• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
Making your way in the world today takes everything you got and taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. But for now all I have is this bar.-Jim, a regular
Title.png

The Helldiver is a bar located in its own pocket in space and time. Despite its isolationist nature of existence, it's doors lead to anywhere and everywhere should the person using them will it. How it works is anyone's guess. The only person with any knowledge of the inner workings is the owner, Lucy and she's more preoccupied with running the place and delivering for her patrons. Who are they? Well it depends on whoever finds the previously mentioned doors. Maybe its a powerful mage, a genius scientist or just some random bloke who poked his nose in. But it doesn't really matter who or what you are to Lucy. As long as you have the cash to spend on what's in stock, you're welcome to stay. Just don't break the 3 rules. Don't start fights, don't make a huge mess and don't fuck with Lucy!

RULES AND GUIDELINES
0. Follow the rules of RPN.
1. Be excellent to each other.
2. There are relaxed rules on just how powerful your character can be, but in the end of the day they're in a space where that power is mitigated by the owner of the bar. Keep that in mind.
3. The RP is meant to be a more casual experience. As such you're not obligated to be constantly available and may need to drop out for whatever reason. You can also pick things back up should you want to get back into things. Feel free to change characters if you feel like the current one isn't working out.
4. As the intro suggests, this is going to be a non-combat RP, unless I deem a change for a special event of some kind. So expect your character to get thrown out if they get rowdy.
5. As GM, I have the right to change things around if I think its needed. I will make sure to inform you beforehand so it won't be a surprise.
6.NPCs are there to help provide the services you'd expect a bar to have and a way for me to break the ice a bit should you need it outside of interacting with other players.
7.The nature of the RP's setting should allow for the thread to remain open for people who want to join in, so if you're curious feel free to do so! All I ask is that you just post in the recruitment thread or shoot me a DM.
8. As for character creation, you can just enter with a pre-existing character you may have on hand if you can't think of a new one right now.

And with that, lets start.

INTRO

"You're late!" Harry yelled from under the bar as Precila walked through the staff door. The young woman froze for a few seconds and looked at her colleague wondering if he was joking or not. Hard to tell given his lack of any facial features. The skeletal bartender stood upright after he found what he was looking for. A bottle of liquid, presumably some form of alcohol given his profession, but covered with text in an unknown language. A second later he popped the cork out and pretended to smell the contents. "Does this smell weird to you?"

"Harry, I'm not..." her objection was cut short as he shoved the bottleneck under her nose, triggering a gag reflex. Precila reached for the sink behind them in desperation to stop the dry heaving.

"Hmm, yeah this stuff isn't for mortals then." He shrugged and placed it on the counter.

"What...what the hell is that?" She finally got it together to ask and look at him with a slight hint of murder in her eyes.

"No idea." Harry shrugged again "Boss ordered a crate of the stuff last week and it just came in by imp currier. Little bastard wanted 30% tip, can you believe that?"

"Imp currier?" She was shocked "Harry that's Hell booze!"

"Ah, you're learning." He raised a hand and pointed to her approvingly.

"Its toxic to mortals, bonehead!"

"I had to test to see how strong it was somehow. I can't read this text." He pointed to the bottle "Its in some old abyssal script."

Precila was grabbed him by the collar to pull him closer to give him an earful when she heard the footsteps of someone coming in. As the noise neared she could also make out the distinct clacking of heels along with the heavy footsteps. The boss was here, so Harry would have to wait.

"Ah, I see you're just on time to open up." Lucy seemed in a good mood today as she walked to the counter and grabbed the bottle Harry had left on the counter and observed it for a few seconds. "Harry" Her smile twisted into a slight frown "Where's the cork?" The skeleton carefully placed it on the counter and let the demon pick it up. "You weren't drinking from this, right?"

"N-no ma'am!"

"Good, because it would shatter your soul and turn her insides into mulch." she placed the cork back on the bottleneck "This is high class stuff you know. Straight from the Lake of Sorrow."

