• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Vita City: Honeybadger B&B
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

As though Arkane had summoned her, the high priestess arrived in the doorway, dressed albeit her hair was disheveled and dress wrinkled. She attempted to smooth her skirt with her hands as she took a seat beside the maestra, head held high and full of authority. Kiran was fidgeting at the table alongside Arkane, twisting one of his long braids around his index finger, plate empty after already having consumed his meal.

"I am sorry for the delay, everyone," Mabel said, helping herself to a bowl of oatmeal. "Did I miss anything of great importance? Were we discussing our departure? My things are mostly packed, so I can leave at a moment's notice if everyone is in agreement and ready."

The dining hall was apart of the bed and breakfast. It had its own wing, where guests would filter in and out. Many tables filled the room, though the mages claimed the largest table by far. While no one else was residing in their currently, it was not a private room, and thus anyone could walk in on them at any moment.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Dining Hall–
Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Elrandir Elrandir

"Some of those mages had such a late night."

Jari would hear the statement come from behind him as another figure slumped into a chair beside him, a woman with long dark hair and violet eyes. She brushed her hair over her shoulder, before offering Jari a pretty, perhaps seductive, smile. "You seem bright-eyed and bushy tailed, though. Must not be apart of the crew? I helped flick through journals for a little while, but a woman such as me needs her beauty rest, so I retired for the night around midnight."

Her gaze swept the cafeteria, before eyes falling back on Jari. "You're that Ignis Mage, aren't you? Would you happen to know Soren Monroe? I haven't seen him for a while and I was . . . looking for him." She felt embarrassed to seek him out, but why? He was merely a friendly figure, and she wanted to know more about the search for the blue-haired man. She'd entirely missed him the day prior, and today she'd hoped to luck out.

–Sanctus Heights: Library–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

After Incarose, Vincent, Diane, Vlad, and Arun poured through the journals, they would find all of Tekkanororia's adventures. She was a scientist, discoverer, adventurer, and also a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Some of her theories have since been proven against, whereas others remain skeptical. Nothing pertaining to the wraiths are found in any other works of hers, though you will notice that one of her journals has a biography and it stated that she retired in Vicus Elbii, where she lives with her four dogs and daughter. It was dated from three years, but it suggests that the scientist is still alive . . . .

--------

Arun's earth magic would show him the silhouettes of figures, those within the room at outside of it. He would hear Elders Javier and Absalom talking, something about the coffee and shortages and how they'd have to resort to tea with their guests. Elder Ivalice, who seldom left his quarters, was rummaging in a room on the second floor far on the east wing. Areas that Arun had never been to, but weren't that farfetched to imagine. Arun would, however, notice that the cathedral had a basement. But he had never seen an entrance to a basement before. If he searched, he would find a trap door underneath the tapestry in the foyer. There are servants in these areas, however, and they would highly question–if not stop–Arun if he ripped up the carpet searching for the door.

–Aeternalis: The City of Everlasting Dreams–
Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

The elder of the village was standing with his arms folded in his kimono's sleeves, speaking with a woman as she hung clothes on a line. Both glanced toward the large, muscular Ignis maester as he approached, the elder's thin lips curling up into a smile.

"Ah, Maester Daruk!" he said, offering the man a bow. "Good morning. I hope that your rest was well and the accommodations suiting your needs? It is with my greatest apologies that I couldn't have provided you with the means that you're accustomed to in the capital and such."

----------

Meanwhile, Yael wouldn't have to look far to find Timi on the other side of the field. He had a sack of flour slung over his shoulder, which he'd presumedly procured from the market. He was walking off, seeming as though he were looking for something–or someone–but had yet to spot the shapeshifter on Henry's shoulders.

Out in the distance, they would see Mellark looking rather solemn. The source of his mood would likely be from Lady Mia, who was waving her staff around carelessly, gesturing for Mellark to put away their luggage in an order that she deemed fit. They were preparing to leave, merely awaiting everyone to congregate. Mellark would be very grateful for anyone who came to rescue him from Mia's wrath and fury. That old dictator.

They would also witness Micah, who seemed relatively lost. He had some books in his arms, searching for his maester . . . .

–Vivifica Forest–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

As Ronin, Remy, Isabelle, and Eden traipsed through the forest, horses in tow, Remy's horse would stop abruptly in front of them, frowning as he stared off into the distance. "Something or someone is there," he whispered, leaning in to Isabelle's ear. He lifted his finger and pointed out in the distance where, between the trees, they could see a head of glowing turquoise hair. "Isn't that the way to the temple?" he asked, this time more in the direction of Eden. With Eden's time in the court of Vivifica and her wife, she likely would recognize the turquoise hair belonging to Richter.

As for Richter, they were remaining low profile, and unless he was actively looking for them, there's a chance that they hadn't been noticed yet.

Last edited:
- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Xion136 Xion136 Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"We were just talking about last day's events," Nero replied as she finished her tea, "and what should be done today."

The Maestra pondered on the events of the previous day while the rest of the group finished their meals. It had been quite an unfortunate mistake, one easily avoided, now they had to deal with any potential ramification of their actions.

"I think it is in our best interest to depart once everyone has finished their meal and make sure that your belongings are packed. Also, if you have any unfinished business, be sure to finish them before we depart," she said in a low tone, "news travel fast, and something tells me that mages being arrested and the High Priestess showing up to bail them out is quite the juicy piece of gossip. The quicker we leave the city, the lower the chances we have to encounter unsavory types of people. The High Priestess would be a tempting target, after all."

Nero would wait patiently for the rest of the party to finish their meal, or any other business. Her things were already packed and ready for the moment of departure. They had to reach the Temple of Vivifica before things went south.

- Diane Corbeau and Incarose Vassar - Court of Umbra and Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral Library -

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny

Incarose was stirring up. When did she fall asleep? She remembered reading journal after journal, passage after passage. Oh yeah, Iseult was there too when she went out to get some fresh air! The more books. Suddenly, she could feel a presence next to her, yet she dared not to move.

"Good morning, Incarose Vassar," greeted the voice of woman, "did you had a good night of rest?

The redhead quickly went straight, dropping a blanket that was covering her. She turned around, only to see the pale skinned Umbra mage sitting next to her, a few books stacked in a neat pile.

"Sorry! Sorry. I'll get that," Incarose said as she picked the blancket up, "Sorry for falling asleep."

"It's not an issue. People need their sleep or they will be unable to function properly," Diane asnwered.

"R-Right. Oh, d-did anyone found anything in those books?" Incarose asked.

Diane stared at the pile of books that they had brought back the night before for a few seconds before turning to look at Incarose.

"A few things, yes. It seems that Miss Tekkanororia was quite the adventurer and scientist. And odd convination, but useful," Diane said calmly, "It seems that she also had a . . . how should I call it. A habit of making conspirancy theories, some of which have been clearly disproven."

"Oh, um, does that means that these wraiths could be fake?" Incarose asked Diane.

"There is a possibility, but with the clues we found in the Lieutenant's office, I do not doubt that event took place, even it others think otherwise," she answered, "It seems that she might still be alive, if one of the books is to be trusted. It was dated three years ago and it seems she retired to live with her daughter and pet dogs. Perhaps a visit is in order? She might have more clues about these wraiths of the First Court. In any case, this information should be shared among those who helped us, and see who is willing to travel to find Miss Tekkanororia."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Arkane turned to look at the priestess as she arrived. He had a new air around her. Of authority and confidence. And while all of that was fine and dandy, the last thing he needed was for arrogance to be added to the list of things. "Mabel. I know we did not have time to go on and about the markets. But I did promise that I would get you something." He said, pulling something from his sleeve. It was a hairpin in the shape of the red spider lily, like the ones they had seen in the forest before arriving to the city. "Here. It should aid in keeping the hair out of your face." He offered, before giving a scolding glance. "However, we are having a talk about your stunt yesterday. The moment we are back on the road and in the carriages, we will have more than enough time to discuss there." He was almost acting brotherly, something that he would probably be teased on but whoever did so would face his wrath, probably. "I am already ready to leave and packed. The quicker we leave the better." He then used the hairpin to gesture at Mabel. "And once out of the city we are having a long talk in the carriage." With that, he offered her the hairpin. "Kieran seems to be willing to accompany us. A new pair of hands should not be too bad." He crossed his arms and glanced away a bit. He already ate, so there was no need to worry about him.

il_794xN.png

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Library -
Vincent glanced back at Pali and looked back down at the books. Vicus Elbii. Would she still be alive? And if she were, would it be worth the effort to go all the way there to see her? Ironically it was closer to the Ignis Court. If he could just message them about it, have someone speak on their behalf...but then he knew that would just be even a bigger mess. He held his face in his hands, groaning. Maybe they had to go and talk to her. Straight to the source. But what would that do? They were still questioning all of these people, and they still had no idea how on earth did the lieutenant managed to gather all of this information in the first place, either. Out of the two the lieutenant should be the priority, seeing that all of the information they had gotten so far had been from him. So if they could get a hold of his sources, they could continue the investigation. He lifted his gaze, listening to Diane. They had to go and speak with the lieutenant and see if he was well enough for an interview. Once again they were stuck on a deadend. "We could go visit her, but all of the information we got was from the lieutenant himself, wasn't it?" He asked her, standing up and stretching his arms. "He must have gotten all of this information from somewhere. From sources. Whatever sources they were, they were accurate enough to pinpoint two spot on presumptions and suggest the rest. If we can talk with him and find the sources he used, maybe we don't have to go all the way to Vicus Elbii...it's so far away..." He muttered, arms crossed.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Searching for Something -
Arun remained quiet, and focused...a basement? How come he had never noticed before? He had never been mentioned that, either. It could be nothing. It could just be a place where they would keep their perishables and old furniture...but why a trap door if that was the case? He snapped his eyes open, slowly standing up before escaping from behind the statue. Vlad. He had to find Vlad. Luckily it seemed that the shadow man had yet to leave, because he found him before he could go off to visit the lieutenant. A hand would land on Vlad's shoulder, tightening down on it slightly. "Vlad. I need your help." And, whether Vlad wanted or not, Arun would grab his sleeve and pull him along down the hallway. He walked with him all the way to the foyer, standing right ontop where the trap door would be beneath the carpet. "Vlad. There is a basement." He explained. "And there is a trap door beneath our feet. But I cannot go off ripping the carpet where we stand." He looked up at him. "Does...your abilities include phasing through floors? Maybe you can go and take a look?...and maybe I can come with you, if you can do the same with me?" He asked, his voice whispers and hushed.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis -
Yael found Timi, and the cat would jump off Henry's shoulder and run straight at him. The sound of meows would get closer and closer before he jumped onto his free shoulder. "Timi!" He cooed, leaning against him and rubbing his furry face against his cheek. "You are alright!" He spoke, purring rather loudly in this cat form. He would then jump off onto the ground and transform once more, now facing Timi in his human form. "I am sorry that your home was attacked by those titans...such disaster is something that no one should ever witness. Are...are you well? And your family?" He asked, genuinely concerned. Had he already failed someone else in this lifetime?

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, in Conversation with Vincent, Diane, and Incarose in the Sanctus Heights Library -

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir

Pali bobbed his head once in affirmation, appreciative of the fact that his upstanding word was taken for once. One does not get that much in the Umbra Court. even if you were from the Umbra Court. That was partially crushed when it came down to confirmation of his habits remaining consistent, to which his feathers got ruffled a bit.

"No. They are all gone from the capital, sad to say," he attempted to say with perfect poise, though the words came through gritted teeth, and then his eyes lit up. "Caelum Noirtier, do you mean? How knows one such as you of my family lineage?" He paused with a sigh as he rubbed his temple. "There has only been two Caelums in my years of knowledge, that of the sky above and that of my ancestor traced back through the descent on a genealogy chart."

Things progressed quickly, however, and he cut himself off to hear what else was said.

"Tekkanororia? She's alive? So the bet of who lives longer is still on." He turned to Vincent. "I've met her before. If a field trip is in order, please involve me. Visiting her would be profitable, and does not need to take as long as you would think. While I do not have teleportation for anything larger than small items, I do possess a capacity for flight that will cut the trip by half time."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, Talking with Everyth in the Dining Hall of Sanctus Heights -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Jari felt an itch of disappointment when Arun walked away, seeming occupied but, well, he could have said "Sorry, not now." He turned back into his seat and mumbled in his food for but a second or so before being spoken to by . . . oh, who was she? He recognised her from somewhere, possibly the search parties, but he did not recall her name.

"Was that going on? I was exhausted last night and turned in early too, but I feel much better now." He flashed a killer grin towards the lovely lady in conversation with him. "You must be thinking of Shiroo, my cousin. People say that we look alike, and I can't blame them. However, yes, I know of Uncle Soren because I lived alongside Ignis Court for a time! Family friend of a friend, but I enjoyed his company. He is still around, though he looked like he had something on his mind, so I did not bother him. He'll enjoy your company, though, I'm sure of it."

He did not know what was going on, but the romantic within him made him think that this was a rendezvous between clandestine lovers. How sweet if this were true!

"If you do not see him here, I may know the location he is heading. He has always been that way when I was around. Would you like to follow?"

