• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kobe Nathan Wade

One Thousand Club
Glory. Fame. Purpose. Trainers find these things in battle. For hundreds of years humans battled alongside Pokemon as equals, throwing themselves into the front lines of war and competition to fight with their partners. They were said to have had powers and abilities on par with that of their Pokemon teams, but through the ages Humans became weak while Pokemon only continued to grow stronger and more varied with every passing generation. Humans forgot their origins and battled for sport using Pokemon as pawns in their stead, but there one day came those whom felt this way was not natural. They revered the stories of their ancestors, and felt that what was once true could one day be again. Numerous sources banded together across the globe to orchestrate a return to the primal forces asleep in humans in this world of Pokemon. Through a mixture of science and the strange primordial magic this world contains they had done it. They injected their chosen people with Pokemon DNA of all kinds, tried various splicing methods, conducted rituals and collected magical elements and stones. Slowly through trial and error they found a combination of all of these things which worked.

These newly awoken ancient abilities came with rules, much like that of Pokemon. Unlike Pokemon, humans were only capable of hosting a single type, and could only use abilities and moves of that corresponding type. They could also retain the use of more moves at one time, as well as have access to three abilities within their type-family. This made them immensely powerful even against the strongest Pokemon teams of the world, especially when fighting alongside teams of their own, and the organizations who co-created this new race of human quickly took over the world. It wasn't long, however, when most of those gifted with the power realized the position their were in. Gods amongst men. They did something unspeakable in response to their newfound power at the top of the food chain. They released the power to the masses, but only at a cost. Join them. Tear down what we have built before, and begin a new age. They gifted those who shared their vision with Types, and those without faded into history. A genocide of the weaker part of the species, for better or worse.

A few centuries have passed and culture has admittedly not changed much. There are gym battles, contests, regions and technology almost identical to the world before. The only revolution which happened seemed to be in the magical powers of humans. Gym leaders and trainers alike became obsessed with building a synergy with their team that only their ancient ancestors could have rivaled with their own powers. The gym challenge became far more strict, now including the wellbeing of humans as well as Pokemon. Gyms operated as hybrid trainer schools and political centers, not unlike before, however trainers were only allowed to undertake the Gym Challenge beginning on their eighteenth birthday when they were granted their trainer license. Gym leaders are seen as professors, protectors, governors and gladiators of the realm. Nowhere is their power in battle more respected than in the Johto region. Neighboring Kanto boasts plenty of long lasting warrior clans even today, however Johto has become both a political powerhouse and cultural centerpiece worldwide.

Trainers who boast themselves as the cream of the crop of their respective regions travel here to learn from the Gym Leaders of Johto, respecting their knowledge. Eventually many try their hand at the challenge, but few ever make it to the finals and beyond to challenge the mythical Elite Four. To even earn the honor of doing so one must take part in the Grand Tournament. In this tournament only those whom have collected eight gym badges, or gym leaders, can compete. At the end of this, that winner may challenge the Elite Four and replace the Champion.

Will you take up the challenge?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I'm part of a few different RP's at the moment, and while they're all a lot of fun none of them are moving quick enough for my attention span. I can't wait for them to get into their respective plots, but something I crave is this little fantasy world we all create together where we can fight and write comedies or tragedies at will. I find myself refreshing pages until I get a notification so I can flex my writing muscles. If you match that same energy, I'd like to propose a streamlined RP which I think will balance the need to have those oh-so-satisfying one on one fights we all crave with the worldbuilding and exposition required to make us all really feel like we're in the room when they happen.

This will be a tournament-styled RP, in which we'll start with a training arc likely in small groups if their are enough players, followed by a tournament arc in which all the matches will take place each round simultaneously until the end to save time. I'm hoping this will cut down on what would usually be a lengthy process of most of the characters kicking rocks waiting their turn, and ensure all our characters are engaged in story on some level at all times. The final arc will then begin with a massive plot discovery about who controls the region from behind the scenes and result in a huge boss battle for us all! Ya dig? I'll leave openings for characters being any of the eight gym leaders, with the obvious condition your entire team is of that type. Obviously as mentioned above, our trainers will ALSO have moves and abilities of their own on par with our pokemon, and will be taking part in the battles in whatever fashion you might think of depending. You can also be a trainer, but this tournament will take place after your initial Pokemon journey. You have your eight badges and an ace team, and are ready to compete with the leaders themselves. You also would have originally studied at one of the gyms, so some of us may have to coordinate our bios a bit, but not much. Trainers do not have to pick a certain type.

