• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, camping under the stars near Vivifica Court -

((Check voice chat session for details.))

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Everyth showing off his artwork -

The wannabe fox boy smiled wanly at Everyth, unsure of the situation but trusting that things will be better, and continued to gulp down a little more food thoughtfully. It was true. With the three maesters and maestra at the forefront, trying their best to quell the situation, there was no doubt a good possibility for success without bloodshed. He knew the sizable strength of Daruk and Lady Nero, and if Maester Garik was as strong as, if not stronger than, them, then did he have any need to fear? In the meantime, it was better to look at current events than future events, and he was quick to leap upon the possibility of showing Everyth his creations.

"Certainly! Follow me," he replied, bubbling with newfound excitement as he sped toward his room with Everyth in tow.

He led her to the outside of his room, to which he requested a moment to gather things from his room. Therein he gathered the two wooden sculptures he was working on of Kagura and Luka and brought them out, a little embarrassed by the lack of paint but still beaming with pride.

The Kagura one was finely honed, a show of how much time he spent admiring the original. Grainy burrs flecked off of the otherwise smooth surface like water droplets and rivulets in the midst of a water dance. The clothes were especially interesting in that they too were smooth and elegant, and some etching could be made in place of filigree and emblazoned details. For Luka, there was an outside and an inside. It was roughly honed on the outside, as Luka was tucked away for the most part in a blanket, but if one removed the blanket by sliding the dovetailed pieces away from each other, one could find Luka in all of her own beauty. She was sleeping away inside, and elegantly portrayed with similar detail to Kagura. A sweet expression was revealed on her face as she dozed curled up in a ball.

"I have a feeling that Luka would hate me for making that one, but she was easy to imagine in an artist's perspective," he said with a snicker. "She's very no-nonsense like that, but she is a lovely person overall."

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, currently displeased with Shiroo while en route to Vicus Elbii -

At the time Shiroo dropped his coin, Pali was enshrouded in his own garments and glared out from beneath the lip of his robe's hood, watching the coin bounce out of sight and out of reach. But then the fool had the poor understanding that he should step outside a moving carriage midair while a dullahan could give him a glare that would assuredly (at least in his eyes, as the dullahan and the ghost horses were crafted by wishful thinking). That is when Pali claimed the young man's shoulder with an outstretched hand, halting further progress.

"Don't even think about going outside," Pali warned between deep -- or was it strained? -- breaths, "and, besides, I'm right here, or have you forgotten?" He offered up the spare gold coin he placed in his pocket that was originally intended for Vincent and . . .

once again turbulence took hold of the carriage, allowing Pali to lose grip on both Shiroo's new coin and his own. His eyes went wide and he gripped Shiroo's shoulders, lifting him up and shaking him. "YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!"

Shortly thereafter, as if sensing the stress and gravity of the situation, the dullahan drifted its head into the carriage with a manic grin and attempted to kill them both outright.

shoved it in Shiroo's hand, enclosing it with the lad's own fingers. "For the love of all that is holy and unholy, keep this one close, otherwise I might not stop you next time."

((You know what, I am going to leave it up to Mystics' to decide what actually happens between these spoilers. =P People like action, right?))

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Foyer -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"He fit that description, that is correct." she answered.

The young maid thought about it for a moment, trying to remember, perhaps. She then pointed towards the shadows of the foyer, telling Diane that he was with an ignis mage. Arun, if what the maid told her was correct.

"I see. Well, thank you Miss Viola. I will go look for him, as we have something urgent to do today," Diane said as she nodded slightly, "You have been of great help. I hope you have a good day."

The Lich then went towards the spot Viola told her that she had seen Vlad and Arun. Nothing. They were not there. At this point it looked like she was going to be the only one leaving to go back to the Elvenwind to check on Elia and her father. After looking for a few minutes, Diane went to look for Viola once more.

"Excuse me, Miss Viola. It seems that I was unable to find Vlad or Arun," she said, "if you manage to see Vlad, would you be so kindly as to notify him that I will be making my way to see the Lieutenant, please. He will know the place."

After waiting for a response, Diane bowed slightly and left the cathedral, making her way back to the Elvenwind and Vala. Hopefully, Elia would be better now. Maybe the Lieutenant too.

- Incarose Vassar - Ignis Court - Air Travel to Vicus Elbii -
Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Incarose kept the coin that Pali had offered in one of her pockets. Better safe than sorry, right? The journey was a quiet one. Vincent was asleep, Shiroo was humming to himself and Pali . . . was doing Pali stuff. Maybe. Probably. She remained quiet and looking at different parts of the carriage from time to time. It was a little intimidating to try and make conversation with Pali, he gave an air of . . . maybe it was for the best to not disturb him.

The sudden movement of Pali grabbing Shiroo's shoulder made her refocus on her current situation. The situation felt tense. For her, at least. And so she decided to remain silent and look between Pali and Shiroo.

(Nero's actions can be found in the Vita Caravan Recording)

Isabelle- Outside Vivifica
“My name is Isabelle...” the Ex-Umbran mage would respond. “Isabelle Cinque....” she stared at his hair. Curious about the magic that caused it. “I guess I should just explain my side of it for now And the reason why I am here. During the meeting of the courts in Sanctus I stood as a representative of Umbra... but during it the archmagus arrived and gave her....um...rather declarative speech. I personally was pulled out of a small... I suppose scuffle that ensued after that speech, and at the same time... turned my back on those who guided me. I wish to seek a new perspective but I am lost without that guidance. I wish for a new understanding of things. I believe I need to see the archmagus once more. I have to....no... I would would like to see the world in her perspective.“ She folds her arms as she looks upon Richter. “I understand the situation that had occurred places me. The mage infront of you as rogue... if you wish to take me... know that I will fight. But If you are willing to grant me a kindness... my request I will owe Vivifica a favor in return. One that I simply cannot ever decline.” She gave him a small bow. Her hair hanging down as she did so. Her eyes low and somber. She was not used to travel. And was so far away from home. She was tired and just wished for something good and probably to get away from the horses that allowed them to get here.