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, Discussing Matters with the Elder of Aeternalis -

"GWA HA!" he bellowed, quite fine even after the conversation with Yael which only soured his day a thimble-full. "Not a problem! Your accomodations were more than adequate, and were in fact superb. Furthermore, I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for us before we part ways, as well as to make payment for the damages around here from the, ah, attack. Under different circumstances, we would do the building ourselves, us Ignis mages, but we must continue. Some of the damage was due to my mages' flames, including my own, and I regret that even if it was in defense. So, I am willing to make a check payable to the town." He pulled out what looked like a well-used checkbook and licked the tip of a quill pen next to it before realising that he had no ink. With a face between contained goofiness and sobriety, he added, "And for the use of an inkpot. Damages, funeral rites for the fallen, and inkpot."

- Vlad - The Shadow dude - Sanctus heights - Foyer -

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Vlad had spent most of the night in the library alongside the others, checking journals, books, searching for anything of particular interest. They were getting closer, but not at a rate he was satisfied with, in which case he had planned a visit to the Lieutenant to see if he had regained consciousness, and to Elia as well, he understood what the girl was going through in more ways than one. Vlad was almost on his way out before he was approached by Arun, who not only asked for his help, but grabbed his shoulder and dragged him. Vlad went along with it with the most neutral and blank expression a human could muster.

This must have been a pretty weird sight to the house servants of Sanctus, seeing two grown men, one in mostly armored and regal attire and a dude who was literaly in a casual coat with no shirt underneath, and his upper torso slightly sticking out of the unbuttoned top. "Listen you ask for help first, then wait for a response, not drag me before getting an answer." Vlad commented, snarking at Arun's action.

A trap door huh? Well that was cliche, in the foyer even? under a rug? now that was classic B theater plays with there, all they needed was a small lever disguised as a fire brazier on the wall.
Vlad brought a hand to his chin as he planned on how to do this, if he phased right now the servants would no doubt notice...so he had to try something else. Well he could drag Arun to the hallways and phase through the wall there, and move, unseen through the uneven angles of the shadows, the Foyer provided enough cover for a few shades, that was most of what he needed. There was only one problem.

"Well...yes, but." Vlad said, locking eyes straight with Arun. "How long can you hold your breath for?". Vlad asked him, dead serious.

- Henry Heid - Iginisian Sun - Aeternalis -

Yael was quick to shapeshift into a cat and hop onto Henry's shoulder, but that didn't stay very long as Daruk came over to talk to them, he ordered Henry to pack his things and head on over to the carriage, in which Henry wasted little time getting ready to do so. As Yael jumped off his shoulders to find Timi, Henry smiled at the fact Yael found a friend. He stood up, before looking around, looking for the others and Makoto, who were nowhere to be found as of yet. Laguna was weird yesterday, and they had a weird newcomer as well, Merrymaker was his name, which was weird.

Henry spied Mellark and Mia, however, Mellark was getting berated and ordered around by Mia, a rather embarrassing sight no doubt. Having nothing else to do other than wait for the others Henry approached them. "Good morning, Lady Mia, Mellark." Henry greeted them. "Mind if I help out?" Henry offered to help with the luggage and the carriages, mostly as a nod to Mellark to help the guy out a bit. And if given the approval he'd begin helping out sorting the luggage, and readying the carriage and horses.

"How are you? Lady Mia, I am glad to see you safe considering all that's happened yesterday. And you too Mellark." Henry spoke with them, with a friendly and polite tone as always. Even though he wasn't really close to them. "I trust...Makoto was a good priestess?" Henry asked, a bit more shyly this time.

Vincent snapped his head up. "Wait, you know Tekkanororia?" He asked, standing up to face him properly. That was fantastic! They could spread their investigation even further!...But they *still* needed to look for the lieutenant and ask him. Darn it! They needed a volunteer. He picked up his coat and hat from the chair. "Then we leave as soon as possible, but first we need to settle something-" He hurried over, walking to Diane. "Diane, Diane!" He was halfway pulling his coat, his hat tilted sideways. "Pali knows Tekkanororia, and his flight magic can grant us a quicker way to greet this. But we still need to figure out how did the lieutenant figured it out on his own...we might have to spread ourselves thin." He muttered, rubbing the back of his head. "What do you think? Should we have someone go visit Elia and the lieutenant, maybe question him how he managed to get all of this information? Meanwhile someone else can speak directly with Tekkanororia."

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Searching for Something -
Arun looked up at Vlad, thinking for a moment. It seemed that he was genuinely thinking hard on it, counting on his fingers before looking up at Vlad. "A minute?" He asked. "Would that be enough?" He tilted his head. "All of my practices and training have had me build up my stamina, and I do enjoy swimming at the beach and explore the deeper parts of the rocks. I think a minute and a few seconds? Would that be enough, Vlad?" Arun was tall, he was young, but boy was he a gentle giant. Even his voice was soft spoken and he had to analyze everything three times over before committing. Albeit to his credit, sometimes that process went faster than just a minute. He smiled at Vlad. "But if I die it won't really be a problem, right?" He chimed. "Vincent wanted for me to see if there was something that we could not see with the naked eye. I had to spend a few minutes focusing on my magic and I can feel it, there is a basement." He whispered, his voice only getting softer and softer.

- Vlad - The Man in the wall - Sanctus Heights - Basement Infiltration -

"I only need thirty seconds or less, it's just that ya don't want to run out of breath in there..." Vlad commented, maybe the words would alarm Arun a bit, Vlad instinctively hoped it would make the boy relent from going through with it, but Vlad's eyebrows rose as Arun disregarded the fact he could very well die from it with such a casual tone that it came both as a surprise and bewilderment for Vlad.

Vlad stopped Arun from finishing with next sentence with a poke to the man's chest, not a forceful one, just to grab the boy's attention. "Ya ain't dying, not while im here, enough people'ave died already on this an I don't want anyone'else biting it, much less a friend." Vlad reassured Arun, seeming quite serious about this, he didn't like when people disregarded their own lives, he hated it in fact. But a mage was a mage, especially an Ignis one, devout and adamant as they usually are. Vlad motioned for Arun to follow him to the nearest wall without any onlookers. As Vlad placed his hand on the wall he created the shadows, watching this Arun would find out how Vlad really makes these shadows through walls. His own shadow would move itself, crawling up his body and onto his arm as it spread to the wall, any braziers of torches or any light sources in the vicinity would be dimmed somewhat to create shade and low visibility.

"Take a deep breath, and keep your eyes closed while in there, alright?" Vlad warned Arun, before grabbing the guy's arm and diving straight in with Arun in tow.

Vlad would proceed to jump from shadow to shadow, any lack of light helped propagate his own shadow in order to touch a shade or someone else's shadow to travel to, and eventually they'd reach underneath the tapestry on the foyer, the one with the trap door, and he would proceed to pass through the cracks and any gaps in the trap door, slipping by through the shadows and darkness within. Unless the Trap door was magically sealed he'd be able to reach this "basement" in due time, it took a bit longer moving through tight spaces even in shadow, especially when taking someone along.

Now, during this whole ordeal Arun, should he have kept his eyes closed, and held his breath in, he would feel a very eerie sensation, the type that makes your hair stand up and activates your fight or flight response, he would also feel very cold...and floaty? as if he was submerged underwater, he would also feel as if something was near him...something not natural, something very wrong.

However if Arun opened his eyes in any way during this he would see...nothingness, blackness submerging him, as a shadowy, black silhouette pulled him along by his arm, with glowing red devilish eyes, with unnatural flame like streaks following any eye movement, the form endlessly shifting and twitching, and the distinct feeling of dread from looking at it, an underlying fear he might not have even known he ever had...after all no one ever does, and if Arun looked up...he'd see a distorted reflection of the foyer, and cathedral, almost as if he really was underwater in some way. They say every mage's magic is different, and usually adapts to the court in question, as Vlad was from Somnum, the darkness and shadows had a watery feel and theme to them.

Should the shadow diving work, and Vlad and Arun make it to the basement, a Shadow portal would open on the nearest wall or floor without any obstruction, as Vlad would throw Arun out of it first, before emerging from it himself. Letting Arun gather his breath, Vlad's eyes still glowing red, however, as they were in the dark.

–Vita City: Faraway Home Resort–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Early that morning a thunderous knock would boom on the door to the room that The bounty hunters rented. Tibarn, who resided on the couch, only snored louder as a result, his canteen sliding from his hand and thudding onto the floor, bubbling liquid pooling out. Vaike had been sitting quietly at the table within the room, awaiting for the others to awaken before they planned their next move. Immediately his hand shot to a dagger at his side, head jerking in the direction of the door. He waited, silently, wondering if the visitor would go away, but still the knocking persisted.

"What girl did Tibarn invite this time?" Vaike thought amusedly to himself, before crossing over to the door and opening it in a fluid motion. The ball and chain remained intact, so he only opened the door ajar to peer out. His violet gaze met with a man who wore a top hat outside of the door. The hat quickly slid over his eyes before Vaike could fully register his face, whether intentional or coincidence, he was uncertain.

"Mack here?" he inquired, to which Vaike only shook his head, before the realization dawned on him.

Mack. Arno. OH!

"Ah, yes, yes, I will fetch him. Please wait here–"

"No need," the man with the top hat said, waving a hand. "Just tell him that one of the Rat's ears has picked up on a Mabel residing in the Honeybadger bed and breakfast. I do not know the room, except that it is upstairs somewhere. She was accompanied by a tall young man, dark hair, seemed blind."

The words took a moment to register in Vaike's mind, and when they finally did the rat's attendant was gone. He promptly closed the door, turned around, and went to go find Arno to relay this information. Once he did find him, he would waste no time in informing him of what he heard.

Vita City: Honeybadger B&B
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Mabel visibly winced at Arkane's words. She didn't enjoy his disapproval, though she wasn't going to voice so in front of everyone, much less him. "I don't believe you are my keeper, or my father," she said, tone indifferent toward Arkane. She purposely tried not to meet his eye, instead focusing on the maestra.

"Yes, we should leave immediately," she said, rising from her seat, oatmeal hardly touched. "I will go finish packing."

Before she left, however, Arkane had caught her attention, presenting her with the hairpin. Color flushed in her cheeks, embarrassed that she had been angry with him. She took the gift, grasping his hand before lowering her head respectfully to him. "Thank you! It is so beautiful. I will cherish it always. You truly didn't have to do something so kind for me." She would waste no time in tucking it in her hair, before offering Arkane a beaming smile. "Now I wish that I had something as wonderful for you in return."

-----------
Once everyone was finished with their meal, Mabel would be waiting for them in the longe, her luggage alongside her seat. Kiran entered the room and stretched to one side, arms over his head. "Might as well tag along with you lot, for now." He winked over at Arkane. "I owe you two or three favors still, after all. Perhaps you'll need someone to shampoo that hair of yours."

Once they all gathered, they could head outside and to the main gate, where their carriage would be awaiting them.

Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Elrandir Elrandir

Everyth placed the back of her hand against her forehead dramatically. "Oh, I am so sorry that I had mistaken you for someone else! What was your name again, dear? I shall make a mental note of it so that I don't make the same error again. I must've been thinking of your cousin. It is a shame that you two must be apart, though perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that you aren't both in the same court. Lest your names may get scrambled often!"

She glanced around the cafeteria, searching for her star-crossed lover, and sighed. "No, I don't see the man here, though I am uncertain if I should really follow." Her hand fell to the table, before fidgeting for some coffee. She grasped it with both hands and brought the cup to her lips, taking a sip before studying it carefully. "So, young man, what is it like in the Somnum court?" she inquired. "I know very little about Somnum. I hardly know any mages from the court, except for another young man who fought alongside me protecting an elder the other day. Perhaps you know him"–she scrunched up her nose, placing her cup down thoughtfully–"Kagura, I believe his name is?"

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Library–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

At a nearby table, Shiroo rubbed the sleep from his eyes, before glancing over at Vincent and Pali in turn. "We be going on this road trip, then?" he inquired, slamming the journal shut and leaping up from the chair, as though it stung him. He stretched, sleeves sliding further down his arms.

"Count me in. I'm getting a little tired of the capital and its walls. Besides, I know Vicus Elbii quite well. I could help you."

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral - Foyer–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Attendants would flick around and past Vlad and Arun, but none paid the pair of mages much heed. They were honored guest, and their instruction was to aid the mages or stay out of their way. Inquiring as to why they were whispering didn't fall into either of those categories, and thus they were ignored.

Once they arrived in the basement, they found that they would be able to breathe freely. It was not airtight, and provided plenty of oxygen. However, dust permeated the air, which could be both smelled and seen, if they had light. The basement, however, was utter blackness, the only light coming from the cracks above which indicated where the trapdoor was above their heads. The basement was not a crawlspace, however, and they could fully stand within it.

Due to Vlad's darkvision, he would be able to see many old trunks, and, oddly, an old ancient golden scale standing atop a table, among a very old currency of coins scattered across the table that neither would recognize. A pearl necklace was resting alongside the scale and, if examined, it would be identifiable as being real pearls. A magnifying glass rested alongside these objects. Along the farthermost wall was a very large portrait hanging, half-covered by a drape. A stack of books lined one corner. If they were examined, it was clear that they were all written in Latin, the old tongue that few knew in the present day. Vlad, and perhaps both, would be able to detect the present of mice nests and a couple mice scurrying around. A cloak lay draped over a very old wooden chair, the chair entirely rotted and many holes eaten away in the cloak's material. Upon the cloak was a very thick layer of dust, and on it was also a family crest: a lernaean hydra, which essentially was a white three-headed snake. Vlad may recognize seeing it on Pali, and perhaps even Arun, as it was the Noirtier family crest.

