• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ♡ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝑪𝑳𝑼𝑩

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
[class=background] position: relative; width: 500px; height: 400px; background-color: #fff; overflow: hidden; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; padding: 0; border: 1px solid #4a7e4b; [/class] [class=picture] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 150px; height: 150px; left: 25px; top: 60px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/92/bb/6592bb0d005420566581f688f042cbe3.gif); background-size: 125%; border: 1px solid #4a7e4b; [/class] [class=smalltext] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 155x; height: 150px; font-size: 9px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 10px; color: #000; padding: 5px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=smalltextcontainer] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 150px; height: 150px; left: 25px; top: 225px; background-color: #fff; border: 1px solid #4a7e4b; [/class] [class=textbox] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 285px; height: 354px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 11px; color: #000; padding: 5px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=textboxcontainer] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 280px; height: 354px; left: 196px; top: 23px; background-color: #fff; border: 1px solid #4a7e4b; [/class] [class=tag] width: auto; padding: 0px 2px 0px 2px; font-size: 10px; display: inline-block; background-color: #4a7e4b; color: white; font-family: Arial; [/class] [class=dialogue] color: #4a7e4b; font-family: Arial; font-weight: 600; display:inline; letter-spacing:0.5px; [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; left: 25px; top: 23px; overflow: visible; width: 151px; height: 29px; text-align: left; font-family: Georgia; font-style: normal; font-size: 22px; color: #060606; [/class] [class=user] font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #000; text-align: center; [/class] [div class=background] [div class=picture] [/div] [div class=smalltextcontainer][div class=smalltext][div class=tag]mood[/div] ;; new year, same ol' me.

[div class=tag]location[/div] ;; cafeteria during lunch time.

[div class=tag]outfit[/div] ;; his school uniform.

[div class=tag]interactions[/div] ;; his aunties, elijah, && ryan.

[div class=tag]tags[/div] ;; TheWaffleLord TheWaffleLord oxytocin oxytocin

[/div][/div] [div class=textboxcontainer][div class=textbox][div class=dialogue]"Are you nervous about your first day back, dear?"[/div]

Nervous was an understatement.

Francis was flitting around his dorm room; somehow, despite waking up before Elijah, he was running late and full of nervous energy as he got ready as fast as possible. He had already showered, and stood half dressed, smoothing out his school uniform trousers with his cellphone held precariously between his shoulder and cheek. On the phone was his aunt Clementine, her voice smooth and steady, always calm. He could imagine the exact face she would be making now. Serious, put together, everything that Francis could only hope to achieve. His auntie Julia was with Clementine, but busy in the kitchen making breakfast.

[div class=dialogue]"Kind of? I mean, I know how it's gonna be already. But everybody's sad about...you know who. And I have no idea how to handle it. I didn't know him, but I was there, which was freaking terrifying. And now, I'm in The Club, capital T, capital C for emphasis, so it's just gonna be an awkward situation."[/div]
Francis gave a little huff as he yanked on his shoes, oxfords shiny from a neat polish the night before.
[div class=dialogue]"I don't wanna pop in all like, 'hey guys, whats up, sorry I witnessed some awful traumatic biz about your friend, but its all cool and thanks for letting me into your cool kids club.' But I'm not sure how else it'll go?"[/div]

His aunt gave a little hum of consideration.

[div class=dialogue]"I don't think it'll go like that, Francis. Everybody processes grief in their own weird ways. You all went through something awful together. Just be understanding, as I'm sure they will be, and they'll appreciate that. I gotta go to work now, 'kay? Text me if anything, kiddo. Love ya."[/div] A bit more distantly, his aunt Julia yelled, [div class=dialogue]"And me too! Call me after class! Love you!"[/div]

Francis smiled as they said their goodbyes. His frazzled nerves were soothed a bit, but the lad still rushed to pack his backpack and throw on the rest of his uniform. In the mirror, he tugged a hand through the fluffy mop of hair atop his head, and headed off to class.

