• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hidden; Main Thread IC {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Krr

It was no use for the swamp creature. These infernal words continued to baffle it with their nonsensical lack of meaning, apart from its own name. Krr began to rumble out a groan of intense proportions as it began stomping along inside of the structure that was behind that infernal billboard. Surely this foul contraption, one that desecrated the lands, would host the answers the bayou-born sought. Trudging carefully, as it did not trust this ground for it was not like the bog and mire it was used to, Krr made its way with a distinctive pounding. In a short matter of time the swamp denizen found itself behind two Savage Outsiders; one with a distinctive contraption adoring its nogging or as the savages called it, "a hat". The other was another smooth-skinned savage who Krr could not place any marks with. They did not appear to have any distinctive things to them, such as the shovel that Oricly possessed or the hat that the other savage outsider possessed.

"Ya'll thar!" Krr roared out with an such an intense purpose that the skin upon its belly gave way to a waving motion. Krr quickly pursued to fill in the gap and place their meaty arms upon both of them. "Ya'll voyagent troo dese cor-ee-daahs n I'm dun inna ripened pre-dica-mount. Ain't je fais hide n'tail o'et..."

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight girl_on_fire girl_on_fire

Hope accepted Charlotte's handshake with a smile. "My name's Aeri! Most people call me Hope, though, so you can use whichever you like more. Shall we?" Hope gestured toward the dorm before turning and beginning to walk there with Charlotte.

"So get this. It's only the first day and already a girl's out to make my life here horrible! Like, I've never even met her before and she's getting super personal. She pulled this huge prank on me that anyone could see, then she comes up to me and acts all meek to try to throw me off the scent! It's like she thinks I grew up under a rock or something." And she'd be right, but it was a mountain... "Mark my words, that frail-looking blonde girl is going to be a big troublemaker."

Scion Scion

Charlotte Paige Rhodes

The vampiress found herself eagerly nodding along and paying attention to the story, "Like both those sound uber-cute, I'mma switch between Aeri and Hope when I feel like it 'kay?" Of course the juicy details came flying thick and furious at Charlotte.

Charlotte quickly gave an over-exaggerated gasp while flaunting her right most fingers down. She turned to face Hope and used her right hand to gesture to herself. "Oh my god no way, Aeri! Not in like in a 'I don't buy it' sorta deal cause like I totes do. They are probably jelly of your style, sister, like they are with my beautiful bod. But like okay so, B T Dubs, okay so the same thing happened to me! So iunno who did it to me, between you me, I think it was that - look I'll be honest here she's a total uggo. Y'know that girl who HA, oh my god if you see her, like you wouldn't think it's a girl right. You'd think it's a boy! Like hello, newsflash, this isn't the eighteen-whatevers it's not hip to look like a dude! God that history class was a toooootal snoozefest, but oh, okay yeah so this really uggo brunette who looks like she does not take care of herself at aaaaall. But yeah! They put up a suuuuper embarrassing photo up on display for the world! And like, hello, that's not me but I worry that people are gonna think it is you know? But OH! Yeah, I'll like I'll totes keep an eye on Legally Blonde for you if you wanna keep tabs on that mannish broad?"

CallSign CallSign

Soraya gently lifted Lucy up and brushed her off. "There, there, sweetie," Soraya cooed, "that man won't be messing with you any more." She briefly considered how Lucy had such a complex vocabulary or why she was on this man's back, but quickly shook the thoughts away under a torrent of motherly instincts.

"And you," Soraya snapped at Gotras, "ought to watch yourself. I don't know what your family does with their little brothers and sisters, but I know we don't do those things to complete strangers!"

Soraya turned to Lucy and knelt down to meet her. "You are so cute!" Obviously, this girl had to be Lucy. Soraya couldn't consider a school meant for Hidden... child soldiers? Spies? Hidden agents would have more than one girl that matched the photo on the bulletin board. "Is your name Lucy, sweetie? My name is Soraya Shuhali al Belka; I'm a genie! I'll make sure to keep you safe, and keep that man from blackmailing you."

Soraya stood up and smiled down at Lucy. "We should get to our dormitories soon. I'll help you get settled in!" She stared back at Gotras. Grinning wickedly, she closed her eyes and focused on the greenery around her. With a wave of her hand, a fistful of fresh fertile soil disappeared from the lawn and reappeared directly over Gotras's head.

Darth Darth Shining Wizard Shining Wizard

Teddy Greco was not where everyone else was, because he didn't know anyone here, he kinda didn't want to be there and he hadn't really felt like interacting with anyone in particular. Too many people, too chaotic, why start just hassling people at random when there'd be time to get to actually know your classmates and roommates later? It helped that he'd slept through most of the trip to the school out of boredom so he hadn't stood out and no one really stood out to him. A social butterfly he was not. Instead he did what he figured would be the most convenient: he saw where he was rooming, with who, and he quietly made his way to the room to mark his territory. No, not literally.