If the portrait on the wall is unveiled:
it would reveal fifteen individuals. Seven on either side, creating a V shape, at the very center revealing a dark-haired man with a very smug smile. On his chest was a silver pin, featuring the same Noirtier family crest. There was no caption to indicate who these individuals were, yet their way of dress and demeanor seemed to exude importance and authority.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny

Timi seemed initially surprised, yet pleased, when Yael approached him in his cat form. When he'd inquired if his family was harmed the brunet boy shook his head. "No, it is thanks to you that we're all alive and well." His gaze shifted toward a burnt structure solemnly. "There's some damage, but I'm sure that we'll get by. We always do. It's just so weird . . . why do you think those forest titans attacked like that? Aren't they supposed to be guardians of the forest, protectors of Vivifica? They harmed so much, and tried to kill you guys. Why would anyone want the death of mages?"

Meanwhile, the elder of the city was taken aback when Daruk was planning to write him a check. He opened his mouth, preparing to protest, before he withdrew his tongue and clasped his hands in front of him. "Any assistance is very generous of you, Maester Daruk," he voiced, contrary to what he'd desired to say. "And I am very grateful to you. It is unnecessary, and I am ashamed to outwardly accept such an act of generosity from a court when you have already done so much for us. It is just . . . . Aeternalis has always been a humble city, and as of late we have had difficulty maintaining our economy. Our trade keeps getting intercepted by bandits that line the outskirts of the forest, and we have withdrawn from sending pages out without proper escorts and coverage. As such, we are a bit limited on jobs and funds."

With the mention of an inkpot, the elder gestured for the servant girl to return and asked her to fetch an ink pot, which she did so promptly and presented it to the maester. Her hand grazed Daruk's, causing her breath to catch before she darted away in a blur, her cheeks quite red.

Outside of the carriage, Mia beamed when she saw Henry. She moved swiftly over to him, the old woman considerably shorter than him. "Ah, yes, Henry. Good morning . . . . We are already late. Mellark here is smashing the bedrolls and already broke a quiver of my finest arrows. Would you be a dear and fix his mistakes? I am sure that you are more sensible and know how to properly pack a carriage. Somnum mage being lazy again." She patted Henry's arm before stepping aside, allowing him to get to work.

A muscle pulsed on the side of Mellark's face, and it was clear that he was doing everything in his power to keep his anger in check. He lowered his gaze, before murmuring under his breath. "Not a lot that can be done . . . . When we have way more luggage than one carriage should accommodate. Bedrolls can be fluffed. It's not going to kill him. And the arrows broke because I think Maester Daruk sat on them when someone left them in the driver's seat. Can't imagine who that could've been, except maybe the person sitting beside him." The one sitting beside Daruk had been Lady Mia, though the woman didn't detect his sarcasm, and thankfully had tuned out most of what he stated.

"Makoto is a gem and played her part well, albeit I was concerned by her connection with you, and if some would get suspicious or believe there was some kind of scandal." Mia waved her hand. "Not that it would seem too farfetched, since there's likely already whispers of a scandal between the dear girl and that Vivifica boy." A frown furrowed her brow. "I do wonder how the High Priestess is doing. She has never been without me for very long, and I do rather miss her . . . . I hope that she's behaving herself."

"And how are you, Henry?" Mellark interrupted, looking out at the Ignis Mage from around the carriage, aqua-blue hair shifting out of his eyes. "Did you rest well?"

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Basement -
Arun watched him poke him on the chest, looking up at him. He had to think his words for a second before blue eyes gleamed in surprise. "Wait, does this mean we are friends?" He asked. He followed after Vlad, and soon enough he would look around as Vlad prepared himself. Arun held his breath and closed his eyes, and soon he could feel the world become...light. It was as if he were floating underwater, and curiosity got the best of him. He opened his eyes, and all his saw was the abyss. Looking up it was as if he was falling through a tunnel, and the world above was disappearing. His eyes turned to Vlad, and he saw the red eyes gleam as the shadow pulled him through the ground. How come his eyes glowed like that? For a moment he considered a comparison, it would be as if a devil was pulling an angel into hell. Or something of the sort. Pulling a soul into nothing and sin and gone. It was cold. Even as an Ignis mage, it was fucking cold. Once they arrived, Arun was thrown out, the young man falling onto the ground, before quickly rolling onto his feet. Eyes tried to adjust to the dark as they focused on the red glowing eyes. "Cool." He whispered. He stood up on his feet, and raised his hands up. He took a soft breath and blew into his hands. A small flame came to life in his hands and just...floated along...did that flame have a face on it??? What??? The flame seemed to blink, looking at Arun as it floated around him, providing dim light. "Keep close." He whispered, the flame settling close to the ignis mage. "Fufu." The flame puffed. He looked around. There was so much. Anything could be of value in this place. "I guess we should search." He whispered, walking around. He relied on the small flame to see, so his sight was limited. It was very crowded, and he genuinely wondered how they managed to get some of the items found here through that small trap door. His eyes went directly to the covered hanging portrait. Because mystery novels have told him that would be the perfect place to hide something! He approached the wall, grasping a hold of the sheet that covered the portrait and pulled it off dramatically. But that only brought up more dust than he expected. He coughed, waving the dust away. His nose twitched, and he had to look aside to sneeze, which was accompanied by a string of fire like a dragon. Luckily it was short and didn't hit any of the nearby wood...but this child was a hazard. He wiped his nose gently, looking up at the portrait. "...who...are these people?" He muttered, squinting his eyes and leaning closer. He found the smug man. He must have looked smug throughout the entire painting process..."The Nortier Family? I have heard that they were old but I didn't think they were this old." He muttered.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B & Now To The Carriages -
Arkane placed a hand on his chest. "I am not your father nor your keeper but I am your elder and thus it is fine for me to give out advice." He huffed. However, much like he expected of the young lady, she was absolutely enamored by the hairpin, and his expression melted into a gentle smile all over again. "We couldn't possibly leave without getting you something. I have been here before, you haven't, so consider it a souvenir. Now go on. Let us get ready to leave."
---
Arkane picked up his stuff. Usually he would summon something to carry it for him but after the events of the day before he was not feeling like playing with fate until they were outside the city. His eyes turned to Kiran, his eyes widening and his cheeks turning red along with his ears. He snapped his face away, muttering. "P-Perhaps. The dead usually are throughout but I could use some...warm hands for once." He muttered, and off he was, straightening up and walking away. They would head outside, and the carriages were waiting for them. Arkane would sigh, rubbing the back of his head before looking at the group. Now they only had one (1) carriage, so they would all be ridding together. Which of course meant that Mabel would not be escaping the scolding that he had planned in regards to her newly given power of independence. He opened the door and gestured. "I only request to be sat across from Mabel." He added.

Yael hummed a bit. How to answer this question? "We suspect that the court of Vivifica has been acting under...odd circumstances. Something has happened, and we are on our way to see what has happened, and if it can be fixed. It is possible Vivifica realizes we are approaching, and merely wished to delay our journey, if not fully end it." He stretched on Timi's shoulder, crawling onto his head. "As for mages...not everyone considers Mages to be knights in shining armor. Being a mage, depending on where, when, and how you are born, can be a game of pure chance. Those born within the courts or with court connections are looked up upon. They are trained soldiers and protectors, who lay down the law of the land. Those born outside of the court can suffer either discrimination or fear. An untrained mage is a dangerous mage, and of course there are mages who use their power for their own benefit and the suffering of others. Those who have suffered through it once will forever be wary of mages. In some places mages are looked down upon. In others they are hated enough to be killed." Yael jumped off his head and transformed into his human form, landing besides him. "The world is vast and beautiful, but full of just as much evil as there is good. Never forget, Timi. Mages are not always good. Just because they wield magic it does not mean that they will wield it purely for good." Yael reached over and patted his head. "So...be careful."

Vincent turned to Shiroo, smiling as he threw his arms up. "Perfect! We have a team of three." He turned to Diane, offering a tired smile. "I had sent Vlad off to check on the lieutenant. I trust to leave the journals with you?" He asked, offering a small fist for a fist bump.

Last edited:
- Diane Corbeau and Incarose Vassar - Court of Umbra and Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral Library -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny

Both Diane and Incarose turned around to look at Vincent, one confused, the other emotionless.

"Spreading ourselves too thin could be problematic," Diane answered, "but it could also be the best choice at our disposal at the time."

"If you are staying here, then perhaps I could go in your stead. Is that a good option, Miss Corbeau?" Incarose said.

Choices choices . . . an unknown assailant, two unconscious people. Vala was there, and she was quite capable to deal with people, especially those who needed to be dealt with. What to do . . .? By the look of it, Shiroo was going to join the group traveling to Vicus Elbii, and there was Pali too, a capable member of the Umbra Court, and, of course, Vincent, who was rather capable too.

"I suppose we could do that," Diane replied, "I will go and see if the Lieutenant is awake. I am also wondering how Elia is doing after what happened."

Vincent offering his fist made Diane tilt her head for a moment. She stared at it for a couple of seconds, then stared at her own fist before slightly hitting Vincent's fist with her own.

"And don't worry, I will take care of the journals for the time being." Diane said calmly.

It took a moment but Diane had taken each and every journal and put them inside her cloak, somehow. Incarose stared at the pale woman with wide eyes.

"How did you do that?" she asked.

"Magic." Diane replied.

Incarose tried her best to not to laugh but after a few seconds she did. Diane just looked at the redhead with a confused look on her face.

"Fine. Keep your secrets, Miss Courbeau," Incarose said before looking at Vincent, "I am ready to join you whenever you decide to leave."

"Have a safe trip, and do be careful," she said to Vincent, "we do not know who or what could be behind this. Not yet, and not fully."

Diane gave everyone a slight bow and then left the library so she could look for Vlad. Apparently he also had to go and visit the Lieutenant.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Xion136 Xion136 Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

This change in attitude from Mabel was something that the Maestra both approved and worried about. It was good that the poor girl was finally able to spread her wings and be free from the chains of the elders, but that freedom could turn into arrogance and carelessness in the future if left unchecked. Her little stunt of using her title against her, and using her authority to release those who had been arrested was proof of that. Even what she had done just but a few seconds ago, telling Arkane that he was not her keeper or her father. It was a good thing that Arkane had told her that they would need to talk once they were back on the carriages.

"Alright everyone, I think 15 minutes will be enought time to finish your breakfast and make sure your belongings are packed," Nero said, "Let's met at the entrace of the inn so we can go back to the main gate and reassume our path."

-------------------

Nero was already waiting at the lounge, her suitcase already strapped to her horse. Her arms were crossed, her finger tapping her elbow at a steady pace. She was looking at Mabel without saying a word, more like looking behind her, but the young girl could confuse that look. Once everyone was ready, they made sure to go straight back to the main gate were their carriage was waiting. The Maestra wanted to make sure everything was perfect, so it took a little while as she spoke with their driver for a few minutes while everyone else was putting their luggage on the carriage.

Hearing Arkane ask to be seated across Mabel made Nero smile a little before giving Arkane a nod.

"I do not see a problem with that, Mister Gravemore." Nero said calmly, "In any case, lets board and get ready to leave. We need to reach the Court of Vivifica as soon as possible."

Last edited:
Purple for Mystics
Blue for me

Jynn would find Mabel's bed empty, and instead Mabel was in a heap on the floor by the sofa. She had dragged the comforter with her, wrapped up in the fluffy down blanket, brown hair loose and fanned on the floor around her. She stirred as Jynn mentioned her name, eyes slowly lifting to glance at the window before sitting. "Hmm, Jynn?" she murmured, glancing around to find the mage.

Jynn would hear Mabel’s voice on the ground next to the sofa. How did he not notice her on the floor? Perhaps he was still tired, and wasn’t fully paying attention to his senses. Nevertheless, Jynn kneels next to her, worried. “Mabel! What are you doing on the floor? Did you accidentally fall from the bed? Are you ok?”

She glanced over at him from over her shoulder and smiled. "Oh, no, no, I came over here in the night. I, um"–she hesitated, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear–"well, just felt comfortable being over here, that's all. Your presence is comforting." Slowly she dropped her chin to her chest. "I've really wanted to apologize for yesterday, Jynn. I snapped at you when you were only trying to help, and it was really unfair."

Jynn was glad she was not hurt. He chuckles a little. “Well, you didn’t have to sleep on the floor. I could’ve moved the sofa closer.” The priestess apologizes for the previous day, to which Jynn sighs in response. “It’s alright....... I have much to apologize for myself. I snapped at Maestra Nero, thinking she was blaming me for the arrests. I’ve just been under a lot of stress the past few years.....” He places his hand on her shoulder. “It was a rough day for all of us. But today is a new day.”

"Well, I wasn't going to wake you," she said, moving toward Jynn and resting her body against his side, her head against his shoulder. "The floor was relatively more comfortable than the forest floor anyway. At least I didn't have to worry about bugs."

She grabbed Jynn's free hand and idly traced her index finger along the creases of his palm. "I agree with you, this has been stressful for us all," Mabel admitted. "But it is not your fault for the arrests, and I'm sure that the Maestra will understand if you talk it over with her."

She nestled against his shoulder, growing still momentarily before continuing. "I will confess that I don't know how to properly handle the real world. While I may be a leader of Regalia, this is the first time that I left the city walls. Arkane is right, I'm not worldly wise. I don't know how to handle myself, or how to keep everyone safe. Especially those that I hold dear." She bit her lip. "I fear at the rate I'm going I'm just going to endanger all of you."