{Gerik Lockford: Umbra Court; Near the Vivifica Court}
As the rest of the party conversed, Gerik excused himself. Normally, he would be happy to witness and participate in such interactions, but he wasn't sure he was up to it. He was rather disturbed this decision was causing him such difficulty. The choice was clear. If the Vivifica Court couldn't be brought back into the fold, they had to be removed. Such disregard for the rules of the courts and the balance of Regalia's society could not be tolerated. If allowed to continue unpunished, the whole system would descend into chaos. And with this Invidia in the mix apparently looking to overturn the social framework that had kept Regalia together, the danger Vivifica posed was even greater.
But...there was something distasteful about the extreme methods at the Umbral Maester's disposal to solve this threat. Many of his predecessors and other members of Umbra's ruling elites had busied themselves in developing the most efficient and vile ways of destroying life possible. Gerik had the worst of these devices destroyed to prevent them from ever seeing the light of day. But a few had been kept. Just in case. Part of him cursed that he had thought to do such a thing. Their power was beguiling and tempting. He should have dismantled them as well, then he wouldn't be faced with how terrifying simple it would be to use them to remove this problem.
And yet, here he was. Word sent out for them to be prepared. Use and delivery was on his shoulders, though. He didn't trust anyone else to have the proper discernment on when to use them, nor could he ask anyone else to bear the weight of the guilt these weapons brought with them. Gerik Lockford had long ago been broken of the habit of prayer, but on a night like this, he was tempted to plead with whatever divine beings would listen that Aislinn would be reasonable.

{Anya Alighieri: Ignis Court; Sanctus Heights - Cathedral Library, then enroute to Vicus Elbii}
Anya gave Shiroo a fist bump as she came in.
"Road trip sounds just like the thing." She admitted. "Been a while since I've been to Vicus Elbii, I look forward to visiting it again."
~later that day~
Anya trotted up with a bag and rifle slung on her back. She looked over the group, silently counting to make sure everyone was there.
"Oh, no thanks." She said when offered a gold coin by Pali.
She held up her left hand, displaying a gold ring on her middle finger.
"Had a run in with Dullahans a while back. Would have lost my head if a friend hadn't given the same advice you did."
Swinging herself into the carriage, the Pheonix Bearer selected a seat next to Incarose.
"So how about you?" She said in a motherly tone. "What adventures have you been getting yourself into lately?"
Anya's attempts at conversation was somewhat distracted by Shiroo dropping his coin. She let out a bit of a sign when he headed for the door. Her court mates were brave and true, but could use a dash more wisdom at times. Pali's response was both understandable and also a bit overdone.
"No harm done, lads." Anya said to Pali and Shiroo. "Take a seat, Shiroo. With air travel, it's usually best to take every precaution. Pali, how's the flying?"
With everything going on lately, Anya wanted to make sure to keep things from escalating if possible.

Thanny Thanny Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Vlad Thornberry - Lots of fake names on this one - Cathedral basement -

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"Hm" Vlad pondered as Arun had the idea of trying to pick up the painting, but the thing seemed too heavy, and overrall too cumbersome to carry around, especially into the shadows, big objects were hard to maintain there, and they had no real recourse to climb up out of the trapdoor that was above them.
"Surdus...not a very common name" Vlad pointed out.

"Leave it, we'l memorize it, we can't lug this aroubd" Vlad spoke, carefuly, before helping Arun instead put it back on the wall display. "Surdus...where is that name from?" Vlad pondered still, trying to recollect any memories he had, but overrall they'd need to look it up further.

Vlad looked at Arun. "Well, ready for another trip to the shadows?" Vlad whispered to Arun, with a smirk, and a flash of red in his eyes, he meant the boy no harm of course.

- Richter Vanis - Outside of Vivifica -

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136

Richter would watch Isabelle intently as she spoke, his arms behind him, as he watched her, he did not watch her with a scornful gaze, or a judgmental one, much to the contrary, he watched her with the utmost curiosity and interest in the girl's story.
As Isabelle finished she would see Richter form a gentle smile on his face as he looked at her eyes. "You've come a long way...I have heard of the speech from Zion...the archmage...you know the courts don't have a designated 'Archmage' title?" Richter spoke, with a small chuckle. "But nevertheless".

Richter would offer Isabelle his hand, perhaps to hold hers cordially? or for a handshake, his intentions were still unknown for now. "I care not that you or the others are rogues, everyone follows their own path in life, that they have to set for themselves, the courts are a formality in order to help guide them to their chosen path" Richter began speaking, whether Isabelle accepted the hand gesture or not. With a kind smile and a caring tone in his voice.

"Sometimes one must throw away all guidances, and lose themselves...in order to find who they truly are." Richter would then point at Isabelle's heart, a small mote of magic flying over to her chest harmlessly. "You are your own person, with your own perspectives and ideals Isabelle Cinque." The mote would disappear in a small flash of light.

As Isabelle bowed Richter would gesture her to stop the bow, she owed him no such courtesy, she was in his home, he was the one who should be courteous to visitors. He pondered for a few seconds before Remy introduced himself, which Richter would bow and greet him cordially as well.

After much consideration Richter would sigh. "I...I am willing to let you all into Vivifica under mine and Zion's protection. But there's one thing I must request." Richter spoke, as he would look onward to the trees behind them.

"I ask that whoever else is with you show themselves...they have been there for quite a while, a while enough for me to notice their magic aura." Richter spoke.

- Arno Cross - leaving Vita City -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"We should avoid the main roads". Arno commented as he and his team left the city. "They probably have ways to see fair distances." Arno pointed out, "We need to avoid a fight, if anything." He spoke, suggesting the course of action. They were rather in over their heads, but damn it. He made a deal with Vaike and he would see it through.

"hm..." Arno pondered for a second as he walked. "Where's Saffron?" He questioned. They had everything in order for the trip to Vivifica, shouldn't take them longer than a few days to get there, same for the mages that went there, and when there they would need to find a way to get into the place.

Saffron
Hearing her name just in time Saffron piped Up. “Present and accounted for” she raised her arm. Saffron herself had gotten a small makeover while in town to blend in more with civilians. Her get up sported large amounts of yellows and oranges. Bright and rather attention grabbing compared to her old outfit. Her hair also seemed longer, maybe extensions. It’s hard to say as her hair had been rather lengthy to start. Maybe a mix. Her gun case was discreet as usual but now held a shotgun rather than her old rifle as it was falling apart. At her hip she had a new sidearm One that would properly take in her magic to use as a weapon. She seemed prepared. “Did all of you get done what you needed to get done?”

