• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

/* ------ right side ------ */

as soon as they had their drink, they began to indulge in a bit of guilty people watching. it was fun, especially to see that cute blond imp who was nursing a mug of something hot, but their calm expression faltered when they saw some sleaze eyeing the table they were sitting at. alone. in a pretty outfit that, to men like him, practically screamed take me, i'm yours.

and so they stood, dusted off their outfit, and left a few bills where the empty glasses were. making their way back over to the bar, they took a vacant seat and said, twirling one end of their silk scarf—which had slipped down to their elbows—while entertaining their drink in the other, "would it be rude to ask what we're talking about tonight?"

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

/* ------ tabs ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

at the question of what they happened to be doing there that night, they clicked their tongue and took another slow, deliberate sip. "a friend dragged me here, told me i should have some fun since i'm off work for the next few days," they said as soon as they'd swallowed the drink, licking their lips. "then he went and ditched me to go suck face with a gorgon a few paces away."

with another sip, their attention went to their nails.

© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

"the gorgon's wearing some pretty blindfold, so there's no harm for ken," they shrugged as they took another slow sip, smiling prettily over the rim of their cup. "and hey, if that does happen, more room for me." their tone was completely joking—as cute as that gorgon was, he wasn't vinyl's type—and they made that obvious with a laugh—rarely ever heard from them, much less when they were sober—as they tilted their head. "so what brings you here, then?"

© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

they pouted at the scowl they were given, taking another sip of their sangria. "isn't that unfortunate," they hummed from around the rim of their glass. "no need to get all iffy at me. i was just asking." they shrugged prettily, examining their nails as they drew their eyes to two of the other patrons there. one was pretty, with black heeled boots and an expression that wasn't as lighthearted as her companion's, the guy with the boot-cut jeans.

© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

puffing up their cheeks slightly, they said, "don't know who you're talking about, but if you mean my undead friend and his new companion, then blame them for me being here in the first place. if you don't mean them, well...sorry, i guess. can't really help you there." their nonchalance was accompanied by a wave-down of the barkeep and an order for a peach bellini this time—they weren't going to get shitfaced with their little sister waiting for them at home.

© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

"ah. well, then i haven't a clue," they replied calmly as they thanked the barkeep with a sultry smile, one that was much easier to muster now that they were buzzed. doing a once-over for the two that sat there, they leaned over just slightly and whispered theatrically, "but they both come with incredibly attractive gaits, so i ask that you perhaps save the plans of their demise for another time." taking a sip of their new drink and turning their attention back to the warlock, they hummed.

"i never did get your name," they said, tilting their head slightly his way. "what was it again?"

© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

"zodan," they repeated, as if testing the name on their tongue. it seemed to have a pleasant taste, because they smiled slowly from around the rim of their glass and replied, "vinyl, but you can call me whatever you'd like." their slow smile began to drop as they lifted their free hand to unbutton the two top buttons of their blouse. "saints, it's hot in here," they grumbled softly, their voice kept under their breath as they took another sip of their drink.

© weldherwings.

Dr. Veli snickers as he overhears the wizard mention his fifth defeat. As far as the doctor was concerned, if you truly deserve to rule the world, you wouldn't need more than two attempts... three, at the most. He looks down at the card that was passed to him and reasoned that he really could use a better set of clothing, if not for style, then for safety.

He slips Kassidy's card into his breast pocket for safe keeping, only for it to fall out of the bottom through a huge hole. He then places it into his other pocket. As for the wizard's earlier critique, Veli reasons that he would plant a bomb inside the robot's chassis somewhere and detonate it if anything goes wrong. He doesn't speak up about this, since he figures that the wizard wouldn't really understand robots anyhow.

He takes another sip of his drink before deciding to talk to the tailor. With his glass in hand, he steps over to Kassidy and clears his throat. "Miss, I have access to any material known to science, and was already planning to make myself a fireproof suit in the future. But... I am also aware that science isn't all-encompassing. You otherworldly-types often think outside the box. My question is, what do you accept for payment?"