Jynn rests his cheek on her head, and wraps an arm around her back. “Well...... there’s a first for everything. We all learn differently, and at different paces. I know the outside world may be both exciting and overwhelming to you, and that’s okay. Sometimes, the best way to learn is by making mistakes. We all make them. Even I do......” He gently closes his hand onto hers. “Don’t worry. Over time, you’ll start to become more and more comfortable with the outside world.”

"But what if I make a mistake that costs someone their life?" she asked him, pulling away to gaze into his face with large hazel eyes. "What if I make bad decisions and ruin everything? You, Arkane, and Maestra Nero can't always be there to clean up my messes. You all are risking everything in protecting me, all because I am making foolish choices now that I'm now longer in a cage within the cathedral.

"Sometimes I think Maester Gerik was right," she added bitterly. "Maybe I should've left it all up to you, and I'm a liability that might get you all hurt."

Jynn was unsure how to respond. It was clear that she was starting to doubt herself, worried about putting everyone in danger. Jynn looks downwards. What could he possibly say at this point? “Please...... don’t say hurtful things about yourself.......” He looks back to her. “I promise.... we’ll help you out along the way, and as long as we all stick together, we will be alright.”

He places his free hand on her cheek. “Though we may be mages and are expected to look out for each other, it is something friends do as well.” He rests his forehead on hers. “It’s what I’ll do.... always.”

Mabel bit her lip, leaning her forward into her beau's forehead. "Sometimes it hurts," she said quietly, "that you can be so kind. Sometimes, it feels like more than I deserve." There was something indifferent in Mabel's voice, something slightly more assertive, more saddened.

Still holding his other hand, she gave it a tight squeeze. "Surely you are going through a wide variety of emotions. You are the heir of Vivifica, yet as things stand we are in direct conflict with Aislinn. You know as well as all the other mages that this conflict may not end quietly, and that some of your Vivifica mages might even try to hurt us, or get hurt themselves." She swallowed hard. "I am sorry, Jynn. I have been so selfish asking you to escort us, to face your own mages head-on and confront them, to betray them. I don't want you to feel bound to this task. Please, if it is something you don't want to do–that you're not comfortable doing–I want you to know that you can bow out. Now. Anytime. I will not obligate or think less of you."

“Yeah. It is something that has been bothering me. But, I assure you, facing my court has been on my mind for a while now, even before I arrived at Sanctus Heights.” He leans close to Mabel, and rests his lips upon hers for a few moments before pulling back. “Don’t feel that you’re making me do this. I refuse to back down from my goal. I must stop Aislinn and her supporters before they hurt the citizens of Regalia or themselves.”

The priestess returned his kiss, before offering him a genuine smile. "Thank you, Jynn. Regardless of what you might think, I believe you'll be a great Maester one day." Her hands gripped the blanket that was still on her lap. "How has it been . . . without your sight? I am sure that it is something to get used to. Do you still feel confident in the confrontation that we're about to face?"

Jynn smiles. “Thanks Mabel....” The priestess then asks about his vision. “I think I’m getting the hang of it. It’s definitely making me use my senses, but I feel confident in my abilities, should I need them, even with my ailment.” He uses one hand to grab hers tenderly, and another wrapped around her back, before giving off a bright smile. “But enough with the bad for now. Let’s keep our heads up, and stay positive.”

"Good, I'm glad." Mabel forced a smile before her gaze drifted toward the ground. "Yes, being positive. Lady Mia is always preaching the same to me." Lifting her head to gaze at him from over her shoulder, she proceeded to ask. "Where do you see yourself once this is all over, Jynn? Where do you see . . . us?"

Despite her attempt to be positive, Jynn could tell she was still conflicted. In an attempt to comfort her, he pulls her into an embrace. “Well......... that’s a tricky one...... I’m sure we can find ways for us to spend time together in secrecy.”

"But for that to be your entire future?" Mabel shakes her head. "I want you to have a life, Jynn, not to spare occasions where we can be together. Once this is over you're going to be the Maester of the Vivifica court. You will have so much responsibility on your shoulders, and you'll hardly even be able to leave without duties. I don't want to complicate things by being your secret girlfriend in the capital. That's just selfish of me, and not right."

Jynn sighs and gently tightens his embrace. “I know. I appreciate your concerns........” He looks to the floor. “But..... a life without you in it......... is an empty one. I cannot fathom the thought of losing you. Again. When we parted ways when we were little, it tore me apart. Sometimes I asked Maestra Lillian for extra training to escape the loneliness that loomed over me. The maestra thought it was the idea of not being able to spend time with you frequently that was putting me down. But it wasn’t..... It was the knowledge that I could never see you again as a friend that did.” He sighs again. “Even if we could only be together one day of the year, I would be content.....”

Silent tears rolled down Mabel's cheeks, her grip tightening on the sleeve of his shirt. The tears finally fell, landing on Jynn's shoulder, perhaps his only indicator that she was upset.

"You ask too little for yourself," she whispered. "While befriending you is probably the greatest thing that has happened in my life, it is probably the worst that has befallen you. I hope that I don't draw you to ruin one day."

She paused for a moment, as if deep in thought, before drawing away from his embrace, her hand extending to interlock fingers with Jynn. "But come! I'm starving, aren't you?"

Jynn remains silent while Mabel sheds her tears and worries, hoping not to upset her further. A few moments pass, and Mabel calms herself before asking Jynn if he was hungry. The mage smiles. “Yes. Let’s meet up with the others for a good meal.” He gives her one last kiss before helping her off the floor. “Let’s get ready.”

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Honeybadger B&B

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The mage followed behind the priestess and ate a bit silently, unsure how to interject himself into the conversation. But when it was time to head out, he visits Mel, who was currently being tacked up and ready for the trek ahead. It didn’t take long for the ranch hands to finish loading everyone’s belongings to the carriage he was pulling. Jynn pats his horse on the muzzle.

Jynn takes his leave and soon meets up with Maestra Nero and Mabel, now ready to call himself out. “Maestra Nero. I should owe you an apology for yesterday. I’ve just been through a lot lately, and I misinterpreted and overreacted to your words yesterday. It’s fair to say I was being an ass.... I hope you can forgive me.”

Last edited:
- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, with the party heading for Vivifica and leaving Aeternalis -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Daruk had a pained look on his face as he weighed the situation with Aeternalis. Bandits taking out supply lines was not unheard of, but it was the duty of the Four Courts to fend off bandits should city and outskirt watches not be able to intervene, at least in his mind. To his knowledge only Ignis took on the bandits in the lands under his protection, but it could have been that the other Courts did the same. The next time he talks to one of the maesters or maestras he should ask or propose the question of whether or not their court does this.

The servant girl came and returned quite swiftly with ink pot in tow, and when her hand touched his she seemed even more of a beauty than she already appeared. Daruk observed her before she slipped out of sight, and looked back at the elder with a beaming grin.

"You have good and promising help, much like myself. I'll do what I can to help you and your people beyond money, however I do not make it public knowledge that I will assist you. I do not wish to cause open war with Vivifica for supporting their neighbor under a false premise. Nevertheless, I will even come out myself for the opportunity to strike back against these bandits." He dipped the quill into the ink pot, set it down, and started making out a check on a nearby surface. After some time and some sharp movements of his hand, a bank check was fully made out and handed to the elder. "I wish these were different circumstances again, but you have my respect and gratitude. Till next time, elder."

Daruk did not offer much pause, but he smiled at the village elder before strutting off back to the others, a million things on his mind. He wondered if he should stay back here, or if he should have made that check without having first consulted his balances. The funds of a court were not limitless, but sometimes the facade of having an open wallet as well as his open heart endeared Ignis to the people in an age where mages needed trust. He wondered why Vivifica did not protect its borders, and what lay ahead of them. With all of that locked away in his mind, he made it back.

"Hello, everyone! Ready to head out?" he replied, clueless to the situation at hand. He looked around. "Where's Yael and Maester Gerik?"

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, in Sanctus Heights' Cathedral -

The fox kid blinked in embarrassment, unsure of what to say and keeping quiet until the end, and even then he felt his heart skip a tick upon Kagura's name. Why did his heart do such when he knew his own feelings on the matter, even in such an unnecessary moment such as this when he was only referenced? And by George why did everyone know him as a "he" when Jari did not know until yesterday?

He licked his lips and replied, "Yes, that's his name. He and I have recently turned into good friends on this journey, and we are both followers of the arts. Kagura is a master of dance, and quite amazing with water magic. I myself -- oh, sorry, my name is Jari, Jari Coriander -- am an artisan of sculptures and painting, and Lady Nero, our maestra, deals profoundly with the art of writing. Mako is here too, but I haven't seen her for a while. She is quite gifted too, and makes people smile, most especially. . . ." He looked away for a time, hoping to hide his interest in the Somnum girl beneath a facade and then bury it with words. "Somnum Court fuels the arts more than fighting, though when our focus shifts, well, you really do not want to mess with us and our fervency, Laguna for instance being an artisan of raw fighting.

"But how about yourself? Each court paints the other in a different light. I know Ignis well, but not Umbra or Vivifica. Can you tell me a bit more about yourself, or of your court? I am curious about how things work where you are from."

((Waiting on Pali for now, not that you would want a break from the sheer length of my posts. =P ))

Last edited:
{Gerik Lockford: Umbra Court; Aeternalis}
"Here, old boy." Gerik's voice called out behind Daruk.
The Umbral Maester was yawning a little as he strode up next to his colleagues.
"I must beg your forgiveness for my absence." He said in his best sincere voice. "The crisis seemed to be well in hand and I needed to attend to some missives Micah collected from the local messengers. Sadly, though we be on an important journey, paperwork continues to hound me. I rather curse the day when that curious Somnum mage invited high speed messaging."
A playful smile played across Gerik's lips as he slaps Henry on the shoulder.
"You'll do the same, in time."
He rather regretted that crack. It was needless and too telling. An overcompensation for what he was actually feeling. After send off the orders last night, he had come to the realization that he had more lingering sentimentality than he previously believed. If fortune was with him, those preparations would not be needed. But if not...well. He would learn how heartless he could actually be.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136

{Anya Alighieri: Ignis Court; Sanctus Heights - Cathedral Library}
Anya Alighieri walked into the Cathedral Library, dusting herself off. She had hoped to fix up a few things, then get to the investigation. But when an orphanage needs to be rebuilt pronto, it's hard to say no.
"Alright, things are happening." She commented, nodding to Diane and Vincent. "Excellent. Can someone get me up to speed? I need to pummel something other than debris."
The Phoenix Bearer caught Incarose's eye and gave her a friendly wave.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Thanny Thanny Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

{Valery: Vivifica Court}
The Silent Warden of the Vivifica Court watched as her charges made there was to there assigned hiding place. While duty had led her to accept her Maestra's assignment to escort nonessential personal away from the Temple, Valery couldn't help but feel she was abandoning Aislinn there. It didn't help that her sleep had been poor of late. The old nightmare of trying to grasp her brother Davide's hand was back. He was running towards her, a hazy blob of recollections she could never get into focus. It use to be that when they almost touched, she was jerked away into darkness. She had to believe that it was a hazy memory of when she was taken. But now the dream changed. Instead of her being pulled back, Davide was ripped away by the Wraiths from the Valley of Magic, taking him through a glowing...hole in the air. It then took on...a form? That's when she'd wake up in a sweat.
Valery knew she could not abandon these people she was assigned to escort. But with this fear and doubt in her heart, she also couldn't also hide away herself. Once her comrades were safe, perhaps then she could defy a few orders...

Vita City: Departure
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Mabel shot Arkane a scornful look before climbing obediently into the character, long brown hair shifting over her shoulder as she fumbled with her hoop skirt into the seat. Her heart was pounding a little too hard as she nervously twisted the fabric in her fists. It seemed that Arkane was disappointed with her, but why? She had only been doing what he had encouraged. Had she overstepped, or made a mistake once more?

The priestess would watch as everyone filed in. Kiran squeezed tightly between the carriage wall and Arkane, throwing his feet on the seat opposite him alongside the priestess. Brows furrowed, Mabel moved away from his dirty boots, closer into the person beside her, which likely was Jynn. Fyenne would be wherever Eclaire was, though seemed distressed at the crowded carriage, especially seeming disturbed by Kiran's presence. "Um, Eclaire?" she whispered into the woman's cat ear. "Do you suppose maybe we could sit on the bench outside the carriage with the driver? I'm feeling a bit . . . um, cramped and claustrophobic with so many people." She would lean her head of long silky locks against Eclaire's shoulder, half-burying her face into the woman's arm.

Once everyone was seated, the driver would urge the horses gently onward, and they would be off in the direction of Vivifica Forest once more. They would be arriving within the afternoon, the major distinctive trait of their arrival being the thickening of the trees, greenery extending all around them. The trees themselves would appear more aged, mature, and mysterious. The birds seemed to whisper more than chirp in the forest, and everything felt more alive than any other forest that the had encountered. Maestra Nero, in particular, would notice the strange aura of this forest in comparison to the Somnum Woods.

They still had at least several hours of travel ahead of them by the time they just arrived into the forest. But the end of their journey was growing nearer. It would only be a matter of time, and both Eclaire and Jynn could probably signal to them when they arrived.