– Arun (Ignis Court) - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Basement–
Arun looked up at Vlad, nodding before carefully placing the painting back to where they found it with the help of Vlad. Arun sighed. "It is odd. How come this is found here rather than in the court? Would this kind of thing not be belonging to the court libraries?" He asked, looking back at Vlad. It seemed that they didn't have anything else in there to look. Nothing interesting. Nothing that caught their attention. When asked if he was ready for another trip, the soldier would nod and look at the small flame. He waved his hand, and with the flick of a wrist, the flame seized to exist, plunging him back into the darkness of the basement. "Should we ask some of the cathedral superiors about it? Maybe they will know?" He asked, reaching out in the dark before grabbing a hold of Vlad's arm. "I am ready. Just let me know when to hold my breath again."

–The Temple of Life–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

625b686fe7eaedb9e7c6e0eaadb577a4.jpg

Ronin, Eden, Remy, and Isabelle would be led to the Vivifica Temple by Richter. They would step into what seemed ancient ground, with ivy climbing stone walls and sprawling onto the ground. Verdant green would surround them, Itika seeming to permeatethe air. The temple seemed to consist of a city, with bridges stretched over a ravine to lead to further stone structures. The people within the walls seemed calm and serene, seeming to pay the newcomers little notice. They were welcome to do as they wished, with the exception of the condition set by Richter himself.

In the gardens within a courtyard behind the temple, Aislinn would be found, hands clutched to her chest as she knelt on the forest floor, her crinkled ivory dress splayed out around her as her dark flowing locks cascaded down her back. Her head would be bowed, and it seemed she was in prayer, perhaps invoking the protectors of the forest to aid them in their time of need. If someone sought her, she would be here.

–Caravans Unite: Vivifica Forest–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Around noontime, the party traversing from Vita City would hear the sound of hoofbeats, and not far down another path of parted trees would be their allies traveling from Aeternalis, whom they had split from so as to create a diversion. For the most part, you all reached this point safe and sound, and now it was the final trek of the journey, to infiltrate Vivifica Temple itself.

The parties would travel, at the direction of Jynn Venas and Eclaire de Wynter, to the heart of the forest, in the location where the Temple of Life was shrouded in illusion. After about an hour, as they came ever closer to their destination, they would first see ethereal glowing, turquoise hair, and, as they drew closer, would see the man sporting it.

Aislinn's right-hand man, her guardian, the owner of her heart. Richter Vanis.

Upon sighting the man, the carriages would roll to a halt. Mabel grew incredibly tense, while Mia's eyes narrowed at the sight of the Vivifica mage. What will you do?

–Trailing behind Vita City Caravan party: the Bounty Hunters–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Tibarn visibly tensed when Saffron made her appearance. He smiled weakly at her, before fidgeting with his Gunblade, gaze fixated on the trail ahead. The hooveprints from the caravan were still fresh, and they would be able to follow them easily on horseback if they kept a steady pace. Vaike, however, didn't seem anywhere near as awkward to see Saffron, and instead nodded in response to her question.

"Indeed, we gained intel through Arno's good friend that the High Priestess just set off, and we have good reason to believe that this is her trail." He nodded in the direction of the path. "We just need to intercept before she gets to speak with the maestra. It will take a great amount of stealth, and a sound plan if we are to avoid detection. I don't know how you guys feel about facing off against some of the finest mages that the Four Courts have to offer."

Afterward Tibarn finally spoke up toward Saffron, seeming almost hesitant as he did so. "Hey, I really like your hair . . . ."

Vaike looked confused, not having noticed anything different about Saffron's appearance, but merely shrugged it off to be Tibarn's hangover state.

–En route to Vicus Elbii–
Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , RikuXIII RikuXIII

roll initiative

While peace was being made inside the carriage between Pali and Shiroo, the turbulence of the carriage only seemed to increase. Despite Shiroo being away from the door, it would be wrenched open, and the party would be staring at a body without a head. Its clothing was tattered, cape nearly in shreds, its head underneath his arm, which looked out at them with a gaping mouth and soulless, haunting red eyes. An eery aura surrounded the Dullahan, something which would seem to instill an unusual, surreal fear within the party. It unsheathed a whip from his side, which seemed to consist of a human spinal cord. With a sickening crack, he snapped his whip, before moving at unearthly speed toward Vincent. It would attempt to strike Vincent with his whip, before whirling around and trying to stab Shiroo with a jeweled dagger.

"Those who do not possess gold are unworthy of my servitude," the Dullahan said in a deathly whisper. "And your blood shall spill on this night, as payment, before I shall ride again . . . without you." Its head would whirl around, red gaze boring into Anya's. However, Anya would not be affected by its Doom Gaze, for the golden ring on her finger would protect her from his curse.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Basement–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

The other objects strewn along the table didn't seem to hold significant value, unless Arun or Vlad wished to take them along just in case. The stacks of books were very old and musty, many would essentially turn to dust or disintegrate in Arun's hands if manipulated in any way. One, particularly an Atlas, did manage to maintain its shape, and Arun would find that it, and likely the other books, were written in Latin, the old tongue of Regalia.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Dining Hall–
Thanny Thanny

"Oh, of course." The umbra mage waited patiently outside of Jari's room, feeling a little awkward being there and wondering what others would think of her there whilst waiting for Jari. At least he hadn't invited her inside–that would've been even more awkward.

Thankfully the fox boy returned swiftly with his works of art that he wished to present to her. Her jaw dropped in surprise when she saw the figures, however. She couldn't draw parallels to Luka, as she hardly knew the sand girl, though she could compare Kagura's likeness to the figurine in her hands, and she was surprised . . .and that was an understatement.

"Your work is incredible, Jari," she breathed. "You truly bring your creations to life and depict them in such a meaningful way. Have you shown your maestra your works of art? Is that what you do for your court?"

This made her appreciate the Somnum court in a new way. A court which she thought was purely lazy and a waste of space seemed to bring about the fine arts across Regalia, and she was firsthand seeing their crucial role in the world that they lived in. They needed Ignis for their muscle and construction, and Somnum for their beauty that they brought forth. Though she wasn't sure where that left Vivifica . . . .

"Perhaps one day I could ask for a request from you, Jari. With payment, of course," she said quickly. "I would very much enjoy seeing what you could procure of me, in a portrait. I am in one of the Surdus Family, but it is so bleak and bland. It doesn't hold the life or beauty that your work does."