One room for three, one bunk bed and one single. He wanted the single. He'd read old castles and buildings of that type were usually drafty and not all that comfortable, and he wanted to be as comfy as possible while he was staying there. One look at the sparsely furnished room, where everything definitely looked old enough to fit the architecture, told him he'd made the right choice. He'd been to worse, really, but the stone floor and poor lighting and definite draft and the very small individual desks with no computers or anything were gonna be annoying. Gotta toughen kids up at their private school for that future war against humans, right? He couldn't even find a socket.

By the time his roommates arrived he would have made it so both beds were lined up against the same wall and looking in the same direction towards the door, with the single placed on the back of the room. His desk was also now near the back wall, placed so the light came down on a little pot plant he'd brought in for that green touch, and facing towards the door too so he wouldn't have his back to it. Opposite the beds he left the other two desks. There were clear dust marks showing the furniture had been moved around, but Teddy didn't care about those. He just put his bags down, lay on his bed and put on some music on his phone waiting for the people he'd share his life with to arrive.

Duwang Duwang Darth Darth

Hope listened intently as Charlotte half-rambled through her own story of devious misconduct. There are two people digging up old photos to attack students here!? Before she knew it, the pair were standing in front of the door into the common room.

"...But OH! Yeah, I'll like I'll totes keep an eye on Legally Blonde for you if you wanna keep tabs on that mannish broad?"

"Legally Blonde also used an old photo for her prank, so like, maybe they worked together? Or maybe there's even more to this than just the two of them!" The mere thought of such a thing was so vile that Hope shuddered involuntarily. "We should totes join forces on this. There's no telling what they have planned next."

Scion Scion

Torrin sighed inwardly. Her attempt to apologize wasn't going very well, but she didn't know what else to do. She shoved her hands in her pockets, racking her brain for something to say when she heard a familiar voice shouting from the direction of the info-board.

"HEY! OVER HERE! WE'RE ON THE SAME TEAM! ISN'T THAT COOL?"

For once, Torrin was glad the adorkable blond was so loud. She waved and double-checked her phone for the group assignments. Sure enough, there was blondie. Leon, so that's his name. Good to know. And it looks like he has already collected Snow and Sakari, which leaves...Evelyn. Cool!

Torrin looked back to Yumi, who seemed to think blondie, also known as Leon, was speaking to her. "I think he's shouting at me, since he's in my group. You have..." Torrin's voice trailed off for a second as she browsed the lists. "There it is. You have Charlotte, Aeri, Axus, and Dro-something.". Putting her phone back in her pocket, she gave Yumi a small smile. "I really am sorry about the notebook. If you think of a way I can make it up to you, lemme know. I'll catch up with ya later though, yeah? It's getting late, and I wanna meet my group before we hit the hay." Torrin nodded at her new roomie as she slung her pack onto her back and strolled over to where most of her group was congregated by the board.

"Sup, dude bro? This is definitely pretty cool," she said to Leon before turning to the girls and sticking a hand out in greeting. "Hiya, name's Torrin," she grinned cheerfully. She didn't remember seeing Sakari before, but she seemed nice, putting Torrin a little bit more at ease. She did recall Snow as being the girl next to the mouthy one with the garlic and herbs on the bus (the odor still lingered in Torrin's nose). Upon closer inspection, Snow didn't seem any less distraught than she was on the bus. In fact, she seemed even more so, maybe. Torrin cocked her head and wondered what that was about.

Fluffer Fluffer
Duwang Duwang
Kasime Kasime
littleberry littleberry

Last edited:
Sakari smiled back at Snow and nodded at her greeting before giving her a curious look. "Hey, um, are you okay? You look a bit upset," she asked in a soft voice before quickly adding in a worried tone, "I mean, if it's personal or if it's between you and, um, Aeri, I don't mean to pry."

And then the girl that Leon had called over to approached them as soon as she'd spoken, greeting the Wolf first before introducing herself to Sakari and Snow. She looked different than Snow, with a somewhat tan complexion and shortcut dark hair. And she seemed to have more of a voice than the blonde girl she stood beside.

"Hey, I'm Sakari Hitkar-Bear!" She repeated for what she thought was the fourth time today as she shook the hand held out to her and Snow. It didn't make much of a difference to her to repeat it, having been raised to reply with her full name and always politely.

Although, she did think it strange that her mother had repeated it constantly so recently as she had prepared for Prapos. Not to outright say she's a genie at first, but to share her last names and nothing more when introducing herself. Something about respect and pride not just for her clan, but for who her family is. She was always proud of her family, to have such an amazing mom and dad, so she didn't quite understand why her mother put so much emphasis on it.

