• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great War (SirLostBoy x Chibi_Girl)

"I know I need to tell her
...." Arty muttered more to himself thank anyone else, but the old wizard overheard the Prince's mutterings. "tell who what?" Merlin asked. "It's nothing... It's just I learned something about her people that she doesn't know about it, but I'm worried what she might do if she learns about it. She'll probably do something crazy.....but at the same time I know I have no right to keep it from her...." He said softly as he looked at her sleeping. Merlin chuckled as he listened to his predicament to which Arty protested, "what's so funny?!"

"It's nothing Arty, I've just never seen you care for someone the way you do her since your family, except for that Pegasus but I feel like that's different." Merlin laughed. "It's nothing....it's just she's important to m...I mean the kingdom. She's important to the kingdom and so I need to make sure she's safe and okay is all!" Arty retorted loudly as light redness formed around his cheeks. "I'm sure that's what it is. Look just tell her the truth and explain your concerns and just hope for the best....it's all you can ask for...." Merlin laughed again as he placed a comforting hand on Arty's shoulder before going up the stairs.

It was hard to see, but if one were to look close enough, then they would be able to see the slight blush on Jyn’s cheeks as the conversation between Arty and Merlin went on.

It wasn’t for a while after that, that Jyn woke up once more and slowly sat herself up, stretching a bit as she did so. Those herbs really seemed to work miracles as she looked almost completely healthy again.

Lili had yet to return though, and by the looks of it, it may be awhile before she does so.

As Arty watched over Jyn, he grabbed one of Merlin's books from the library; deciding to take the time to study some more magic and learn more. Eventually, as time went on, the sound of Jyn sleeping combined with the stillness in Merlin's tower started to affect Arty as well. He started to feel drowsy and before he knew it he had fallen asleep as well. By the time Jyn had woken up Arty's head had fallen back as he was still asleep and the book he was reading dangled precariously from his hand.

Jyn’s eyes soon fell upon the sleeping form of Arty as well as the dangling book which she gently took from his failing grasp before it fell after standing on her feet and quietly walking over to him. She couldn’t help but smile a bit as she saw how peaceful his face was while asleep, it was even sort of cute in a way. She quickly shook her head and blushed a bit at this thought though, not really sure why that thought came into her head. She soon pushed this though aside and stretched a bit, unsure of what to do now, as she knew that she could probably try to get out of here and get back to base. But something told her not, and to have patience for once, so she decided to listen to that part of herself and sat back down on the cot, wanting to wait for Arty to wake up before she did anything.

Arty was not asleep too much longer as he slowly opened his eyes saw that Jyn was awake. "Oh hey you.....are you feeling better now?" Arty said with a large yawn as he stretch out his arms and shook himself more awake. He smiled at her as he could see that she was looking better and glad to see that at least she looked a lot better now. "Do you want some water?" He asked as he got up and poured himself a cup of water.

Jyn smiled a bit at seeing him awake, nodding at the question, “yeah some water would be nice if you don’t mind. And yes I’m feeling much better now, I can’t thank you enough for helping me out there” she said kindly, getting up again and going over to him.

Arty was silent for a moment as he poured a cup of water for Jyn. His eyes were closed as he breathed deeply through his nose before letting his soft breath leave his lips. "We need to talk about something...." Arty said softly as he opened his eyes and handed to cup to her. "this isn't the easiest conversation to have and I think it would be easier if we sat back down to talk about it....." He said uneasily. "And now....before I say anything else, you have to promise me that you'll listen to everything I have to say and not do anything rash ok? It's important to me that you do this." Arty asked as he looked seriously into her eyes and waited for her to sit back down.

Jyns smile faded at this and a much more serious look filled her features as she was given the cup, feeling a bit uneasy herself now and wondering just what the hell he was talking about. She slowly nodded after a moment of hesitation though, not breaking eye contact with him “...alright...I promise..” she said a bit uncertainly before going back over to her little cot, taking a seat before looking at Arty again with the same seriousness that he held in his gaze, “...what is is then?” She asked, having the slightest idea on what he was about to tell her, holding the cup of water in her hands.

"So Lili promised me not to tell you but, I don't think I have any right to keep these kind s of secrets from you...." Arty said, hesitating slightly before he began to speak again. "She told me that your people....they've begun recruiting kids into the army and not by choice either..... she didn't tell me much more than that...." Arty began to explain, his eyes softly glistening at the depressing image. "And now before you do anything crazy just sit and we can think of something ok? She didn't want me to tell you because she was worried you would go try and do something crazy and.....I kind of sympathize with that...." Arty quickly added before she could respond. "but.....I also think what is going on is wrong and so I want to help you with it too....together this time, no more lone hero stuff ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back