- Vincent (Ignis Court) –En route to Vicus Elbii–
Vincent still held the golden coin in his hands, waiting for Shiroo to take it should he desire. However, before they could do anything, they were attacked. Eyes landed on the being at the entrance of the carriage, and Vincent felt his whole body go numb. He couldn't move, he couldn't look away. The grip on the golden coin tightened, forming a fist around it as he opened his jaw to speak. But nothing came out. He couldn't even stand, his whole body shivering. His mind was screaming for him to move, to take out his weapon, for something and anything, but there was nothing he could do. He couldn't even defend himself at the incoming attack, the whip striking vincent across the chest. He finally did speak out, crying out in pain as his back hit the other end of the carriage. What was this feeling? What was this fear? He had to fight. He had to fight. Survive. Survive. Survive. His fear was manic, and as he pushed himself onto his feet, he became as reckless as his fear. He slipped the coin back into his glove and took out two pistols, aiming them at the being and beginning to shoot with everything he had.

- Arkane (Umbra Court) & Yael/Nahum (Unaffiliate) – Caravans: Vivifica Forest–

They had met up with the other caravan, the parties uniting once more. Once they had gathered themselves and organized, they went off to their final part of the journey towards the Vivifica Temple. The rest of the trip was...surprisingly quiet and uneventful. Until they got too close for comfort of the Vivifica mages. Arkane was trailing off to sleep when the caravan came to a halt, and the realization came upon them. They had come to a halt by a guardian of the temple. Arkane looked out the window, narrowing his eyes. His eyes landed on Mabel, offering a smile as if to help ease her tension. "It will all be fine, Mabel." He reassured, looking out. Was that fool really going to fight them all? He stepped out of the carriage, closing the door behind him. His weapons remained on his belt, and his attention remained on the blue lamp of a man that stood in their way. What was he planning? But had you seen Arkane not step up to a challenge yet? Sadly the mage was stubborn. He knew when to back down, even when he didn't like it. This was not one of those times. Yet. He approached the front, taking steps closer to Ritcher, eyes narrowing at his presence. "...Vanis." It was not odd to know who he was. He was the right hand man, clinging to Aislinn like a koala. Where Aislinn went, he went, and if she asked him to jump he would ask her how high. The fact that he was here, however...now that was concerning. " We have come to speak with Aislinn. Her absence at the meeting of the courts has left the courts worried, her proxy only creating even more concern and questions rather than answers. The court maesters wish to speak with her, is all." He explained, keeping his head high.

Yael had transformed into his ferret form long ago. He sat on Henry's shoulder, listening to the conversation. "Do not let your guard down. Stay close to the priestess." He whispered, his ferret body wrapped around his neck. Because damn it, Henry was like a walking heater. He offered lots of warmth!

- Arun (Ignis Court) –Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Basement–
Arun looked around one last time, eyes landing on the atlas. He approached it, carefully picking it up before looking back at Vlad. "This one. Can we try to bring this one with us?" He asked, smiling at the Somnum mage. He looked down at the book and carefully placed it inside his armor. Specifically between his chest and the plate of armor that protected the chest area. "There. Now the armor can help protect it." He smiled at Vlad, grabbing at his arm again. "We should return to the surface. Before we are noted as missing. Do you think that they will notice?" He asked.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vivifica Temple

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Thanny Thanny Xion136 Xion136 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII Elrandir Elrandir

0ABC9F4B-D322-44FA-B0F8-E4F7E65E091F.jpeg

As soon as everyone woke up, Jynn was quick to introduce everyone to Magellan, his feathery friend, to the rest of the group, and the others when they rejoined. After the reunion, Eclaire and Jynn took the driver’s seats of the carriages. But it did not take long until the carriages came to a halt.

It was Richter, slowly approaching the carriages. Jynn drops the reins and stands from his seat, eyeing everyone, including Mabel, who seemed to be incredibly nervous. The mage gives out an order to everyone in the group. “Nobody shall raise their weapons. Nobody shall draw blood. I wish for this to be a peaceful negotiation. We Vivifican mages are few, but strong. Everyone keep calm. Don’t let fears and hatred take the best of us. And most importantly.....” Jynn looks to Mabel. “..... keep our beloved priestess safe.”
The mage drops down from the driver’s seat. He also pats Melstrome’s muzzle before finally approaching Richter. Megellan perches himself on Mel’s head and watches the interaction.

Jynn has never had bad blood with Richter in the past, so he strides forward in confidence before finally stopping in front of him. “Greetings, Richter. Though there is much to discuss, everyone behind me comes in peace.”

Last edited:
- Ronin of the Shade, Unaffiliated - The Temple of Life, Vivifica Court HQ -

Ronin was internally relieved that no one came to blows with Richter and without a word, he would comply with the Vivifica Mage's condition and stepped out from behind the tree, making his way to the group at large and simply nodded at the man. Soon after, Richter would lead them towards their ultimate destination at long last...

The Temple of Life was a majestic place. Ancient and forever, one would think. Though even this far out, Ronin could practically taste the Itika in the air...that they had already harvested so much was astonishing and though its presence was disquieting, Ronin would keep those feelings to himself and finally speak up.

"I am honoured you allowed us entry, Richter. If you don't mind, I have a wish to explore this wondrous place. It's not everyday an urchin like myself gets an opportunity like this, you see." Ronin would simply say and slowly began to pace away.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Xion136 Xion136

- Elliot van Luxmore, The Silver Wolf, Vivifica - The Temple of Life, Vivifica Court HQ -

"You are welcome to do as you wish for now, dark one. But do not cause trouble, else you will be removed." A deep voice would ring out in reply to Ronin's words and the armoured figure they came from was in sight, walking into the area and essentially speaking for Richter. Elliot van Luxmore's approach took him past Ronin as the hooded mage departed, Elliot's eyes on him for a time, before they would settle upon Richter once again.

"Our other visitors are near, Richter. Those of the Caravan Parties. How shall we receive them?" Elliot proffered.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

- Gabriel Woods, The Soaring Raven, Bounty Hunter Party - Tailing the Caravans -

"I won't lie, this ain't gonna be easy, by any stretch. But we've got a job to do and we will see it done." Gabriel took on a surprisingly professional tone with his allies as they tailed the Mage Caravans, but would look at them and give a reassuring smile afterwards. "I've got your backs, friends. Let's get us a Priestess."

