• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hidden; Main Thread IC {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Meanwhile, out at the track, Torrin was supremely glad she was not chosen to go first, and sincerely wished shouted, "Good luck, bro!" She leaned towards Snow and Evelyn as she watched Leon step onto the track. "How the heck are we supposed to fight a Phoenix? Or defend against one?" she whispered, sounding a tad frantic. "Like, I don't have any magic, not really, not against fire. I can run. I'm really good at running. I like running. I mean, I guess I could shift? I would be a lot faster that way. But if I'm an animal, I can't exactly shout 'Done', can I? So how would I let her know?" Y'all got any tips about this? Cuz I am all ears."

Torrin also took a moment to study all of her compatriots a tad more closely, now that she knew what each of them were. It made sense that Leon was a wolf. She wouldn't have assumed as much without evidence, but the teacher had called him a wolf prince, so he must be a wolf. Something still seemed a little off about him though, like maybe he wasn't quite so full of energy as he let on. She really hoped he would do ok. Of course, with his non-chalant confidence, he would probably settle for nothing less than his best.

She had already surmised that Snow was a witch on the bus ride here, so that wasn't a huge revelation. She bet that despite the girl's smaller size, she would be make a good showing of her abilities. She probably had all kinds of tricks to deal with fire.

Learning that Evelyn was an Elemental was cool, not that Torrin really knew anything about Elementals. She wondered what element Evelyn could control, and how useful it would be against the Phoenix. Water would probably be real handy right about now.

Duwang Duwang littleberry littleberry sophie. sophie.

Last edited:
Artemis

As Lucy flew over to safety, Madeleine declared the whole thing to be an illusion. I shrugged, deciding not to say anything. Instead, realizing that we apparently weren't supposed to use teamwork, I hopped down to the first patch of the land bridge. The only problem was the seemingly endless void beneath my feet. If I were, say, balancing on a tree branch in order to sleep, at least there is ground under me. That I was used to. A void? Not so much.
"Anything positive about a void?" I asked myself, balancing. Stress stress stress think stress stress stress positives stress stress stress stress. The fogginess in my head wasn't helpful, but I came to the conclusion that falling doesn't hurt, just the impact.
"So if it's endless, I'll just be falling. But no pain. Reassuring." I muttered, a little sarcastically. Despite that, the fogginess was starting to fade and my balance was improved. Letting out a soft sigh, I continued through the land bridges, hopping and leaping and climbing and whatever else was needed. Useful to have someone over there at the ending. Gives you something to follow.

littleberry littleberry
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Shining Wizard Shining Wizard
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight
Zerohex Zerohex

Last edited:
Evelyn sighed with slight relief as her instructor announced the order of fighting. She wouldn’t have to go first, which was great! The only problem was that she had zero experience fighting a Phoenix. Would electricity even hurt her? How hard can she hit her? The teenager silently wished she was able to harness storms, like the lightning elders back at home. Sadly, she was years away from achieving that.

She turned back towards Torrin. “Not gonna lie here, I have no idea. I’ve barely even met a Phoenix before, let alone sparred with one!” She searched through her brain for any old information on them. “I mean, I’ve read about them before; iron burns their skin... right?” In mythology the bird’s only weakness was iron. She knew nothing about the clan, but a little about the lore.

“I have no idea how shapeshifters work, so I don’t think I’m any help. Something that can overpower a bird?” She knew that her instructor wasn’t literally a bird, but it could have helped in a metaphorical way.

mentions:
littleberry littleberry
AGent87 AGent87

Ms. Aleva Bryning
Interacting with:
Snow Kindrick: @myself
Leon Adar: @Duwang
Torrin Sarenich: @AGent87
Evelyn Lemaighe:
@-sophie-
kE8w9Uo_odk7w3urjEMol2SenoHkUSzwDfboqkGk0f-XuE-GK8GSmOSwBP5tuLDF1QCCR0ZGJdS0bY-atAkGeIm0P7R6esVS14uJoPoodwmr-AzRjLyJbxMSKBVTtnH07INsLajn
Ms.Bryning looked at the wolf prince and smiled as he eagerly stepped up to the plate. It would be good for the others to see his failure or success. Failure would bring him closer to them, not just one of the big five clans but a fellow struggling teammate. Success would lift them all into wanting to achieve the same standard set by him.