Regardless, Sakari noticed that a good part of the other students had begun heading towards the building for the dorms. Glancing back at the board behind them to check her room once more, she looked back to her group. "Looks like we should head to our rooms now, so I'll see you tomorrow!" She exclaimed cheerfully to Leon and Torrin, feeling a bit more open than when she'd first left the ferry.

Turning to Snow who stood beside her, she lowered her voice and offered her a small smile. "Do you want to walk with me? We can talk about it on the way to our rooms, if you want?" Sakari asked, a genuine look of care in her soft lilac eyes as she noticed how nervous and upset Snow still seemed.

AGent87 AGent87 Duwang Duwang littleberry littleberry

Galynthia
Galynthia jumped, startled, and turned at the sound of another voice. She smiled at the newcomer, able to make out most of their words.

"The corridors are rather confusing, aren't they?" she agreed. "We were just looking for our dorms as well. My name is Galynthia Aash," Galynthia said, holding out a hand. "But you can call me Galy. Pleasure to meet you!"

Her warm brown eyes sparkled at Krrr as she beamed, nervousness now long gone. She'd managed to make one friend, and her anxiety had faded away as she grew more comfortable with her surroundings. She'd might as well make friends. After all, she was going to be staying here for a large amount of time.

"I'm in Group B! Are you in my group?" she asked, blowing a strand of hair out of her face with a little huff. It fell back to its original position immediately, but Galynthia ignored it, focusing instead wholly on Krrr.

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Scion Scion

Snow
Interacting with: Duwang Duwang Kasime Kasime AGent87 AGent87 Mentions: Scion Scion CallSign CallSign
1-pc-Diabolik-lovers-Komori-Yui-Cosplay-Hairpin-Hair-Clip-Hand-made.jpg
“Hi Leon, I think we kind of met on the bus.” Snow shook his left hand, watching Aeri walk away and start talking to her soon to be horrible roommate. Oh fan freaking tastic… Snow bit her lip, nervously chewing on it. Was the Dragon woman really that upset Snow knew what a dragon egg was? And that it was a cute baby photo her parents must have sent in as a prank or something... Snow didn’t know Dragon culture that well… perhaps she was just shy like Snow? “I am glad I get to meet so many interesting people at this school. I don’t really mingle outside my clan. But I suppose that is the whole purpose here right? Like Headmistress said, Unity among the clans.”

She nodded, looking from him to the genie girl. Snow could easily read their power signature, wispy and sparkling like the flickering of star dust and or enchanted flames. The wolf boy called over a person named Torrin, though Snow did not know if they were female or male at first glance.

"Sup, dude bro? This is definitely pretty cool," they said to Leon before turning to Snow and the genie girl. "Hiya, name's Torrin," Torrin grinned cheerfully in such a way that sent relief through Snow’s mind. She shook Torrin’s hand as well, blinking when she registered shapeshifter power inside of the. She wondered why Leon and Torrin seemed so friendly when their clan’s had such history. Prapos working its unity magic already?! Wow! Snow’s gaze slid over to Sakari as she spoke. "Hey, um, are you okay? You look a bit upset," she asked in a soft voice before quickly adding in a worried tone, "I mean, if it's personal or if it's between you and, um, Aeri, I don't mean to pry."

Snow sighed before running a hand through her hair in her nervous tick. “I am not sure… I um well I noticed a picture that she didn’t like and told me not to show to anyone. Which I totally wouldn’t! But then she stalked off to go talk to… well the girl who is going to be my roommate and who already has thrown gum in my hair. I am just worried that since they are so much higher ranking than I am… well I wonder how my year is going to turn out at this point. I thought perhaps clan ranking wouldn’t matter that much but I should have expected this… being a witch is the lowest of the low. I should have never thought to talk to a DRAGON. I mean come on… top five… so out of my social circle.” Snow said everything in one big fast monologue, her personality being one so trusting she didn’t stop to think that… well she was complaining about clan ranking to a GENIE and a WOLF! Genies maybe could understand.. But WOLVES?! No way. They were the second most politically and magically powerful clan out of all the Hidden. Snow looked at Leon with wide eyes, taking a quick step back.

“N-not that I am saying I don’t respect higher clans. Or that you are all bullies. I just, what I mean is, what I was saying, like honestly I... “ Snow stopped her babbling when Sakari began speaking about heading to their rooms, asking the socially self destructing witch to accompany her. “Yes yes yes yes um bye! See you guys tomorrow!” She replied quickly, looking down as she grabbed the genie girls hand and pulled her basically in the direction of the dorms, wanting to get out of that awkwardness as fast as possible.