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Caravan Convoy -

A turbulent Eleanor kept close to Eclaire as she and Jynn lead them through the forest, having only recently recovered from her bout of rage and reunited with her fellow mages, internally struggling to keep the Darkness in check. Eclaire's presence was sufficiently soothing and the watch of an airborne Laguna would serve to keep her mind at some degree of ease...yet something troubled her still, as she repeatedly heard...a voice, repeating the same thing in the back of her mind:

"You must free me, Eleanor. The rage cannot be yours if you keep me contained. Something looms on the horizon, none will survive the coming days if something doesn't change! LET ME OUT!"

- Laguna, the Maelstrom, Somnum - Above the Caravans -

"How do you like your chances, Brother, Sister?"

"Honestly...I hate Vivifica for what they've done. Their treachery, their harvest of Itika, it-it..."

"It infuriates us both, don't fret. Though the sooner we resolve our own problems, the better, no?"

"Ugh...you're not going to let this go, are you?"

"The red moon of doom beckons, Laguna. You must deny your legacy no more! Else we will all be consigned to death!"

The accursed voice in the back of Laguna's mind only served to frustrate them as they kept a close eye from the sky upon Vivifica and the Caravan Convoy, lying in wait just in case things became...heated, to say the least.

- Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark of Ignis, Ignis Court -

The sordid business of located the blue-haired man was taking its toll on the ever world-weary Soren, wondering when this madness would end. Yet even he, in spite of lacking either a persistent voice in his head or grim portents of doom in mystery visions, could sense all was not right in the world, that a creeping darkness was looming, a great shadow that threatened to consume all...maybe Soren was just getting paranoid as he was getting older, wouldn't surprise him...but by the same token, he felt he needed to do something, anything else!

Though they had only spoken a few times, Soren's mind thought of the lady Everyth, as he pondered what she might be doing while he was busy, essentially, banging his head against a wall in frustration.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vivifica Forest Temple -
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

The rest of the trip to the Temple of Vivifica was a rather calm one. No further dangers along the way. The talk she had with Jynn and Mable hopefully put their doubts at rest for the time being. She could feel the mystic energy of the forest grow the further they went, until, finally, they reached their destination. And waiting for them was none other than Richter Vanis. Arkane was the one who spoke first, followed by Jynn.

"Your heir speaks truth, Mister Richter Vanis of Vivifica, we do not come seeking conflict. Just like Mister Gravemore's words are true as well. We have come to seek an audience with Aislinn Nosferi in regards to her absence in the meeting of the Four Courts." Nero said, "As for her other proxy, the so called Archmagus of Light, she made a spectacle and disturbed our meeting. I suppose she came back to the court to warn of an imminent attack against the Maestra and those who followed her. Is this correct?"

Nero said as she looked around the forest. Such an ancient and beautiful place. But there would be other time to admire it.

"I must say, she has a flair for the dramatic. What was it that she said? "For your tyranny I will become a villain cloaked in dawn, and history shall decide which of us our predecessors shall build a monument to. A monument to all our sins." Quite a flamboyant display, if I do say so myself. Instead it was your heir who stayed behind as the so called Archmagus fled. He was the one who dared to stay and speak in behalf of Vivifica," Nero said to Richter, "Regardless of what the Elders might have said or ordered, they are not here, we are. Aside from Lady Mia, the High Priestess's attendant, that is. And we do not have a reason to ignite the fires of conflict within these grounds. If an audience with Miss Nosferi would be possible, that would be good for all of us as there is much to discuss after recent events."

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind -

Diane had left the church after telling the young maid to give Vlad a message if she saw him. She got a churro on her way to Vala's . . . peculiar . . . shop. It tasted like nothing. There was no flavor, nothing. She used to love treats, caramel apples on festivals were the greatest thing, a happy day at the side of her dear Pietro and the sweet Alouette. But those days were gone, replaced with steam, magic and darkness.

It took a few minutes to reach the Elvenwind shop. Why would someone . . . no, this was not the time to wonder the use of such stores these days. Without wasting another second, Diane went inside the shop. As espected, not a single costumer in sight, not yet, anyways. Only one Vala Hassan cleaning around the store.

"Welcome to Elvenwind, My name is-Oh? Ah, back so soon, Diane? I must say that you would make a fine model for my-" Vala said.

"Not interested." Diane replied.

"Bummer. Those devices would make for such an interesting look, such a shame," Vala said as she sighed, "How can I help you today?"

"You know why I'm here for." Diane said.

"Let me guess. The Lieutenant and the young girl?" Vala said, getting no response, "So cold. You will make me feel sad with your indifference, my dear. It's like I am talking with a corpse. But I will take you to them. Follow me."

Vala closed the front door of the shop. Checking and double checking the door was closed. Then she took Diane to the back hallway, turned left, left, right and at the end of the corridor was an open door. The smell of fresh made breakfast still lingered in the air.

"The young girl should be there. Perhaps our patient will be too. Shall we? Vala said.

Diane nodded and followed the owner of the Elvenwind into the kitchen, ready to see if Elia and the Lieutenant were doing fine after the last few days.

Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Before Incarose could even attempt to strike a conversation with Anya, the door of the flying carriage opened and . . . was that a body without its head? No . . . wait . . . it was holding its head under its arm. Incarose couldn't make sense of what was going on, but she had a sense of dread that was slowly consuming any rational thought she had. It was like pure, unadulterated fear running through her whole body. The creature was saying something, but Incarose couldn't focuse enough to make sense of what was it saying. Something about gold or servitude. The creature then quickly moved towards Vincent and Shiroo, Vincent getting hit in the process before he began to shoot at the headless one.

"What should I do? What should I do?!" Incarose asked, "I dunno what's going on!"

The redhead reached her hands out towards the dullahan, her mind focusing on trying to unleash magic towards the creature. But nothing came of that attempt. Incarose muttered something about magic before taking out her sword and swinging it towards the dullahan. Hopefully, that would be enough to distract the creature so the others could make some attacks as well.

Last edited:
- Elliot van Luxmore, The Silver Wolf, Vivifica - The Temple of Life, Vivifica Court HQ -

There was no time for Richter to respond, as the Court Mages were now upon them, lead by Jynn Venas and soon after, Thea Nero, both proclaiming their desire to avoid bloodshed. They expressed their wishes to meet with Maestra Nosferi, yet while he listened and heard every word spoken, Elliot could not take his eyes off of Jynn and though his expression was unreadable through his helmet, the Wolf clenched his fists for a few moments, before stepping forward, ahead of Richter.

