• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The Last War OOC

"itd just reinforce the idea that so long as your powerful, you can do what you want" Is that not true today?

German victory could have prevented ww2 (or at least our version of it) and perhaps even the communist take over of Eastern Europe.  Savings millions.  Although perhaps only for them to die in an alternate war.

A German victory would have made international law a nonexistent thing. The fact germany lost is a, at least frim a retribution stance, good thing as both wws were to keep them in check. The thing that guaranteed a second world war is the Treaty of Versailles. In a perfect world, it would have been fair,  at the very least not excessive. 

That last part is extremely true, as it is easy to say a german victory would be better because of what came after. The ottoman and austria hungary could still very well still collapse, and facism could very well still grasp european powers, though likely it not being germany  or the UK. And communism took still take russia or even facism. A number of things could happen. For one, the sino-jappanese war that became part of world war 2 could still happen. But these are speculation, so I look at the actions of the nations and look to see what it would mean symbolically as well as materially. Ironically, to me at least, itd be better to let the high horse hypocrites of France and UK win than the pragmatic and Ends justify the Means Germans that threatened to provok the same mentalities from others. Take the monster you already have, y'a know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A German victory would have made international law a nonexistent thing. The fact germany lost is a, at least frim a retribution stance, good thing as both wws were to keep them in check. The thing that guaranteed a second world war is the Treaty of Versailles. In a perfect world, it would have been fair,  at the very least not excessive. 

That last part is extremely true, as it is easy to say a german victory would be better because of what came after. The ottoman and austria hungary could still very well still collapse, and facism could very well still grasp european powers, though likely it not being germany  or the UK. And communism took still take russia or even facism. A number of things could happen. For one, the sino-jappanese war that became part of world war 2 could still happen. But these are speculation, so I look at the actions of the nations and look to see what it would mean symbolically as well as materially. Ironically, to me at least, itd be better to let the high horse hypocrites of France and UK win than the pragmatic and Ends justify the Means Germans that threatened to provok the same mentalities from others. Take the monster you already have, y'a know.

If I had a time machine I would rewrite the treaty of Versailles to be less harsh on Germany. But alas I cannot.

Communism would have taken Russian still, but perhaps not the rest of eastern Europe as well.  Fascism would have likely erupted in Italy (but who knows) but there would have been no Hitler.  Fascism may or may not have taken Spain, given that there would have been no Hitler to support the revolutionaries.

If I had a time machine I would rewrite the treaty of Versailles to be less harsh on Germany. But alas I cannot.

Communism would have taken Russian still, but perhaps not the rest of eastern Europe as well.  Fascism would have likely erupted in Italy (but who knows) but there would have been no Hitler.  Fascism may or may not have taken Spain, given that there would have been no Hitler to support the revolutionaries.

Japan would still invade china,  russia under stalin would still seize power and look to retake lost lands.

Fascism wouldn't have had such a wide spread though. Maybe it'd affect France due to the harshness of the treaty but  other than them, there wouldn't be many contenders in Europe for Facism. Communism wouldn't be a thing period. The Germans feared a modernized russia and communism brought just that. The White Russian would've won with support from France, Germany, the US, Japan, Britain and Austria-Hungary. Also instead of having the tensions that came with Russia having some many former countries in it's borders, it would defused due to those countries separating themselves from Russia from war perorations. Now these countries wouldn't be completely free, as they'd be puppet governments but they'd be better than Soviet rule. 

Honestly, if Germany won it would've made the 20th century the German century. Germany would be the center of economy in and would have nations neutral during the war  move create closer ties with them post war. Germany would benefit from men like Oppenheimer and Einstein, pushing science forward and avoiding Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Now I'm not throwing another war happening out the window but it won't be even close to WWII. At worst it'll be a Russian supported upraising from German puppet nations with help from France. At best it'll just be another fire with France, killing their dreams for revenge.

Honestly, a German Century would benefit the world much better than the American century.

Japan would still invade china,  russia under stalin would still seize power and look to retake lost lands.

Japan invading China would happen but due to Germany having decent ties with them in IRL both before and after the war, I'd say the Japanese would not have done as well as they did IRL.

Communist would not seize power period.

I disagree. By that logic, you could ignore the armeanian genocide, and say, oops, they were just scared, or even say it didnt happen and it was applified by the allies. Personally, I dont give a damn who you are, commiting war crimes like that is disgusting including the USA. But saying Belgium was a fabrication is a easy way to ignore what is done wrong. Its like saying the holocaust, (and yet gypsies, gays and feeble people were affected) never happened and it was just a fabrication. 

