• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Even with the spear his attribute points are slightly lower than the queen's, but they're all completely combat-focused so I'm not sure there's anyone currently known who can stand up to him at that point.

I think with this being the first Mythic weapon introduced into the story, It'll really set the bar for how important having good gear really is in this world.

If you guys are interested in preparing for the fight ooc, you can find a list of all Eiru's spells as well as info on the spear in the lore section. May the odds be forever in your favor *whistles*

I have a pretty good feeling we will have to come up with a creative way to win the fight rather than charging in head first with weapons drawn. Whether that be trying to somehow disarm Eiru, attempting to break the mind influencing effect, or some other idea will have to be determined.

Ikr, what are the odds of the one undead pirate lord seeking out such a weapon! Am I right! It's almost like there's more going on. Though if he got the spear, its game over lol
Unless, say, the original owner were to want it back...

>>:]

I have a pretty good feeling we will have to come up with a creative way to win the fight rather than charging in head first with weapons drawn. Whether that be trying to somehow disarm Eiru, attempting to break the mind influencing effect, or some other idea will have to be determined.
Ymir votes in favour hiding and waiting. The tiny calamity will tire herself out eventually

Even with the spear his attribute points are slightly lower than the queen's, but they're all completely combat-focused so I'm not sure there's anyone currently known who can stand up to him at that point.
Ngl I find the idea that everyone has these cool fins and tails and then there's Wyck doing MAXIMUM FREESTYLE through the reef at mach speeds to catch up hilarious. Nvm that he has a ship. Ship too slow. No ship, o n l y s p e e d.

It might reduce his agility stat now that I think about it. Not that the group needs it or anything, hahah. This is clearly a Well Balanced fight with No Broken Power Levels whatsoever.

Ymir votes in favour hiding and waiting. The tiny calamity will tire herself out eventually

Making this a battle of attrition could be an option, but I’m going to guess that Eiru can breath underwater still. Maybe if enough large fish and undead pirate lords pass through she will be tuckered out from swinging the exceptionally deadly weapon.

Oh god my head is filled with cotton balls, this covid thing sucks :sick: Only managed to avoid it for two and a half years

Making this a battle of attrition could be an option, but I’m going to guess that Eiru can breath underwater still. Maybe if enough large fish and undead pirate lords pass through she will be tuckered out from swinging the exceptionally deadly weapon.
Operation hide and seek is a go!

Oh god my head is filled with cotton balls, this covid thing sucks :sick: Only managed to avoid it for two and a half years

Operation hide and seek is a go!

Oh my. Hope you feel better and that recovery is quick.

But yes the worlds potentially most lethal game of hide and seek could be underway once that hour elapses.

I’m glad you like Valeen! I’m excited to join everybody here as my unga bunga orc-lady. And speaking of her: I think it’s most in character if she's already done her first quest to prove herself, but is just getting around to doing more in her intro post after being something of a layabout for a day or two. She doesn't hold on to her funds very well.
Also, I hope you're recovering well from covid!

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Alright since I'm sick and stuck at home I'm relying on you lot for entertainment. Naturally that means we're doing another OOC event >:]

This one isn't cannon. It's more of a 'what if' scenario (or three) to expand on what characters would be if they weren't at the guild. Characters get an extra ten points to add to their attributes for every question answered. If you have multiple characters only one can receive the bonus, though you're welcome to answer for all of them.

Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03 Peckinou Peckinou A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
For anyone new, you're also welcome to join in! I do events like these sometimes for fun and to hand out extra points.

The questions this time are:
  • What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?
  • If they owned a shop what would they sell?
  • If they were a farmer what would they grow/raise?

A new OOC event thing you say? Alright lets answer these hypothetical questions.

Guildstone Chronicles: What If?

What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?
If Ruvo ran away to join the circus he would probably take up a juggling act given his dexterity. Though if there were sideshows before the main event under the big top he would have an ventriloquist act as a way to utilize his magical affinity to still entertain crowds.

If they owned a shop what would they sell?
Ruvo is a fairly competent carpenter so its likely he would sell furniture and other goods crafted from wood. But he would also be interested in making and selling instruments.

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Alright since I'm sick and stuck at home I'm relying on you lot for entertainment. Naturally that means we're doing another OOC event >:]

This one isn't cannon. It's more of a 'what if' scenario (or three) to expand on what characters would be if they weren't at the guild. Characters get an extra ten points to add to their attributes for every question answered. If you have multiple characters only one can receive the bonus, though you're welcome to answer for all of them.

Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03 Peckinou Peckinou A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
For anyone new, you're also welcome to join in! I do events like these sometimes for fun and to hand out extra points.

• What act/background job would your character have if they ran away to join the circus?
OOC events??? My favorite!

1. Ashitaka would very, very easily be someone more acrobatic, perhaps a trapeze artist. He could probably make a killing: his balancing act is on point. That, or he would be getting delegated to some backstage role or *cringes* the freak show because of his eyepatch.

2. A shop? This... is a tough one. The two I could most easily see him being is the owner of either a book store or a smithy. A book store seems more likely: he loves books and he loves reading in his spare time. As for a smithy, its pretty much the only other skill he has. And even then its pretty sparse.

3. I have a perfectly canon answer for this! Ashitaka was a farmer for the majority of his childhood, up until he was around 17, and in that time he grew predominantly two crops, albeit poorly: rice and okra. He was never a very good farmer, but should he be relegated back to it, this is easily what he would grow - stick with what ya know amirite?

*Inhales deeply* Extra points~

1. If Nicolas was to join the circus, I'd say he'd probably be the one being shot out of a cannon, or perhaps he'd be dressed up as a stoic clown handing out balloons to kids. One of those two.

