• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Callan wasn’t sure what annoyed him more, Tobias’ cheeky comment, or the fact that Barry was laughing. Either way, the big bird with a beard was pouting.

“Then y’ve come ter the right place. Contracts’r over there-“ Barry pointed to the box of rolled up scrolls sat on one of the tables. “-n’ if yer need any help, Callan’ll talk yer through it.”

The Dwarf continued on his way to serve Yelania her usual. “Rough day?”

Callan
Barry (npc)

Nessi Nessi Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias leant over to Callan "uhhh whats a contract?" He asked honestly sounding rather befuddled. "Do I eat it or hunt it?"

X'NERUS

HP: 90% / 100%

The tiger sipped his milk and gave a deep hum of interest in the new citizens of the tavern, but didn't do much more than survey them with his eyes of feline ancestry.​

“Eh, just a bit o’ paper that gives the monarchy permission ter leech off our earnin’s.” Callan muttered as he tugged out a guild contract for Tobais.

He flattened the scroll down on the table before holding out a quill to the new recruit. “You sure about this… wouldn’t you be happier out there… kidnapping princesses or whatever?”

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias lifted an eyebrow, "whys i be kidnapping princesses? That just seems like trouble ta me" he looked at the paper then looked up at Callan "i cant read"

“Don’t worry about it.” Callan said, concerning his princess comment.

“Of course you can’t...” He grumbled as Tobais mentioned that he couldn’t read. The Siren cleared his throat and read out an abridged version…

“I hereby swear… not to be a tw*t… ter look after me mates… not be a stingy b*stard… hm… some sh*t about taxes… looting isn’t a crime here apparently-“ Eventually he reached the part about resurrection and the dotted line where Toby needed to sign his name.

“Just put a cross there or somethin’… then we can get ter the welcome drinks.” He grinned.

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Hmm" tobias picked up the quil and did a little doodle of a dragon on the line. "Heheh there we go, looks better than a cross" he beamed. "So how much booze and food do we get?!?" He looked about excited

Callan wasn’t sure the if the drawing could pass for a signature, but that wasn’t his problem. “Cute.” He commented, abandoning the sign up table for his favourite stool back at the bar.

“As much as yer like.” The Siren said, neglecting to tell Tobias about the bar tab system. “What d’yer want to eat?”

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Tobias followed callan over, "do the have boars? Or stags?" He asked hopeful, peering over the bar curiously before sitting backntontake note of the other hunters, so there was an ogress, a stiched together lady, a suit of armour, a cat.... and the woman with the nice dolls. Least he wouldnt be lonely here, and it was much warmer than that cave callan had told him to sit at.

“Possibly. If not, there’s plenty in the Cacklin’ Woods.” Callan chatted as he stretched across the bar, trying to reach a blue glass bottle before Barry got back.

“M’sure Colin wouldn’t mind cookin’ it for yer.” He continued as he yanked the cork out of the bottle he’d obtained. Whatever was in it made Callan cough after he sniffed it.

“Ere - welcome to the guild.” The Siren grinned as he pushed the liqueur bottle into the Rookie’s chest.

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"I prefer my meat red and raw." He noted as a curious bottle was shoved at him. He took it and gave it a sniff, scrunching his eyes a little before shrugging and downing the contents.

“Not all of it-“ Callan snatched the bottle back a little too late. He tipped it upside down, but it was empty. “… great.”

The grumpy Siren left the empty bottle on the bar and collected up his putrid collection of heads.

“Well, good luck ter yer.” He said to Tobias as he started to leave, intending to make his delivery to Hannah.

Callan

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Bah, orcs aren’t like those squishy humans--it takes a lot to poison one.” Giving Colin a wave in return, she snorted at Callan’s companion. The history there had to be hilarious. Just listening to them talk was. Callan as a mother hen--and he already had the feathers--was the best thing they’d seen all week. Watching him head toward the infirmary, hopefully, Hannah didn’t mind the heads were a bit..beat up, they went over to Tobias with a grin. With Dragon’s Fire already in him, he’d likely be fairly talkative, “So you’re Callan’s chick, huh? How’d the two of you meet?

