Other The Happiness Thread! :D

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
All right!
So, today....
Today stunk, to be honest.
Today.... it was not a good. :/
I was down in the dumps.... but I have this amazing beast friend! We're both fans of Jacksepticeye, and we're following along with his Make 2018 Amazing plan! And while we were talking, we got on this roll. Just sharing all of our positivity- our PMA!
For those of you that don't know, PMA stands for "Positive Mental Attitude!" and is one of four pillars for making 2018 amazing!
So... that being said, with my friend and I being on a roll, sharing our PMA, I thought to myself "Why stop here?"
Hence, this thread!
A thread for dumping positive emotions!
Things you're happy about.
Things you're thankful for!
Things you love...
Just a place to share positive emotions and lift each other up! ^^

That being said, let's kick this off with a list of my own!

1. I am thankful for this site! I've met some amazing people, done some amazing roleplays, and honestly? My life would be very different without it! So, here's a special thanks to The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard for keeping it up and running! ^^

2. I am thankful for my family! Both my immediate family and my best friends. Yeah, they've got some quirks, but I wouldn't be where I am today without 'em!

3. I am thankful for the skills I possess. This isn't meant to sound conceited, but I am thankful for what I am able to do, even if it's not perfect. ^^

4. Blankets! Sorry, just had to carry this over from my conversation with my friend. Blankets and being warm.... what's not to love?!

5. Heck, I'm thankful for my internet to be working, and my laptop to be running!

6. The smell of fresh air. It's something I often take for granted, being inside as much as I am, but honestly.... just being able to open a window and smell the fresh air. I'm thankful for that!

Man, I could go on, but this first post could easily be several pages long if I'm not careful, ha ha.
So let's hear it!
Share those positive feelings! :D

I love this!!
And to keep things going... I nominate a friskton of people to participate!!

Kaerri Kaerri
Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu
Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan
Minako Minako
Assailant Assailant
Girouette Girouette
Soul Stealer Soul Stealer
Beebasaur Beebasaur
spookie spookie
LegoLad659 LegoLad659
The Mechanist The Mechanist
@flowiestfire
Idea Idea
CastoffCaptain CastoffCaptain
AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd
Noble Scion Noble Scion
Troldmand Troldmand
DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete
Raku Raku
Hall Kervean Hall Kervean
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
WanderingJester WanderingJester
Kazu Kazu
@Koss
R Rock And Roll Boy
BunBun BunBun
F o o l i s h n e s s F o o l i s h n e s s
chesirekitten chesirekitten
minajesty minajesty
B BlueClover
Cosmos Cosmos
welian welian
Magick Magick
DemonKitten DemonKitten
Latios Latios
Daisy the princess Daisy the princess
ZappiestAbyss ZappiestAbyss
Larry Larry
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Now, I may not talk to you all on a real regular basis. Heck, I may have only talked to you once or twice. Heck, you may HATE me for all I know, and I'm sorry. But whether you care about me or not, watch Jacksepticeye or not, I truly, deeply encourage you to not ONLY participate, but to also nominate a MINIMUM of 3 people! Of course, I can't make you do anything, but I sincerely hope you get the chance to spread some POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE with someone you know, even if you don't talk to them regularly.

How dare you summon me into a thread like this.
*fills thread with sandwiches*

Happy things, eh? I like to stay under a blanket in a warm place on a cold day of winter.

Well, I'm not currently in the best of spots to say anything close to a sort of PMA but… Meh, I got at least one thing. Also, nominating three people? I think all the people I can think of were tagged already XD

Okay. One thing I'm happy for, are the dark moments, the moments where you're low or hurting or whatever. Hey, it may not sound happy but, let me get there. But, without those moments, you don't really realize what you CAN be happy about.
I have more but, I'll share them at a later time, I need to get out of this weird rut for now.

Well, I'm not currently in the best of spots to say anything close to a sort of PMA but… Meh, I got at least one thing. Also, nominating three people? I think all the people I can think of were tagged already XD

Okay. One thing I'm happy for, are the dark moments, the moments where you're low or hurting or whatever. Hey, it may not sound happy but, let me get there. But, without those moments, you don't really realize what you CAN be happy about.
I have more but, I'll share them at a later time, I need to get out of this weird rut for now.
Even if you don't have a 100% wonderful and pure PMA 24/7, you can still share inspiring thoughts, encouraging words, and wonderful smiles. I see you do it every day, in fact! And whether you realize it or not, it rubs off on people, even just a LITTLE bit. You DO make people's days better! :)

...not sure why you would tag the emo kid in your positivity thread, really seems counterintuitive, but okay...

i mean, my life sucks. but i'm going to more concerts than ever this year, so there's that at least? here's hoping you all have more reasons to post here.