(I am intending for them to arrive in the area of the temple next update, 9/13, if all goes according to plan)

RikuXIII RikuXIII , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Timi's eyes widened in surprise at Yael's accusations of Vivifica. "Really?!" he asked incredulously. "But Vivifica mages are always so kind! They come here frequently on spiritual pilgrimages and to maintain our city. They are kind of weird, but are very gentle and compassionate. I once met Maestra Aislinn, and she treated me like her own son. I was pretty young then, but once when they were staying, I was curious and snuck into her room. She found me, but instead of scold me she took me gently by the hand and was showing me her flute and allowed me to eat berries from her personal stash. When my mother came looking for me she apologized and said that SHE was the one who found me and wanted to show me how to play her flute. She had such a big heart. She gave the best hugs and had the warmest smile. I'll never forget how she always smelled of lavender."

Timi appeared sad and bowed his head, shaking his head. "There must be some other explanation. Surely she wouldn't want to end your guys' journey, no matter what you've done." He stood up straighter and looked Yael dead in the eye. "I wish that there was some way that I could go with you," he whispered. "You have been such a great friend, Yael. You understand me so well. I don't want to have to say goodbye." A tear rolled down the youth's cheek as he determinedly wiped it away. He offered Yael a bittersweet smile.

The elder accepted the check and his eyes widened upon reading the amount. He bowed lowly to Daruk. "You have my sincerest thanks, Maester of the Ignis Court. You are always welcome to return at any time. It will remain between us that you will consider further aid. I will assure you that such is not necessary, but, again, is greatly appreciated. We have sought the help of the Vivifica Court but, alas, the court has been silent as of late and no aid has come. Which is so unusual"–his brow creased into a frown–"commonly the Vivifica mages would filter through here in the spring, but this year has been devoid of mages until you arrived."

As Daruk bid farewell the elder held up a hand and waved. "I shall pray for your safe journey!" he called out in response.

Lady Mia whirled around, her head turning to such a degree that shouldn't have been normal for a woman her age without immense strain on her neck. "Ah, there you are! Feel like driving again, or would you like to allow this old lady a hand at the reigns?"

Micah obediently appeared from behind Maester Gerik, a satchel over his shoulder. He glanced at Gerik, brows furrowed, as he seemed jovial with Henry. What could possibly have left him in such a good mood? Surely not the messages and paperwork that he was dealing with. The youth mindlessly stroked his raven as he followed behind Gerik obediently, wishing that they could privately discuss the matter at hand with his maester rather than having to be crowded with mages from the lesser courts.

Once everyone was seated and a driver was designated between Daruk and Mia, they would be off once more. With luck on their side, they would hopefully reach the Temple of Life by nightfall. However, with no Vivifica mage at hand, they would have no means of entering the temple even if they managed to somehow find the court's location. They would have to hope and pray that Jynn and Eclaire had made it to Vivifica safely and that they could access it through them.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Library–
RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Thanny Thanny

"Ah, Aunt Anya!" Shiroo jerked his head up and waved at her also, thinking that the wave meant for Incarose was directed at him. "We were just investigating some leads left behind by the fallen lieutenant. Apparently he had some good information to go off of, and we're trying to get the root of the problem. Some of us are planning to go to Vicus Elbii to interrogate Irasbeth Tekkanororia, the scientist and author of these journals. Want to come with?" He closed the journal and rose from his seat. "Of course, we aren't all going, so if you so choose to stay and help with the city I'd understand. Not like it'll be your first rodeo in Vicus Elbii anyway, right?" He had assumed that Anya had been to Vicus Elbii before since it was so close to the Ignis Court, but wasn't wholly certain since he hadn't seen her there the times that he'd been.

Shiroo turned toward Vincent and Pali in turn. "When do you suggest we leave? I should go start packing."

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Foyer–
Elrandir Elrandir

As Diane searched for Vincent the kind maid, Viola, wandered up to the lich. "Hello, Miss Diane!" she said cheerfully. "Is there anything that I can do for you?" Perhaps it seemed that Diane was looking for something, or someone, and thus Viola wanted to make it easier for her.

Thanny Thanny

A smile flickered on Everyth's face as she noticed Jari's expression change at the mention of Kagura. She didn't know the story or details, but she felt that there was an unspoken story that was shrouded in Jari's carefully strung words.

"Jari. A pleasure," she said. "My name is Everyth Castanova, a descendant of the Surdus Family, which has lingered in the Umbra court for many generations." She listened quietly as Jari explained how the Somnum court was heavily reflective of their arts, which she hadn't known and yet seemed to make sense to her. "I have quite an appreciation for fine art," she informed him. "I'd love to see some of your work if you are willing to share them with me one day."

At the question of her court Everyth let out a sigh, biting her lip as she leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "What to tell you of my court . . . " she mused, bringing a finger to her lip. "Well, we keep to the shadows, and our secrets. Umbra is very much about status and titles. Honored is earned, but not likely in the way that is common in other courts. Unlike other courts, we find beauty in the afterlife and death, and have embraced the arts that are not embraced within other courts. We bring life to undead things, work with the blood of living ones. Practices that some may find unethical, but to us we find them merely an extension of life, another form of creation and being. All that we scorn is lowlives and senseless altruism, or at least from my own understanding. However, most umbra mages are so interested climbing to the top of the leaderboard that they have little interest in mingling with others. And thus, it is a lonely court of people always trying to one-up each other."

She gripped her elbows and offered Jari another smile. "But alas, it is home and all I have ever known. I think, ultimately, the four courts all want the same thing. We just go about it differently. Would you not agree, Jari?"

Not long ago, in a temple far, far away: (tan from me, blue from Heart of Ferria)

Reynald happily accepted Luka's invitation. He entered the mage's quarters, quietly glancing around and voicing nothing about his opinion on their current state. Gingerly he set the tray down in an open space on Luka's desk, taking a chair as he was invited to and sitting down. He leaned forward, gripping his elbows thoughtfully.

"So," he started, gesturing a hand toward her varying amounts of progress. "It looks like you've been busy. Dare I ask what your latest invention is this time?"
Luka starts by poking at the food on the tray as Reynald gets settled in. Her eyes glancing around at his every move. she was cautious as always especially with this project. "Bangles that modify the flow of mana in ones body... currently its at the point where the strain actually weakens magic flow and stifles discharge. the end goal is to create the opposite effect while stifling the mana loss a mage would usually feel while using bigger spells. I have a few hypothesis' about how to go about this, but it's still rather dangerous to use as a mage could lose their magic all together if their will wanes. I lasted about 10 seconds before I had to take them off" She was completely honest until the end. that last part was also a hypothesis... and a deterring rumor she would bank on him spreading. She would then pierce the food with her fork. A yawn would sneak up on her as she began to add "Thats the current invention."

"Very interesting . . . . " he spoke slowly, a frown furrowing his brow as his gaze lingered on the partially complete object on her desk. "You know, this isn't necessarily a bad product in itself. I think the High Priestess' council would pay quite the sum to be able to stifle the magic of others, chiefly rogue mages and the like. Maybe even those who they don't want to come to power."

Finally, Reynald offered Luka a gentle smile. "It is no surprise to me that you were able to endure its strain," he said, having no idea that Luka was bluffing. "You have a will of iron, and if any mage could withstand its draw, it would be you." He began to rub his temple thoughtfully. "I do hate the thought of you having to experiment on yourself. What if something were to go awry, and you would be lost to your project? Have you ever thought about finding volunteers who would be willing to aid your cause?"

Luka would slowly eat as she spoke, taking bites between explanations causing the conversation to slow down a bit "I would seek volunteers.... if it weren't so dangerous. the loss of magic is also too much of a risk for others." she holds her thumb and index fingers close to each other, but not touching. "Lets also be realistic.. would you chance the powers you hold?" she asks as a charge of electricity arcs between her fingers. The Ruby sand dusted book begins to float and open to the pages on necromancy. before moving towards Reynald. "I also might have incorporated an aspect of necromancy into one of the stones... and while it not being necromancy. many may fear I've taken a step towards it. All of these reasons are why I do not think I will take on volunteers."

His expression remained neutral as Luka posed her question. He straightened his neck and held her gaze with confidence. "If it's a cause worth fighting for, you may be surprised what your loyal mages would be up for risking," was his response. "Would I chance my powers, if I was reasonably certain of your capabilities? Perhaps. Some things are worth sacrificing for the greater good . . . wouldn't you say?"

He eyed the floating book, though said nothing regarding it. Instead he merely shook his head. "Necromancy isn't frowned upon in some of the other courts, nor do I, personally, frown upon it. It seems to me that you like working alone and risking your own life, and that's fine, but what if something happens to you and your research is halted definitely?" He brushed white locks from his face. "At the very least, you should seek assistants, if not volunteers for your research. Heaven forbid something happen to you, but in the event it does, someone could at least continue your legacy."

Luka kept eating for a moment before she spoke up, her prongs of her form arcing with her magic. “Regarding the Necromancy, that may be. But I know many people who are brought discomfort by it. Death can be quite a taboo topic after all.” She takes a few more bites of the meal as she finished it. Feeling quite refreshed. “I’ll record the work in my tome... if you need to open it all you need is a bit of my DNA. I’ll place the seal on it tonight” she takes the book back staring at its contents. Just be careful about the bangles when you yourself touch them, if you do ever try To that is. With that I will proceed on this endeavor without aid”

Something glinted in Reynald's eye, and Luka perhaps saw his grimace when she once more rejected aid. He took her emptied tray and rose from his seat obediently.

"As you wish, Miss Luka. Whatever you require from me, you know that I would willingly give it," he said. With that, he left the young genius to her work.

Last edited:
- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Main Gate -

One by one, each passenger boarded the carriage, it was going to be a long ride, but they had to endure it for the sake of reaching the Temple of Vivifica. With the recent actions of the group and those of the High Priestess, the Maestra couldn't help but take into consideration any possible attempt of a surprise assault or encounters with unsavory individuals. Mabel was one of the most important people in Regalia, a tempting target to say the least. So many choices and possibilities, branching paths and outcomes, each one dependant of a choice made in a split second. One familiar voice made her return to reality.

"An apology and forgiveness for something that the wind has already carried away is unnecessary, Mister Venas. Your words were spoken in a moment of rage, stress and confusion, it is understandable," Nero said without looking at Jynn, instead focusing on the carriage, "That does not mean that the traits you showed yesterday are a good thing for a future Maester to possess, it could lead to some serious troubles if one were to speak or act out of line. Not being able to handle the pressure, no matter the circumstances, misinterpreting words and overreacting could be the cause of more serious problems when coming from the person who has to take care of a whole group of people. A group that represents one fourth of the whole, I might add."

Nero would then wave her hands in the air, leaving faint traces of arcane energy in the process, making different patterns, circles, squares, letters. She then clapped her hands together just as a glowing sphere surrounded the whole carriage, the sphere disappearing after a few seconds.

"Think of it as a chance to learn and grow if you do intent to become the future head of the Court of Vivifica," she said, finally turning to look at Jynn, "Your actions represent everyone under your care, people that will look up to you, people who will see you as a role model, as a source for inspiration, those that will follow your lead, no matter what. But enough of this, the Temple of Vivifica is still ways away, so let's hop in and resume our journey."

The trip was long and quiet for the most part, Nero kept her eyes open to make sure they weren't being followed, or ambushed. More and more trees began to appear next to the path they were traveling, this was an ancient forest, Nero knew that. It was different than the one back in Somnum, that much was very obvious to her, even more so when she began to feel a strange aura coming from everywhere and nowhere.

"It seems that we will be reaching our destination in a few more hours," Nero said calmly, "it's been a long trip and it will be getting dark soon. Do you wish to make a stop for the night and continue in the morning? Or should we keep our current pace?"

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Foyer -

Diane was slightly distracted while looking for the Somnum mage. Her thoughts mostly being on how the Lieutenant had managed to obtain such information, why was Elia a candidate for possession, what was Elia's current state? Was she awake? was she feeling good? worse? For some reason Elia made her think back to times long gone, when things were far simpler for her, when taking care of books and make sure dinner was ready on time was the most important thing of her day. Diane stopped when she noticed the maid from last night.

"Good morning. I'm afraid there's something I need to . . ." Diane stopped for a moment, "I think there's something that you might be able to help me with. I am looking for someone. A mage from Somnum, he came with us last night. Vlad Von Rediric? It is important for me to find him so we can go and take a look at the current state of a potential witness of the automaton incident."

(Nothing much I can do with Incarose until they leave, so I will leave her out for now.)

Isabelle-Vivifica Forest
Seeing nobody else choose to approach the glowing man Isabelle swallowed her nervousness. She approached him, fearful that her Umbra nature could be felt by him. He was visually imposing. “H-Hello... are you a friend of Miss Edens?”

Aquilla- Her room in the Cathedral
Aquilla was a little slow on the uptake this morning. She dreaded leaving her room after the recent situation at Elvenwind. It was worse when she realized the kind of store she was in after leaving the bathroom. Recently she had taken up to simply hiding

Aino- boutta rob the Resort
The elegant bandit slowly walked into the resort. She was unarmed and slowly looked around to figure out how she should go about this. She needed money and this was the quickest path. She found joy in the prep time. The silent before the storm.

Luka- Somnum Court
A few days after the conversation with Reynault. Luka got to work on refining the bangles. She Kept wearing them to get her body attuned To the flow, her time with the bangle would eventually allow her to raise her bodies magical reserves. She can also viewed it as a way to test her will.

Quinn- Outside the Cathedral
The Vivican mage had hovered around near the cathedral for a few days now. Curious as to how to approach its library. She should be swift in her mission. But fair unnoticed in her motions. She decided to wait till there was a minimal amount of court mages before acting further.

