• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great War (SirLostBoy x Chibi_Girl)

Lili nodded quietly and began to lead the way for him, her eye slightly glossy as tears began to build up in her eye. She wished dearly that she could’ve been like the other children her age, as they weren’t as exposed to the horrors of reality as she was. She knew far too much and was too bright for her own good, and she hated it but alas there was nothing she could do about it. As she led him along, she began to hum a song. Her sweet childlike voice was really coming through as she followed the scent of the plant. It was nearby, she knew this from the start. As the herbs were also used in sacred rituals for the deceased and considering where they were, it wasn’t hard to find them if you knew where too look. All around the edge of the opening in the wooden area, was the plants, they had been planted all around the burial site. After a few moments, Lili had reached where the sacred herbs had been planted and carefully plucked a few from the ground, still humming her song. The song was soon interrupted though as she quietly muttered, “....don’t worry, we’re only taking a few to help Ms. Jyn...” it wasn’t clear who she was talking to but right after she spoke, the wind picked up and a gentle breeze went by, as if an unknown force had heard her from the depths of somewhere that cannot be seen. Lili only have a small smile at this before turning to Arty, plants in hand and a single tear rolled down her cheek. “Let’s go save Ms. Jyn”

Lots of thoughts raced through Arty's mind as they continued towards the flowers. Just the thought of employing children of any kind for battle didn't sit right with him at all, and he wondered how long it would be before his general attempted to call for them to start training children soldiers. Arty smiled softly as he heard the soft tune being hummed by Lili; it felt like she still at least held on to some of her childhood. The prince hesitated as they got closer to the graves and decided to keep his distance. This was a sacred place and he felt he had no right to be standing there. He witnessed her talking to what appeared thin air, but then noticed what seemed like the wind speaking in response. This filled the prince with both wonderment and fear. Arty leaned down as he wiped the tear from her cheek and gave her a comforting smile. "Yes let's go do that,"

"It would probably be faster if you climbed on me and I get us back to the castle if you're okay with that," he suggested to her.

Lili actually smiled back at him and nodded, “that’s okay with me, I trust you” she had seemed to notice his hesitation and fear though as she spoke up a bit, “...I know that you may feel out of place here, but it’s okay...we trust you. All of us. They wouldn’t have let you enter if they didn’t and I wouldn’t have trusted you either had that been the case. You may as well be the first and only human so far that is allowed here....but anyways let’s get going.” She said softly before waiting for him to bend down so she could climb up him.

"Yeah, it's definitely taking some getting used to, my time here previously was for very different reasons..." he said softly as she got on and he stood up and was about to get ready to go. He paused for a second before asking," you mentioned your mom, but what happened to the rest of your family?" he needed to know; he felt so responsible at this point he needed to confront it headon at this point.

Lili was silent for a bit and her grip on him tightened a little before she spoke softly, her voice shaking ever so slightly as she did so “....I was an only child...so it just me and father now that mothers gone..but...he’s not the same anymore.” Her grip never loosened at all, it actually seemed to grow tighter, which was pretty easily to tell. Especially with her large clawed hands.

Last edited:
"I'm sorry....well maybe once the war's over he change back to how he was before...." he said with a hopeful tone in his voice as he could actually feel her grip tighten around his armor. Arty took a quick breath before he dashed off in a blur of silver and blue. While he didn't know exactly where he was he knew generally the direction they were in and the direction they had to go to get back. It took them about five minutes to get back to the border of the forest. "So you got two choices here kid: you can give me the plant and get of here or come with me to see her. Either way I promise no harm will come to you but this is up to you kiddo." he said as he waited for her response.

Lili answered much quicker this time and with much more confidence".....I want to see Ms. Jyn...I need to make sure that she'll be okay. But please, don't tell her the things I told you, she is aware that I'm not the average child but there were things that even our leaders had managed to keep from her...like the children soldiers. If she find out then she'll be the one to pick a fight this time....and I don't want her to put herself in danger like that...and I'm guessing that you don't either..."

