• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Haunting of...an Interest Check

SunnyA

Magic Eight Ball
Hello, there.

I've been browsing a couple websites to find what I'm looking for, but so far I haven't stumbled upon it, so I figured I would make my own search thread.

I recently finished both of the completed stories under "The Haunting Of..." anthology and I am looking to work on a...sort of "fannon" addition to the series, perhaps playing on the idea of haunted people (rather than haunted properties). The "haunted" location would bring the characters' haunts to life. One person I have brainstormed with described this as "amplifying their own minds," and I think that's quite an apt description, so I suppose I'll use it.

I don't have all of the details ironed out, yet. What I know is that the location is on a private island, possibly in a mansion that's slowly being renovated into a hotel (but of course, nothing is finished due to the "haunting" activity) by a rich person who bought the island with the intention of making it a profitable vacation getaway. When I originally came up with the idea, I had intended that maybe the location has a will of its own and could have invited them into it with whatever would motivate them (if you're familiar with the Silent Hill franchise, particularly the second game, it would be something like that). The other idea I have tossed around in brainstorming is that maybe the owner of island requested some certain paranormal investigators (who, theoretically, have never met each other) to come to the island and figure out what's halting the construction in a last-ditch effort to save their money-making venture.

As for the villain of the story, I have been thinking of blending the "paranormal" villain with a natural (human) villain. Maybe a close friend of the island owner who has a bone to pick with both the owner and everyone else there. It's not a very developed idea and I may end up scrapping it, but I wanted to put it out there in case someone reading this might come across that and help me make it into something great.

It's not exactly necessary that anyone who's interested is intimately familiar with the anthology, though it's somewhat preferable since it might be cool to have some tie-ins with the other parts of the series, especially Bly Manor. I know Bly Manor wasn't everyone's cup of tea, a lot of people who loved Hill House just weren't fond of it.

Personally, I would prefer to keep the anthology style of using the same face claims (actors) for the characters, but I have no will to impose/enforce that on anyone else. Anthologies also tend to get new and different actors in each season, too, so there's that.

I would love to include some romance, I suppose it's not a deal breaker. I do have a slight preference for f// (what with me being a lesbian), but I'm not turned off to hetero pairings and m// couples need more representation, too.

Due to the nature of the roleplay, I am open to a group if there are enough people interested. Generally, I prefer one on ones because they're more contained, but I admit there might be some advantages to including three or more writers on the project. In other words, I'm not sold either way. It's going to depend on how much interest I get.

I will look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back