• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Anyway! I have been freed of all my calcified wisdom and am fit to return! I might post for Azalea in the next couple days depending how much else I have to catch up on irl.
Congratulations and welcome back! 🎉 🎉
In breaking news—local zombie fights overgrown pixie for murder stick; everyone else plays tug-of-war with an octopus. Stay tuned for more epic coverage.
Ah yes, my favourite news channel xD

Team Pixies? Lol
"Little did they know, but they were already puppets of the pixies' nefarious mind-games." - Milby

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
Introducing Hat Club, past and present members. Featuring Wizard and his covid-safe beard.
img_20220814_133901_by_arumey_dfb8yrr-pre.jpg

This is not the Leo post some of you are probably waiting for, though I promise it is coming soon! I started this when the OOC event originally launched but I have had a lot of things going on since then so I wasn't able to finish it at the time. Still, I didn't want to just drop it because it was a lot of fun to come up with, so enjoy this very late entry of the pirate lords into the OOC event, or, well, the first two questions of it.

The treacherous troupe (Circus):

Lyra Enren (Ringmaster): As the strongest of the lords it is only right that Lyra is the one to lead and rake in all the profits of the troupe. Besides, the ability of the ringmaster to use their would-be salary against them in combat makes it hard for any of the other lords to complain about not getting paid.

Alric Sunder (Magician): The lord of storms possesses the ability to put on quite a spectacle with his weather magic. Though his shows are beautiful they do turn the entire circus into a splash zone and the occasional accidental lightning strike victim is unavoidable.

Amelia Avos (Acrobat): The collector on her own is by no means a bad acrobat, possessing the highest agility out of all the lords. Add to that the fact that she always uses several of her artifacts during her shows and there is no acrobat on the continent who would dream of matching her skill.

Melina Soralis (Singer): The voice of the sea absolutely refuses to have any of her animal friends participate in the show as she believes it is disrespectful to force her friends to perform dumb party tricks to entertain the masses. She now performs music during breaks instead to keep things lively inside of the circus.

Wyck Allister (Beast): The lord of the dead has little choice but to obey the role that has been assigned to him, though he swears the papers will one day report on the death of the troupe's ringmaster, beast tamer and all those that visited the circus to laugh at his performance.

Cynric Arc (Beast Tamer): The duke of afflictions hardly cares for putting on a show and entertaining the lower beings in the audience but the fact that he gets to torture and play around with Wyck is enough to keep the youth on board.

The sunken treasure (Tavern):

Lyra Enren (Owner): The queen runs the tavern with an iron, or rather, golden, fist. Sometimes literally, the queen has a tendency to drink a little bit too much of the tavern's own supply and get into bar fights with annoying patrons.

Alric Sunder (Bartender): The stoic lord doesn't make for the most talkative bartender but he is rather skilled at what he does. Besides, stirring drinks normally is rather boring when a miniature tornado will also do the trick.

Amelia Avos (In-house gambler): The collector works as a gambler to provide entertainment. The fact that the house has never lost and the fact that her cards and dice release a suspicious amount of mana for being regular tools hardly matter after a few more of Alric's drinks.

Melina Soralis (Singer): Melina earns her stay by performing in the tavern, and if she occasionally uses some of her magic to make the patrons more likely to buy drinks until they drop, well, they'll likely wake up with no memory of the previous evening, let alone memory of being influenced by the voice of the sea.

Wyck Allister (Guard): Wyck works as a guard, breaking up barfights and throwing particularly rowdy patrons out of the tavern. However, due to the lord's rather terrible personality those whose barfight he breaks up or those he throws out often end up with multiple broken limbs.

Cynric Arc (Head of cleaning): Cynric doesn't actually do any of the cleaning inside of the tavern himself, he does, however, oversee every bit of cleaning that happens. If one of the patrons throws up after having a little too much to drink waking up with a hangover should be the least of their worries.

Where'e we at with the behemoth group?
Sorry for the late response! I've been caught up with an assignment but iirc we're stuck on finding someone who can read the quest paper and tell them where they're going (Milby is going to be no help).

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03
Are you guys still wanting to go ahead with the Behemoth quest? If not then I can assume something last-minute came up for the characters.
Edit: forgot Tattletale is on team pixie 😅

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
I'll be working on a response for the turkeys soon, just gotta get through this case note first.

Key of Stars Key of Stars
Love the addition to the pirate lords! It's a shame most of them will never work together. It sounds like they'd have fun dynamics, though maybe an undercover mission to the pirate Isles to eavesdrop on a meeting could be in order...

Also I think there was a slight mix up on Leo's latest post. The group are still out in the open if I've been reading the other replies correctly (though I could be wrong) with the caves being a last-resort for if the fighting moves their way.