“Okay then we shall begin.” Aleva whipped her hand over her head, transforming into her beautiful phoenix form. The bird shone with fiery golden light as she flew up into the air, overlooking the track and down at Leon. With a bellowing cry, she stretched her impressive wings, her tail fluttering in the wind. Her second battle cry let out a stream of fire heading straight towards Leon.

Her fire was not a heat seeking missile. It would hit the target she aimed for if that target did not move quickly enough. She would not try to seriously hurt the children but they should know to step out of the way fast enough, and like she said… she needed to see just how long they could keep on their toes.

Snow Kendrick
Interacting with: AGent87 AGent87 , sophie. sophie.
yui-komori-53825.jpg
Snow shrugged her shoulders, taking in the woman and her BEAUTIFUL phoenix transformation. “I… have no fricking clue Torrin. I know wolves have a natural defense against magic in their wolf form but if this i just to outrun it… then I guess don’t fight her just…. Run...really… fast?”

Snow was flabbergasted, her mouth almost wide open. “Maybe shift back and say done? I have no clue… all I know is… I am frickin TOAST. I didn’t think to bring any of my crystals or spell books… I th-thought it would be a like hey learn everyone’s name kinda day.” She turned to look at Evelyn as she spoke of Iron. “Wish we had some Iron huh?”

She looked back at Leon as he confidently walked onto the field without any of the nervous jitters the other three girls were feeling. “Guess he has an idea of how to survive huh? Maybe we can see what he does and… mimic it in our own way?”

The bleachers weren't very comfortable, but they made for a fine vantage point for viewing the whole gym. Hope gave Charlotte a wave in response to her greeting, her mouth a bit too full of food to manage a vocal response. She swallowed hard to finish off the last of the charred bread, chased it with the rest of her muffin, and turned her attention to the sparring match.

Hope was rooting for Charlotte, of course, but somewhere inside she was hoping that Ajax cleaner guy would put up an interesting fight. After all, even nerdy dragons were noble fighters! Clearly this would be a wonderful display of combat prowess on both sides.

But something seemed off. Charlotte didn't seem to be taking the fight - or more accurately, her opponent - seriously. She merely went through the motions of yoga stretches, paying little mind to the mute boy standing before her, powering up with some sort of artifacts. Did Charlotte know something Hope didn't? What made her so confident?

Hope blinked and nearly missed Ajax, prompted by amateurish posturing from the teacher and light jibes from Charlotte, rushed forward recklessly with a feint-somersault combo. Clearly Charlotte was feeling merciful, because Hope would've predicted where Ajax's head wound be mid-tumble and put her foot there forcefully. Instead, her friend merely watched the act, then dodged the follow up attack to counter with a groin shot. Hope winced. Her parents had ingrained in her that true combat had no rules and that using any advantage to win was a sign of a skilled fighter, so she didn't think poorly of Charlotte for using the move, but it did seem a bit much for a spar.

Which is why, when it became clear that Charlotte didn't intend to stop driving her knee into the mute (which took about fifteen consecutive strikes), she launched herself out of the bleachers toward the sparring mat. Fresh wood splinters rained down upon the gym as Hope literally leapt to Axus' rescue, destroying a fair chunk of the bleachers upon which she perched. Hope's tackle brought her straight at Charlotte's back, and the initial impact likely wouldn't do much good for Axus even with Charlotte as a cushion. She proceeded to attempt to separate the two, whispering to Charlotte, "You've already won. He's not worth more effort."