"You claim to wish to avoid bloodshed, to seek a peaceful resolution. If so, you will tell me this:" And Elliot pointed sharply at Jynn's eyes and growled: "What happened to him?! Why has the life left his eyes?! Whence did that scar come to be upon his flesh?!" He threw his extended arm to the side, though his voice was raised, he was not shouting, only expressing his understandable anger at Jynn Venas's plight. "Tell me no lies! What befell the heir? And then, tell me why you are deserving of an audience with our Maestra." Elliot's voice toned down just a little, narrowing his gaze upon Thea Nero, his armour quietly humming with power.

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Elrandir Elrandir

Jynn Venas, Vivifica- Vivifica Temple

Elliot was quick to insert himself into the conversation and immediately notices Jynn’s injuries. Obviously furious, he begins to blame the group for the scar across Jynn’s face. The Vivifican mage quickly tries to calm the situation and Elliot. “Relax Elliot. They had nothing to do with this. It was a rogue Umbra mage that I have painfully known for quite some time. Everyone here has treated me well on our way here.”

- Henry and Richter - Negotiations at the entrance -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Richter was in his aether form, having already expected the worst, one could never be too prepared in case he was attacked head first, but he quickly dropped the form, his body's glow stopped, leaving only his turquoise colored hair still lit as it always was, this was it, do or die. Negotiate for the fate of his court or fight for it, he wished to avoid bloodshed at all costs.

Richter let out a small, gentle smile as Jynn told them to hold back their arms, and not draw weapons, the boy had sense, it was obvious why he had been chosen to be heir, another figure approached, even though it pained him to see Jynn's eye wounds, he would have to ask of it later. However before he could really speak, Elliot came out and spoke his piece as well, which was defused by Jynn, thankfully.

Richter raised his hand, for him to speak, and to cease any other arguments, with a frown at all this.

His eyes would fall onto Thea Nero, the prestigious maestra of the Somnus court, having heard her piece, about how the elders were not there, and Zion's escapade back at the court meeting. "Yes, Zion has warned us, spoken much in the same way you speak, and due to that...is the circumstances in which we meet, you see. I intended to meet you all alongside Aislinn inside the court, with a respectful welcome, however due to Zion's warnings of tyranny and the threat of death we had to be wary, and...unfortunately we had prepared for the worst, you speak true, the elders are not here...yet you are here under their orders, and disobeying them is unacceptable, especially for a court official such as yourself...and the other maesters that find themselves here." Richter would speak, cordially, politely, and to the point, carrying confidence in his tone, as he would look at Daruk and Gerik, and provide them with a respectful head bow.

"If what Jynn says is true and you have all treated him well and with respect, I am indebted to you...however there is a predicament." Richter spoke, his expression turning into a solemn frown.

"Unfortunately, the court has readied for the worst after Zion's warning, we are geared for war, as much as it pains me to say it, the mages within the court are wary, and scared for their lives. And due to that...I apologize but I cannot allow such a large party to enter the temple all at once." Richter spoke, conviction and intent in his voice. "Please, understand".

A small moment of silence would permeate in the surroundings.

"However". Richter spoke, exchanging gazes with each mage and maester outside the carriages, looking each straight in the eyes with a honest but strong gaze. "A small escort, Jynn, The high priestess, and a few others...I am willing to allow to enter the court alongside me. Of course, this would mean the others would have to wait outside, but I will send others to provide them with food, water, and any need they may have." Richter proposed. "That way the suspicions that have been risen as a result of this misunderstanding would be put to rest."

"Of course, the decision of who would come alongside The Priestess would be chosen by your consensus." Richter spoke, this time directed at all the ones present.

Richter's aura was passive, it held no mana spikes, no hostility nor any malevelous intent, he wished to avoid a fight that would endanger the court, one way or the other. "Please, consider my request". Richter would finish, with a respecful bow.

Henry was silent, still and focused as yael spoke to him in his ear, and consequently wrapped himself around his neck, before he knew it he had a ferret scarf. Not that he really minded, it looked rather stylish.

- Arno Cross - Vivifica infiltration -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Saffron was back to the team, Arno noticed her different attire, and tipped his hat the moment he saw the girl's new shotgun, however he paid no comment to her different hair, unlike Tibarn who wasted no time hitting on her. Of all times.

"There are worse ways to die..." Arno said, sighing as he scouted the perimeter, in the very far distance he could see what would seem like a carriage, from this far it looked barely visible, but you couldn't mistake a carriage, years of robbing stagecoaches taught him to see them from far off distances. Even though, yes, the enchanted forest did make seeing long distances harder. Arno motioned the party to stop as he would pull out his rifle, and look through it's scope, with it's medum magnification it was easier to see, and yes indeed he could see one of the carriages. They had stopped.

"Get out of the trail, into the woods" Arno spoke, shifting over to the side. "Their caravan stopped." Arno commented.

"How do we get inside the court? don't suppose there's a way in for non-mages?" Arno asked.

- Vlad - The Shadowman - Sanctus Cathedral - Basement -

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

"Uh, sure" Vlad shrugged as Arun asked if they could bring the book he found on the table with them, just looking at the cover was enough for Vlad to grimace and rub his chin, shit, his Latin was rusty as hell, and he knew for a fucking fact this was a book of Latin. God damn it he hadn't studied it in over two centuries.

"Alright let's go, I know just where I can get us out without being seen". Vlad reassured Arun, as he would gesture the boy to hold his breath as they would go inside the shadows again, Same deal as before. Except this time Vlad would choose to leave inside one of the rooms of the Cathedral, he hoped the room was empty and they could leave by unlocking it from the inside.

- Transitioning to - Aquilla's Room -

beside Aquilla's bed would rise a portal made of ink-like shadows, unnatural and plain weird, as Arun would be nudged out, not thrown out this time by Vlad. Letting the boy land on his feet and catch his breath back, as the journey back was quicker now that he knew what he was looking for. Little did he know however, was that Aquilla was in this room the Ignis mage whom he heard was very shy and embarrassed.

Vlad noticed Aquilla, in whatever clothing she was in, almost likely at the same time as Arun would. "Ah, shit, I fucked up the rooms again..." Vlad spoke as he brought a hand to his forehead, this wasn't the first time it happened, but he really banked on ending up in an empty room of all things. Ah well, they were here now.