"Oh...those are..."

"Fermented tears of the damned, yes." Lucy moved behind the counter and placed the bottle on the top shelf "Serve only to big clients from old blood or that are really far gone." After giving her instructions, the boss turned to the large man that came with her. Jazuzu, one of the bouncers. "Jazz, be a dear and get the door. We have regulars to serve and I have a few new doorways ready to open." The huge demon let out a grunt and turned around.

"We're expanding, boss?"

"You guessed it!" Jazuzu already opened the door for the regular crowd and stood in his place while they were talking. "Got my hands on a few more waystones from the black market. So we're in for a few new faces."

The regular crowd was already filtering in. Precila and Harry saw Jim and Dr. Corg among the faces making their way to them. Of course a menacing figure of a demon manifested itself. Xrithin, the soul drinker was once again there to bother Lucy.

"Greetings Lucifaria. I come to..."

"Answer is no, Xrithin!"

"Very well. I shall take my usual then." Harry shook his head. Every day the same with this guy. The bartender did his job with finesse however. He picked out the bottles and 'fruit' for the cocktail and started to shake and stir. He freed up one hand to reach and grab a tall glass to pour the contents in. The light green liquid began to bubble, but there was one last part of the puzzle. Harry reached for a box under the counter and plucked a small round object from it and dropped it in the cocktail. Once inside the color turned from green to orange and the bubbling intensified. Harry made a mental note. 'That soul wasn't going to heaven anytime soon.' Xrithin dropped a few coins on the counter, took his drink and walked away. Or floated. He moved really smoothly.

That was as usual, the first customer. Orlo joined Jazuzu on bouncer duty and started vetting the crowd. Lucy was still behind the counter with her bartenders as a 'morale boost'. The ritual to open new doorways was complete and she wanted to see who would be the first ones in. All they needed now was to wait and see what new faces might join the scene.

Last edited:
From a world of bountiful, natural splendor known as Verdana, in walks Dr. Mach E. Veli, master of gadgets, scion of schemes, genius extraordinaire- fresh from his most recent defeat at the hands of Hiro the Extreme Hamster. He scans the room with a critical eye, pausing only briefly on the demonic and undead. This would not be his first rodeo in another dimension (or else, how could he even call himself a scientist?), but it was his first in this particular neck of the multiverse, and seeing as it was home to a rather well-stocked bar, it seemed like a nice escape from his usual busy schedule. He steps up to the bar and bows his head as a show of respect to the proprietors, a few flakes of soot falling out of his white, unkempt hair and moustache.

"Can an old man have a stiff drink to drown his woes?" he asks.

Harry nudged Precila to take the new patron. She looked at the old man and froze for a second. What the hell happened to him? She snapped out of it and grabbed something from the shelf behind her. Vodka. That's always a nice choice.

"Here you go, sir...?" Precila asked while she poured him a glass.

The doctor sits down on a barstool and smiles, his teeth yellow and a bit crooked. "The name is Dr. Veli, Miss. As you probably guessed from this labcoat, I'm a scientist- the smartest man on planet Verdana, and soon, the most powerful as well." He takes a ginger sip of the vodka and smiles again. "And you?"

"Call me Precila." She answered quickly while grabbing a rag in order to wipe away any droplets of vodka "I did wonder if you were a doctor, with that coat and all. Loads of people walk in with those and half of them aren't really doctors of anything. But you're the real deal with goggles and ash covered hair. What happened, doc?"

And just then, from the realm of Oqerat, home to a bunch of creatures out of D&D, in walks Zodan the wicked, king of monsters, master of the infamous tower of doom, having barely escaped getting killed and his body parts torn asunder again. He briefly looks around the room, seeing a bunch of undead and demons, he was familiar with both, as he had summoned groups of both during his conquests "give me your strongest stuff." The wizard intones to precila.