"you're not the only one who thinks that." Zodan says to vinyl before overhearing Dr veil snicker and deciding to set him on fire. "Now, where was I? Oh yeah! The heat! Hey barkeep! Another drink?"

Kassidy and Kelly both cut the warlock a look. "We're not 'brats', as you so eloquently put it. At least I'm not." responded Kassidy. Kelly chuckled. "I save the 'brat' shtick for the bedroom, sweetheart." stated Kelly.

The female spoke again. "My name is Kassidy, and this is my fraternal twin brother Kelly. We're basically lust demons, though I've retired from that line of work. I'm a tailor, now. I specialize in suits, dresses, and other assorted formal wear, but I also make a variety of other clothes by hand."

Kelly spoke next. "I'm still an active lust demon. High Succubus, second class..." he said, giving both Vinyl and Zoran a smile. "...Succubus meaning I suck the souls out of males. Its not just a female occupation, you see. At least not in our version of Hell."

He glanced to Vinyl, as they unbuttoned the top of their blouse. His white button up was already unbuttoned near his neck, and his long sleeves were rolled up to just beneath his elbows. "It takes a bit of getting used to, darling. Lucy likes it hot in here, I think. That or the booze is getting to you." he remarked. He then motioned to their scarf. "Love the scarf! And those nails of yours! I paint mine too." he said, before holding up his fingers to reveal black painted nails. "I also paint my horns too. Makes them stand out."

Kassidy glanced over to the mad scientist. "Oh, I personally accept standard hard currency. Gold and silver coin. Its a bit easier to come by for most. Gemstones too, but those usually get repurposed as parts of outfits."

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

they couldn't help the startled little giggles that escaped them as the doctor was set on fire. quickly lifting their glass to their lips to try and quell their amused smile—and avoid making any unwanted enemies that night—they murmured, "you've got the devil's own blood in you, zodan." and they took another sip, trying to let the heat cool down.

they turned their attention to the two demons that sat there as well. raising a slow brow, they replied, "darling, hm? that's a bit forward." they smiled at the compliments and said, "so flattering. thanks, though—your nails are gorgeous too, you have to help me do mine sometime." they set their glass down on the table and shifted so their body was facing the two demons. "kelly, was it? pretty name for a pretty demon." maybe it was the booze after all. they usually never spoke like that.

© weldherwings.

"I'll be sure to forget your names." Zodan smiles evily at the succubi, the news that there were alternate hells disturbed him, he had spent a fair share of time locked in a cell in his own worlds version of hell, inside the cell zodan was serenaded by cute creatures, unable to harm them because he was trapped in a cocoon with his head sticking out inside a cutesy peaceful landscape.

(OOC: While Zodan decided he would set the doctor on fire *at some point* I don't think he would actually commit to doing it here, since it violates the rules of the bar and would get him thrown out, per the OP)

"Hard currency... let's see..." he says, checking the pockets of his utility belt. "Damned critters back on Verdana don't use currency, they say it creates 'haves and have-nots' and all that nonsense," he mutters, throwing up air quotes with his free hand to punctuate his distaste. "Ah, here!" he finally says, pulling several huge, uncut gemstones out of his pouches. "You weren't here when I was explaining it earlier, but my planet has quite a lot of riches, deep below the surface. I'm in the business of hollowing it out," he adds with a bit of rotten pride.

"darling, hm? that's a bit forward."

"Apologies, if I offend! I use the term regularly, on and off the job." replied Kelly, holding up his hands before him slightly and waving them. "It tends to just slip out from time to time!"

As Vinyl spoke, Kelly listened in with a smile on his face. "I'd be more than happy to! I do the same with my sister from time to time, but she always manages to channel that inner artsy side of hers and just work circles around me." he said, in regards to nail painting.

