Other The Happiness Thread! :D

This thread makes me happy ^33^ You are all wonderful people and the site wouldn't be the same without you!

Oki doki, so I was tagged in this a while ago (sorry Daisie Daisie ). So, I guess I'll get started.
1. I am thankful for my chosen family, who constantly teach me new things about myself while at the same showing me more love and affection than I thought was possible.
2. I'm thankful for Markiplier (as well as teamiplier) and Jacksepticeye (which sounds a bit lame, but they're the light of my life).
3. I'm thankful for my friends, who put up with my incessant rambling.
4. I'm thankful for music (cause it's a good).
5. I'm thankful for this website and also the internet ^^
6. Tea! Tea is good.
7. Books. Books are good.
8. And pjs. Pjs are good.
So yeah.

2. I'm thankful for Markiplier (as well as teamiplier) and Jacksepticeye (which sounds a bit lame, but they're the light of my life).
I totally get you, Mark and Jack are amazing people who have personally inspired me a LOT. Jack being the inspiration this year to stay positive, and Mark being the inspiration to actually believe that I can make something amazing of my life.

I totally get you, Mark and Jack are amazing people who have personally inspired me a LOT. Jack being the inspiration this year to stay positive, and Mark being the inspiration to actually believe that I can make something amazing of my life.
Same to be honest. They both also really helped me through some pretty rough patches, so I appreciate them both a lot.

I'm glad I saw this thread, sometimes I really just need to sit down and make lists like this, haha. I am such a bad pessimist lol.

I am thankful for being born in a country where there is widespread access to education because knowledge really is power.

I am thankful I have a computer and access to the internet. There's a lot of people who don't have that privilege.

I am thankful for language and writing and all the ways it empowers us.

I am thankful for dogs. Their hearts are just so full of warmth and loyalty.

I am thankful for strangers who ask if you're okay when you break down in tears in a public bathroom (people really do care so much, it's sobering). Sometimes you hear about everything bad going on in the world and you wonder how people can be so cruel and terrible, but there's so many that are full of love.

I am thankful for humans, silly and stupid, mean and nice, happy and sad. People are so beautiful.

Welp. Imma try to make a list every day. Or close to. Because I think this is a good reminder to myself to stay positive! ^^
So here's yet another Daily Dose of Positivity!

1. Flowers! I'm thankful for flowers, and all the beautiful smells and colors and shapes they come in. Looking at the hyacinth in my room right now. :)
2. I'm happy to have slept last night. Again. Feels good!
3. I'm very thankful for my RP partner and the wonderful world we have developed together. I love all of our characters so much! <3
4. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I'm grateful to have my kitty! He's such a sweetie! :3 He sleeps next to my legs every night, and it's so nice to wake up with a warm little furball sleeping next to me.
5. I'm thankful for music!! And my surround sound system. And the days when I'm home alone and can blast my music. :horns:
6. Video games! Undertale, Zelda, Rune Factory, Animal Crossing, Pokemon: PMD.... So many awesome worlds to explore!

This is such a nice thread, it's cute to see what everyone is appreciative of, so so coot.

What am I thankful for? Books. I love them so much and I enjoy reading with a passion like no other.
Also space
Also the ocean
Also huge, pastel sweaters
Also leather jackets
Also fucking candles because holy fuck they're so relaxing!

Ahhahaha, guess I'd better make a list, myself. Can't just get away with mentioning everyone and lurking, can I? ^^' this is gonna be so sappy, so.. Fair warning.

I'm unbelievably, inconceivably thankful for the family I have. My mother and father are seriously such wise and understanding people. They have a lot of knowledge that I just don't have yet, and they're always willing to try and give me unbiased advice to the best of their capabilities. They're honest, even if they know it's going to hurt a bit, and looking around at some of the parents out there, today, who don't seem to actually want to raise their children... It's amazing to see myself in such a loving family who is actually proud of me. And I can be proud of them, too. I wouldn't want to live under any other care. I could never part with them.