"Okay then, you gotta stay close to me....don't want anyone to make any mistakes ya know?" The prince said softly as he offered her his gauntleted hand to her to hold while they made their way there. "I understand your concern little one, but I don't know I have any right to keep that information from her. She is fighting with her life for her people, and I know, in my position, if that was happening in my kingdom, I would want to know. Obviously I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I also know what it means to fight for one's people...." he said softly while they walked closer to the castle.

"...okay...I understand....but if you must tell her, let it be after she's all better, please.....I can't lose her too...she's the only one that can understand what it's like....she's more of a parent to me than my father has been in a long time..." That last part was said barely above a whisper. Jyn had been known for caring close for all the children after all, seemingly having a soft spot for them. However, the reason behind this was never made clear to anyone else. Even Jyn had her own secrets, ones that even Lili doesn't know.

"Of course....none of us want that okay? I promise everything will be fine. You have my word." Arty said as he gave the young child a reassuring smile. They walked back the rest of way through the castle. A lot of the people walking around the castle around this time gave them odd, confused looks, however were quick to avert their gaze when they met the sight of their prince which dared anybody make any comment on the small child. They were soon again met by Captain Erika who had heard that Arty had come back around. They didn't stop to talk to anyone and beelined for Merlin's tower. "We got it Merlin," Arty exclaimed as he and Lili quickly burst into tower. "Oh thank god Arty what took you so long...." the grizzled old man started until he noticed the small child trailing behind the prince. "look, my tower is a place of study for magic and not some bunkhouse for whoever you want to bring along ok? Also, by the goddess, why have you brought this poor child into this mess?" Merlin said exasperated as he stepped away from stabilizing Jyn to take the plant from Arty and quickly began to make the antidote. "Look, I haven't had many choices here to pick from so I did the best with what I could. Plus, she insisted on coming and with all that's been going on I couldn't possibly leave her out there alone." Arty said quickly back as he took Merlin's place trying to keep Jyn stabilized as Merlin finished working on the antidote

Lili had completely ignored the two men when they were talking and immediately went by Jyns side as soon as she caught sight of her. Gently taking one of her hands and holding it in her own carefully, as if the other was about to shatter like glass. The child said nothing and just looked at her sadly, hating to see her like this. But she felt somewhat relief at knowing that they had what they needed now to help her.
Jyn had let out a small wheeze when Arty took over, her eyes remained shut though and there seemed to be a constant pained grimace on her face showed but she no signs of waking up anytime soon. Her face had grown much paler from the last time he was there and the black veins had made it up to her neck but didn't grow any further thanks to Merlin, though a bit of black fluid was dripping from the corner of her mouth. It didn't look like she had moved at all from the time when she was first brought in there though. She didn't even react at all to Lili holding her hand, looking more dead than alive at this point.

"Luckily she doesn't look to have gotten any worse..." Arty muttered to himself as he took a moment to pull out a handkerchief and wiped off the black fluid from her mouth. He was able to maintain her for the next few minutes while Merlin got the antidote ready. "Here we go...." the old man said softly as he brought back a bright, violet, concoction that smelled both horrible and pretty all at the same time. "down the hatch you go..." Merlin continued as he lifted Jyn's head up and made her drink down the potion. The wizard laid Jyn back down and stated "now we can only wait for her to get better. Only time and her own strength will really determine." The prince sighed to himself as he looked down at Jyn with soft, worried eyes. "Don't tell anyone about this and don't let anyone in while I'm gone....as much as I might like to sit and wait I on't have that luxury...." he said softly as he turned to look at Lili. "you stay here ok? Mr. Merlin is going to take care of you while I'm gone. You can trust him....he took care of me when I was young." He smiled at the young girl softly before he turned back and left out the door.

Lili didn't want him to leave, but she understood and gave him a nod before he left. Turning back to Jyn and going back to sitting by her side, holding her hand softly, planning to stay there until she awoke. ".....please wake up soon Miss. Jyn..." she said softly as she gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Even though Jyn didn't awake from drinking the potion, her face slowly seemed to start to relax, some of the color in her face gradually started to come back as well, and most notable of all, the black veins crawling up her neck began to retract ever so slowly. Lili softly smiled as she kept watch over her, seeing the beginnings of progress.

