• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Hunger Games

Reticent

𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘰𝘬π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜ͺ𝘯𝘡𝘦𝘯𝘴π˜ͺ𝘧π˜ͺ𝘦𝘴
As the title suggests, this roleplay is designed to be based off of the Hunger Games series. Details will largely be the same as those in the books and movies, although I am looking for original characters with realistic face claims only. This will also take place long before Katniss Everdeen and her victory.

Like the books, twenty four children (one male and one female) will be chosen from each of the 12 districts. You are welcome to reserve roles and apply for whatever district you desire but in the case of multiple people applying for the same role, it may not be first come, first serve. The number of tributes can be lowered if there aren't as many people expressing interest. You are also welcome to play up to two characters which are not always limited to tributes - gamemakers, stylists, mentors and such are all also available. This may be a good idea, especially for those whose characters are killed early into the games and I encourage you to consider this carefully. You can volunteer for your tribute to be killed early or it will be randomly selected and discussed later.

I expect this to be a moderate to large sized roleplay. If you don't post within a reasonable amount of time, your character will be written off or killed. Please no one liners, no cliche characters, and no bad manners.

Available Roles:

District 1: Luxury
1 Male
District 2: Masonry
1 Female, 1 Male
District 3: Technology
1 Female, 1 Male
District 4: Fishing
1 Female, 1 Male
District 5: Power
1 Female, 1 Male
District 6: Transportation
1 Female, 1 Male
District 7: Lumber
1 Female, 1 Male
District 8: Textiles
1 Female, 1 Male
District 9: Grain
1 Female, 1 Male
District 10: Livestock
1 Female, 1 Male
District 11: Agriculture
1 Female, 1 Male
District 12: Coal
1 Female, 1 Male

Last edited:
Im interested in a female for district 8 :)

Thanks for expressing interest guys. 24 seems like quite a hefty number. I'll wait for a few more people to express interest and we can instead focus on a handful of people from the districts. :)

Yep, I hope more people join, playing the plot of the hunger games series is extremely Interesting, even if it doesn’t revolve on the game but in the capitol.

Hiya, I'm interested in playing the role of a male from district 3 c:

Heya I am interested in district 7 female but I will see as setting up goes along.

I would like to reserve a district 10 male as well and district 4 female if possible. That would total 3 characters for me if it’s allowed. District 8 female will be killed early.

I would like to reserve a district 10 male as well and district 4 female if possible. That would total 3 characters for me if it’s allowed. District 8 female will be killed early.
Yeah that's absolutely fine!

Also, I should have a character sheet within the next day or so for you all to begin.

Heya, I don't want to be a bother but I do need to ask.

1. At which point into the games does th the RP start (ie reaping, parade, training, show, evaluation or the arena)?

2. How big is the interaction between districts outside the games? (In the books it was forbidden)

3. By the dress do you mean show or parade or reaping?

4. Is the job label only for specific people? (Since the age that the districts let the children start working differs between them)

5. Are allies in-arena only or not?

6. Should the max age for tributes be 18 like in the book?

Again sorry to bother just wanted to clarify for myself.

Last edited:
Heya, I don't want to be a bother but I do need to ask.

1. At which point into the games does th the RP start (ie reaping, parade, training, show, evaluation or the arena)?

2. How big is the interaction between districts outside the games? (In the books it was forbidden)

3. By the dress do you mean show or parade or reaping?

4. Is the job label only for specific people? (Since the age that the districts let the children start working differs between them)

5. Are allies in-arena only or not?

6. Should the max age for tributes be 18 like in the book?

Again sorry to bother just wanted to clarify for myself.
No worries!
I was thinking of having the rp start off sometime around the training period.
Interaction between the districts is forbidden. This means all alliances are formed during training or sometime after, like in the Games.
For dress you are welcome to describe all of the ones you mentioned if you like! But I was mainly focused on attire before the games and we can agree upon a suit for within the Games.
The job label can be optional.. it can range from unemployed to being a student to having an actual job.
Yes max age for tributes is 18.

Oops, I have to change my female tribute 4 age then. I was wondering how the winner would be selected at the end? Suppose it’s not an option for the characters to die along the lines.

Yeah I haven't quite decided. Perhaps it'll be randomly chosen or something else. Any ideas?

Yeah I haven't quite decided. Perhaps it'll be randomly chosen or something else. Any ideas?
I'm in an RP where our actions actually have consequences. So, maybe while it's random, it also has something to do with the way we write out characters out (like for example a character who was written to be well-liked with whatever angle they were playing will have an edge with the sponsors, the careers would have an edge in combat like in the books, but not know how to deal with hunger, etc, etc) I think training scores should be on a random number generator, and then we have to work with whatever number we get (you'd be the one generating them so we couldn't just keep going to we get a good score)

I think it would be better to have one of the earlier ones. About what we have no clear info so we can be creative and stuff.

I thought that although some of it would be random the people who have the most interesting story to tell and skills to survive somewhat usually win.

You should really embrace the Gamemaker role and like maybe make some maps or something to reveal the info partially to us and really manipulate the tributes but is just a suggestion.

Yep, design the whole terrain. What would the year’s theme be? Haymitch’s game was made in some sort of barbie-doll poison land while Katniss’ was just a forest.

Okay so all I have left to do soth Nova is her personality, I also want to make a tribute who would die earlier in the games but I'm waiting for other people to post their character sheets. And I'd like to make a mentor, maybe for District 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back