I'm so incredibly thankful for the family I've made. I'm the type of person that just... Doesn't make friends. When I meet someone I feel comfortable around and can laugh with, talk to, and cry with, I put myself forward with 110% of my strength. I give them more than I take, which I can see as both a positive and negative trait. But I don't make friends, as I said. I make family. The family I've made are all so caring towards me, and kind, and understanding... Even when I'm not feeling their enthusiasm, they keep trying. Which I can tell from experience is an undeniably difficult thing to do. And seeing them put so much care and concern into my well being... It makes me want to give just as much back to them. We have each others' backs through thick and thin. Even if all we need is to crack a smile. I'm forever in debt to those I love, and as I see them strive over the toughest obstacles, I'm so unbelievably proud of them.

I'm thankful for this wonderful world we live in. A lot of people, myself included, look around today and see absolute chaos. And it's the hard truth. Things are going to crap very, very quickly. But if you take the time to actually stop yourself from becoming distracted by the bad, and you take a closer look, you can see that we're all only human. Every single person in this world has their own completely separate life; their own struggles, and their own hardships, and their own insurmountable odds. I wish I could know them. I wish I could know every single one of them. And I wish I could help them, but I can't. And when you look around at the chaos, and you see all these people, you can't help but notice how many of them are people just like you, flying through life by the seat of their pants, trying to discover who they are and become the better version of themselves. You can't say that everyone is good or bad, but you can say that they're trying. And that is an amazing thought.

I'm so thankful for my role models, and the people I look up to and dream to be like. The people who inspire me. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Markiplier and Jacksepticeye are big ones. Which may sound odd. And maybe it is! Everyone finds inspiration in their own, weird, and quirky ways, and there isn't a single thing wrong with that. I personally decided to change my life just a little bit for the better because of a video game. Either way, Seán and Mark are great people. I may not always agree with everything they say, but that doesn't stop me from looking up to them with wonder and inspiration. Seán, this year, has helped me to stay positive. The fact that so many people fall through with their New Years resolutions is discouraging, but Seán has really blasted off and kept this train going of keeping a PMA! A Positive Mental Attitude. He's attacked it with so much energy and excitement, it's truly rubbed off on me and has pulled my head up when I've dug myself a pit of self pity. And I want to spread this in any way I can.
Mark, on the other hand, I'd say is a bit of a different story. While Seán covers my mood in the moment, Mark truly is a wonderful example of what humanity can do. He attacks what he does with such passion and care, and is so thankful to each and every blessing he has, he makes me hope that someday I can be up there, too. Maybe someday I can tackle what I love with such happiness, confidence, and pride as he does. And I want to see it all. I want to love every second of it. I want to plunge through every struggle and I want to cry when I call behind. Most of all, I yearn to make it to a place where I'm NOT content. I want to make it to a place where I want to keep working to perpetually become better, just like Mark strives to be. For now, I'm working on believing I can. And after I believe I can, I'm gonna try my darndest to do it. Maybe someday I can thank him personally. I hope so.

I could go on and on about several more things I can just pour my heart into... But I think I'll leave this one here. Maybe I'll post again a bit later, after a bit of time has elapsed.

Stay strong out there. Sometimes it's tough out there, and other times it can be a nightmare of a beast. But it's the good in between that counts. It's up to you, and you alone to recognize it.

Here's another Daily Dose of Happiness!
Okay, I'll be honest. It's been a rough day and it only just started. Thanks, anxiety. -_-
Buuuut....!
It could be worse.
So.... Imma try to find a list of things to be happy about anyway. PMA!

1. I'm thankful for clothes! Weird, right? But I'm thankful to not have to run around.... er, without clothes (^^") and I'm especially thankful for all the cute shirts I possess! <3 Allrighty... I'll admit I kinda collect shirts.... but hey! It makes me happy, so....

2. I'm thankful for dreams. Now, I had a dream last night that was horrible. Nightmares.... X_X BUT I'm still thankful for dreams, anyway! They makes some wicked awesome stories to tell, and I'm happy to have the nightmares as opposed to not dreaming at all.

3. I'm thankful for candles! <3 Okay, so I have a collection of candles, and I love them all. Candles are freakin' awesome!

*pops in shyly* Ahha... Ha... I was tagged a bit ago, heh...