Last edited:
Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Carriage to Vivifica

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The Somnum maestra seems to have let his behavior yesterday slide, but reminds him that his behavior is unbecoming of a maester. Jynn sighs. “Yes......... Maestra Nero...” He then enters the carriage and sits next to Mabel, who seems worried about Arkane’s reaction to her behavior. But it was very clear that everyone in the carriage was unsure what to make of Kiran, including the Vivifica mage. Was he a friend, or a foe? He does not want to take any risk, so when Mabel scoots closer to Jynn, he keeps a hand behind her, ready to summon the Leviathan should he need to defend the priestess from the newcomer.

A few hours pass, and the carriage arrives at Vivifica Forest. Jynn raises his head in response. The energy around him seemed familiar, as well as something else. “We’re close......”

"Do not look away, Arun."

The screams roared over the crackling of the fire. Arun could only watch as he was held in place as the orphanage he called home went up in flames. The outside windows and doors were locked, and the hands against the melting glass. He could not do a thing as everything and everyone he knew burned, the hands of his master on his shoulders.

Arun lay on a metal bed, arms and legs tied down. A mage held his hands, two fingers on each temple transferring magic to keep him docile. Arun was conscious, but he couldn't say a word. Magic kept him from speaking. The glint of metal against light caught his eye, but he couldn't move his head, either, only his eyes. Ah...where was he again? The scent of blood was strong, the iron at the tip of his tongue. "We do not know if he will survive." One whispered. The man held what seemed to be an encasing of something. Made out of metal and a strong glass, the gleaming crystal inside was hard to miss. Itika. "Whether he does or not does not matter, now does it? To have ignis surpass those before them we must bring the sun down to us." Was that father? That was his voice, wasn't it? The voice of the man who took him under his wing, changed his name, and changed his body. There he lay, his chest open to the world as multiple mages and doctors worked on him. His ribs were cracked and reformed with metal, the sound echoing in the room among mutters. His heart moved to make space for the pandora's box that was meant to make him strong. To make him, or break him. The mage above him offered him a pitiful smile behind his mask. "Don't worry. It is almost over." He spoke. Little Arun stared ahead, unable to do anything else as tears formed. Father. Why would he do this? He took him in, didn't he? Which meant that he loved him, right?...then all of this meant that he was doing it with love...right?

He killed his past because he loved him.
He was broken because he loved him.
He was trained to exhaustion because he loved him.
He was given a new body because he loved him.

Right?

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City: Departure -

Arkane would wait for at least an hour in before speaking to Mabel. "Mabel." He began. "What is a High Priestess?" He allowed her time to answer. Whether she did or not, he would speak afterwards. "It is a title given to an appointed religious leadership and symbol. Different titles are given depending on what their responsibility is. Of course for every title, people look up for them differently. If you are a Court Umbra mage, you are expected to be knowledgeable in regards to magic and death. Sometimes people have misconceptions, but usually it is a similar reaction. If they see a court mage they can expect to be safe under their guard because they have the power to stop trouble." He played with a strand of his hair, twirling it between his fingers. "To be a Maestro or Maestra means that you have been recognized as a powerful mage that can guide those below you, and such responsibilities are expected of you. But what about High Priestess?" He kept his gaze. "To people, High Priestess is a symbol of hope." He explained, straightening his back.

"If you met someone who called himself a doctor, you would expect for them to be capable of taking care of someone, correct? How would you feel if the doctor caused chaos instead? He would hurt and malpractice instead of healing? Or if a mage that was meant to protect the people was selfish and a murderer of the innocent?" He tried to make Mabel see the point of view. "The reality is, Mabel. You are correct. You are a being of free will. You can do whatever you wish, for it is your life you must take over. However," He raised a finger. "You must take into consideration who you are in the end as well. You are the High Priestess. Such a title comes with power and responsibilities. Maybe they are some that you don't wish to have, but if that is so, then you must detach yourself from it. Not taint the title." He let go of his hand and reached over, taking Mabel's hands in his and holding them together. "A title such as yours is a powerful thing, Mabel. It is something trusted upon you, something you never wanted, but it is something you have. If you abuse it, the title will slowly come to change its meaning. What would it mean if a maester were to use their title to kill an innocent person out of personal desires, justifying that because they were a meaester that their actions are right regardless of context. Do you think that would be fair?" He sighed softly and separated her hands, holding each. "Until you are free from these chains, remember that you are two. On one hand, you are the High Priestess of the land who is meant to represent the best of what the church has to offer. On the other, you are Mabel, a young free spirit with desires and dreams that reach beyond the confinements of your physical limits. You can only be one or the other, and even then, one's actions can cause the other's conflict. Just I can either be the Arkane who would usually not hesitate to throw punches at rude people or the Court Mage that must keep a cool head and respect among the people. I can punch someone as Arkane and suffer the consequences. But I cannot punch someone while also being a Court Mage and not suffer worse consequences for it. Sadly you have been given a responsibility that you must handle. At least until the end of this journey. Until you decide whether you wish to be Mabel or High Priestess." He smiled.

"Remember, Mabel. We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."

The ride was long, and Arkane had actually fallen asleep sometime after the talk with Mabel, and then woke up again. The night would soon cover them. On one hand, they would arrive soon if they continued. On the other, they would be traveling through the forest at night, relying on their limited senses to watch out for any threats. Arkane sat up a bit. "If we continue, then I request to exchange seats with someone outside. I can summon some beings to serve as guard dogs, sort to speak. We do not know what kind of creatures are in this forest that could be looking to attack us. And if the court of Vivifica is being defensive, after seeing Jynn's attack, I do not put it past them to attack us either." He explained,

"Alright! Pali, lets get going! The faster we get there the better!" Vincent said, looking around at everyone who would be accompanying them. Whoever is going with them, join Pali along!

Yael smiled. "Surely there must be an explanation of what Vivifica has done. And whatever it may be, we will find it. The courts exist for that reason; to watch over each other, and help them. So that no court misbehaves. We will find out what happened, and we shall hope that it is done as bad as we suspect." He lifted his head. They were getting ready to leave. Yael knelt down to Timi, placing hands on his shoulders. "You are safer here with your family. I did promise I would come for you when you are older, and I will show you the world I have come to known in my lives. Until then, be nice to your family, and enjoy this life, alright?" He placed a kiss on his forehead, short and sweet. "Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again. Be good, and be safe." He stood back up, gesturing to the necklace he had been given, smiling at him before returning to the mages. "I'm coming!" He called.

- Ronin, Of Many Names, Unaffiliated - Vivifica Forest - Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Finally the group had arrived in the vicinity of the Vivifica Temple, slowly but surely making their way through the forests that surrounded the place. Yet they would soon find that they were not alone in the woods, as a young man with glowing turquoise hair lay ahead of them, seemingly in a meditative state. For much too long for his liking, Ronin pondered on a course of action and a swift one at that, for time was of the essence. Much to his surprise, the one who stepped up at last to handle the situation...was Isabelle.

Earning suspicion from the Vivifica Mage was sure to delay them, but Ronin knew of no other way to proceed. Even so, he knew that the man would likely take issue with Ronin's appearance, so he waited in the shadows with the others, hoping that if the way was clear, Eden would step up and back up Ronin, as to allow him passage into the Temple.

- Elliot van Luxmore, The Silver Wolf, Vivifica - Vivifica Temple -

Deep within the halls of the Temple of Vivifica, inside a room that by Vivifica standards was a dark place one would find a living quarters that seemed more like a workshop to the eye, for it was a darkened place littered with half-assembled Magitek, scrap metal, unmarked containers of some kind of liquid laying next to some of the larger projects, a large desk covered with papers, smaller gadgets, half-finished coffee cups and standing before it in the shadows was a shirtless man, sweat glistening over his scarred and well-built body as he was clearly hard at work finishing what appeared to be some kind of mechanism: A turbine, for circulating Itika...

"It has been several months since first we made use of this forbidden power. Itika, the Divine Dust some call it. Though we were not the first to discover it or even use this power, Vivifica is now at the forefront of its research and application. Yet the other Courts would scorn us for this, while they continue to live in the bliss of ignorance, utterly deaf and blind to the coming storm that threatens us all. Not even my comrades have seen the storm as I do, but all of them know of the certain doom that awaits us should we stand idly by. This excursion has cost Vivifica the trust of the Four Courts and in their eyes, our honour and integrity with it...yet they must be saved. Only Vivifica can deliver the misguided masses from the brink. Itika is the key to our success, but it will not be the only reason we will be victorious. To this end, Vivifica itself must be strengthened, taciturn and unyielding. And I am the one who will ensure this comes to be, no matter the cost."

The inner voice of the Vivifica Mage hard at work would be further strengthened as it spoke with the Mage finishing his project with a smile, wiping the sweat from his brow and beginning to suit up. The undershirt, red long coat and various pieces of armour were all pieced together and donned by the ambitious man, who would finish it off by donning his menacing, skull-like helmet and walking over to a cabinet, every step backed by a deep, metallic clink. The Mage would inspect the cannon upon his left forearm, tightening one of the straps that kept it secure before opening the cabinet and taking from it his weapon: A Gunblade, the Wolf's Bite, carefully constructed by the Silver Wolf himself, who held it tightly in his hands for a moment, his unreadable expression even behind the helmet, could be seen as one of pride, before he sheathed it upon his back and turned around sharply, coat billowing outwards.

"Whether the other Courts seek to negotiate or wish to slaughter each and every one of us, at whatever front I must fight upon, through words or steel, I, Elliot van Luxmore, will be victorious. We are the Vivifica Court. Regalia shall be saved! And our enemies shall fall!"

His inner voice thus concluded, Elliot van Luxmore turned on his heel, would march out of his room and head for the main courtyard of the Vivifica Temple.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, leaving Aeternalis to head to Vivifica -
RikuXIII RikuXIII Xion136 Xion136 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Once the elder sent him off with a farewell, Daruk grinned over his shoulder and gave him a thumbs-up as a display of confidence. Yes, Aeternalis was a very nice place to stay. Maybe after everything is well, said, well said, and done he could build a summer home here and retire in this idyllic city, but that was years in the making. He was still young, right? That was a rhetorical question. The answer to that is "darn tootin'!"

Upon meeting up with Mia, who scared the dickens out of him with her alacritous head swing, he replied, "Here I am! And there is Gerik and Yael, and little . . . Micah, was it? Good, we all are accounted for! I'll drive again, if nobody has any objections." Not exactly allowing much chance for objection, he leapt and scrambled his way back into the driver's seat, quite possibly breaking something new while he sat anew.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, the Grand Cathedral Library -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir RikuXIII RikuXIII

The oldest in the room glanced about, taking in who was going to join him in this expedition to the distant Vicus Elbii. Vincent seemed very keen on going, the fiery yet shy young one, Shiroo, and then potentially Anya. He held his gaze steady on Diane, hoping that at least she would go so that he would not be alone as a representative of Umbra with these Ignis mages, but the expression did not last beyond five seconds.

"So, if we are all accounted for, meet me outside the cathedral's main entrance within thirty minutes. Oh, and pack lightly. My powers of flight will be limited if you pack too heavily. At least," he corrected himself with a twisted grin, "it would be so without some outside help."

-- -- -- -- --

When everyone was gathered and packed to the best of their knowledge, Pali was standing outside of an empty Umbra carriage. It was oddly placed, as if the horses that deposited it there ran off with bridle set and all, but Pali's grin was certainly something to behold.

"If you have any gold on your person, hold it fast in your hand and keep it close. If not, touch these golden coins and do something similar." He shook a closed fist a few times, which on the final moment rattled and opened up to reveal five coins. He pocketed one for his own use, having no gold on his person besides his pocketwatch and chain, and that was nowhere nearly as compact as a coin. "Dullahans can be fickle creatures, and turn on those who wish to use them. Gold can provide some protection from their death's gaze, but the best protection is to avoid seeing them or being seen by them, so stay within the carriage unless I say otherwise. Now, if you would not mind stepping inside . . ."

He waited for all of the party to take hold of some gold, and once situated summoned a dullahan and its array of ghost horses, which took off toward the skies. As the crow flies, it would take two days to reach the town, taking into consideration Pali's need for rest every now and again. Controlling a dullahan and spectral horses took a lot of mental stamina, and he needed to collect himself often enough, which would fit nicely with people's needs for using the bathroom, stretching their legs, and other issues with long trips. Pali himself ignored all needs for his body, perhaps because he did not need them, or perhaps because he found it unnecessary. He kept himself focused on the task at hand, if only for his sake. Idle chatter broke up his monotony, and he listened contentedly to at least that to keep himself sane and collected.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Everyth in the dining hall of the Grand Cathedral -

"A pleasure," Jari mirrored, offering his sticky sweet smile to her mentioning her name, and not at all catching the hidden meaning of her expression.

As the conversation went on, he quieted himself and listened with great interest to Everyth's explanations regarding the Umbra Court and its inner workings. He remembered enough Latin to know that "umbra" was another word for shadow, and while Latin was all but dead nowadays etymology ensured that modern language still clung to its ancestral roots. Once again he was glad for the lessons brought to him by the professors, with all of their garnered knowledge.

It was partially through the professors' knowledge that he took up the art of enchanting, enforcing the luster of his aesthetics with a false life without the threat of dabbling in necromancy. The Umbra mages had, and yet they do not seemed to have been negatively affected by the dark arts, at least other than appearance. He wondered what might have happened if he participated in their Court instead, and this time the thought did not make him shudder.