I'm thinking for this RP, I want to go Bleach rules. Your character is going to be stabbed, shot, crushed, beat to a pulp, and a good nights rest is going to have you walking around just fine unless you want it to be otherwise for plot reasons. This lets us get more creative with our powers I feel without having to worry about silly hang ups like lethality. In addition, I'm leaving moves and abilities up to interpretation. Night slash could make your character disappear into any nearby shadows completely to strike with stealth. Confusion may show the opponent people from their past in place of their opponent. Go wild.

If that wasn't too long for you to lose interest I assume you're into it. Claim a spot below, and if I get say six people I'll make a character sheet. I need you to at least commit to posting once every two days, please. This will include your character sheet. I feel like these guidelines aren't unreasonable when trying to play a multiplayer game, y'know? It's like if you were playing monopoly and the other players kept leaving to answer the phone or take a shower after every move. Anyways;

Gym Leaders:
Violet City
Azalea Town
Goldenrod City
Ecruteak City - Electric Gym Leader - Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade
Cianwood City
Olivine City
Mahogany Town
Blackthorn City

Trainers:
saniachan saniachan

Last edited:
Interested.

Are pokemon from all regions allowed?
Also for trainer // gym leader types are the moves strictly to the type they choose?
Since pure fire types like say an arcanine can still learn dark type moves, normal type etc.

Interested.

Are pokemon from all regions allowed?
Also for trainer // gym leader types are the moves strictly to the type they choose?
Since pure fire types like say an arcanine can still learn dark type moves, normal type etc.
Yes you may only have access to your specific type as a human, but pokemon can still have their canon movesets.

Pokemon and trainers from all regions are allowed

" They could also retain the use of more moves at one time, as well as have access to three abilities within their type-family. "

Just to clarify, as long as a pokemon within the same type selected has the ability, then its available?

Like, Protean is found in Greninja which is Water/Dark and Kecleon which is Normal. So if i hypothetically have a trainer that is either Water/Dark/Normal, they can have Protean as an ability?.

I know protean wouldn't be a viable option for a trainer since it equates to changing the users type to the type of the move and the trainer is a single type. It was just the first ability that came to mind which had a very limited amount of pokemon that have it

Actually, I just clocked on bulbapedia each ability is coloured to a type. So protean would be Psychic according to the color it was given x.x

Edit: Thinking of a Ghost type for my trainer. Or bug type. But the only bug ability I have found is Swarm x.x
Edit2: Found more :3

Last edited:
I'd say I'm interested...

...but haven't decided on my trainer's type yet. ._.

Speaking of abilities, I'm contemplating to give my trainer either Aerilate/Pixilate/Refrigerate/Galvanize with the effect of allowing them to use both normal and their own types. But here's the catch: the former will turn into flying/fairy/ice/electric type respectively and it'll have some additional effects depending on the type it turns into. Would it be too OP?

Edit: forgot to tag the host Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Last edited:
very interested in this, thinking of making a poison type trainer!

Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork salti salti saniachan saniachan VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Phayne Phayne

I'm really happy everyone is interested. To clarify a few questions you all asked, saniachan saniachan no that wouldn't be too OP. I'm going for over the top, but with strict guidelines so the fights will all be fair. Having a lot of type advantages will be fine, because super effective attacks won't hit quite as drastically as they might in the game (no one shots basically) with chances for characters to negate them further if their training allows. I'll explain further in the cs.

Phayne Phayne Your trainer types can be of any shared by a pokemon of your same type. No need to look at it's official tag.

Mollberg Mollberg it is! Please make a character sheet! Once a few of them are complete ill be doing a soft start where we'll mostly just be interacting and building character relationships until everyone is done!

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Just a heads up you can post while your finishing of your CS, as we're all about to enter the gym so it's a good time to start before the story really get's rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back