Scion Scion Hubub101 Hubub101 Fluffer Fluffer EasternGhost EasternGhost littleberry littleberry

"Well if you don't wanna do it then why are you here? Is the job market that bad?", was Teddy's legitimately curious reply to Sen. Far as he knew, few people really went into teaching if they didn't care for it, it wasn't exactly the most welcoming career if you weren't personally invested, and even teachers that had kinda given up on him weren't bad folks. Were things really, seriously that bad with the Hidden? Besides talk about clan duty and stuff like that didn't mean anything to him, he was just himself, and only cared about not dissapointing Miss Grizz. Still..."And wait wouldn't you be like, also "dishonoring" yourself if you ditched your job on the first day too?".

Subsequent events just raised more questions because this guy, whatever his name was, could definitely make himelf useful outside the school as some kinda high class gardener or working in natural reserves or something. It wasn't something that really impressed Teddy but he figured people would pay for it. And Teddy had started getting excited about the test because it sounded like something like a fight but no. No this wasn't a fight at all it was like some kinda Ninja Warrior thing, which wasn't as cool. And while he had no clue about illusions or that stuff, Teddy knew the school would be in the deepest of shits if they let any kid bite it. Surely not even this place could be so fucked as to let students die, right?

The course didn't look all that hard really, Teddy was pretty good with physical stuff, but as he did some preliminary motions to get started he saw the one girl just fly across. The kid settled down, looked around, and pointed a lone finger. "WELL AIN'T THAT KINDA LIKE CHEATIN?".

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight TeikiFox TeikiFox Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Shining Wizard Shining Wizard littleberry littleberry

Sephoriah approached the room in which her group was instructed to meet Poppy Dunford. She very much hoped that at least the instructors here were not discriminatory on race...she already had the sinking feeling that she had been alienated by the few people she had conversed with earlier that day.
But it was best not to leave this to chance, Sephoriah decided. Best first impressions always involved taking 'human' form. 'Normal'. More comfortable for others, which meant more advantageous for her.

So, with a brief concentration of her inner powers, Sephoriah's striking magenta skin turned a warm, human shade of pink. Her eyes were no longer orbs of glassy black, but rather sparkled a cool ocean green. The horns that spiraled from her skull were immaterially concealed, and soon the only visual aspect of Sephoriah's true succubus form that remained was the luxuriant black hair that hung almost to the small of her back.
Her outfit still worked so well...a black jacket open to a flattering green halter top, and subdued mint green pants to match.
Seconds later, she turned into the doorway and faced her waiting teacher.

"Miss Dunford."
Sephoriah offered her best smile, although sans magic...she figured that trying to charm the teacher on the first day of class was a potentially calamitous gamble...better not do that. Not yet. Hopefully I won't ever have to try...I want to shoot straight.

"So sorry for being tardy. I've tarried a bit too long trying to get to know my future classmates." Hopefully the excuse was vaguely acceptable. Feeling out the teacher's response would give an indication of how strict she is, at least, and maybe a bit of insight on her personality.
With a quick glance Sephoriah sized the girl up. She couldn't really discern what sort of Hidden she was, nor her age. She looked quite young, but such things could often be deceiving. Sephoriah herself, though being a century old was a relatively young representative of essentially immortal beings, looked to be in her early twenties.

Glancing around the classroom, Sephoriah found herself eagerly awaiting the arrival of her roommate Marcilyn. She felt that they had hit it off rather well, once they began realizing their common ground while setting up the room and its decorations. The phoenix girl, while young, seemed to be sensible...mature, or at least quite restrained in contrast to many of the other students she had observed. Sephoriah appreciated this...she inwardly felt quite out of place, being an ambitious acolyte amongst many others who were decades younger than she, and certainly acted like it.

littleberry littleberry
M03M03 M03M03

Last edited:
Already, his instructor transformed into her nonhuman form. Leon took it as a cue to do so himself, though refused. He was much more disciplined than that. Contrary to his appearance, Leon was actually quite bright and the elders taught him well. She wasn't too hard to read and from what he could gather, the instructor wanted to ease him into his wolf form, and this was a perfect opportunity.