Last edited:
Tobias gave a confused blink, "I aint a chick im a d...duu..deerstalker!" He grinned proudly. "How I met Callan? huh well uhh he showed up one day by ma home ya see. Told me I had to vamoose and give him one of ma teeth. So i was all but dis is my place yeah? But he insisted, started poking me wit his sword yeah? I wasnt in the mood for trouble and he said he'd find me a better place ta stay. So he found me dis really nice cave, dropped off some boars too a snack and told me ta wait there." he rumaged over the bar to see what other bottles he could try. " But like he never came back, I sat der for a few weeks then some guys showed up saying I couldnt be in dat cave and it was theres, so I thought like bugger it all I'll find were dat Callan guy went. Cos like maybe he got 'urt or sumit.. So I tracked his scent all da way over ere and well...ere i am"

Balthazar
Interactions: Alice Firelie Firelie / Urzoth Lost Echo Lost Echo / Open
Reactions: X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Morgana nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

All of a sudden, an empty table at the Guild Hall started to ramble and shake, along with the benches near it. Strange sounds, like ghastly whispers, began sprouting from the empty space. What was being said was intelligibly, however, it was like a conversation between two beings. The very space suddenly was ripped apart, in a long, vertical slit. It expanded sideways in a fractured fashion, the voices getting louder and louder. Inside the opened rift, something like a night sky could be seen: small dots of white on a pure-black canvas. An elderly man stepped out of rift, and it closed instantly.

The man’s hands began feeling his own body and belongings, as if searching for something. In fact, the old man was checking if everything was in order and none of his items, or body parts, were left somewhere else. The old coot was easily recognizably, with his flamboyant and colorful clothes, for the Guild veterans. No one in their right mind would take him for a mission that required stealth. But maybe some may have forgotten him, as he was away for a quite a while. Certainly the idea that the old man had finally kicked the bucket due to old age or that his mind had finally slipped away, and he was burning forests while only wearing a thong, may have entertained many of the Guild members.

But there he was, alive and sound of mind, albeit the second statement is questionable. From his belt, he took his heavy tome onto his hands and, with a magical feather pen, started to scribe in it, writing his last discoveries. Suddenly, someone shouted: “Get yerself down from there, old man! You will end up getting hurt!”. Apparently, Balthazar hadn’t noticed that he was standing on the table and, indeed, it wasn’t one of the most stable ones at the bar - “Your whippersnapper! Come give me advice when you aren’t wet behind your ears!” - he retorted, looking the mature warrior dead in his eyes, before both of the man started laughing and the magus used his thumb to adjust his spectacles.

While he preferred to keep writing his notes while they are still fresh in his ancient mind, he took heed to the warrior’s advice. After all, falling from the table and breaking his neck would be a pathetic, albeit comical ending to the man… at least until he was resurrected, as he didn’t think twice when accepting that petition on the contract. With uneasy steps on the shaky table, he walked to the very edge of it and jumped towards the ground. An unlikely, graceful landing soon followed, with the elderly gentleman spreading his arms as if it was a gymnastics tournament. Surely he deserved at the very least a bronze medal for that.

Fastening his tome back onto his belt and putting his feather pen away, with a quick movement of his hands, his black oak staff materialized out of thin air in front of him. It levitated in the air for a few moments, before he snatched it with his right hand. He looked around the bar to see the faces that were present there: Callan, the feathered man, making his way somewhere. A humanoid-tiger, at the distance, which he had no recollection of; A human, with a pretty sickly appearance, was she alright? Maybe she needed medical aid, but that was a field which the magus hadn’t experimented up to that moment; a trio talking over at the bar, some which the old man could even sense the arcane energy with them from the distance - “Mmmm.. peculiar”.

He made his way over to the counter and sat down on a bench in front of the grumpy bartender, overhearing the trio’s conversation - “I am sensing some energies I am not familiar with, but those seem to be some interesting arts” - he commented, towards the half-orc and the girl with the white hat.

Last edited:
Genii Genii Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
Morgana regarded Tobias with a side eye"I'm going to start a job in the Cackling Woods soon...do you want to join me? I wouldn't mind stocking up on boar fat for concocting sword oils."

She started walking behind Callan to the infirmary and said to Tobias over her shoulder, "I'll be back in a bit. Let me know."

Well, Callan was definitely treating you as one of his chicks. He was certainly more parental than I thought he had in him.” They listened to the story, nodding along while trying to keep a straight face. That sounded exactly like something Callan would do. He wasn’t a bad guy, just awkward, but he paid always his debts. “Hm. You must be a good tracker then.” Especially as they assumed the siren would fly to cover long distances. They patted him on the elbow since that was all they could comfortably reach and added, “Just what we need. Welcome.

There was some chaos happening at the tables--an explosion, the ripping of the fabric of reality, nothing too unusual, so Urzoth didn't bother turning around. They were about to greet Alice when what was cartoonishly a wizard came up. Turning their head, they raised one eyebrow, scanning him. His aura defined him as a powerful magician, but his outfit seemed ridiculous and useless against anything. Why waste magic on protection spells when you can just wear something more than a glorified tent? Still, they replied, “Nor am I familiar with you,” echoing his phrasing, just shy of mockery. “And unlike this one, I didn’t just sign up.” They studied him for longer then guessed, "You're not the dead wizard are you? Well, obviously not so dead. Um.." they paused on the name, "Balzar?"