I... I do have a lot to be thankful for. I know it. I do. Expressing it, however... Ahahaha... <X3

I'm thankful for my beloved family, especially my Mother. She's one of the strongest people I know, and is just like Mama Imelda from Disney/Pixars newest feature, Coco. I love her a lot and can't imagine my life or who I'd be without her. I owe her so much, even if I became a trillionaire and gave her every cent I had it would not pay her back all the sacrifices she's made for my brother and I. On that subject, I'm thankful for my big Brother, Sister-in-Law, and new niece. They can't do much and are surely struggling to make ends meet with a new baby, but I know they'll never give me a bum steer and make my mom and I extremely happy every time they visit. :csmile:

I'm thankful for all my friends, especially my besties. I know I can always rely on them when times get tough, even if we don't always get along or agree. They can always cheer me up when I'm blue and celebrate with me when I'm happy, which is really all I can ask for. I don't make much friends irl (and I know why, being so shy, I am a terrible judge of character because I am so reserved I shy off completely from getting to know someone and letting them get to know me, ahaaa), so the few I have offline I cherish. Online are no different to me, in fact even my best "irl" friend is long-distance because she moved states away only a year or so after we met and we didn't even become besties until well after said move. If they're there for me, even if they can't hug me or anything, its enough to just help me, and I get overjoyed when I can help them out, too. The shyness, unfortunately, extends to online as well, so it's rare for me to even let people in online (and said poor judge of character translates even WORSE online, so when I flub up a judgement I REALLY flub up ahaha...) though that is far less uncommon. I'm so thankful for all of them. I just adore them all, especially my besties I couldn't and don't even want to picture my life without! There's even one who is always there for me daily! They are the literally the sun in my world! :angelD:

I'm thankful how far I've come, though it may not seem very far. Life is... difficult, to say the least (understatement of the millenia roofl) and... a lot of people don't make it this far... It's very sad that its getting harder and harder to just get by... so... I'm glad I'm getting by even when I can't make ends meet quite yet.

I'm thankful for the bad times (and people) I've had that led me to appreciate the good. Even the worst of people I've met still paved the way for some pretty amazing experiences I've had, whether they were directly involved or it was a ripple effect. I'm eternally grateful I didn't just go through those hellish times to go through them, I was blessed and taught many things along the way, and though I'm nervous for more bad times ahead, I know good will follow. If you want the rainbow, ya gotta have the rain.

A-ahaha, w-well, that's quite enough of being sappy, ahue! Thank you so much for the tag, Daisie! Sorry it took me a bit to respond! D/x

I am happy for cookies, and hearts, and other things Coming Soon (tm)!

I am especially happy for this thread. It's so nice to see everyone focusing on the positives in their life, even when life is trying to get you down. You all make my day brighter every time I see an alert for it!

Science has shown people who do simple things like acknowledging or writing about positive things in their life actually live happier lives! So yay!

I'm so in love with this idea and this movement towards a more positive attitude! Thank you for sharing! <3

I'm pretty grateful for my friends and family who always have the best intentions at heart. They've helped me through the darkest parts of my life and given me so much support that I cannot begin to imagine how to pay it all back. To my parents, who've sacrificed everything for their children, my brothers and I, to succeed and be happy, responsible citizens. To my brothers, who may annoy the living heck out of me, but let me tackle them with hugs anyways. To my friends, who push me out of my comfort-zone and allow me to just be myself too.

I'm thankful for the Earth and air. Even though, it's a more cynical place than before, I'm still happy to be surrounded by people and other living beings capable of love and kindness. They colour my world and provide me with shelter. Thank you for the trees, the stars, and the lakes and streams. Nature brings out my inner calmness. Somehow just knowing how vast the universe is helps me to remember that my life is just a small part in the bigger picture and that all those small parts are what makes the world turn. Finally, the breathe of life, I'm thankful for my existence. What would I be, if I weren't here?

I appreciate all the individuals who share their passions and creativity. Those who find solace in writing. Most of what I know, I've read through books. It's why I write today. I really find it easier to express myself that way. To the authors who's filled my imagination with characters and worlds that I interact with. Sometimes, fiction is a good way to escape reality, especially when things get rough. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Last but not least, I also value my struggles. Every single obstacle that stood in my way both physically, emotionally, and psychologically. They are what forced me to become a better person today. And even when I find myself hopeless and helpless again, I accept that it's all a part of life and existence. Someone once told me to find meaning in my struggles so that's what I'm trying to do to be more mindful.

Sorry, I got pretty long-winded. But have an amazingly, fantastic day everyone! :D

I believe you have used the Larry beacon, so I take it you want to be as happy as Larry!