When the first shot was fired, Leon was quick to dodge. Taking the earlier jog as a warm-up, Leon was more than ready enough to dodge any incoming attacks. The instructor was quick and precise, which was exactly what Leon had expected. Though Leon's human form wasn't quite as fast as his wolf form, it boasted some of its own advantages. The muscular build with different- limber in ways that the wolf form could not with much more mobile socket joints. His human form could sweat, meaning that the heat didn't bother him as much and he could dodge for much longer than in his wolf form. Also, without as much burnable fur, he was much less prone to catching on fire. Most importantly for his plan, however, was that Leon was capable of throwing things, which he obviously could not do in his other form.

Leon did not expect any of his teammates to notice this. After all, they lived among humans. To him, they were all practically just humans themselves, unable to appreciate their true magical nature. With that, he pointed victoriously at Ms. Bryning.

"YOU KNOW, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE TRYING SO HARD. YOU GOTTA FLAP THOSE WINGS AND SHOOT FIRE. I JUST GOTTA RUN. YOUR LIKE, JUST TIRING YOURSELF OUT. ONE OF MY TRIBAL ELDERS SAID THAT KEEPING YOUR FANGS SHARP WAS HOW YOU WON FIGHTS, AND WHEN YOU'RE IN THAT FORM, YOU DON'T HAVE TEETH. THEREFORE, I'M THE WINNER. LIKE, BY DEFAULT."

Torrin stared at the transformed Ms. Bryning, slackjawed. "Whoa.... That's- she's gorgeous." Her teacher was the first Phoenix she had ever met, and therefore the first she had ever seen in their true form. And she had done it so effortlessly! To say that Torrin was stunned, well. That would be a gross understatement. Recovering slightly, she whipped out her phone, double-checked that the flash was off, and snapped a couple of photos, one of them managing to catch the gout of flame as it left the Phoenix's beak. Today deserved commemorating. Then she finally turned her focus on Leon, wondering if he would shift as well.
Torrin was marginally disappointed when Blondie remained in his human form. Of course, being a wolf, he probably had that luxury. His human form was undoubtedly a lot stronger and faster than hers. In fact, watching him dodge the first attack, she was almost certain of it. Apparently, his success made him more confident, because he started talking smack. Torrin shook her head as she listened. That just was not cool. That was just rude and disrespectful. She felt some of the candor she felt towards the blond wolf drop a little. Her mama had taught her better manners than that, and Torrin was nothing if not a rule follower.
Evelyn and Snow were no help at all. Not that Torrin held that against them. It wouldn't be fair to expect them to have answers if she didn't have any herself, but the questions had been worth asking. Besides, they we're having their own issues trying to come up with their own issues.
When she heard them mention iron, though, Torrin took a knee and started rifling through her bag. "Ha!" She suddenly exclaimed, holding up a fork for the girls to see. "Don't ask, cuz I don't know why I have a fork in my bag, but as far as I know, it's made of steel, which is mostly iron. I mean, I dunno how you'd use it since she's flying right now, but you're welcome to borrow it. I don't have any crystals for you to borrow, though, Snow. Sorry. Oh!! Wait!" Torrin jumped to her feet and shoved her hand deep into her right pocket and pulled out a leather thong with a pinkish stone pendant. "My mom's witch friend lady gave me this. I guess it's got some kind of property or spell or something? I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention cuz I couldn't understand what she was talking about, and, well, she's kinda long-winded. It's some kind of quartz though. Would that help? Or does it have to be yours? Could you even use it on the fly? And I'm rambling again so I'm just gonna shut up now."
Torrin ducked her head sheepishly and went back to rummaging through her bag, looking for nothing in particular and pretending to reorganize everything. There really wasn't any rhyme or reason to how her bag was organized. Stuff just ended up there and stayed there for who knows how long. Like that fork. Why would she have a fork in her bag? So random. She just wanted to focus on anything but the run away freight train that was her mouth.
sophie. sophie. littleberry littleberry

Last edited:
As Ms. Bryning transformed into a phoenix, Evelyn gasped. “Wow, I didn’t think she would actually do that!” She sat there in awe for a few moments, zoning out a little. Her mind suddenly jerked back to the subject at hand, when Torrin mentioned she had a fork. Her eyes lit up with a sudden epiphany.