((Better?))
Speaking with Alice Evergarden ( Firelie Firelie ), Tobias ( Gwenymoo Gwenymoo ) and Balthazar ( Maxxob Maxxob )

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: Urzoth Lost Echo Lost Echo

An expression of slight surprise washed over the old man’s face when the half-orc answered him. The fellow member sure had a sharp tongue, and it had stung him with it. He might need some aloe vera gel to treat such burn - “Oh, my apologies if I offended, I certainly wasn’t my intention” - he turned towards the curious being - “Dead…?” - he ran the fingers of his left hand along his long, white beard. It shouldn’t be a surprise for him that it could be the hypothesis for his long disappearance. He had been away for so long, that he had lost the track of time - “I’ve had some close calls, but it was their time, not mine. I am Balthazar” - he said, answering his colleague’s question - “How about you? How may I call you?” - he posed the question, lifting his eyebrow slightly, readjusting his glasses and scanning them in return.

Colin soon brought breakfast for Urzoth. A large plate covered in eggs, bacon, sausages and beans. He placed it down on the table just behind the half-orc, so he wouldn’t interrupt the conversation.

Colin the cook (npc)

Lost Echo Lost Echo Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Callan made his way down the cellar and through a double door into the Infirmary. It was long room, with rows of beds against its walls and an open office at the very end.

A tall blonde woman with branch-like antlers was checking on the two unconscious hunters that Yelania had carried down earlier.

“Got those hea-“ Callan loudly announced, but was promptly shushed by the healer. He settled for holding the ugly heads up instead.

“Thank you Honey.” The woman whispered, coming over to join Callan. “Who might this be?”

Callan looked behind himself and flinched a little when he found Morgana stood there.

Callan
Hannah the healer (npc)

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

Last edited:
"Uhh i guess so...." His voice trailed as he starred at the platter of food that was brought out for the orc.

Genii Genii
Morgana was in the process of reaching out to pluck one of Callan's feathers. She blinked (out of sequence, of course) and pulled her hand back. "I'm Morgana, Alchemist..." She said to Hannah without skipping a beat. "...And dabbler of necromancy. Nice to meet you."
Morgana's gaze shifted to the table behind the woman, trying to sneak a peek at the work she had been doing.

Balthazar
Reactions: X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Morgana nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

All of a sudden, an empty table at the Guild Hall started to ramble and shake, along with the benches near it. Strange sounds, like ghastly whispers, began sprouting from the empty space. What was being said was intelligibly, however, it was like a conversation between two beings. The very space suddenly was ripped apart, in a long, vertical slit. It expanded sideways in a fractured fashion, the voices getting louder and louder. Inside the opened rift, something like a night sky could be seen: small dots of white on a pure-black canvas. An elderly man stepped out of rift, and it closed instantly.

The man’s hands began feeling his own body and belongings, as if searching for something. In fact, the old man was checking if everything was in order and none of his items, or body parts, were left somewhere else. The old coot was easily recognizably, with his flamboyant and colorful clothes, for the Guild veterans. No one in their right mind would take him for a mission that required stealth. But maybe some may have forgotten him, as he was away for a quite a while. Certainly the idea that the old man had finally kicked the bucket due to old age or that his mind had finally slipped away, and he was burning forests while only wearing a thong, may have entertained many of the Guild members.

But there he was, alive and sound of mind, albeit the second statement is questionable. From his belt, he took his heavy tome onto his hands and, with a magical feather pen, started to scribe in it, writing his last discoveries. Suddenly, someone shouted: “Get yerself down from there, old man! You will end up getting hurt!”. Apparently, Balthazar hadn’t noticed that he was standing on the table and, indeed, it wasn’t one of the most stable ones at the bar - “Your whippersnapper! Come give me advice when you aren’t wet behind your ears!” - he retorted, looking the mature warrior dead in his eyes, before both of the man started laughing and the magus used his thumb to adjust his spectacles.

While he preferred to keep writing his notes while they are still fresh in his ancient mind, he took heed to the warrior’s advice. After all, falling from the table and breaking his neck would be a pathetic, albeit comical ending to the man… at least until he was resurrected, as he didn’t think twice when accepting that petition on the contract. With uneasy steps on the shaky table, he walked to the very edge of it and jumped towards the ground. An unlikely, graceful landing soon followed, with the elderly gentleman spreading his arms as if it was a gymnastics tournament. Surely he deserved at the very least a bronze medal for that.