Veli gives a melancholic sigh. "Here," he says, twisting the rim of what had appeared to be a watch on his wrist. Instead, a hologram appears in the air above, showing a sparkling, opalescent orb, "you can see the Spheres of Verdana, objects of great power- seven in all. I was gathering them up to power my doomsday drill, which would have allowed me to tunnel deep into the planet's core, where incalculable riches reside. Of course, the act of getting there would have destroyed the environment, but frankly, I find plants and animals rather weak and useless in the first place. Now machines, they... well, that's another discussion."

He takes another sip of his drink and scowls. "Then, that hamster showed up and ruined my schemes. Oh... I hate him. Him and his little animal friends stole the Spheres away from me, and gathered them all up themselves. So, I brought out my ultimate weapon - the Veli-Copter - and fought him, one-on-one. But that damned hamster was too powerful and he ripped my machine to shreds! I would have had to suffer the indignity of apologizing and begging for mercy to him. Never! I opened a portal to another dimension - this dimension - and fled from the scene. He probably thinks I was killed in the Veli-Copter's destruction, but I'll be back, and I'll have my revenge!"

He raises his glass as if to offer a toast to himself before erupting in evil laughter.
"Give me your strongest stuff. The wizard intones to Pricilla.

As if a switch had been flipped, Dr. Veli suddenly calms down and sits back on his stool, nursing his drink.

"you? Bested by a hamster? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Zodan laughs at Dr veils misfortune "that's almost as hilarious as being beaten by a little boy with an arm cannon or a hedgehog with a need for speed." The dark wizard says "you may call me zodan." The wizard says with a slasher smile on his face.

Dr. Veli looks as if he's been slapped by Zodan's comments. "Or," he replies, "I could call you asshole. A hedgehog?" he echoes. "That's just ridiculous. But enough about me. I'd love to hear your story."

Precila stands in awe as the good doctor shares more details about himself. Doomsday drills and helicopter battles with hamsters. What world did Lucy door open up to? She would say something, but the other new patron made his own grand entrance. This one having a bit more flair to him. And an attitude.

"Strongest stuff, sure." She looked for a second towards the bottle from earlier only for Harry to give her the signal not to even think about it. He had a point. No telling if this guy could even afford it. So the Toxic cavern it is! She started mixing the drink while the two men were having their conversation and would eventually pour out a light orange mixture into Zordan's glass.

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

/* ------ right side ------ */

vinyl puffed a slow sigh through pouty lips as they looked around, looking around with lazy eyes. aurelie, their little sister, was all tucked in for bed, and they were free of appointments for the next few days, and so they had nothing better to do. a client of theirs, some undead vampire of sorts who wanted them to mend a nasty tear in the back and sleeve of their horrendously orange jacket and hadn't stopped coming by since, had recommended bar hopping and had dragged them to this bar before ditching them to go suck face with some gorgon.

whatever.

they toyed with the edge of their sleeve as they looked around, dark hair falling in front of their eyes as they took a seat on a lounge chair that seemed to sink into them, which was a welcome comfort. just because they enjoyed sleeping on the most unconventional surfaces didn't mean they were exactly comfortable when they woke up.

they risked a glance over to where their friend had gone, only to look away immediately when they noticed his tongue down the gorgon's throat. quickly turning their attention to the pretty centerpiece—shaped like a psychic's orb, how cute—they rested their head on the back of the circular lounge chair and looked around boredly, deciding to stick with people watching for the time being.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

"very well, I was sending out hordes of monsters to conquer the entire world and rule everything." The wizard scowls "until that accursed elven knight. And that accursed barbarian and that human wizard showed up and ruined everything!" Lightning shot out of his hand "Eventually i confronted them in my throne room on the highest floor of the tower of doom but they were too strong! I immediately casted a dark spell that would incapacitate them long enough for me to make my escape, and as a safety measure I collapsed the tower on top of them!" Zodan laughs wickedly

It wasn't long before a deep red, circular portal opened. A little over seven feet tall and opaque in appearance, the surface's multitude of ripples flattened out over a few seconds until it was as smooth as the surface of glass. Then, a pair of legs disturbed the plane as they emerged, forcing more ripples to pass across the surface. One was feminine, wearing what appeared to be a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and black heeled boots. The other belonged to a male, wearing boot cut, lighter colored jeans and black cowboy boots (complete with spurs.)