You see what I mean, like you could justify any type of massacre and pretend they didnt happen. Is it possible that they were faked. Yes. We do no the british applified the acts to neutral nations. But is it worth possibly ignoring and not fully holding someone who knew what they were doing was wrong. Besides, there is no info we know of that did that. And if it was, why would that be used by the allies as a main reason to be harsh to germany in the peace treaty. And cruelty is still cruelty as well, while the Geneva Convention was not a thing, the Hague Convention was and it was against their rules.

I hope this doesnt seem accusitory towards you, was not my intention.

I didn't say the whole thing was a fabrication. I said it was treated hyperbolically by the Allies and it was comparable to crimes perpetrated by American forces in other wars. This was merely to point out that the Germans weren't extraordinarily evil or anything. 

Fascism wouldn't have had such a wide spread though. Maybe it'd affect France due to the harshness of the treaty but  other than them, there wouldn't be many contenders in Europe for Facism. Communism wouldn't be a thing period. The Germans feared a modernized russia and communism brought just that. The White Russian would've won with support from France, Germany, the US, Japan, Britain and Austria-Hungary. Also instead of having the tensions that came with Russia having some many former countries in it's borders, it would defused due to those countries separating themselves from Russia from war perorations. Now these countries wouldn't be completely free, as they'd be puppet governments but they'd be better than Soviet rule. 

Honestly, if Germany won it would've made the 20th century the German century. Germany would be the center of economy in and would have nations neutral during the war  move create closer ties with them post war. Germany would benefit from men like Oppenheimer and Einstein, pushing science forward and avoiding Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Now I'm not throwing another war happening out the window but it won't be even close to WWII. At worst it'll be a Russian supported upraising from German puppet nations with help from France. At best it'll just be another fire with France, killing their dreams for revenge.

Honestly, a German Century would benefit the world much better than the American century.

Ive watched the videos, and i can see the reasoning behind your arguement, but I simply cannot believe a German Century would be better than a 'American' one. Truly, USA has never had a century, cause its always been in combat with another nation, like the USSR. I mean, after the end of ww1, who could have believed communism would become a major force in the world

My point being, its easy to say it would be better from hindsight, but it goes both ways, we dony know the ramifications of a german win. Maybe another war breaks out. Maybe there is a cold war between democracy and autocracy. Maybe Africa rebels. My point is, it cant said what it the best choice. 

Look at the USA

Pro for winning without hindsight:

Promotion of democracy

Defense of smaller nations

New world order,

Not:

Interwar period

Ww2

Everything after

I didn't say the whole thing was a fabrication. I said it was treated hyperbolically by the Allies and it was comparable to crimes perpetrated by American forces in other wars. This was merely to point out that the Germans weren't extraordinarily evil or anything. 

Ah, I see.

@Lordvader59 A small issue with your CS. You stated that you are allied with the Russian Empire, and also stated that you were in the Entente. Since this is Alt History, and I'm playing the Russian Empire, I've decided to leave the entente, and likely join the central powers.

@Lordvader59 A small issue with your CS. You stated that you are allied with the Russian Empire, and also stated that you were in the Entente. Since this is Alt History, and I'm playing the Russian Empire, I've decided to leave the entente, and likely join the central powers.

Dont you have to wait for the game to start to do that?

I would think so. NPC nations that are historically allied with you on 1913 will obviously be your ally but if it wasn't then you would have to win their favor via rp.

Like, I mean in a very specific way that I'll pm the host for to keep as little people from knowing

@Lordvader59 Not from what I've seen so far. Besides, according to the others, we're allowed to change some of our nation's history. My change is that Russia left the Entente.

Is there anyone who knows the situation in the UK before 1914? I'm having difficulty finding it

Bru, I guarantee Canada's protection, as well as smaller, colonies in the americas.

I only own New England but I would appreciate if you didn't screw with Canada. They're very nice people. Not to mention, think of who has investments in your country...

Oi, deal-making happens in the rp. Also @Shepard, it depends what your looking for, if its general information it easy to find things on google, if its military just use 1914

I only own New England but I would appreciate if you didn't screw with Canada. They're very nice people. Not to mention, think of who has investments in your country...

I literally just said Id protect your american lands from foreign attack and you threaten me? Wtf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back