“Oh god I am going to be a friendless punching bag by the end of today… great start Snow. Great start.” She said kind of to Sakari but mostly to herself.

Martyr had wandered aimlessly through the halls of the dorm. Her staff slid across the floor, but she only ever tapped walls. She happened upon two people talking. She hoped they would be able to help her find her dorm. She had been told beforehand that she was rooming with a girl named Hope. She just needed to find Hope.
"Pardon me, but could I ask for your assistance? I am having trouble finding my dorm. I was only told I was rooming with a girl named Hope."
She held her staff properly and kept her back straight as well. She needed to represent her clan well.
Scion Scion CallSign CallSign

Azazel smirked softly and waved to the girl.
"Bye Evelyn. I look forward to meeting you again."
He walked towards the dorms to find where he was staying. He found that he was rooming with a guy named Krr. He really just hoped he wasn't annoying. He pulled out his phone and changed the song. He made his way up to his dorm room, wondering if his roommate was already there.
Scion Scion

Last edited:
Dro Sicarii
dRO.jpg

Dro decided he'd rather avoid conversing with anyone else for the time being. So far, he'd either made an ass of himself, or he'd been disappointed and disturbed by whom he spoke to. Neither bode well for his social future. He happened to pass by a witch who was tugging on a genie, the witch looking a bit flustered and red in the cheeks.

Probably don't want to know what caused that.

He contented himself with waving at the witch and the genie on his way to his dorms. He had an uneasy feeling that his annoyance concerning the vampiress and the wolf were only just beginning. Admittedly, he had caused parts of the problem himself. But who had time for the blame game anyways?

littleberry littleberry
Kasime Kasime

Leon shook Snow's hand. It looked like the dragon wasn't interested in his antics. This was better for him. It meant that he didn't need to wash his hands as much later that night. He wasn't quite sure what happened, but it looked as if Torrin and the other girl had a bit of a spat, or at least as far as he could tell from the look on the smaller girl's face.

With how they treated one another, Leon caught himself as being oversympathetic, especially since Sakari seemed to want to extend a hand to everyone. What Leon most definitely surprised by, however, was Snow's reaction to his presence.

"HEY. DON'T YOU WANT TO FIND OUR LAST TEAM MEMBER FIRST?" Leon pulled Sakari back. "I MEAN, THE MORE WE KNOW ABOUT EACH OTHER, THE BETTER OUR TEAM WORK IS GONNA BE, RIGHT? IT'D BE MAJOR RUDE IF WE LEFT ONE PERSON OUT." Leon, being the prince of wolves, never really knew what it was like to be left out of a group. However, he had seen runts of the pack, ostracized and left for dead as if they weren't wolves. Leon was a little tentative, actually, extending a hand to someone who wasn't his own kind.

Last edited:
Artemis
"Okay, so dorms." I muttered to myself, opening a door that I assumed went somewhere. Doors can't go nowhere, right? I duck inside before looking and gaze at the inside of this building. It seems so much like the rest of the island, beautiful, yet with this natural feeling to it. I smile and walk down the corridor, glancing everywhere and a everything.

A few minutes later, I find a map. Apparently, I was supposed to pick up a pamphlet and it would contain a map, but I probably ran away at that part. Not a problem, although I'm still confused at everything. Staring down at my map too much, I manage to bump into a few walls.
"I was really hoping I wouldn't get injured on the first day." I muttered scolding myself, as I somehow manage to find the room that I will be spending a decent amount of time in for who knows how long.
"So... umm... Great. Yeah. Uhh. I really need to meet my roommate." I muttered, flopping down onto the floor.

Taken aback by the strange green... Thing that approached and Galynthia's strange fixation on it, Madeleine slipped her hand out from Galy's hold and slowly eased herself away from them. "The fair folk?" She whispered to herself as she reached out for her staff. She knew that a witch of her level would be better off avoiding issues with the fae. Warding against them was one thing, but breaking someone from their thrall was another entirely. She knew this to be absolute truth, but she still couldn't help but feel guilty for what she was about to do.

She quickly spun on her heel and bolted away from the fair folk that had clearly seized hold of the other girl's will. Once she got enough speed, she leaned back on her heels and let the wheels carry her forward. "F-Fair folk just roaming the halls? That's not fair at all, just what are they thinking allowing that?" A sudden realization hit her and she stopped. What if this was all just a game? What if the headmistress expected a bloodbath? "How horrible..."

girl_on_fire girl_on_fire Scion Scion

Charlotte Paige Rhodes
"We should totes join forces on this. There's no telling what they have planned next."