SCP-5000

Screenshot_20180204-035244.png
Subject's first post

Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:

Site is to be given a continual DDoS (Ended after the thread is successfully deleted) and an amnestic cognitohazardous image will be sent to all known viewers of the thread.

Description:

SCP-5000 is a thread titled "The Happiness thread! :D" created by user [Redacted] on the date of [Redacted]/[Redacted]/2018, on viewing of the page a subject, therein known as SCP-5000-1, will become joyful, dangerously so, after multiple hours after viewing of SCP-5000 SCP-5000-1 will suffer cardiac arrest and ultimately, die of a heart attack.

Experiment 1:

D-Class subject is shown the image.

Subject died after four hours of pure joy.

Experiment 2:

D-Class subject diagnosed with chronic depression is shown the image.

Subject immediately commit suicide by breaking the one way mirror and cutting their jugular vein, subject screamed the words: "I'll never be this happy again".

Can't we buy something better than one way mirrors? - Dr. Langley

You know thats not in our budget, Langley. - Dr. Rohn

Experiment 3:

Image is shown to SCP-096.

[DATA EXPUNGED]

(Why did i put time into this?)

Ahahaha, I wouldn't say I was tagged, but I know a couple of friends IRL that need a massive optimism boost so I'm starting with myself.

1. I'm thankful for my family. As mentioned on another thread, Tiny Crow is not a very good person. Crow now is...weird, to say the least. But my family, despite all these flaws, still firmly believed in me all through these years. And a bonus shout-out to my sibling, who had to put up with me practically every day of his damn life!

2. I'm thankful for my friends. Holy shit, my IRL friends practically took me in after my old friend group ditched me. They've been dealing with my humor and my temper, and despite our differences, we all still get back together even after we have a fight. True friends indeed, I'll say.
My online friends on the other hand...damn. I only have a few on this site, but to the others-- hell yeah, you guys rock! Putting up with my somewhat indifferent nature and my tendency to ramble about horrible OCs I see on the internet takes a ton of patience.

3. I'm thankful for the 6 dogs living in my grandmother's place. In fact, they deserve a quick list breakdown!
--I'm thankful for Mini's giant ears and smol body. Also, her tendency to cuddle up to people.
--I'm thankful for Miggy's ability to be zen about literally everything...except food.
--I'm thankful for Jackie's doggo moustache.
--I'm thankful for Bomber's cute trick where he paws at people to give him pets.
--I'm thankful for Oreo's gigantic body, his heavy tail and his massive heart. Seriously. I love my Labrador. He still thinks he's a puppy...!
--I'm thankful for Pia's floof, tendency to mlem people, and overall love. She did try to eat me as a puppy but she loves me now. Maaaybe a little too much.
God, I'm so glad dogs exist.

4.Blankets. I would be freezing to death at 6:04 AM if you weren't here. God blankets help so much.

5. Coca-Cola. Where would I be without you, o nectar of the gods...

6. Potatoes. Fries? Hash browns? Mojos??? What's not to love?!

And now, for a sappy Crow story!

7. Shit, I'm thankful for sheer optimism as a whole. I once had an online friend who was in a pretty dark spot. If I didn't have a positive outlook on life, then I probably would have never been able to talk him out of jumping off a bridge. Seeing him flourish and be happy now makes me remember that time back then and I can't help but smile about it.
Having positivity in your life is nice. I used to be standoffish. I used to be the kid everyone hated because I was violent and had a short fuse and was far too quiet. Now that I have a group of friends and threads like these, I realized I was starting to do better socially- I started posting in discussions like this, started talking to a few people IRL I didn't usually talk to, and I've never been more content.

Like with dogs, I'm glad this thread exists. Keep it up!

Let's keep this train going! Happy wheels! Choo-choo!

Today, I'm most grateful for big, puffy sweaters. It's my last defense against Frosty and his winter inducing henchmen. And also Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul contributors. I don't know if anyone else reads those, but they always put a smile to my face because I love reading true stories about "ordinary" living. My one key take away from it is that - your story matters. Life doesn't have to be exciting like it is in the movies. Reality just doesn't work that way. But the human spirit, that's a remarkable thing, never forget that.

Anyways, enjoy your days lovely people! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back