"So...hi?" Vlad greeted Aquilla, with an awkward smile.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica- Vivifican Temple

Jynn sighs. He rubs his eyes with his index finger and thumb in annoyance. “I had a feeling she would. Sometimes I’m not even sure why she came with me to Sanctus Heights.” He stops and returns his gaze towards Richter. If he did not accept Richter’s terms, the group might face an attack. But it’s not all too bad, Jynn has known Richter for years, and Aislinn even longer. The two of them are not known for much hostility, in fact, his presence alone would probably ease their worries. Zion however, after that scene in the courtroom, would be an uncertainty.

Jynn nods. “I accept your terms Richter. I believe it would be best if the maesters, high priestess, and myself go, but I shall have a word with the caravan.” The mage turns and mentions the terms to the other mages who stepped out of their carriages. “We’re going to have to select only a couple people to come with me and the priestess if we want to enter and keep the peace. I’d say the maesters and maestra come along, but I’ll let you decide who’s best.”

Jynn walks up to the carriage Mabel was in and has a word with her and Mia. “Mabel. We’re about to head into the temple.” He turns his head to Mia. “Lady Mia, please forgive me, but I fear if you come along, things might go south. After that incident with Zion, I don’t think anyone here would openly welcome an Elder. I promise to keep Mabel safe again.”

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, within a carriage flying towards Vicus Elbii with a Dullahan in its midst -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Pali relaxed his hand and drew it back at everyone reacting to him, grumbling something under his breath that they could not understand, before the door was flung open. There was the Dullahan in all of his menacing glory, and Pali's hands groped for his coat pocket containing the pocket watch, for fear of death. This was not the first time that wishful thinking and illusion magic had turned on its owner, but this was the first time it created such a devastating effect. The driver of the carriage was now in the carriage while the horses were midrun, and that led him to the following reasoning: what would happen if no one led the horses, and would they crash the carriage into the ground?

All of this lessened his concentration, and the Dullahan and the ghostly horses would feel a slight wane in their power before continuing on as Jagannatha Krishna would. Pali felt himself limited. If he weakened his concentration entirely, they would all collapse to whatever was below and perish as a result, and if he tried to wink out the dullahan the ghost horses would disappear as well. This presented him with an annoyance: he would have to depend on others to be able to deal with the threat fully.

"Forward!" he murmured, then surged into action by catching the crook of the Dullahan's arm with the golden chain of his watch, having forced himself from his seat and holding the chain taut. This would stop the jeweled dagger from plunging into Shiroo until the dullahan does something different, and it was not certain if the gold would affect the Dullahan at all. "By this gold I of the Noirtiers command you to cease! Return to the wagon seat at once!"

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, talking with Everyth in a hall -

Everyth's complements brought a lot of elation to Jari's pale cheeks, and he was as pleased as Punch at the thought of painting a portrait of Everyth. He took a moment to look her over from an artist's perspective, and was she a beauty! She was as wonderful a muse as any of the most lovely of women Somnum and Ignis had to offer -- hair like a night sky, a facial structure of nature's own golden ratio, and a smile that spoke volumes. A sculpture would not do for these qualities, but a painting? He could not ask for better.

Within him, however, he felt the tickle of recognition before it was gone like a quenched flame. Surdus . . . did he recognise a Surdus? He thought he recalled someone prestigious in the whole of Regalia, but there was something more that lay hidden, like a dormant memory. The truth of the matter was that it was an exfiltration of Ychera's memories, and was silenced just as swiftly as it entered his mind.

"I will look forward to the day, for that is a request I would adore taking part in," he responded with a glowing smile. "Capturing in fine paints your likeness would be a great joy for me once all of this is over. Write me a letter someday and I will put in my best efforts, including some enchantment if I am able!"

He thought back to what she said previously and replied, "I have indeed shown Lady Nero my skills. She seemed pleased enough, but I would wager that I enjoy her works more than she mine. She made this amazing book called Overworld, for which I can spout information and quotes for days on end, and she even included a character with my name in it! -- and . . . well, I will halt it right there." He flashed a grin of apology and continued. "As for what I do, that is a challenge to answer. I suppose I am the mailman, courier, and local artisan. I can sculpt and whittle things, so I can make a lot of aesthetic stuff out of wood and some stone. It saves people some time, especially machinery. Not many people can buy iron and steel equipment in my neck of the woods without a decent fee because it is all imported from the southern parts of the Mortem Mountains and other iron-rich locations, but we all get by with our art and products. Luckily good-quality lumber is easy to find, and textiles can be made." He paused, realising that he was getting glib again, and voiced in adjunction and apology, "Er, I will stop it there too."

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, outside of Vivifica's temple -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Xion136 Xion136

The Ignis maester looked positively perplexed at the site of a glowing man, wondering what he ate in order to glow so violently, as he and the others gathered in front of what looked like nature, nature, and even more nature. And yet it seemed that everyone, including the Vivificans, were talking about the temple being nearby, so naturally he fell into the same kind of state, a look of determination on his face.

His face drooped at the conversation about the elders, and about the doom and gloom of breaching orders. Yes, that was somewhat discussed back then, wasn't it? Especially the Zion bit. The archmagus certainly seemed rather full of drama and poetic words. However, he wondered something: what would happen if all of the Four Courts decided against what the Elders proclaimed? Together they surely had more might and people on their side than the elders, and while a coup d'etat or group veto was an abysmal and dishonorable thought to him he was certain that the Elders' thoughts would be overruled. That, however, was if Vivifica could explain itself and give viable reason to reintegrate with the other Courts.

Finally, after all was said and done, it came to debating on who went where, and it seemed that he was nominated for entering. Richter -- or Mr. Blue as Daruk now decided to call him -- gave him a nod, and Daruk gave a nod back without thought. The blue-haired man seemed like an amiable chap, but not very evocative. He wondered what exactly ran through the man's veins, let alone his mind.

"I for one am for this idea," Daruk boomed over the short distance. "We can have a moot, a gathering of the Four Maesters and Maestra, and the Vivifica heir designate as well. My request, however, Mr. Blue, is to have my heir designate present as well, as a token for future relations between our ruling bodies. Henry, if you don't mind standing out of the group."

He gave a glance over to Henry with a wide smile (and Yael a little bit wider of a smile because he made an excellent neckwrap). It was not exactly public knowledge until now, and he hoped that this public declaration would enforce matters to everyone.