Charlotte Paige Rhodes blinked for a moment as she tilted her head. With a smile she held out her left palm and smacked a newly balled right fist into it. "Oh abso-tivite-lutely!~ Cause like you are totes right, it never stops at just one or two or like even three. Like, okay so what you need to know about dweebs, losers, all those weirdos right, things that aren't fabulous like us - is that they are icky rats and stuff." Charlotte shuddered at her own accurate to a tee description of the social low-lifes. "Eww, eww, ew just thinking of them skulking around is totally groddy. But yeah they totally are already like in cahoots, maybe even with the RAs considering how they got those photos up! Like surely if it like, wasn't bigger than them they woulda already tore down that stuff before people had a chance to see it, like hello, it's just simple! So like what we need to do is..."

Of course as Charlotte was explaining how dweebs act and what plan of course they should take, this was interrupted by the pleading of some other new girl seeking Hope, hope not in a metaphorical sense but the literal sense of Hope the Dragon. Of course what happened with Aeri earlier today, alongside her, she needed to secure that they were not facing a Debbie Downer. Charlotte turned to Hope, holding out her hand to cover her mouth as she began to speak in a hushed tone. "Like okay, so this may or may not be one of those nerds. Like let me test their cred for ya 'kay? Then we can see if they are to be trusted or totes watched for nerdy activities."

"Like uh, you can, cause you just did. But like yanno, totes doesn't mean anything cause like you be one of em, but hey maybe you're not. So like let's find out! So who is the real hottie in that like Avengers Series?

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 CallSign CallSign

Krr

Krr took Galynthia's hand with one of its own and gave a rather firm, and vigorous shake of the hand with its own gloved appendage. Krr eyed the other Savage Outsider that wore the hat, that had chosen to flee. "Ain't qaite as co-oreg-ious, er couillon if'n dis 'erewar troo turf, as ya'll ain't it?" The bayou-born creature gazed down upon Galy and began roaring in its trade-mark proper tongue of Old Crocodilian, "Krr, nah mal-élevé so if'n un nom givan anutha returned."

With that Krr lowered its frame down as it could stare right in the eyes of Galy, in the dead of the eyes and continue speaking. "Savage Outsider, je crois wutcha parles buuh rec-ko-nin y'hav répondres I'mma luukin fer, t'Savage Tongue uv dat board."

girl_on_fire girl_on_fire KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Galynthia
Poor Galynthia flushed red with embarrassment as she watched Madeleine flee.

"I'm sorry about her, I don't know why she did that..." she said, looking a little confused. She cocked her head, blushing, even more, when she couldn't understand what Krrr-- she assumed its name was Krrr, it certainly seemed to match the picture on the board-- was saying.

"Ah... Je parle un peu francais...?" she stuttered, confused. Her wide eyes were hopelessly lost. Galynthia had understood most of it, just not the last part. Something about responding...

She sighed, and then looked downwards towards the hall.

"I should probably try and find my dorm now," Galynthia told Krrr apologetically. "It's getting late." She smiled and waved. "Goodnight! See you around, Krrr!"

With a little grin and wiggle of her fingers, Galynthia turned and strode down the hall. She eventually, after many tries, found what she assumed was her dorm, and began unpacking.

Scion Scion

Torrin shook Sakari's and Snow's hands, albeit a tad more gently than she had gripped Leon's arm earlier. Sakari Hitkar-Bear...that was a pretty badass sounding name. Way cool. Also, Snow seemed to calm a little when she shook her hand, but as she began to vent about the misunderstanding between herself and Hope and then the fact that she had to room with that vamp chic, she got herself all worked up again, although concerning the vamp being her roommate...Torrin could understand being at least a little upset about that. But when Snow started rambling about about clan rankings and top fives and social circles, well, Torrin just could not understand why that was such a big deal. She could kind of maybe get it, but no, not really. People were people, plain and simple. Some were good, some were bad, and now she also knew that some had powers and some didn't. But why does that have to matter? Why can't people just get along? Torrin did feel some sympathy for her though when the girl couldn't stop herself and managed to dig her hole deeper. She wanted to say something, to maybe somehow reassure her as she turned to leave, attempting to pull Sakari along with her. She was saved from having to think of words though when Leon responded first. Of course she immediately slapped her hands on her ears and waited it out, but he made a good point. They should totally find the last person of their group before hitting the hay.
With her hands still covering her ears, she asked, "Hey, bro, how about you use that big voice of yours? No way she couldn't hear you, yeah?"
Duwang Duwang Kasime Kasime littleberry littleberry

Last edited:
"YEAH. THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!" Leon responded. He wasn't used to taking orders. He hadn't taken orders from anyone since he was a young boy and training among the other young wolves. Leon had always been the leader, so it was strange for him to have to respond in such a way, especially to someone who was so close to the humans of all things. If he really wanted to get someone's attention, Leon had the option of changing into his wolf form. These people weren't ready for that yet. As a matter of fact, none were worthy of experiencing his majestic true form just yet.