As Arty closed the tower door behind him, he, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and let the tension that had built up in him to release. Arty opened his eyes after and walked back to his room to catch a quick break before moving on to his next steps. As he walked back, he ordered some soldiers to guard around the tower and to not let anyone without his express permission. It didn't take him that long before he reached his room and just let it all go as he practically threw off all of his armor, before throwing himself a bath. He cleansed all of grime, blood, and stress off of him as he processed the events of the days and what he had to do next.

About 20 minutes later, Arty came out of his bath, and got dressed to get everything else done. He dressed simply in a black cuffed shirt with light trim, some dark burgundy pants, and simple riding boots. He then grabbed his sword and headed down to the dungeon where he left his "uncle" as he knew that he had to deal with him. "My goodness old man....why you gotta make me do this...." he muttered to himself as he walked down to the big room that, not but too long ago, held him and Jyn. Two guards were standing at attention at the door while old Edelgard could be seen pacing back and forth in the room.

"Lili?Lili! Where are you!?" A nonhuman creature called from the forest, having left their base to go and look for his daughter. Normally, he wouldn't bother and would just let her do whatever it s that she does all day long. But Draq wished to hold a meeting on what their next move would be and ordered that all supernaturals were to return to base at once. The pale blue-skinned lizard creature walked among the trees, finding no sign of his daughter anywhere. Starting to grow annoyed, he walked faster and called out to her in a more authoritative voice, "Lili!Lili I'm done with this shit! come out now we need to go home! now!" After waiting a moment and still nothing, he groaned in annoyance and sniffed the air a bit, trying to pick up on her scent. His long tail flicked a bit as he caught a whiff of her send..as well as a humans.

"Hey....I hope it hasn't been too bad in here for you. Sorry about the blood on the sheets. There was an incident..." Arty muttered as he walked up to the cell door to face Baron Edelgard. "Insolent child....how dare you do this to me?! I took care of you after your parents died! It's because of me that you are who you are!" Edelgard shouted as he shook the cell door with the cell door fervently in frustrated defeatedness. "You did help me after my family was gone that is true uncle and I am ever grateful to you for that, but I am who I am because of many people and not just you....I have a duty to protect all my people....to keep young adults from sacrificing their life for nothing..." Arty said softly. "We have to change uncle. We have to let go of that hate in our hearts and open it up. They aren't as bad as you might think....I think we can find peace amongst our peoples." The prince explained earnestly, hoping to give Edelgard a change of heart. "Traitor....that's what you are....a traitor! You want us to make peace with monsters?! The only thing they deserve is complete annihalation!" Edelgard retorted back angrily, his entire body shaking in rage as he banged against the cell door. "Maybe, but that's not for me to decide that. Baron Edelgard you are being charged with treason and crimes against the throne and Royal tribunal will be held in the next few weeks, and you may make your case then. Until then, you can just stay here. I'll make sure you'll be comfortable." The prince decreed to him before he turned back to begin heading away. "You dare accuse me of treason?! You who wants to become friends with freaks of nature?! This is your mother's fault....she tainted you. She brings shame unto your family and I don't see how my brother could have stand to married her." Edelgard retorted and spit onto the ground. The prince stopped in his tracks, turned around and, in a flash, gripped Baron Edelgard by his throat; the old man gagging and gasping as he tried to get air into his lungs to no avail. "You keep my mother out of your mouth....or I'll execute you hear; screw the tribunal." Arty sold coldy before he threw Baron Edelgard to the ground and walked back to the tower to check on how things were going there.

Lili's ears twitched as she heard her father's call from the forest, and even though she desperately wanted to stay she knew that she couldn't for any longer. It was her time to go, she just hoped that she would be able to return. She soon turned away from Jyn and towards Merlin, "I need to go now....tell Arty that I'll try to be back as soon as I can....and to be safe. Thank you for taking care of Miss. Jyn though...I appreciate it" She then turned back to Jyn and kissed her forehead softly, "... I'm sorry I can't stay any longer....I'll be back if I can...I love you...be careful out there." Lili said, softy before making a quick exit before Arty returned, going out of a window and quickly climbing down before going for the forest, hoping that she would lie her way out of the trouble she was bound to be in.

