asks if she lives here. "Oh, I very highly doubt that. You see, on my planet, I am the sole humanoid resident, and it looks absolutely nothing like this one. And as for who I am… hm, well in my world, they call me the lady of shadows. But I suppose that won't mean anything to you."

Hana shakes the woman's hand. She worried a little when the woman commented on the unusual name that she'd given for herself, but she soon shrugged it off. Worst case scenario, she'd have to give her real name, which wasn't that bad. "Lady of the Shadows?" Hana said, with a glint of curiosity and excitement in her eyes. "That's very mysterious!"

She smirks. "Well I'm glad you like it. I work in a business where a true name can be dangerous, so I use the title people gave me. I rather like it, personally." She looks over at the man who spoke, tilting her head. "I have no idea who Charlie is, I'm sorry."

"Hey, same here!" Hana said, "I also have to hide my true name for safety reasons! Or, at least, I did..." Hana trailed off, using a username and not putting personal details on the internet was slightly different to what the Lady of Shadows was talking about. "Well... kind of, in a different way..." Hana trailed off awkwardly, she'd jumped into that far too quickly, maybe the adrenaline and pain from her 'landing' were getting to her. "Y-you know, just forget I said anything..." She added hastily, not wanting to dig herself any deeper.

She tilts her head. "Hey, I'm not one to pry, though I'll admit I'm curious about what someone your age will have gotten into." She looks down at Ginny, chuckling. "Who's your friend? Odd place to take a nap, out in the open like this."

"It's really not as exciting as it sounds..." Hana said awkwardly, she'd really embarrassed herself this time. Hana turned to look at Ginny. "That's..." Hana paused, she realised that she hadn't actually asked the girl's name, and if she had, it must've been at a point that her mind had decided to not function. "She saved my life..." Hana said, changing her approach. "I think she fell asleep while looking after me."

The lady pauses for a long moment, her expression unreadable through her mask. ". . . Oh dear gods that's adorable." She states, smiling under her mask. "Takes guts to trust a stranger like that."

"hm okay."
Wilson looked back up at the ship.
"we might have to do this all over again."
"what?"
"surviving."
"i hope not."
"me too."
"hm."
Maxwell pulled off his glove and a purple spark popped out of his hands, hitting the campfire conveniently set up a spell of time ago.It ignited the whole thing in typical orange flame.
"are you of shadow? or for shadow?"

She chuckles, as the shadows begin to twist and move around her, and a small tendril moves toward him, seeming curious. "You tell me." She says, grinning behind her mask.

Marcus looked at this "Lady of the Shadows" with a bit of distrust though decided to comment rather on D.va's mech suit. It looked a bit like the mantis cargo lifters but smaller. "Interesting to know some universes are at least advanced enough for decent mechanical body armor."

"don't ask me, he's the ex-nightmare king."
"Don't ask me, he's the scientist."
"I have an idea, although it may hurt."

The lady tilts her head, watching the two men. "An idea about what?" She asks, confused as to what they're talking about.

She blinks, then laughs softly. "Oh, it won't." She says simply, as the shadow separates itself from the larger mass. "See? They're a part of me, I suppose, but relatively autonomous."

"definitely for shadow, then."
"hm okay. want some jerky?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back