Leon drew in a deep breathe. Then, he tilted his head up to the sky and cupped his hands over his mouth. "EVELYN! WHERE ARE YOU? I'M YOUR GROUP LEADER! WE'RE ALL WAITING FOR YOU RIGHT HERE!" After he shouted, Leon jumped up and down, waving his hands to make himself look more noticeable, as if he hadn't been already. He realized after speaking that no had particularly made him team leader, he simply declared himself as such. Though, if anyone was to be team leader, Leon definitely believed that he was the most worthy.ending a hand to someone who wasn't his own kind.

Krr

Krr watched as the Savage Outsider stumbled and bumbled through communication. It sounded like, well considering what it was able to pick up from Galy, it was attempting to explain the flight vs fight phenomena. Of course a well bred gentile creature of the bog knew that concept well, it was one that didn't need to be instilled into a person via lectures. Krr didn't have to learn that from its bask, it just knew it. Even Savage Outsiders knew that response and were compelled to act by it. As such it did not surprise Krr much when Galy fled while waggling its fingers.

Tilting its head the bayou-born let out a low rumbling noise, "Ooorrruuuaaa. Hhruuaa..." Krr began scratching its metal piece from its noggin as it gave side to side glances of its surroundings. "Savage dun est allé fua talkin' wut dat dun board at-temp-tun t'meyan." Well that was to be expected of a Savage Outsider, not all of them would be as kind as Oricly. From experience most Savage Outsiders were uncouth brutes with no discipline or any learned nature whatsoever. Rolling its shoulders around, Krr once again took a look at the corridors it was in and decided on what the best course of action would be.

Krr began stomping very loudly while banging hard on the many walls of the building with both of its gloved fists. "OI WUTEN TAR-NAC-IONS DUN DAT'THAR BOARD 'N SAVAGE TONGUE MEAN?" Krr would repeat this gesture and phrase as many times as it needed to. Some Savage Outsider would reveal what mysteries laid upon that mysterious board of savagery meant. Krr knew it meant something, but what, it was unsure of. And Krr would not stop until its dark secrets were unraveled!

After talking to the friendly incubus, Evelyn realized that she hadn’t checked her for her group placement, or even her roommate! As she approached the bulletin board, a voice from nearby stopped her.

"EVELYN! WHERE ARE YOU? I'M YOUR GROUP LEADER! WE'RE ALL WAITING FOR YOU RIGHT HERE!"

At that, the teenage girl turned away from the board and began to search for the owner of the voice. Almost immediately, she noticed a strange boy hopping around like one of those jumping beans that you give to children. Clearly, that was her group. They looked interesting, a little out-there.

“Hmm?” She looked at jumpy-boy for a moment, and then speedily walked over. “Team leader, huh? I’m sure we can discuss that later..” From looking at him, she didn’t doubt his leadership skills necessarily, but more of his declaration of leadership. Was there a vote that she missed?

Looking around, Evelyn recognized a few of the students from the ferry and bus ride to the school. Right off the bat, she could tell her first group was quite diverse in types of clans. You could tell in their mannerisms, hoe they looked at eachother. That would be useful for the first challenge. With diversity comes different ideas and ways of solving problems.

“Well, I’m Evelyn!” she smiled, laughing a little. “But clearly you all knew that already, considering the screaming.” She nodded, and then went straight into the conversation. “Did I miss anything important?”

mentions:
Duwang Duwang
littleberry littleberry
AGent87 AGent87
Kasime Kasime

Sephoriah disembarked from the bus with her mind surprisingly placated.
The siren's song struck a pleasant chord with her; given that their innate abilities were not dissimilar.

She was dressed in fitting black lace-up pants and a jacket to match. She had followed the trends of clothing for a century in the world of humans, and always preferred to stay tastefully--but strikingly--outside of it. Time moved past so much slower in the houses of immortals...here she was, many times older than most of the bothers, and yet filled with the same young energy. Ambition, chiefly.
How would this place serve to further those ambitions? Sephoriah could scarcely guess. But she had disciplined herself to keep expectations suppressed, as well as her emotions about leaving her clan...her world...behind.

She drifted the concourses of the academy campus with a casual interest, tail flicking lazily along behind her.
She was, in fact, searching for someone in particular. A Phoenix, and in particular her roommate. As her winding course would have it, Sephoriah did not happen upon Marcilyn until she finally made her way to the dorm room to settle in her few belongings.
She hesitated for only a moment, forbearing most conventional means of greeting a peer in the 21st century, and instead gave a small incline of her magenta, horned head.
"Hello...Marcilyn, I presume? I'm Sephoriah, and it would seem we're roommates now. It's a pleasure to meet you."
She then made the decision to extend an impeccably groomed, sharply-nailed hand. Handshakes were a solid tradition from her era. It was pleasant to see some good things stay the same in the fickle humans' world. And Sephoriah found it unlikely that Marci would find the forms of greeting that typified succubus and incubus culture to be...well, appropriate.