Even if you don't have a 100% wonderful and pure PMA 24/7, you can still share inspiring thoughts, encouraging words, and wonderful smiles. I see you do it every day, in fact! And whether you realize it or not, it rubs off on people, even just a LITTLE bit. You DO make people's days better! :)

Heh, thanks for reminding me Daisie. But it's just keeping up appearances, got a reputation to uphold ^-^ I'll keep all that in mind though.

Positive words of wisdom, you say? Not a problem!

Oh well, many on this wonderful website post off-putting statuses filled with self-deprecation and lacking prospect. I must say that I've gone through many terrible things and have the necessary expertise to say that I know how it feels to be depressed and disheartened. In need of a proof, young reader? For one, my beloved is wheelchair-bound -- a person gifted with remarkable verbosity but unable to express his surges of pure creativity in the form of art. I've always had those "what if" thoughts. What if I'm not there when he needs me? What if an accident happens? What if I -- ugh -- lose interest? I owe him so many thanks. Yet still, I endure. I shrug off negativity and justify harsh moments of my life. My coursework is abysmal? If I do it, I will earn a lot of points; learn a ton of new concepts and save my splendid tutors from the wrath of our committee. One struggle leads to 3 positives! If I fail to justify, or tame my inner dragons, I substitute the struggles of mine with easy-going demeanour and the happiest of my memories. The key to dealing with complicated ordeals, in my eyes, is to cease thinking negatively and opt for a cheerful and talkative way of life. Temporarily or permanently -- it doesn't matter so long as negativity does not constitute your ever-blooming mind full of passion and energy that *you* could channel elsewhere anytime your heart desires rather than see them wither away with depression and anxiety.

In other words, do not bring up your issues lest you make the matters worse for yourself once again. Reason or cheer yourself up as much as possible and keep in mind that many different people are experiencing battles much worse than yours right now. That's not to say your battle is irrelevant.

One decent way of banishing your plights is initiating as many conversations of all kinds and sizes as possible. Here, there or in Paris. Online or offline. At work or in the park. Feel free to comment somebody's status and exchange ideas and experiences. Unless you are Grinch, you can't be truly alone and loathed by everybody on the streets. No need for pesky contexts or fancy introductions. Brace yourself and approach that person or leave that first comment. It's that easy, yeah!

If you still aren't engaged in a conversation, then feel free to PM me or post something on my profile, or quote this masterpiece and discuss my tips and tricks. So many options to choose from!

I vote for Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Y u k i o Y u k i o and Noble Scion Noble Scion

Apologies Daisie Daisie ! :(

Misty Gray Misty Gray and CastoffCaptain CastoffCaptain also keep me from ending it all, haha.

Last edited:
...not sure why you would tag the emo kid in your positivity thread, really seems counterintuitive, but okay...

i mean, my life sucks. but i'm going to more concerts than ever this year, so there's that at least? here's hoping you all have more reasons to post here.
Because we consider you a friend and part of the group! :D

Wow. This is optimism the thread.

I love it :D

I mean, my entire life philosophy is based around making people happy. So if you're ever feeling down, just hit me up in PM and say hi! I'd love to share my dumb jokes and brighten your day.

But what can I say for everyone in general? Well, I'll share something that I know made me happier. A while ago, I was going through some serious issues myself. I felt depressed and, more specifically, useless. I felt like I could do nothing, help nothing, be nothing. And then Mom started taking us to this food pantry. I didn't think I would be able to do much, and started immediately falling back into my emo thoughts. But I tried to help a little. They thanked me for coming, and I felt... happy. Useful. I smiled back, and I can say it was in earnest. I came back next week, and the next, and every time my smile became a little more genuine and a lot less of an act to keep people from worrying. Just knowing that I was able to help? That despite everything I thought, that I could do something? To be able to go and keep doing something every week? That pulled me out of my rut.

So if you feel like I did, if you feel useless and full of self hate, I'd really recommend going to a food pantry, or just finding somewhere you can help out to make the world a little better. Because it won't just help others. It'll help you.

Hmm? Nominees? Dude. You already nominated most of my friends lol. But I do know a couple of names...

Little Little
Hey dude! There's a chance you'll be annoyed at me nominating you for something so clearly not your cup of tea... but hey, give it your best shot, okay? Say something positive!

elusivethought elusivethought
Hey there! Share anything that makes you happy and can make someone else happy! And yes, that probably does mean good books you think people will like lol. So say anything that counts!

I know some other people besides those two that you didn't mention... same time, not a lot of other people that I don't know only in RPs or haven't talked to in a bit. So yeah. That's my happy post. So go spread joy! There are people out there who need it.

Wow. This is optimism the thread.

I love it :D

I mean, my entire life philosophy is based around making people happy. So if you're ever feeling down, just hit me up in PM and say hi! I'd love to share my dumb jokes and brighten your day.