Anxiety sat low in his gut, making its presence be known, as the crowded halls parted for him with ease. His height meant he towered over 80% of the student body, but at least it meant people wouldn't mess with him. Francis kept his fact set in its cool facade, betraying the emotions inside. He already heard the mumbles and whispers around, even in his homeroom class, the entire school in mourning. Jordi was dead. Even in the afterlife, he lingered through the halls of Montgomery in everybody's memories and recollections of time spent with him. And he couldn't blame them; he knew Jordi very briefly. They had chatted maybe two or three times, having the same chemistry class last year, and then hung out a bit at the party. He distinctly remembers a warm hand grasping his shoulder, a shout of congratulations! when the new members of the club were announced and celebrated. Jordi was charming and warm, like a walking sun, with the rest of the world orbiting around him. And now, he was gone. And Francis had no fucking clue how to react.

Morning classes came and went with a sigh and rubbing at his tired eyes behind his glasses. Sitting with Elijah at lunch without a second thought, Francis tucked into his food. Despite the feeling of unease, his appetite was unparalleled, and he had quite the weakness for creamy mushroom pastas and honey turmeric lemonade. However, Francis paused and looked up at Elijah, eyebrows furrowed. His friend's concern was genuine, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of empathy and guilt in his chest.

[div class=dialogue]"I'm gonna be honest, man. The police are figuring it out right now, but you and I both know really well that this school is a big ol' boiling pot of drama. I really doubt that is actually the case."[/div] He told Elijah sympathetically, [div class=dialogue]"I know that's not the best reassurance, but like, we gotta remember the good memories of him, and honor those, y'know?"[/div]

At the sight of Ryan, he almost let out a deep sigh of relief. God, Francis really had no clue how to handle everything happening at the moment. He just wanted to be a good friend, but felt like his advice was probably a bit shit sometimes. Especially in situations like these.

[div class=dialogue]"Of course, of course,"[/div] Francis smiled gently and gestured for her to sit, [div class=dialogue]"You know you don't gotta ask. Hey, want some orange slices?"[/div]

[/div][/div] [div class=title]
FRANCIS.
[/div] [/div] [div class=user]coded by low fidelity low fidelity [/div]

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/e04f65a4c40c0022306a220140cbf279/e92959565708c0d0-10/s540x810/9815391dff49f0a1080a804176192a5c9a823c0a.gifv')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/c397b08764ad44373e1e14b152a660bb/e92959565708c0d0-98/s540x810/f24b329accdafcebbd7328738f6d0a8a53abcb52.gifv')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]OREY.[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] montgomery academy courtyard.
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] cecilia montgomery, hyacinth abdella, & angel jimenez-sorenson.
[div class=tag]tags[/div] low fidelity low fidelity , @Rayvian & oxytocin oxytocin
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] school uniform. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Orey held his expression steady, revealing nothing, when he saw the all-too-familiar visage of Angel approach their table. Although he liked the other young man and they could often be found spending time together with the rest of the boys on the weekends, he still didn’t quite consider him his ideal type of friend. Angel was everything he wasn’t: loud, boisterous, troublesome. And that could definitely be fun, but perhaps this was the wrong time.

He managed a small, tight smile when he made his introductions, which soon faded when he emptied his backpack for the three of them. If only he’d known what they had just been talking about, and what elephant lurked in the space they shared at this table—it was still just a little too far out of reach to verbally confront just yet. But even with the deep throb in his chest, Orey knew he would have a hard time staying no to high-end liquor and cigarettes.

Damn you. The young man’s expression remained neutral, unyielding. Guess we’re gonna have to hang out later. He could already tell from the way he carried himself that Angel wasn’t as affected by this as the rest of them were, which made sense, considering he hadn’t been close to Jordi, but he still wanted his own private time to brood this evening.

Hyacinth’s response to all of this was a little too saccharine for his tastes; he’d come to understand her flintiness and demeanor change around men over the years they had known each other, but her sudden pivot from subtly melancholy to whatever this was offended him slightly. Cecilia’s snappish comeback in Spanish—he was just starting to grasp the language from all of his time with her—reassured him. The one thing he could consistently expect from her was that she could always speak his mind in the words he so badly wanted to say. He smirked just a bit, still trying to hold it back somewhat.