M03M03 M03M03

Last edited:
The young genie nodded politely to Snow as she spoke away at her worries, listening in collected silence. She tried her best to understand where the girl was coming from with the bits about clan rankings. She knew next to nothing when it came to that and a bubble of worry began to float around in her stomach at the thought of one of the students treating her the way Snow had been. Had they meant to have been this way to Snow? Or was it all misunderstandings between them?

"I should have never thought to talk to a DRAGON."

That's what got her. She understood that quite well. Dragons. Aeri. Her next thought made her freeze. The bubble of worry in her stomach turned to ice before exploding into a thousand shards of mixed emotions.

Aeri's one of my roommates.

When Snow grabbed her hand to tug her along behind her, she'd forgotten that the girl had been speaking. She barely managed a smile and forced herself to raise her hand to wave back at Dro in friendly greeting as he passed by them. Though just as soon as Snow had spoken softly about being a friendless punching bag, a strong hand grabbed at her to pull her back. Sakari shrunk under the touch, all the terrible stories her mother had told her in warning about the Dragons and Sirens shrouding her thoughts.

How many of the others are Dragons? How many are Sirens? Is Martyr one of them, too? I don't know if I could handle being their roommate if that's true...

Realising it was just Leon who'd stopped her as she pulled Snow back with her didn't help her relax much. If Aeri didn't seem to like Snow very much, at least not at the moment, would that mean that Aeri wouldn't like her either? Would the girl attack her once she found out she's a genie?

When he spoke again, she barely mustered a nod to Leon's questions of them looking for their last group-mate, not fully comprehending the following conversation between him and Torrin. And she didn't much register the shouting for Evelyn much either.

How are Leon and Torrin so calm about this? A Dragon was just here! Don't they know what they've done to Genies? Leon's a Wolf, so shouldn't he at least know of the war, being so close to the Phoenixes? Will he do anything if Aeri upsets Snow again? Or if she comes after me? Are there any Phoenix students to keep the peace? Or do we have to rely on the faculty to spot trouble to stop it? What if Aeri finds another Dragon or even a Siren and they try to hurt my group because I'm here? What if there's another Genie here and they try to hurt them? What if I can't stop them? What if no one can stop them? What if this school only starts another war?

Sakari's mind was in a panic, her eyes alight with anxiety and fear as her grip tightened in Snow's hold. She knew so little of Hidden history, only a small portion of the past to go on to make choices for the future. She knew that the past was brutal and brought division and that the future was to be peaceful and bring unity. But what about now? She couldn't think of anything else but the lingering fear of going to her dorm room and spending the night in the same room as someone from a clan her mother had told her were coldblooded killers who wanted nothing but money and power and the best seat on the highest mountain. She also said not all the Dragons were like that, but she'd met very few in her time that had enough respect for Genies to even look at them.

What would Dad do in this situation?

When the newcomer approached, the last member of their group to be found, Sakari blinked and took a moment to assess herself. Evelyn seemed kind and had a similar confidence to Leon, something she lacked in this moment. After the girl's question, Sakari had regained a hold on her thoughts and did what her father would do.

She put on a brave face and smiled to her. "Not much! We're just introducing ourselves mostly," she replied, ignoring the dread at knowing they'd be heading inside for their rooms very soon after this. "I'm Sakari Hitkar-Bear. It's a pleasure to meet you, Evelyn!"

littleberry littleberry Duwang Duwang AGent87 AGent87 sophie. sophie.
Mentioned: EasternGhost EasternGhost Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 CallSign CallSign

Last edited:
Gotras winced as he felt the glob of soil and wet grass smack onto his head. The dirt splattered in different directions, sending wisps of mud and grass into the air. The genie girl was very clearly upset with Gotras given the circumstances, though at this point, Gotras was at the point of anger as well. Gotras scowled as the genie girl walked away with Lucy in her arms, and a snatched the mass of dirt from his head and threw it aside. He shook his head and ran his hands through hair trying to allow the dirt to escape.

What WE do to little children? You should've been there when I first met your kind... They showed me what little children are worth to you... What my clan was worth... All you people are the same, blaming the sons for the sins of their fathers...