Meanwhile after Arty came back, Jyn let out a soft groan and seemed to be coming to, slowly, her eyes scrunching up a bit as she tried to open them. They seemed to be as heavy as lead though, she was determined though, she eventually opened blurry crimson eyes and tried to look around a bit, clearly having no idea what was going on. Attempting to sit up, she muttered in a scratchy voice, "....what happened?"

"Where did Lili go?" Arty asked as he walked inside and she was not anywhere to be seen. "Who?" Merlin asked dazely as he was engrossed in reading. "The little child that was with me you old codger!" Arty retorted back strongly demanding the wizard's attention. "Oh! Yes, I'm sorry Prince Artorius, she wanted me to inform that she had to take a brief absence and that she would be back as soon as possible." He said as he jerked straight up snapping the book shut. "Okay then...well I hope she'll be safe out there..." Arty muttered as he noticed Jyn coming to.

"Hey, hey don't try sitting up so fast, you've been through the ringer..." Arty said softly as he helped her sit up and handed her a glass of water. "well what's the last thing you remember?" he asked her as he monitored her condition.

Jyn almost immediately started to down the glass of water as soon as it was handed to her, almost choking on it at how fast she drank it in greedy gulps. The coolness of it though helped ease the scratchiness in her throat so she sounded a bit better when she finally spoke again. “...getting attacked..the cave..and Lily.....wait where is she?..I heard her voice..she was talking to me not to long ago...is she okay?..please tell me she’s safe?” Jyn spoke, growing more frantic as she went along as she didn’t see the child anywhere, but could still smell her scent, as if she had been there very recently

Last edited:
"Hey hey slow down there, don't rush yourself there's a lot more where that came from," Arty said as he refilled her water and also gave her a pat on the back when she almost started choking. As she started to speak more and more frantically, Arty put up his hand to get her to stop. "Calm down Jyn, you just started getting better you don't need to make it worse....take deep breaths and I will explain everything to you..." Arty said calmly as he began to retell the previous events after she had been attacked and the cave. "We brought you back here and Merlin showed us the flower we needed to help make the antidote. After that it was a simple excursion with me and Lily back into the forest to find it. There were no issues and we got it and brought it back here. Lily stayed with you for a bit while I ran some errands around the castle. When I got back apparently she told Merlin that she had to leave but that she would be back"

Hearing that seemed to put her more at ease, though she was still clearly worried for the little monster child who was now god knows where. However she knew that the child was stronger than she appeared to be, and believed that she would be able to take care of herself until she returned at some point, hopefully soon. She slowly nodded as he finished recalling the events that have led up to where they stand at this very moment, “.....alright...thank you for filling me in on all that I’ve missed...hopefully Lili will be back soon...in the mean time though, I should probably go check on my people though and see if we need to prepare for another attack..” Jyn said as she slowly tried to stand up, but was immediately hit with a dizzy spell before she could even get on her feet, falling forward.

"Look, I understand your concern but you still need to rest. You have only just started recovering from the poison....you need to lie down some more..." Arty said softly as he caught her before putting her back down on the cot. "I can't have you going back while you're in such a compromised state. You won't be any help to anyone like this....you get better first and I will help you get back okay? I'm sure they will be okay for a little while longer."

Despite just how much she wanted to go out and check on her people, she knew that Arty was right. She’d be of no use like this and had to wait before she was better before doing much else. Sighing a bit, she slowly nodded, starting to feel a bit tired again, “...alright, fine...but once I’m better I’m going out there to help you stop this thing...hopefully you’re right about that though...” she said softly, trying to get comfortable as her eyelids were feeling heavy.

"I usually am..." Arty joked as he attempted to lift the tone of the situation. "I'll be here when you wake up and then we can talk about what we're doing after that ok?" He said as he pulled out a chair and sat down to watch her as she was starting to fall asleep and make sure she was alright during that.

Jyn just gave a simple nod at his words, as it was becoming too much of an effort to even formulate words into sentences by now. She didn’t even bother resisting the inevitable and let her eyes shut, falling into a light sleep shortly after. It was amazing just how fast the medicine was working though, so it shouldn’t be too long before she was back on her feet and ready to fight, that’s what she hoped at least before entering the dream world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back