Last edited:
I've come to realize that I have a type of character when it comes to this type of thing. I was playing with the idea of making another character, and it's similar to The beastmaster thing I have going with Elias. Less casting spells through tamed things, but rather more amassing a huge army of that specific thing. Lol

Eaaaagh, sorry about the MIA! I've finally handed in this assignment so I'll respond to convos and replies as soon as possible.

Slooowly getting back into things. This semester really came around with a left hook to my motivation

A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie
I think the behemoth quest might be stayed, but if you're interested in continuing perhaps Milby ends up teleporting them to the location of the sparrow mission by accident? (Cue chaos—provided it's ok with Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Tattletale Tattletale )

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot RatKing RatKing
Just want check how you guys are travelling / keep you in the loop. After some deliberation I'm looking to have Nacht and Key of Stars wrap up the Wyck vs Eiru battle in their next post, so any final character actions will have to happen prior to their response. After that there will be a summary on the aftermath the battle and a timeskip back to the guild, with characters having a clean slate continue with from that point :)

Slooowly getting back into things. This semester really came around with a left hook to my motivation

Just want check how you guys are travelling / keep you in the loop. After some deliberation I'm looking to have Nacht and Key of Stars wrap up the Wyck vs Eiru battle in their next post, so any final character actions will have to happen prior to their response. After that there will be a summary on the aftermath the battle and a timeskip back to the guild, with characters having a clean slate continue with from that point :)

Yea I can certainly understand how the start of a school semester can diminish one's motivation. Not always fun returning to the same old same old when it comes to academics.

As for the check in, I presume that fight wrap up and the summary will resolve the tough spot the characters are in to some degree so that should be fine I think. Timeskip back to the guild hall after the fact sounds fine to me too as if I recall correctly they would have returned to the mainland anyways once the spear was recovered.

A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie
I think the behemoth quest might be stayed, but if you're interested in continuing perhaps Milby ends up teleporting them to the location of the sparrow mission by accident? (Cue chaos—provided it's ok with Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Tattletale Tattletale )

If the others are okay with it, I'm good too.

I'm doing alright! Just travelled back home from my cousin's wedding and brother-in-law's birthday barbeque :dead:
The last member of their group, of course, was half-obscured from sight in half a dozen tentacles, which explained why Ymir hadn't been able to locate them with either sight. She nearly screeched as she spotted abomination Nanalee was struggling with, abandoning caution to shove Ashitaka at the problem. "G-go help her, quick! I'll get Leo and Ruvo right away-"

She spun around to rush back to the other two, intending to tell them of the emergency in the hopes they weren't too late to save the final member of their team.
Since you somewhat set up a rescue mission for Nanalee earlier in Ymir's post, I was kinda waiting on a continuation on that. But, since things seem to have stagnated, a fresh start and clean slate seem like a good idea. I likely won't post again before the timeskip.

Since you somewhat set up a rescue mission for Nanalee earlier in Ymir's post, I was kinda waiting on a continuation on that. But, since things seem to have stagnated, a fresh start and clean slate seem like a good idea. I likely won't post again before the timeskip.
That's no problem! I quite liked the rescue idea since it could be resolved as quickly or as slowly as needed, and it gave the group something to do while the battle raged on (I don't think there's much else they can influence, despite Ruvo's well-intentioned hopes). But the arc has run its course so a fresh slate is definitely needed.

...and I want Ymir back in a place where she's not a constant paranoid mess already 😂 I adored writing it, but her street cred is shot after this mission—she has to redeem herself soon or her pride will never recover.

(I don't think there's much else they can influence, despite Ruvo's well-intentioned hopes).
Yea it was pretty doubtful they could turn the tide. Ruvo was pretty much just trying to think up any idea to enable the group to survive given that whoever the victor of the battle was would likely be coming after them all next. Certainly not a great place in to be in with one's back against the wall. There may have been other potential solutions from using a siren song to something as wild as waking up the guardian, but its may be for the best it gets wrapped up to return to a fresh state.

...and I want Ymir back in a place where she's not a constant paranoid mess already 😂 I adored writing it, but her street cred is shot after this mission—she has to redeem herself soon or her pride will never recover.
Ymir must simply retell all the parts of the expedition where they weren't a constant paranoid mess to minimize the loss of street cred.

That's alright. I think I'll bow out, but I might come back at a later time. 🙂 Good luck with things!
No problem! Thanks for the heads up, and best of luck :bishiesparklesl:

Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
I'll work on a post to have Milby join the mission soon.

Time to scout out the quest board again ay 👀
Nearly time for me to look at updating the questboard again :>

Ymir must simply retell all the parts of the expedition where they weren't a constant paranoid mess to minimize the loss of street cred.
what parts lol

Alternatively, she bullies Leo into changing the dramatic retelling, and the other four can be sworn to secrecy somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back