2. If he were to own a shop he'd probably sell random things he's found on the road that he thought looked interesting. Basically a thrift store, medieval style!

3. Finally if he was to be a farmer he'd raise sheep since they're simple creatures to tend to. Plus they would make for good pillows when he got tired.

Ah, the first OOC event is completed. Glad to be here! :closed eyes open smile:

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
Beat me to it! Nicolas looks good. Poor Yuri though, they seemed like they'd have loved the guild :'(

You're welcome to do an intro post in the main hall whenever you feel up to it. Nicolas can either be arriving there for the first time or already have finished his first quest, whichever you prefer.

---

Answering for Ymir and Milby first, might do Tyron and Azalea in a separate post.

Ymir (20 pts):
  • Tightrope or trapeze. Anything in the air, really. She hates dressing up though so she might stick to backstage instead.
  • An antique store. Both buying and selling. It gives her the perfect excuse to collect all the old items she has no use for, and she doesn't even have to care if they sell! She'll just supplement the income with commissions for maps. May take personal offence to people not being interested in her wares though.
  • Ymir grow up in the northern mountains, so farming has never been a big part of her lifestyle. She likes the idea of growing stuff more than she likes the practice, though if it came down to it she might consider raising chickens.
Milby (10 pts):
  • Announcer or living cannonball. Possibly both!
  • Milby would have a stall called Pocket Wares. It's a mixture of stuff she's grabbed out of pockets and bags, including a premium lint collection. She'll even give people a discount for buybacks!
  • Tried to understand the concept of farming once, which led to her burying a variety of snacks in the training field in an attempt to grow more. Thus far she hasn't had any success, but raiding the nearby wheat fields has been plenty bountiful.
Bonus cause I've been bored:
img_20220701_130714_by_arumey_df8cvyr-pre.jpg

RatKing RatKing - Ruvo is a penguin now, you can't convince me otherwise

Last edited:
Sylph Sylph
The penguin aesthetic was basically what I was imagining his upper still feathered half looking like with the shorter slicker feathers.

Now is that an Eiru fish I see there?

Penguin Ruvo !!!

Eiru is too microscopic for me to draw at that size lol. scheming fish is the best she's getting

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz
Beat me to it! Nicolas looks good. Poor Yuri though, they seemed like they'd have loved the guild :'(

You're welcome to do an intro post in the main hall whenever you feel up to it. Nicolas can either be arriving there for the first time or already have finished his first quest, whichever you prefer.

---

Answering for Ymir and Milby first, might do Tyron and Azalea in a separate post.

Ymir (20 pts):
  • Tightrope or trapeze. Anything in the air, really. She hates dressing up though so she might stick to backstage instead.
  • An antique store. Both buying and selling. It gives her the perfect excuse to collect all the old items she has no use for, and she doesn't even have to care if they sell! She'll just supplement the income with commissions for maps. May take personal offence to people not being interested in her wares though.
  • Ymir grow up in the northern mountains, so farming has never been a big part of her lifestyle. She likes the idea of growing stuff more than she likes the practice, though if it came down to it she might consider raising chickens.
Milby (10 pts):
  • Announcer or living cannonball. Possibly both!
  • Milby would have a stall called Pocket Wares. It's a mixture of stuff she's grabbed out of pockets and bags, including a premium lint collection. She'll even give people a discount for buybacks!
  • Tried to understand the concept of farming once, which led to her burying a variety of snacks in the training field in an attempt to grow more. Thus far she hasn't had any success, but raiding the nearby wheat fields has been plenty bountiful.
Bonus cause I've been bored:
img_20220701_130714_by_arumey_df8cvyr-pre.jpg

RatKing RatKing - Ruvo is a penguin now, you can't convince me otherwise
You're gonna have a whole manga by the end of these doodles-

wait... this is active again!?

now might be a good time to finally introduce my character to the RP!! >m<

I find it goes through cycles of hibernation. You're welcome to introduce your character if you want!

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Eyyy, Gion looks good! Is his history tied into Solmar, being the undead land to the south? If so that could work great for a future quest
I can't find the Solmar lore except a few mentions here and there, but I did write his backstory vaguely so it can be integrated with the lore easily so sure, he can be from Solmar.

All good! Solmar is one of the former main cities in the human region and otherwise matches your description of Gion's homeland perfectly, except that it fell to ruin only a couple decades ago. There are definitely some plans in the works for it, so Gion could be a good way for the characters to source some intel.

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
I'll probably ask everyone this, but do you guys plan to have your characters start out arriving at the guild hall in their intro post, or having completed their first quest already? The only thing it affects is if they have to do an initial trial to prove their rank, so I usually give the option to skip it.

All good! Solmar is one of the former main cities in the human region and otherwise matches your description of Gion's homeland perfectly, except that it fell to ruin only a couple decades ago. There are definitely some plans in the works for it, so Gion could be a good way for the characters to source some intel.

Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
I'll probably ask everyone this, but do you guys plan to have your characters start out arriving at the guild hall in their intro post, or having completed their first quest already? The only thing it affects is if they have to do an initial trial to prove their rank, so I usually give the option to skip it.
What does this initial trial consist of?

1) Juggler! I'm sure Gion can juggles some skulls while cracking jokes. "Do you know how I can do all these calmly? Because nothing get under my skin! Ehehehehe."

2) Service, Gion is the type to sell service rather than items. So he would probably make a bar or restaurant. A place where people can enjoy their stay. At least until he whipped out his guitar and try to entertain the customers.

3) Flowers. He thought florists are cool and well-liked. It would probably end as well as him trying to be a bard though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back