• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
What does this initial trial consist of?
The 'trial' essentially involves doing a quest at the same rank you want to start at with another member there to supervise. It's one of those things that makes sense lore-wise as an initiation, but in practice it gets kinda annoying when there are a number of new players starting at different ranks, so I give the option to skip it.

Either way you'll all probably be stuck with Milby for the opening though. She's pretty much a trial in of herself for new members, and she's been itching to fight a behemoth for a while now (:

Eiru-

It's bold of you to assume Eiru would be but a single act and not the circus in and of itself! She need only exist and the circus would follow. Though if she had to pick, it would likely be magician.

As for what kind of shop she'd open, that's a very good question. I would say a library or bookstore but I doubt she'd be fond of letting out her books to others. Especially If she felt them incompetent. So I'd say an enchanting workshop and store. But like, not useful enchantments. Just strange ones that would entertain her.

Finally as for what she'd farm. As a fae she's naturally very close to nature and could likely grow anything she set her mind to. I'd say she'd end up farming alchemy ingredients though as they'd sell for a pretty penny and prove more a challenge to keep.

The 'trial' essentially involves doing a quest at the same rank you want to start at with another member there to supervise. It's one of those things that makes sense lore-wise as an initiation, but in practice it gets kinda annoying when there are a number of new players starting at different ranks, so I give the option to skip it.

Either way you'll all probably be stuck with Milby for the opening though. She's pretty much a trial in of herself for new members, and she's been itching to fight a behemoth for a while now (:
I'll skip it then

What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus? (10 pts)
Nanalee would likely be something of a tightrope walker or a performer that focuses on balancing acts, because she's a thrill-seeker and enjoys heights. I can also totally see her flying through rings of fire and doing acrobatics mid-air as well, I'm sure she'd have a lot of fun coming up with creative routines for each performance. Her spiritual magic also gives her endless possibilities, but my favourite idea is of her sculpting a huge ice mammoth to perform balancing acts with. Creating ice birds and foxes to perform tricks with, or even just to aid her fellow performers and spice up the show, seem like something she would do a lot. I don't think Nanalee herself would be good at reading or hyping up the crowd, but I'm sure her ringmaster and fellow performers would help her out there.

(Mammoths instead of elephants because she lives in Aestir and has likely never seen an elephant before lol)

If they owned a shop what would they sell? (10 pts)
If Nanalee did not join the adventurer's guild, I can easily imagine her just exploring and travelling the world at whim. To make a living, she would likely sell off the treasures and spoils of battle she would gather in her ventures, like rare gemstones, the skulls and cores of beasts and foreign plants/trinkets from distant lands, acting as a bit of a wandering peddler.

In terms of an actual shop however, I can imagine Nanalee running a store suited to her spiritual side, selling charms for good luck, wards to fend off evil spirits, and services to deal with supernatural oddities for a fee. It would be a strange and uncommon shop for sure, and likely wouldn't get good business, but I'm sure Nanalee would enjoy spending her time researching and delving into the depths of the strange power she was born with.

If they were a farmer what would they grow/raise? (10 pts)
Farming would be a bit of an odd occupation for Nanalee, especially since she's more of a hunter, and the arctic mountaintops are not exactly ideal for farming. But I can see her growing cold-resilient herbs and plants with spiritual/healing properties to experiment with, or something like Glacuri if she's aiming to make an actual living off of it lol.

Glacuri: A low growing berry that grows in flat bushes so that it can stay out of the frozen winds. Its leaves are wrinkly and broad, and its roots grow more horizontally than vertically to survive in the thin layers of soil of the frozen tundra. Its berries are small but numerous, often growing in stemmed clusters of five. They appear near-white whilst still growing, but when ripe the berries are a vibrant light-blue with hints of translucency, like icy glaciers.

Rather than growing crops however, I can see Nanalee being more of a travelling shepherd of a herd of musk ox/winter bison/mammoths or something similar, roaming the frozen tundra for edible shrubs and plants for them to eat, and harvesting their hair/fur.
Bonus cause I've been bored:
img_20220701_130714_by_arumey_df8cvyr-pre.jpg
Bal looks absolutely adorable 🥺:bishiesparklesl:

All good! Solmar is one of the former main cities in the human region and otherwise matches your description of Gion's homeland perfectly, except that it fell to ruin only a couple decades ago. There are definitely some plans in the works for it, so Gion could be a good way for the characters to source some intel.