Fastening his tome back onto his belt and putting his feather pen away, with a quick movement of his hands, his black oak staff materialized out of thin air in front of him. It levitated in the air for a few moments, before he snatched it with his right hand. He looked around the bar to see the faces that were present there: Callan, the feathered man, making his way somewhere. A humanoid-tiger, at the distance, which he had no recollection of; A human, with a pretty sickly appearance, was she alright? Maybe she needed medical aid, but that was a field which the magus hadn’t experimented up to that moment; a trio talking over at the bar, some which the old man could even sense the arcane energy with them from the distance - “Mmmm.. peculiar”.

He made his way over to the counter and sat down on a bench in front of the grumpy bartender, overhearing the trio’s conversation - “I am sensing some energies I am not familiar with, but those seem to be some interesting arts” - he commented, towards the half-orc and the girl with the white hat.
X'NERUS

HP: 90% / 100%

The "humanoid-tiger" watched the old man with a raised eyebrow and a look of interest. While X'nerus could not sense arcane energies, he could smell, and this man reeked of knowledge; the very thing that the tiger found endearing in a man. He got up from the bar and went to the man with a bow, "Greetings, mage. I am X'nerus."​

Balthazar

((Little late to react, hope this is okay))

Just a table away from Balthazar's sudden arrival, Siwai choked on his food, a mouthful of roasted meat. "Hhrff! It's a portal geezer!"
The young hybrid kobold-birdfolk being pointed at the man when Balthazar walked to the bar, mouth agape, food tumbling from it all over the floor.
He hopped up on the table he was sitting at, nimble as a crow, and shouted "did anyone else see that or am I goin' crazy. Again?!" His tail swished back and forth anxiously.

In his time at the guild, he had never crossed paths with Balthazar, either due to absence or circumstance, and he was taken completely by surprise from the sudden and magical entry.

((I missed a couple of posts. Let me fix it. Sorry, my internet has been awful today.))

Urzoth, unaware of their weaponized tongue, merely cocked their head at his apologies. “Don’t think on it,’ they batted the air, brushing it aside. They weren’t one to hold grudges--most people didn’t matter enough.

Turning in their chair toward the squawking bird, "You've never stopped being crazy, Siwai." Rolling their eyes, they added, "Reality has already mended itself, there's nothing to worry about." Waving at him, they called, "Come meet the guy," Then lower, "so you can tell they're real." Looking back at the other new recruit, they nodded, "Well met X'nerus."

Catching sight of Colin, she steered around Balthazar to the table, turning so that her profile was still toward him. “May they continue to be,” Urzoth murmured, as if a prayer, then nodded. “Well met Balthazar. I am Urzoth, the Ursine. They/Them.” They began to eat, unwilling to wait any longer. A satisfied growl came with the pleased hum they gave at the first taste. “Colin’s come through again,” they murmured, waving a piece of bacon in Balthazar’s direction. “I assume, since you’re brimming with magic, you wish to ask about my own?

Last edited:
Balthazar
Interactions: X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Urzoth Lost Echo Lost Echo / Open
Reactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

The old man did his best to contain his laugh at one of the patron’s reaction to his appearance within the guild grounds, which also happened to be unknown to him for the time being. The place had changed quite a bit from what he remembered, it certainly looked more lively. And the old magus wouldn’t have it any other way. He was then approached by the tiger-being. As he presented himself, the old man did the same, getting up from his seat and taking off his purple hat, revealing that he was, indeed, neither bald nor balding, to those who always wondered that - “It is a pleasure to meet you X’nerus. I am Balthazar, possibly one of the oldest members of the Guild” - he returned the bow with his hat on hand, before placing it back on top of his head - “Have you joined the guild recently?” - he asked the towering feline.

He then moved his free, left hand inside his robes, taking out a smoking pipe, made out from redwood, from it and putting it onto his own lips. While he didn’t plan to light it up, it was almost a ritual for him when he was inside the guild grounds to have it ready for when the opportunity for smoking arises. Resting his staff against the counter, he once again armed himself with his tome and produced the magical feather pen from his robe. He opened the grimoire on a blank page, starting to make a few notes. The old man wrote in strange glyphs and symbols. His eyes, however, weren’t focused on the page, but rather X’nerus and then Urzoth in turn - “Oh yes, I am very interested in that. It is not every day that I come in contact with that kind of that kind of energy. I think the last time was…” - the old man halted. His face contracted slightly as he tried to jog his memory - “... 4 decades ago”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back