“Oh my gosh. Torrin, iron! I just recently learned to manipulate metals through electromagnetic energy! Can I use it?” If Evelyn could use the fork, she could use her abilities to hurl it at the Phoenix like telekinesis. Since it was only a fork, it wouldn’t hurt her advisor too much. The teenager didn’t want to do too much damage, or she would feel guilty for the rest of her life.

Watching Leon trashtalk his opponent saddened her, but she didn’t say anything. What was the tactic with that? She was a burning bird in the air, some anger wouldn’t effect her. She just hoped that his only plan wasn’t to yell at her until she got tired.

mentions:
AGent87 AGent87
Duwang Duwang
littleberry littleberry

Artemis
"WELL AIN'T THAT KINDA LIKE CHEATIN?" Teddy exclaimed. Startled, I jumped slightly, before grabbing back onto the piece of earth. I glanced around until I realized he was talking to Lucy. Sighing slightly, I glanced around again, seeing where I was in the process to get to the other side.
"How can you cheat with no rules? Unless.... there were rules?" I pondered this for a moment before shrugging. I doubt I'm breaking any rules.. Jumping a little ways and climbing up slightly, I saw the end to be not too far away. Jumping again, I hugged the wall before hauling myself up. Made it. Hope everyone else can, too.
littleberry littleberry
Shining Wizard Shining Wizard
Zerohex Zerohex
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Charlotte Paige Rhodes was in a zone, it was kind of nice to keep kneeing that nerd over and over again in the body. Sure it was no hunt, and like Hell this nerd was worthy of being hunted - or most kids at this school for that matter, but it was always good to relieve pent-up aggression of life by hitting things hard. Axus was, more or less, a functional stress ball to the vampiress. His squishy body took knees in a satisfying matter, the bruises, internal injuries, all of the sheer pain this creature would feel made Charlotte happy. In fact she in such a content state with the rhythm she didn't notice the veritable explosion of shrapnel from the bleachers.

Barreling through the air was her new friend Hope, valiantly charging with a most powerful tackle. Charlotte of course did not notice this, after all she was busy keeping a running tally of how many knees she had applied to the nerd. By the count of nineteen, the path Hope made was very clear. The dragon struck true and strong against the vampiress' back, who as soon as the action was applied let out a high pitched, well it was a mix between surprised shriek and deadpan confusion. "Whaa-?!~"

Crashing down against the mat and not quite processing her surroundings, Charlotte's body bounced a bit as she was firmly struck down by Hope. "Eeugh..." grumbled out Charlotte as she shook her head and began to push herself upwards. The vampiress blinked as she began to gain insight at what exactly happened, while Hope began separating the two which was clearly for the best.

Turning her head to the dragon and hearing her whisper, the vampiress first gave a stink-eye towards her friend for interrupting her on an improper number. Of course this was short lived as she recognized what the dragon had said to her, at that point the vampiress gave a smirk. She did not choose to respond in hushed tones like her friend, but rather she boomed out. "Like dayum straight! He totes would be super mega ultra dead if I got that last knee in, though like he was already super mega dead already." Charlotte paused for a beat as she blinked at Hope. "So uh, Hope, do you like play football? Cause like wowsies... People must've banned you from Powderpuff Football. Like oh by the by, you are totes like spotting me whenever we get to yanno, the actual gym and weights an' junk. OH, oh and what do you like to do to work out? As you could tell I enjoy doing UFC."

CallSign CallSign Hubub101 Hubub101 littleberry littleberry Fluffer Fluffer

Last edited:
Lucy looked over her shoulder to see who was screaming and ended up making eye contact with the lumpy face kid. Haughtily brushing her hair off her shoulders (and spattering swamp mud across the teacher's arm for good measure), she turned to face him. Chuckling, she flapped her wings and rose into the air in order to better look down her nose at the larger boy- really large, now that Lucy got a good look at him. She made sure to fly a little higher so she was out of easy reach, just to be safe.

"I'm simply using my god-given talents! If you're going to blame someone, blame your own parents for not being the right stock, okay?"

littleberry littleberry Zerohex Zerohex TeikiFox TeikiFox KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back