But what can I say for everyone in general? Well, I'll share something that I know made me happier. A while ago, I was going through some serious issues myself. I felt depressed and, more specifically, useless. I felt like I could do nothing, help nothing, be nothing. And then Mom started taking us to this food pantry. I didn't think I would be able to do much, and started immediately falling back into my emo thoughts. But I tried to help a little. They thanked me for coming, and I felt... happy. Useful. I smiled back, and I can say it was in earnest. I came back next week, and the next, and every time my smile became a little more genuine and a lot less of an act to keep people from worrying. Just knowing that I was able to help? That despite everything I thought, that I could do something? To be able to go and keep doing something every week? That pulled me out of my rut.

So if you feel like I did, if you feel useless and full of self hate, I'd really recommend going to a food pantry, or just finding somewhere you can help out to make the world a little better. Because it won't just help others. It'll help you.

Hmm? Nominees? Dude. You already nominated most of my friends lol. But I do know a couple of names...

Little Little
Hey dude! There's a chance you'll be annoyed at me nominating you for something so clearly not your cup of tea... but hey, give it your best shot, okay? Say something positive!

elusivethought elusivethought
Hey there! Share anything that makes you happy and can make someone else happy! And yes, that probably does mean good books you think people will like lol. So say anything that counts!

I know some other people besides those two that you didn't mention... same time, not a lot of other people that I don't know only in RPs or haven't talked to in a bit. So yeah. That's my happy post. So go spread joy! There are people out there who need it.
Wow!! Talk about getting into the good spirit!! A++!!
Thank you for taking the time over here... Everyone truly appreciates it. <3 it hits close to home.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez For being the besets most positive online friend I have ever known!!!!! //>w<// =v=P

Okay uhhh, happy thoughts, happy thoughts... Gosh I'm super shy and got tagged right in the start, ehhh... >~<

1) I'm also really really grateful for this website. Not only have I made many wonderful friends in here, but this might one of the few things that still kept my life together during last year...
I've always liked roleplaying, but I don't know, I think It became much more serious for me in here. It gives me an extra push when I'm depressed and trying to get out of it, it makes me feel accomplished and provides a self-steem boost when I need to overpower anxiety...

In the opposite side, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted and when things go reeeeally slow it makes me upset BUT, still really really really helpful and one of the few things that still make sense even while everything else doesn't, so thank you RPN, thank you.

2) I'm grateful for AEGIS!
I'm grateful of the people I met in there, I'm grateful for the friendship we developed, for the stories we weaved together, everything. But most specially, I'm glad that it always comes back after a hiatus and that it's the thing that impulsionated me to dwell further into RP after all! The progress in my writing is mind blowing!

So thank you, welian welian , for creating it and oh, thank you all the members that are still with us and even the ones that are not but we had some time together. Thank you for being part of it >w<

I'm not sure I should tag everyone else, they're busy people ^^'

3) I gotta say, after getting back to interacting with status updates, I'm glad they exist and I met so many people (some of them finally properly) in the last few days and everyone is so nice, oh!
Ana that's really weird because I HATE twitter, yet kinda use these updates as a person would that place... I guess the people really make the difference!

I think those people would like the tags so:
Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu , RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan , Daisie Daisie , @flowiestfire , Archtoddler Archtoddler I like when we interact, here's for more of that throughout the year!

4) I'm thankful for cats. They're soft and cute and really make me feel at home in a new place when they're there and I have six of them that I love so so so much >w<

They're such a joy that I am a bit sad that I can't take one of them with me to my 'new place'. Good thing that the university is full of them!
I just really like cats +O+

Lastly, it's not something I'm grateful for, because it's yet to come but I'm looking forward to putting my mental health back in its place...
This is the year I'll try to connect to myself again and be more mindful of how things make me feel even if I don't fully understand it

I just, 2017 was scary in that matter and in that way it was also crucial to signal how bad things had gotten. So in 2018 I'm striving to taking things slow but pay more attention to that. I mean, I get anxious everytime I need to go places now, I don't want to imagine how worse it can get from here...

I never thought I'd be hopeful for medicine since I'm kinda against it (multiple family health issues) BUT, at the same time I'm scared of seeing the Psychiatrist, I'm very, very hopeful about that. It's going to be really important for the turn point I'm striving for...

I'm going to make 2018 a year to myself.

The year I finally put my needs and my wishes back as priority, the year I finally make myself important to myself again u.u

I'm the only one who can do it, no one can do so for me >w<

Last edited:
I brought pizza!
pizza_trad_pepperoni.png

Dig in everybody!

I love making people feel good in themselves
I love making people laugh and smile
I love my dogs
I love reading and drawing
I love imagination

I also brought the power of flight
tumblr_onipgh1opQ1vhba1bo1_1280.gif

If you smile, you get a cookie. 。◕‿‿◕。 I enjoy your company too! please be sure to stick around!~
q3e87zR.0_cinema_1050.0.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back