It was soon revealed as to what those legs were attached to, as the rest of their bodies also emerged from the portal. It was a pair of demons, whom were in mid conversation with one another as they emerged. "So about a minute into things, he drops. Dead. Heart attack! Guess I was too much for his big ol' heart to take." said the male, shaking his head afterwards with a smile on his face.

The female frowned slightly. "I imagine that mom dropped quite a lot of paperwork on you." she said, cocking an eyebrow. "Clients dying before the deed is done is a big deal, you know."

He sighed. "Yep. You know exactly how mother is. Any time a Reaper is called in, there's a mountain of paperwork. Sensitive agreements and such with Heaven and the Reaper Corps."

The female nodded. "A saving grace. Last issue we had with Heaven resulted in several Lust demons losing their lives. The paperwork is just us getting our ducks in a row."

A moment later, they finally realized they had arrived. The male chuckled. "Silly me, I keep forgetting portal travel is instantaneous." he said, rubbing his neck. "Hey, Lucy! Kassidy and Kelly, back again. We're becoming regulars, I think."

Last edited:
1646867446102.png

Jak and Daxter

Daxter hopped off Jak's shoulder as he pushed the door in "Huh? Helldivers? Nice name for a Bar. But still can't beat the name I came up with, huh." Jak looked over at Daxter and smacked him lightly
"Be cautious, can't go around spilling info about your bar to just anyone you know. We don't know who's here."

Daxter smirked "Don't worry yourself Jak, buddy I know what i'm gettin' myself into.." as he climbs up to a seat and sits on a bench and Jak sits on the seat next to him as the ottsel climbed on the bar "Two, one for me, one for my friend here."

Dr. Veli listens to Zodan tell his tale, looking rather unimpressed. Hoards of monsters? Tower of Doom? With lightning shooting out of his hands, Zodan was clearly some kind of powerful wizard, but Veli had gone his whole life without magic powers and had achieved similar results. In fact, with a little tinkering, he could probably turn his wrist computer into some kind of taser device...

His train of thought is interrupted by several new people entering the bar. Well, four people and one talking animal. Veli's expression turns from bored to sour. "Sounds like we're both facing some 'obstacles' on the path to world domination. So, what's your next move, then, Zodan? I'm thinking I'll try building a robot doppelganger of my enemy, equal to him in every regard. Then, while they fight, I'll gather the Spheres for myself."

"You really should reconsider your father's offer, Lucifaria." The demon spoke as he sipped from his glass.

"You really should shut up before I have Jazz throw you out." she hissed back

"Phah! The beast's blood is bound by your father, his lord, to not lay a finger on any member of his house." he sneered at her.

"Orlo will do it then." Lucy ignored the underling for now and was more pre-occupied with looking at her nails, then she heard the familiar voices of two other demons.
Hey, Lucy! Kassidy and Kelly, back again. We're becoming regulars, I think.
"Darlings!" she exclaimed as she saw them "Welcome back to the Helldiver, I just had Harry stock up on some new brews. Come in, sit and enjoy yourselves."

Harry relaxed as his boss was distracted. But his attention was instantly diverted to the small talking...rodent (?) asking for booze. The skeleton shrugged and pours the gentlemen two beers. At least he assumed they would like some beers. Rough adventure looking types.

"You boys are new here. How'd you find the place?"

Zodan listens to Dr veil and isn't impressed with his plan "and what will you do if this doppelganger tries to overthrow you? Oh wait! I already know! Lay down and die! as for my next move, Im thinking I'll try and summon powerful entities to crush my enemies, and once the three heroes have been flattened, probably taking the entities with them I'll rule the entire world!" Zodan drinks the toxic cavern in one gulp and laughs maniacally.