Upon her question, however, he snapped out of his silence and answered, "I . . . believe I agree. I have met all of the four current Maesters and Maestras, and while they have their differences everyone at least appears interested in peace and prosperity. We have not had border disputes -- if one can even call it that -- in many years for this reason, but . . . the latest news unsettles me pertaining to Vivifica." He frowned worriedly. "I had--no, I have a friend who lives with Vivifica. If things escalate, I worry for him and for all of them. Heck, I worry for all of us, should things come to war.

"But," he continued, "if it is fine with you, I don't want to talk politics or the gloom of potential war. I want to enjoy casual conversation with someone I haven't met before." His expression lightened again. "I would love to visit the Umbra court someday, having a love of learning, and I would adore to show off my art. Currently I am not too inspired as an artist, but when I do have something I will be sure to let you know, Everyth." Pausing, he thought back to what he carved of Kagura in the capital, and again regarding Luka on the boat. "Actually . . . I do have some things, but they are unpainted and unenchanted. Would you care to see?"

- Arno Cross - Bounty Hunter way in over his head - Vita City Resort(?) -

Vaike would find Arno a little further into their establishment, Arno could be found taking care of his equipment on a table, sitting on a chair, his hat on his head hiding his eyes from higher angle views as he could be seen maintaining and tinkering with his gear, checking the springs and mechanisms on his shotgun, calibrating the heat receptors on his Magic Rifle, checking revolver ammo, and slashing a small x mark on the point of the bullets, making the famous split point bullets bounty hunters were known to make, a four pointed bullet is a lot more damaging than a single pointed bullet, especially on impact. It's not as easy as it looks, if you dig your knife too deep you risk puncturing through the lead and wasting the bullet entirely, but make it just right and voila, a split point bullet.

Arno's head would tilt up to Vaike as he began relaying the message, Mabel was around accompanied by a blind man. "Assume there's more than just this blind man accompanying her." Arno spoke, this time cleaning his shotgun with a cloth. "Someone important like her would no doubt be accompanied by multiple of the best court mages around." Arno spoke as he continued taking care of his guns. "Which means we're outnumbered, outgunned, and overpowered in every way." Arno spoke as he swung his arm up slightly, as his sawed off closed with a satisfying click, as Arno stood up from his chair, and began to head out of the room. "Let's go".

The Bounty hunters would begin to head out of the resort, surely there was no crazy person awaiting them in the lobby? or outside? who knows.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Henry Heid - Aeternalist - About to depart -

Henry would perk up at the mention of his relationship with Makoto from mia, funny, coming from anyone else he wouldn't really mind, but coming from Mia...it was rather embarrassing. He didn't have much of a reply to the mention of Mabel's relationship with jynn however, as that was way out of his business to talk about. He perked up again as he was asked about how he spent the night.

"I couldn't really sleep well, to be honest...I kept thinking of all that happened here." Henry remarked, not with a sad or regretful tone, but more of a blank and neutral one this time. "Don't know if it was the adrenaline or just wearyness, really". Henry explained somewhat, as he was tapped in the shoulder by Gerik, accompanied by his servant, and Daruk soon coming in too. It seems they were all ready to leave.

"Before we set off...who might be driving the carriage this time?" Henry asked, openly.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Thanny Thanny

- Vlad Thepes - The Somnum Man - Basement in the cathedral -

Welp, this was weird. Vlad could see almost clearly, and with color too! while in the dark, but pitch black made recognizing colors much more difficult than normal, not impossible however. Before he did anything he made sude Arun was still alive, not many survive a trip to the shadow side, at least not without help or a guide.

The painting was rather obscure and mysterious, fifteen people in a V shape, and a man with a smug smile and a Noirtier pin. Arun picked up on that too with light...illuminated by a fireball with eyes? were Vlad a normal mage he'd reconsider his life choices to be involved with such weird people, but Vlad wasn't normal, he just shrugged at the sight, who was he to judge a man putting eyes on things, that shit happened all the time at Umbra. However Arun sneezed, away from the wood, yes, but the sneeze caught Vlad on the side of the shoulder as he walked in to see the painting. Vlad would not move, not even really flinch or wince at the fires that were ignited on his shoulder. Arun would see a frown on his face however, as Vlad slapped the fires a few times to put it out. Hoping to get a reaction from Arun.

"If I had to wager a guess I'd say these...were probably very very old people, and very very likely related to the founding of the courts...and we have a noirtier right here!." Vlad spoke, pointing at the man with a noirtier family pin. "This is either Pali, or one of his ancestors, dunno what might it be but it's close...so...uh." Vlad pondered.

"Do we take the painting...bring Pali, or just go talk to the guy?" Vlad asked. "This points some relation to him."

- Richter Vanis - The Aether - Vivifica Forest -

The air around the area, as Isabelle began her approach, would feel more...magical? almost as if filled with magic itself, coming off of Richter as he meditated. His meditation was broken when Isabelle spoke up. Causing Richter to slowly open his azure, glowing colored eyes as he would begin to stand up, he would slowly turn to Isabelle, to see who was talking to him, his expression would shift from a frown to a blank expression, as if he didn't consider Isabelle an intruder or guest.

Richter would disappear for a second in a flash of light, as he would reappear a few feet away, down from the rock this time. "Hello" Richter greeted Isabelle, cracking a small smile at the girl. "I am...acquainted with her, yes," Richter did a little hand wave. "She's...um...I am not sure what to put it, but she's really close to one of my fellow members." Richter explained, this topic was very awkward for some reason. He gestured respectfully towards Isabelle afterwards, with a smile. "Who might I owe the visit to? My name is Richter." Richter was being rather respectful and polite to Isabelle, as was his nature.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Not more than an hour had passed before Richter would likely hear the rustling of leaves behind him. Approaching slowly was the maestra of Vivifica, her long gown trailing behind her. She stopped a few feet behind the holy mage, steepling her fingers together in front of her.

"You disapprove of what I'm doing, don't you?" She lifted her head. "I can't help but notice that something is amiss, Richter. Are you disappointed in me?"

"So you've noticed?" Richter asked Aislinn, it was obvious Richter did not approve of any of this, yet his loyalty to her was unwavering "I am not disappointed, on the contrary" He reassured her, he could not hold ill will towards her regardless of what she did by now, she was protecting her court. Richter let out a small chuckle, before gently gesturing towards the open space at the seat beside him. "Come, sit with me".

"We don't often get quiet times like these to speak privately."

At the invitation to sit the maestra wasted no time in doing so. She sat alongside him, folding her hands in her lap, listening as the birds chirped around in the open space of the garden.

"So if disappointment is not the source of your indifference, what is?" she inquired, turning to look into the face of the wise mage. Apart of her desired to move a stray strand of glowing hair from his face, but she fought that urge, thinking it unwise to display her affections, especially now when their circumstances were dire.

"It's not disappointment..." Richter reassured her, he glanced at her for a second before returning to glance at the garden. "It's worry, all that's been happening and the burden on your shoulders worries me." Richter. He fought the urge to explain to her that he knows what is going on but he cannot explicit it without triggering the damned curse placed upon her.

His hand moved sheepishly towards her's as if to comfort and reassure her that maybe everything would be alright. "And now with the notice of a caravan of court mages coming to our court my worry has only grown. I do not want this to be a bloodbath, if we fight and win, the courts will simply send more numbers, if we lose our court will be slaughtered, as Zion said." Richter began his voice sounding worried and caring.

"I will always follow the promise I made to you long ago, before you left to marry, I will always be by your side in your time of need, I will not break that promise." Richter reassured her, before moving to other matters.

"When they arrive, give me a chance to speak to them, they have Jynn, a hostage, I wish to try diplomacy, have the priestess brought to you willingly and able to speak...but if I fail..." Richter spoke as a blade made of pure aether manifested on his other hand, as he held it in his hand as sign of conviction.

"Then I will fight alongside Zion, and we will take the priestess by force." Richter proclaimed.
"But I wish to avoid as much conflict within the court's ground as possible."

She glances over at him, eyes widened as she timidly rests a hand on his knee. "The book that was left on your bed, bookmarked . . . . "She said slowly, carefully choosing her words. "Did you read it?" Aislinn closed her eyes, seeming pained that she had to share her burdens with Richter, wishing for all the world that she could have done it alone, and yet . . . so much she had done alone, and if anyone deserved to know, it was him.

When his hand moved toward her she caught it instantly, interlocking her fingers with his. "I too do not wish for bloodshed," Aislinn voiced. "But I don't know what else to do. They are bringing their most trained mages with an order to annihilate those who oppose them. You know that I cannot give up my ideals, but I also have my own plan." She lifted her chin, looking more like the strong, defiant woman that became maestra of Vivifica.

"That plan could change everything, but I will need the cooperation of the High Priestess. If you, Richter, really think you could persuade them and I could speak with the girl alone, perhaps we really can come to a peaceful resolution. Hopefully she will be more sensible than the elders that guide her, but I do have my doubts."

Leaning forward, she craned her neck to look into his face. "I am willing to give your plan a try, if you are willing to do the same with mine."

Richter's expression would not change much, but it was notable that there was a shift in his emotions as Aislinn allowed his plan to be attempted. Holding onto her hand, interlocking fingers, tightly as he looked at her straight in the eyes with as a warm smile formed on his face.

"I am glad, that you have given me the chance...should I not succeed, I will follow through with your plan, and Zion's...It was never my intention to oppose your plan, and I will follow you willingly. I have promised you that, many years ago." Richter spoke, letting go of her hand as he sat beside her, a small quiet moment would follow as both of them would enjoy the other's company.

"Do you remember...when we first met?" Richter asked her warmly. A tone of...shyness in his voice.

"And I thank you from the bottom of my heart," Aislinn said softly, lowering her gaze from Richter's. Her long dark locks of hair brushed against his arm as she tilted her head slightly.

"I could never forget when we met," she said, a gentle smile on her face. "I was immediately jealous of all of your fangirls." With that she laughed. "How much we've both grown and changed since then. My only regret"–she finally drew her gaze up to meet Richter's again, a fierce intensity in her eyes–"is that I permitted myself to be taken from this court to honor the Nosferi family and wed a man that I never loved. If I had stayed . . . ."

She closed her eyes and shifted her body, pressing her cheek against Richter's as she whispered in his ear, lips barely touching his ear as she did so.

" . . . I think things would have been very different."

(Eat your heart out, Pali)

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Off they go -
Outside the cathedral, only to encounter a carriage. He raised his brow in surprise. They were going via carriage? That didn't sound fast, but he was not about to judge. He thought for a moment. Gold? He didn't usually carry gold besides the money. He looked up at him and glanced at the carriage. "Dullahans?" He had heard of those on books...and stories...and nothing else. Then again Umbra was such an obscure court, no pun intended. He picked out a golden coin from his pouch, twirling it between gloved fingers. He stepped inside, taking a seat and holding onto the coin. Once everyone was inside, they were off and into the sky thanks to the summoned creatures. Vincent's eyes widened, quickly pressing his hand against the windowpane. He was technically a grown man, but he had never flown before! This was amazing! Could they possibly build a machine like this?! "Wow!" He gasped, turning to try and look to the horses, only to remember the mention of the beings. He looked back away and inside the carriage. It would be a long ride. He could only hope that it was a worthy one at the end. "Ah..." He stammered. Right. They needed answers. He had brought his journal, so he had all the information there, and inside his head.

Yael quickly volunteered. "I will drive it." He chimed, climbing on the driver's seat. "I can keep an eye out on our surroundings." He decided. He also needed the fresh air.

"Heartbeat is normal. Pupils responsive. No difficulty in the movement of limbs." Arun blinked at the doctor, who checked up on him one last time. "He has adapted well to the surgery. There are no terrible side effects. Of course we cannot truly be sure of any that could happen over time." The sound of the waves crashing against the shore could be heard from outside the window. The estate by Waca Beach overlooking the sea, isolated from the court in a private abode where no prying eyes could see. The sound of plastic brought Arun's attention back, the doctor offering him a lollipop for his troubles, which Arun accepted. "I will have to check up on him every year of his development, and any training in regards to the chamber should be done here, where the court cannot see." The doctor suggested. "I do not need you to tell me the obvious, doctor." The mage spoke. Arun waved his feet. It had been a year since he had become Arun. It had been a long year. A small pouch was prepared, a metal jar inside and tightly sealed. "Arun." The doctor spoke, offering him the pouch. Arun took it, looking up at the doctor. "Should you ever lose control. Should you ever become a danger to your friends, or to the people. You have to drink this. Understood?" He asked. Arun looked at the pouch, nodding. He held the lollipop in his mouth and strapped the pouch against his belt. The mage approached, placing a hand on Arun's head. "We leave for the court tomorrow. It is time to present him into it." "I still believe this to be a risk, Niam." "We have made him perfect. No one will ever know, Oros." Arun sighed, closing his eyes. No one will ever know what?

...that he wasn't Karma anymore?

"Sorry." Arun whispered at Vlad. His attention returned to the painting. "I am more confused why it would be hidden all the way down here if it belonged to Pali's family." He reached over, placing both hands on either side of the frame. He carefully lifted it off where it hung, pulling it off and showing the back to Vlad. "Artists usually leave names or signatures behind or on the painting. Do you see anything on the back?" He asked, his flame flying around him to make sure that there was enough light for the two of them, unbeknownst of Vlad's night vision.

–Vivifica Forest, En Route to the Temple of Life Caravan Party #1–
Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136

The priestess held her gaze in her lap as Arkane spoke, expression blank as a canvas. "A high priestess is a conduit between humanity and the gods, the mediator of the general public and the Four Courts, and a symbol of peace," was her timid response, as though it were a statement committed to memory. She listened as Arkane went into further depth, her shoulders lowering as he spoke.