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
I'll probably ask everyone this, but do you guys plan to have your characters start out arriving at the guild hall in their intro post, or having completed their first quest already? The only thing it affects is if they have to do an initial trial to prove their rank, so I usually give the option to skip it.
I'll skip too.

I'll skip too.
Sounds good! Any of you are welcome to post in the guild hall with your characters when you're ready. I'll be working on a Milby post at some point, but it would be nice to know where some of the characters are positioned so she can cause the maximum amount of chaos in their vicinity.

The link to the thread is under the 'other' section in the top tab.

Starting off with Leo and Kathlyn, let me know if you all want to see one of the lords or Olivia as well.

Leo (20 pts):
  • Ringmaster. The job would match Leo's tendency to be overly dramatic.
  • Weapons. Though he's long since left that particular part of his past behind, never having been all that good at forging them himself, he still has a very good eye for the quality of weapons. Non-magical only.
  • Leo grew up exceedingly wealthy and even during the time he was nearly broke he hasn't done any farming. Still, he'd like to grow barley, after all, it would save him quite a bit of money if he could make his own beer.
Kathlyn (10 pts):
  • Beast Tamer. She would insist on only training her animals using positive reinforcement and would absolutely refuse to ever hurt any of the animals under her care in any circumstances.
  • Apothecary. She'd follow in her father's footsteps and make her own apothecary. She could definitely get rich but would only ask for payment for products to cure minor ailments while providing treatment for more major things for free which cuts down her profits by a lot.
  • Kathlyn would love to grow medical herbs, she's already doing it on a small scale at the guild but she would love to be able to do it on a much larger scale.

Sylph Sylph Would you like Azalea to be the one to talk to Nicolas or are you alright with Kathlyn doing it? Kathlyn can take care of everything Nicolas mentioned, including the wounds.

Key of Stars Key of Stars
Sounds good! I don't mind Kathlyn handling things, Azalea has plenty of paperwork in the background.

Also a Leo / Milby ringmaster duo sounds like the most chaotic thing ever. Imagine the insanity

The questions this time are:
  • What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?
  • If they owned a shop what would they sell?
  • If they were a farmer what would they grow/raise?
Whew, haven't been able to get on in a few days. Let me go ahead and answer this for Valeen though (whose post should go up sometime today or tomorrow)!

"What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?"
Definitely the strongman. Valeen is fully aware that she is a very unskilled individual, save her orcish strength.

Oh, but she would NOT last long. Be it because she is too lethargic to be an entertainer, because she was drinking on the job, because she was fighting the exotic animals...or most likely all three at once, she'd probably get fired from even the circus. Unless the attraction is watching her drunkenly fistfight the beasts...? 🤔

"If they owned a shop what would they sell / If they were a farmer what would they grow/raise?"
I'm gonna be a little cheap and answer both at once! Though the Hammerfell Farms produced a variety of seasonal crops...honestly, if she had the motivation, she'd like to run a dairy farm. After sleeping in the barn so much, Valeen has a sweet spot for most barn animals—but cows especially. It would be a hassle to learn how to actually make dairy products though, along with opening a stall to sell it all. How do you even make a wheel of cheese?

She just wants to be surrounded by her favorite animal, though. Cows don't judge you. They are benevolent creatures with a very admirable docile lifestyle. Ah, to be a cow...

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
Put @ and start typing their username. A drop down should appear with their name that you can click on to auto complete it.

If you want to respond to something they've said specifically, select the text and click 'reply' or 'quote' when it comes up, or click the buttons at the bottom of their post to respond to all of it.

A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie
Crask looks good!

• What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?
  • If they owned a shop what would they sell?
  • If they were a farmer what would they grow/raise?

1. Crask would be the lion, 'cause, at least right now, he's probably more the beast than the beast tamer. 🙃
  2. Herbs and poultices! The trade holds a special place for him with it being the primary way he bonded with his mother.
  3. Root vegetables - potatoes, parsnips, beats, and carrots. They're hardy and he seems like the kinda guy to prefer those vegetables. Corn and tusks don't seem like they would mix well.

I want you all to know that I am truly disappointed to see no one would farm Azalea or take the opportunity to make the joke

Most of all I am dissapointed in myself for not realising I could have made that joke sooner

I'll honestly admit to being a bit nervous about starting to post. I'm not really used to group roleplays, so if I make a mistake or anything just tell me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back