When Vinyl finally shifted about entirely, facing them and speaking on Kelly's name and good looks, he smirked. "Thank you. My mother went through a bit of a phase a couple of centuries ago. And working in the late eighteen hundreds was... quite fun, really. All those rough, handsome cowboys..." His voice trailed off, as he bit the corner of his lip slightly, but he soon the conversation to something less work related. "Some parts of it stuck with me. Like the boots and jeans! The sharp spurs actually help with work sometimes. Honestly, though, I just like to hear them go clink clink clink when I walk!"

He then shifted the conversation around. "So, tell me about you! You seem like quite the interesting person, and I shouldn't make the whole convo about me after all.~" he said, clasping his hands together as he returned to propping on the bar.

Kassidy, meanwhile, eyed the bags of gemstones that the doctor drew from his belt. She had learned quite a long time ago to not question where the money came from. A lesson from her life as a lust demon. "A bag would cover practically all the expenses of replacing your outfit. Several bags would cover any custom orders you might have going forward. I'd need measurements, though." she stated, motioning a finger up and down at Dr.Veli.

Last edited:

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

they smiled then, laughing breathlessly, "oh, it's not a problem at all. by all means, do keep calling me that." they hummed as they spared a glance over to their drink, which had a shimmer to it not unlike the starlight they could pluck clean from the sky—the very thing that earned them a job as a barista, making magical concoctions in their little underground cafe.

"oh, i can just imagine," they said in response to kelly's words that sounded a bit more infatuated than they should've. in all honesty, they weren't too keen on the idea of cowboys, but kelly's enthusiasm kept their attention piqued. "it is a pretty sound, no? i can see how it'd grow on a person." they flipped a strand of dark hair from where it had fallen over their shoulder as kelly mentioned vinyl talking about themself instead.

"about little ol' me? am i really that interesting to you?" they hummed, their voice more a tease than a genuine question as they sat up and crossed their arms under their chest, leaning on the table and leaving their drink in front of them. "well, if you really must know, i come from a town where the streets were colorful and the rooftops were shaped like the prettiest mushroom caps i'd ever seen. unfortunately, my little sister and i had to move away, but maybe it was for the better." they shrugged prettily, the neckline of their unbuttoned blouse slipping lower.

"ahh, i don't want to get into too many emotional things tonight. that's not what i came here for, and it'd scare aurelie half to death if i came home in tears," they laughed it off easily, waving their hand as if dismissing the topic completely. picking up their glass and taking a long, slow sip, they set it back down and said, "here's something you can know, if you must. i enjoy long naps and short engagements, and i prefer the left side of the bed."

that was accompanied with a sweet smile around the rim of their glass and another slow sip of their bellini. saints, was this all it took to loosen them up?

© weldherwings.

(OOC:that's assuming zodan gets caught)
(He will. Owner sees all in the bar. Big perk for owning the pocket dimension.)
Jazz!~You're looking as handsome as ever. How've you been?"
Jazuzu stopped vetting the patrons for a few seconds to turn his massive head towards Kelly. The wrath demon slightly lifted his hand to acknowledge the succubus and give him a half wave. Though the frown didn't disappear.

"Don't mind Jazz too much." Lucy spoke as she reached for the bottle from earlier "I had to talk with him on the fundamentals of not trying to bust someone's head open when throwing them out. He's stewing from it ever since. Which reminds me." She served the demons their drinks "Kassidy dear, I require some more suits. The boys get themselves into a mess when they throw out someone." While the others talk, she gestures to Precila to prepare drinks for those who are still waiting on theirs. If she wanted the tips she'd have to earn them.

Harry was just glad that his customers weren't the rowdy adventurers this time around.
"So what gives fellas? Why give up on the action?"

Zodan returns from the bathroom, "can somebody turn on the music?" He asked.

"That's what I wanna know" suddenly a jester appears in the bar, his name is Pandemon, and he is a lord of chaos.

Attachments

• _pdp_sq_.jpeg
    _pdp_sq_.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back