"I understand," she said, her voice tight. She refused to meet his gaze. "I apologize. It would seem that I overstepped and misunderstood what you were trying to teach me. It will not happen again; I will do better."

At Nero's question the priestess lifted her gaze at last, the liveliness present in Vita City seeming to be devoid in her face. "I think a rest would be wise." She paused, glancing toward the others to gauge their weariness. "I am sure that the motion is starting to get to us all, and the horses would do well to take a break."

Eventually the carriage rolled to a halt, the journey ahead still hours beyond the time that they had already clocked in, and the horses–as well as the mages–were growing weary. "I'll take first watch!" Kiran piped, being the first to barrel out of the carriage. Fyenne looked as though she were growing green, and seemed delighted to get some fresh air. Once the others left the carriage and Mabel was left alone, she buried her face in her folded arms and let out a sob.

(Campsite conversation scheduled via voice chat)

–Vivifica Forest, En Route to the Temple of Life Caravan Party #2 –
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Mia merely smirked as Daruk took the driver's seat. She winked in the direction of Henry. "Seems that our fearless maester is taking the reigns once again. I'd suggest that you hold on tight and prepare for a bumpy ride!" She deftly swung up on the bench beside Daruk. Whether it was because she didn't like the confines of the carriage, or she enjoyed Daruk's company, was unknown, though she did have her hair freshly braided–and was even wearing perfume!

Once everyone was seated in the carriage, they would roll on and on, until nightfall. There were no other cities in sight, and there seemed to be no imminent danger. After tending to the horses they would be free to begin setting up camp. With luck, they would arrive at the Vivifica Temple within six hours the following day.

(Campsite conversation scheduled via voice chat)

–Vivifica Forest: Outside the Temple of Life–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Remy sensed the magical aura around Richter, and there was something about it that made his fingers tingle, as though he could feel the magic within him, that small shred of mage blood in his veins that only Itika could surface. Was Richter exuding Itika somehow, or was he just a potent mage so that his surroundings were affected? He was uncertain, though he hoped that this man would be an ally rather than enemy.

"My name is Remy," he responded. "We are friends of Eden's, as Bambi here said." He paused, wondering if he, the thief, should be talking so much, but there was a moment of silence, so he decided to fill it. "We traveled a very long way to come and see Miss Zion, who flew ahead of us. Zion saved my life, and for that I am forever indebted to her. Further, she saved me from a dark path of treachery and thievery, helping me to see the errors of my ways. Please, can you help us to get to her?"

–Air Travel to Vicus Elbii–
Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Shiroo accepted the coin, staring at its surface and then proceeding to bite the corner of it to ensure that it was real. He still had a difficulty trusting Umbra mages, even though most had proven themselves to be amicable individuals.

The carriage was plenty spacious for their party. Shiroo made himself comfortable in his seat, using his satchel as a pillow as he leaned back and hummed a tune to himself. At some point in the ride he'd flicked his gold coin up into the air, only for the carriage to jerk from turbulence. He missed catching the coin, and the golden piece rolled under the seat opposite him.

"Ah, drat," Shiroo murmured, slipping to the floor and attempting to reach the coin–only to no avail. He looked around sheepishly and shrugged. "Huh, I better go get another." He started to move toward the carriage door to open it, thinking that Pali had been outside driving it. Surely the Umbra mage would have another to spare?

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Foyer–
Elrandir Elrandir

The pink-haired maid's brows knitted together in concentration. "Vlad . . . . He's the red-headed Scottish one?" she inquired, before pointing over toward the shadows of the massive foyer. "I remember him speaking in low tones with another mage of Ignis. I forget his name, but he was the Ignis Mage who seems like he's the leader of you all."

She bowed lowly to Diane. "I'm sorry that I can't be of more help!"

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Basement–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

In the corner of the painting there was a signature, reading "Surdus," likely the name of the painter. On the back, however, there was nothing except for wear, water stains, what appeared to be a blood mark, and spider droppings.

The painting that Arun lifted was very, very heavy, and considerably wide, roughly 8 feet tall by 5 feet wide. It likely would have taken both Vlad and Arun to remove it from the wall.

They could attempt to take it with them, but it would perhaps be a difficult ride through the shadows, and there was no telling that it would survive the journey.

Thanny Thanny

Everyth crossed her legs, a frown on her face at the mention of Vivifica. "What seems to be happening right now is revolutionary," she agreed. "Though I trust that war isn't going to break out. If Vivifica rebels, the other courts will be swift to deal with it. And hey, Vivifica's heir is even on our side, so there is that. Once Aislinn is taken into custody I'm sure that things will change. So don't worry your pretty little head, dear." She smiled at Jari, attempting to reassure the wannabe Fox boy that there was nothing to be concerned about. "There's way more of us than there is them. Even if they attempt to fight, their attempts will be feeble. I think Maester Gerik alone could probably almost handle the ordeal alone, let alone the addition of the Ignis and Somnum leads. It's going to be overkill, you'll see."

There was, however, the fact that Vivifica had Itika on their side, but Everyth wasn't about to utter that concern aloud. She was relieved when the conversation shifted toward Jari's work, to which she arched a brow. "I would be very interested in seeing your fine craftsmanship," she said, smoothing down the torso of her corset as she rose from her seat. "Would you care to show me the way, Jari?"

–Vita City: The Faraway Home–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"Right, I'm assuming the same," Vaike agreed, before pausing, taking in what Arno was doing. He watched as he sliced into the bullets, seeming to hesitate as though the sight pained him. It seemed dangerous, but he said nothing to protest. "Well, we should perhaps move over there, and swiftly, before they manage to leave."

A look of disheartenment crossed Vaike's face as Arno expressed that they were outmanned and outgunned, but before Vaike could open his mouth to protest Arno suggested they leave. A satisfied chuckle escaped the Seer, as he winked at Arno. "Yes, let us hope Lady Luck smiles upon us today."

Tibarn begrudgingly joined them in the lobby, as did Gabriel, most likely. In the lobby TIbarn nor Vaike took particular notice to Aino, instead moving toward the exit like casual men. The innkeeper was away from his desk, a sign in his wake, notifying to ring the bell if assistance was needed. The lobby was dimly lit but large, with plenty of couches and seating. There were also a very large amount of vases and plants. It was intended to be cozy, and that it was.

- Arkane (Umbra Court) – Vivifica Forest, En Route to the Temple of Life Caravan Party #1 –

Arkane stepped out of the carriage, giving Mabel some space for her own. He could only think of the pressure that was on her. He was happy that he could offer some glimpse of freedom for her...and he was determined to help her get out of that title once everything was set and done. The night had fallen, and it was time for everyone to rest. They would settle for the evening, making a makeshift camp as they set up their tents and created a fire for the evening. Arkane set up his tent, summoning some undead to aid him in the progress. He kept two Imprisoned Souls around to work as guards to watch over and alert them should anything happen. They would be working like guard dogs...that screeched rather than to bark. Whatever worked, right? He sat inside his tent, wearing crimson robes for the night ahead. He brushed his hair, humming quietly himself. He got lucky. The court of Umbra, even under rules and restrictions, was a court that encouraged freedom of creativity when it came to its members. He had the freedom to be a mage, and choose that path. Mabel was thrown into hers at birth with little to no choice in the matter. Everything was chosen from her before she could even speak or realize. And that...was unsettling to witness. They raised a perfect representative that now tasted the outside world, and cherished it. It could only end badly if they weren't ready. Arkane hissed, dropping the comb as he looked at the small cut to his finger. Ah. He must have gripped the metal too harshly in his thoughts. He slipped the finger into his mouth and licked it clean. Tomorrow they would reach Vivifica's temple...and all could come to ahead.

– Yael/Nahum (Unaffiliated) - Vivifica Forest, En Route to the Temple of Life Caravan Party #2 –
After a long ride, they eventually settled in the evening. Tents were set up, the fire lit, and guards prepared for the night's rest. Honestly, they could have continued. But then they would have not been prepared mentally for whatever it was to come ahead. Yael would excuse himself, not seeing the need for a tent himself. Instead he found a tree with a stable branch, and in the shape of a black cat made it his home for the evening. The gentle breeze would allow make the branches dance in tandem, giving a comforting lull to the shapeshifter. He would purr and lean his head down against the crossed paws in front of him. Going to sleep was always a gamble. You either got a good night's sleep...or you risked being cursed with visions of the past or the present. Damn those visions. They rarely ever helped as it was...sometimes. Sure in one of his past lives it was these visions that granted him a position of power. He was expected to have this visions and alert the people of the future...that went as well as one could expect. His tail would curl around his body, and Yael decided to sleep in.

- Vincent (Ignis Court) – Air Travel to Vicus Elbii –

Vincent had fallen asleep for a while in part of the ride. It was a long one. They would be taking a while to get there, so with the coin hidden inside his glove and pressed against his hand, he would stir in his sleep from time to time. When he managed to wake up, he would take a bit of a sip from his canteen and return to nap. He heard the clink of the coin falling onto the floor and rolling under the seat, much to Shiroo's dismay. He would sit up, watching as he tried to find it but he couldn't find it. He saw as Shiroo resigned to the fact that it was now lost in the abyss that was the darkness under the seat and went to the door. "O-Oh hey, wait. Shiroo." He quickly spoke up. He removed his glove, removing the golden coin he had been given before offering him said coin. "Take mine. I'll look for the other under the seat." He smiled. "We're almost there anyways. No need to worry about it. I ain't that superstitious." He reassured. Vincent figured he would just find the coin himself, and if he couldn't, he figured that as long as he ignored the horses he would be fine.

– Arun (Ignis Court) - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Basement–
Arun would take note of the name, before looking back up at Vlad. "I do not think that this is going to fit through the entrance..." He sighed. Unless there was something else around? He would look back down at the painting, frowning. Nothing out of the ordinary only a bit of dried blood, but that could be from any little cut or incident. "It is odd. How come something belonging to that family ended up all the way here?...maybe he would recognize someone in the portrait?" He shrugged. Not much they could do. They were just searching for clues...about anything, really.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Saffron- Somewhere just outside the City Hidden from the eyes of others (probably a flashback)
“Deep Breaths....” she breathes in slowly and deeply. The air would start to pick up in time with her breathing. Swirling around her. Saffron’s hair whipping with the air. “Be the storm... just like she told you...” she winces as the thought of her mother ran through her mind.

————
“DON’T STIFFEN UP! REMAIN FLOWING!” Her mother strikes at her back with a small stick. Then her legs.

Saffron begrudgingly repositioned. As her mother stood in front of her taking the same stance.

“now try and strike me.” Her mother would say in an almost taunting tone. Emphasizing the word Try.

Saffron would swiftly respond, lashing at her mother with a swift jab, followed by a burst of wind. The two accustomed to scuffling as such. The wind was unstable and unthreatening as she was still a newcomer to this style and to magic itself

Her mother would catch the blow with her hand, gripping saffron’s forearm and then elbow. Throwing Saffron over herself and onto the floor. “AGAIN! SHOW THE FEROCITY OF A STORM! YOU ARE THE WEAPON, NOT THE WIND, NOT THE CHILDISH TOOLS YOU AND YOUR FATHER MAKE, YOU.”

The passing comment about the Metalurgy swiftly upset the young mage As she scrambled to her feet and taking another jab at her mother, the wind loosely following. She would follow it up with two more swift jabs.

her mother makes a repeatedand swift motion before disappearing from Saffron's line of sight. Before a sudden sweep of the legs from her left brought the young mage down again.

“Proving yourself weak...again...”

“I’m not!”

“You are.”

“IM NOT!” Furious Saffron would swipe her hand across the air and a shard of Metal shot from the earth cutting her mothers face. The cut running from the top of her brow across her forehead and towards the back of her scalp.

her mother would reel back in pain as red would leak from the wound. “IGNORANT GIRL!” She would scream as she holds the wound.

Saffron would of course run inside the house. Realizing what her lack of control had done she would soon find herself packing, and would run.”

—————

“Be the storm...” she would wince as she tried the remember the motions her mother made. The thought sickened her, upset her. To emulate the woman she hated the most... but it had to be done. Arno helped her progress. Just as her father had, just as Kiev had....Just as her mother had. This was the culmination... she had the mana, she had training. She had the skill. But never the drive. She would take in another breath. “I am iron first.., and a storm second, but even a storm can carry metal a distant way. Just out of sight is the force that can bring judgment. But Judgment needs a rightful weapon.” She closes her eyes and draws her knife. Breathing out she focus’ deeper raising her free hand upwards, then rotating both hands in a sweeping motion. She begins to move in a spiral to the left. Sweeping in once more as the wind begins to pick up around her blade. “Don’t cut... just hide” she reminded herself as the wind began to rotate faster around both herself and the dagger. The blade shifting out of sight. “Now expand” she continued to guide herself. As the gusts began tO turn fast and faster until the encompassed all of the clearing she stood in. “Quell the storms roar while it rages.” She whispered as if to emulate the tone she sought. The outer dome of the gust began to soften and muffle the sound within. “Unseen.. unheard.... gone like the wind. Until the moment that the eye passes” she would then drag the blade through the air and force all the collected with the burst outward, denting the tree infront of her. Weak of force, strong of skill...

She would then continue the practice. Honing the maneuver all day. It wouldn’t be perfect and would not last but it could be done. Late at night she would then seek out her allies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back