Gotras gritted his teeth and let out a sharp sigh as he watched the stranger and Lucy disappear into the courtyard. He supposed it wasn't all bad however, he was now rid of the Succubus girl: Lucy. Not that he was eager to get away from her, Gotras actually enjoyed her company to an extent. It was like being with Asko and Kaldi again in the gardens of the estate. But, Lucy was implying some odd and simply unpleasant assumptions about his father's affairs. Gotras, though still unsure of what to make it, was happy to be away from that conversation. Gotras glanced up and noticed the sun was beginning to hang low ion the sky.

I suppose it's time to turn in... I still need to find my dorm...

Gotras sighed and looked back to the bulletin board. Gotras took a double take and realized he hadn't noticed something.

A third roommate? Teddy... Wonder what his story is... Honestly, I could go for a calmer conversation right now...

Gotras examined the board for a moment before finding his room number. Before long, Gotras was at the door of his dorm and, to his surprise, the door was already open. It was slightly ajar, and he could hear the sound of faint music playing inside the room. Gotras opened the door, finding a young male student with glasses sitting on one of the beds.

"Oh, hello," Gotras said. "You must be one of my roommates, my name's Gotras, Gotras Eldro."

"You wouldn't happen to be Teddy would you?" he said as he scratched his head. "Or maybe you're Leon, though, to be honest, you don't look much like a Leon..."

DrBones DrBones
Shining Wizard Shining Wizard
Zerohex Zerohex

Torrin was glad they were still outside. There was more open space for Leon's voice. It didn't have any walls or ceilings to bounce off of. She really needed to invest in a good set of ear plugs. It worked though, because a girl came trotting up a few moments later that looked like the picture for Evelyn. It seemed to snap Sakari out of her own little panic attack.
Torrin had to give herself a mental shake. This was one reason she that she didn't care to be around a lot of people. Too many emotions happening. It didn't use to be so bad. It use to be that she had a really good idea what someone's emotional state was, but in the past year, she had begun to actually feel them, the intensity of which was generally determined by how strongly the other person was feeling it. And right now, Snow and Sakari were broadcasting pretty hard. For the first time since meeting Leon, Torrin was genuinely grateful for his presence, if for no other reason than his overall surety and calmness.
It giggled her, though, that Leon had proclaimed himself team leader, and that the first thing Evelyn said when she came over was, “Team leader, huh? I’m sure we can discuss that later..” Torrin personally did not care as long as they could all work together. Evelyn seemed like a pretty cool peep though, and while her emotions weren't in the same realm of calm as Leon's, she was still pretty chill with a splash of giddy excitement, and that was something Torrin could absolutely understand.
Sakari was the first to introduce herself, and Torrin spoke after her. "Howdy! Name's Torrin!" She greeted with a grin while holding her hand out for a shake Having shook several people's hands (or arm), she felt fairly comfortable that this was a custom that carried through all people's, not just humans. Plus, it was a habit, and stopping herself from sticking a hand out in greeting to someone would require her to actually think about it, which is hard to do when her brain was busy telling her mouth to say hi.
Torrin proceeded to introduce everyone. "The loud blond guy here is Leon. He forgets he has an inside voice," Torrin joked, the corner of her lip quirking up in a smile. "You've met Sakari Hitkar-Bear here, who, let's be real, has a pretty wicked sounding name, at least to me. And then there's Snow, who might be needing some moral support. She's got that vamp chic as her roommate," Torrin explained. Her sensitive ears had picked up Snow's quiet comment about becoming a friendless punching bag, and that just didn't sit well with her.
Torrin got this far away look in her eye, forgetting to answer Evelyn's question about if she had missed anything. She was too busy comparing the things she was seeing here to the human world. It seemed to her that they weren't really that much different. It actually hit pretty close to home, considering the types of cases her mom defended as a lawyer. A wave of homesickness crashed over her, and she wondered if they would get a phone call, or whatever these people used for long-distance communication. Suddenly, she didn't really want to be around anyone.
"Hey, dude bros, I'm feeling pooped, I think I'ma go turn in, see y'all in the mornin', yeah?" Torrin said, her mood somewhat somber compared to earlier. She shot them all a little half smile and a wave as she wandered off to go find her room. And the showers. She was sick of smelling garlic. Also, food. She was starving.
As she made her way into building that housed their dorm, trying to divide her attention between reading the map and watching where she was going, she was distracted by shouting coming from one of the hallways.
"OI WUTEN TAR-NAC-IONS DUN DAT'THAR BOARD 'N SAVAGE TONGUE MEAN?"
Absentmindedly rubbing her growling stomach, she followed the noise to its source and was greeted by the sight of a person with actual green skin shouting while pounding on the walls with meaty fists.
What in the heck? How did I not see them before? Gawd my situational awareness sucks so bad.
"Um, hey there, my dude, can I help you with something?"

Duwang Duwang Kasime Kasime littleberry littleberry sophie. sophie.
Scion Scion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back