• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Who specifically is he gonna oversee a quest for? The half orc?
The idea is to oversee the first mission with Seth, as Kaleen and Crask should both have done their introductory mission already. It's by no means a compulsory mandate though. Azalea is more than happy to find something else for Seth to do if there aren't any long-term members available for a mission (Milby doesn't count, since she's usually the one needing supervision).

The idea is to oversee the first mission with Seth, as Kaleen and Crask should both have done their introductory mission already. It's by no means a compulsory mandate though. Azalea is more than happy to find something else for Seth to do if there aren't any long-term members available for a mission (Milby doesn't count, since she's usually the one needing supervision).
No! It's fine. I don't mind. I just want to make sure I know where you were wanting to head. I might be posting tomorrow.

Whew. Latest post is longer than what I'm used to (so I'm a bit worried about dumb typos I might've left in lol), but I had quite a bit to catch up on! It did give me something fun to read over and write while waiting for delayed flights, though. Especially on trying to nail a right amount of awkward for Valeen. So cheers to that!

No problem, I hope things are doing ok! I do apologise to you and anyone else I've skipped over by responding. The main hall gets pretty chaotic when there's a lot of new members, so I try do a reply where there's a chance to.

Everything is going fine! House repairs might take a while to finish, but things were going smoothly by the time I left Maryland (thank god, the tree that fell on our house wasn't as heavy than some of the others around the block). I'm just happy to be given an easy enough opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

Pixies will literally go insane. Full on attacking everyone, but upset because the magic they normally use is actually just Elias casting through them. Poor little beans.

NANANANA-NA NA NA NA, NA NAA~

OHHH, you mean Andromeda?? I agree, tall dragon ladies are awesome, though Valeen gets my vote for being no1 most relatable in any social situation
Don't start with the buff Orc lady. Make me feel things in my soul!

Oh Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead I meant to ask before but ended up distracted. Are your Pixies of the fae race or how do you see them? Just for interaction purposes with my own Fae character. Also, seeing as they are light aligned do you think they would easily detect undead such as vampires?

NANANANA-NA NA NA NA, NA NAA~

OHHH, you mean Andromeda?? I agree, tall dragon ladies are awesome, though Valeen gets my vote for being no1 most relatable in any social situation
Andromeda, you are the dragon warrior!

Oh Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead I meant to ask before but ended up distracted. Are your Pixies of the fae race or how do you see them? Just for interaction purposes with my own Fae character. Also, seeing as they are light aligned do you think they would easily detect undead such as vampires?
As far as separate abilities, that would have to be ran by Chin. On the other hand, I view them much like Elephant and Fur Seals. Yes, they are technically from the same evolutionary group, but are very different. In this specific case, I think Fae would generally view them the same way humans view dolphins. Separate, clearly intelligent, but not really related. That being said, they would have a very good standing with one another with a few outliers. Keep in mind, Pixies are SUPER rare. So seeing three at once is kind of like finding a specific needle in a small field filled with needles.

Thanks for clarifying! I look forward to RPing with you
Of course. Also, I will be doing research on your character, since I want to be sure of every possible thing that Elias may or may not feel towards them. Could I ask the name of said fae character?

How rare is the light affinity? You stated it was pretty rare among creatures, so I was wondering how much so?
Weeeeeeell to date I don't think I've actually made any light based creatures for guild, though there have been members with the ability. Since it isn't solid and most sources of light are created through fire, which is much more common, it just doesn't crop up all that often. Light-affinity creatures are out there though, if one knows where to look, and I imagine a great many of them originate from beings that travelled through the rifts.

As far as separate abilities, that would have to be ran by Chin. On the other hand, I few them much like Elephant and Fur Seals. Yes, they are technically from the same evolutionary group, but are very different. In this specific case, I think Fae would generally view them the same way humans view dolphins. Separate, clearly intelligent, but not really related. That being said, they would have a very good standing with one another with a few outliers. Keep in mind, Pixies are SUPER rare. So seeing three at once is kind of like finding a specific needle in a small field filled with needles.
LORE NIGHT WHOOO

I agree with the idea of it being a same-species, different variant, type situation. I think the word 'Fae' stands as a blanket term for all 'pointy-eared and attuned to magic' type creatures. Having them be distantly related is a good way to avoid clashes with development too. Especially since Azalea's condition may be to do with another variant of the Fae altogether.

Eiru is the Fae character and Akeldama is the Vampire
I see. Thank you.
Weeeeeeell to date I don't think I've actually made any light based creatures for guild, though there have been members with the ability. Since it isn't solid and most sources of light are created through fire, which is much more common, it just doesn't crop up all that often. Light-affinity creatures are out there though, if one knows where to look, and I imagine a great many of them originate from beings that travelled through the rifts.
Okay, so in a general sense they are all rare, but this is good seeing as the Light Affinity, if used properly, is a very effective tool. In any case, I would like to discuss possible options for the light affinity based creatures that could add to his strategy. A.K.A. Light affinity creatures that he could cast through.

As it turns out, he is gonna be a rare beast collector. lol

Perfect! I think this will most certainly help avoid clashes in the lore as well! Not only for Fae but for all races!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back