He met her disgruntled gaze only briefly, knowing in that moment what she was communicating to him perfectly. Orey grinned back at her before reaching across the table to grab a chocolate out of the ornate box, shrugging in her direction as if to say, ‘Might as well.’ What else were these chocolates going to do if they didn’t eat them? Melt in the sun, probably, and that would just be a waste of fine goods. He couldn’t allow it.

“Oh, wow,” he remarked as he chewed, enjoying the tart dark chocolate and—was that orange peel? Citrus and chocolate were always a divine combination, one of his personal favorites. “Thanks, Angel. These are quite nice, and—“ he peered at the rest of the more hidden treasures in his friend’s backpack— “Guess we’ll have to wait to get into those, hm?”

I really don’t want to wait. I could use a cigarette right about now. Beneath the table, his leg bounced anxiously, nervously.

“How was your summer, Angel?” He asked politely. “We didn’t talk much this summer, unfortunately.” Purposefully, actually. Orey did his best to keep things as peaceful as possible in his personal life when he could, and inviting that energy into his orbit would have thrown off his delicate balance of work and home. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d69754; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #E48324; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 10px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #E48324; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #E48324; border: 1px solid #E48324; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
concerned but keeping on a smile
[div class=tag3]location
cafeteria
[div class=tag3]outfit
xxx
[div class=tag3]with
francis & ryan
[div class=tag3]tags[/div] low fidelity low fidelity oxytocin oxytocin [/div] [/div]
[div class="tabContents tabContents07 show"]

elijah
kinsley
[div class="tab tab1"]read more
[/div] [div class="tabContents tabContents01"]
Elijah's face shifted as he listened to Francis intently. Unease changed to solemn understanding. He tore off a piece of the salmon with his fork and languidly moved it around his plate without any intention of eating it. Francis added, "I know that's not the best reassurance, but like, we gotta remember the good memories of him, and honor those, y'know?"
Back then, Elijah was too young to truly understand and feel loss when his grandfather passed away. He didn't know that one's heart could feel so heavy, twist, and ache at once in the certain way it did because of grief. He often considered how things could've been different. How Jordi could've lived a long, happy life. His grandmother had said death was always going to be a part of life. Celebrating the good memories was bittersweet.
"Yeah... I get ya. You're right." Elijah looked off to the side for a moment, then back at Francis. A sad smile curled his lips. "It's the best thing we can do. I hope Ryan's oka—"

As if on cue, Ryan came to their table and approached the two boys with the kind of liveliness that could brighten anyone's day. “Gooooood afternoon, beautiful people!” she sang. Elijah tightly swaddled her in a bear hug of his own and almost lifted her off the floor. He was glad to see her. Of course, they spoke over the summer through text messages, Skype, FaceTime and all, but it felt as though it had been forever since he last saw his best friend in person.
She asked, "Could I join you?"
"Always," Elijah grinned.
Francis wholeheartedly agreed with him. "You know you don't gotta ask. Hey, want some orange slices?"

As she sat down, he looked at her again and thought her smile seemed...frayed. Less relaxed than usual. It wasn't actually her smile, but rather her eyes that appeared to be different. That troubled expression lingered for only a split second and then it was gone. Elijah had a question on his tongue, but glanced at Francis before speaking out loud. He trusted his friend's observational skills; it didn't look like he had reason to doubt her sunny demeanor. Was it best not to mention Jordi's death in front of her right now? He'd never forgive himself if he accidentally made Ryan cry. At the same time, it'd eventually become a subject she'd have to face, what with the Love Club meeting that was going to take place.

I think I'll hold off for now... he thought. The Australian asked her with a smile, "How's your day been? There's supposed to be a new season premiere of That Time of Year tonight. Are you excited?"
That Time of Year was one of their favorite cartoons to watch together. Talking about it would distract her from what might've been on her mind.
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘆-⧾-𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻′𝘀-𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆-𝗰𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀.454487/post-9951524[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back