1646870017537.png

Jak looked up and blinked as the bartender here was a walking skeleton named Harry. He actually shrugged it off and looked over at Harry. "Multiverses are hard to pick out, we just happened to be traveling and here we are. Doesn't happen very often though. He took one slug of beer and nodded.

"I'm Jak or Mar,
this is Daxter."

"Though we are just odd jobbers now, heroing gigs had ended a while ago."

Attachments

• 1646870017398.png
    1646870017398.png
    290.9 KB · Views: 0

Daxter raised an eyebrow "Don't worry, we aren't heroes no more, pal. Just doing whatever the hell we want. "

Jak rolled his eyes and sighed, today wasn't turning out good. "Excuse my pal, here."

He just sat to drink his own beer calmly.​

Daxter hissed as Jak held him back "Otter?! OTTER? I'm a Ottsel, get it right!"

Jak sighed "Daxter, stop it."

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

/* ------ right side ------ */

looking around, they waved down a barkeep and said, "one rose sangria, if you will." they forced a sly smile, letting the sleeve of the scarf they wore around their shoulders slip down their arm. perhaps they should have worn something with a plunging neckline instead—not that they made many of those; it might have gotten them a free drink and some fun to go along with it.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

"Darlings! Welcome back to the Helldiver, I just had Harry stock up on some new brews. Come in, sit and enjoy yourselves."

"Just what we intended!~" said Kelly, his voice trailing off in a sort of sing-songish tone. Kassidy, meanwhile, simply looked about at the other patrons. New faces, from new places. And some old ones, of course. Can't forget the true regulars.

A swift stroll across the room found the pair of demons at the bar, Kassidy mounting one of the bar stools. Kelly remained standing, leaned against the bar itself with his elbow holding himself up. "I'll have whatever my lovely sister here is having." he stated in Harry's direction, with a grin.

Kassidy cut him a look. "...And what if its something that would knock a wrath demon on their ass?" she asked, a hint of a smirk appearing on her face as her eyes narrowed.

Kelly's grin faded slightly. Oh, right, she drinks with them. Time to change plans. He wasn't getting shitfaced tonight. "H-Heh, right. Scratch that. I'll have a Cosmopolitan please." he soon stated, as the smirk on Kassidy's face stretched into a sly smile.

"I thought so." said Kassidy afterwards, before turning her gaze to Harry. "Give me one of the new brews. One of the harder ones, preferably."

As Kassidy ordered, Kelly turned his attention to the others. An 'elf' with a talking otter, a mad scientist, a wizard or warlock of some sort. An unusual bunch, but this was an unusual bar. Right in between all the other important places. A metaphorical crossroads... not that particular crossroads, though. Only the head honcho of Hell dealt with that particular place. At least their Hell. There's a plethora of Hells, it seemed. Some cool, others not so much.

There was a cutie in one of the booths, too. Seemingly disinterested with the pair with them and ordering a rose sangria. He'd put a pin in that one. They seemed like fun, judging from their attire. Kelly soon turned their attention to Jazuzu. "Jazz!~" he called out, his grin returning. "You're looking as handsome as ever. How've you been?"

Kassidy, meanwhile, had redirected her attention after ordering to the conversations happening nearby. The warlock having an argument with the otter, and a scientist who looked as though he had been right next to an explosion of some sort. A chance to make a new client, really, judging by how scorched his outfit was.

She reached into her back pocket, drawing out a black card, and offered it to Precila. "Could you be a dear and give this to our scientist friend? I think he may need a tailor." she said. The card's onyx black coloring was disrupted by remarkably detailed print. 'Kassidy's Tailoring Boutique', the letters etched in pure silver, with an oddly long phone number beneath it as well as details regarding a summoning ritual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back