Last edited:
Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Temple of Life

As they approached and Eleanor grew closer, the girl held onto her friends, gently taking Fyenne's hand. Her face drew wary, staying back a bit as they all drew closer...then Richter and Elliot. Eclaire's breath caught as they all talked, then Richter's demand. Eclaire breathed in, then raised her head. "...does that limit extend to me, Richter?" She asked, ears sticking straight up. "I once held place here, after all. You know well I mean no harm to Vivifica." She was gambling a bit - she spoke sincerely, after all. But she didn't know what would happen with Eleanor or Fyenne...

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Eden and Zion - Umbra and Vivifica - Temple of Life

As Eden entered the temple, she shivered worriedly. Her manner of dress would probably bring forth nothing but problems, and so she began to draw her cloak around her...then came the whistling. Eyes wide, her head snapped up as the whistle of the wind, an all-too familiar sound, shot through her body with primal fear. Amber eyes widening, she tried to raise her hands in defense, but resistance was futile. The magic missile of love and hugs slammed into her, flattening the disgraced magus against the ground. Any cries were silenced by the kiss pressed upon her, the damn near Rated R makeout session lasting a full minute before, gasping, Eden just stared at the golden-haired archmagus who had tackled her.
"Hello, dear." She said flatly.
"Babe! Welcome back!"
Eden just sighed. "Well, at least the first thing thrown at me was my wife." she said. Her arms went, wrapping around Zion's waist and keeping her held close. "....it's been...too long...." She muttered quietly.
Zion beamed. "It has. I'd take you to bed, buuuuut there's a crisis."
"I know." Eden sat up, forcing Zion to straddle her thighs. Both expressed their understanding of the situation...but...neither wanted to leave the other's arms. Zion, Archmagus of Light, one of the most powerful mages of Vivifica....and Eden, former magus of Umbra, of a powerful family that abandoned her. Quite the pair they made - dark disgrace and bright success, gothic beauty and radiant pretty...and between their eyes was nothing less than love. Someone would need to actually tell them to get up.

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - Temple of Life Entrance EMERGENCY CODE: RICHTER

Her instincts said PUNCH. Her training said PUNCH. Her wants said PUNCH. But she did not punch. Instead, she moved closer to Henry, gently taking his hand in her own to control herself. "I stay with Henry." She nodded seriously to her Maester. She was sticking with her bestie and she can and will punch you and say fuck do not test her.

Thanny Thanny Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - Sanctus Heights

The young boy had taken awhile to think about what the elder had asked. But right now, he had awoken after a long day. He had been dancing more, working on soothing the many areas of Sanctus Heights with his dancing. And now...wait...what was his face in? His hands went. Squeeze. Squeeze.
Oh.
Sitting up, he yawned, hair falling around him as he looked at the girl beside him.
Right.
Kagura slid out of bed and trudged towards the bathroom to begin cleaning up.

He had made his decision. And as he washed his hair, he hoped Absalom would understand.

- Arkane (Umbra Court) & Yael/Nahum (Unaffiliate) – Caravans: Vivifica Forest–
Arkane narrowed his eyes at Ritcher. Now usually he would keep it quiet...nah who we kidding this is Arkane we talking about- "And we are supposed to entrust them to you and believe that you won't turn on them the moment they are in your home turf? Hold them hostage? Aislinn has yet to even come greet us after months of being missing, instead sends over her lapdog to do her work for her." He snapped, glaring at the blue haired mage. But he understood. They were in their territory, their home. Their rules and etiquette was to be followed. But after everything that has happened? This smelled as rotten as a corpse. Arkane looked down and looked up at Thea. "I believe you Maesters and Maestras should go with Jynn and the priestess inside the temple. The rest of us should remain behind and serve as back up." They were the ones of authority, after all. And the strongest among them. Arkane glared at Ritcher one more time and turned away, walking over to where Jynn was with Mabel, getting her to enter the temple with her. "Mabel. Here." He would remove his deck, shuffling through the cards. He pulled five and handed them to Mabel. "Here, Mabel. Take these with you just in case. They are from my Cartomancy Deck." He spoke. "Curse of Destruction: Fire, Cursed Shield, Curse of Jinx: Bad Luck, Curse of Transmutation: Reflection and Curse of Reanimation. To use them just hold the card up and aim it at what you wish to use it against. However, they can only be used once." He warned her. "Stick to Jynn and the Maesters like glue, alright?"

Yael would hum. He did not want to be left out of this. "If you go in, Henry, I wish to go with you. I cannot be left behind in this." Yael insisted. Something...irked him about this Aislinn. He wished to see her and see for himself who is this maestra who had caused so much chaos among the courts with her own decisions.

- Arun (Ignis Court) –Sanctus Heights: Aquilla's Room –
Arun would gasp for breath once he was brought back to surface. However, his attention was brought to the fact that hey had ended up in someone's room. Aquilla's room out of all places. He blinked a few times and turned, seeing Aquilla there. Someone which he recognized. "Oh! Hi Aquilla!" He chimed, lifting his head up and waving at her. "Fancy seeing you here." He said, reaching for his armor and pulling out the Atlas that they had retrieved from the basement. "Vlad took me to the basement. Did you know that they have a basement?" He did not seem to have considered that they had shown up invited to said room from the floor like snakes.

Aquilla- her room
Aquilla was simply sitting on her bed in her pajamas with the gloscan crystal in her hands staring at the northern star shaped stone. Then the shadows encroached followed by Arun and Vlad. She simply stared at them in a bit of shock and listened to their greetings. “A-Arun... and um.... I’m sorry I don’t remember your name... I um... I didn’t know they had a basement... better question.... How did you get into my room.... and why are you here?” She shrank away from the two as her anxiety started to kick back up.

Quinn- Inside the Cathedral near a broom closet.
Quinn had made infiltration look easy, having slipped in with the help of her own stakeout and the information she gathered from it. She was now staking out another location, a more aggressive approach in mind and of course due to Quinn’s keen senses and knowledge of who came in and out of the Cathedral, one of the possible people showed up, a maid, returning her cleaning supplies to the broom closet Quinn was watching from around the corner.

As she opened the closet Quinn quietly approached tapped her on the shoulder and as she turned, startled of course, the Vivican mage’s hand would cover her eyes, soon followed by a bright flash beneath her palm. The maid would go limp and Quinn would gently catch her. “Sleep well. It’s just a moonlit dream nothing more.” She would whisper, influencing her targets coming dream as she drags her into the closet to swap clothes with her.

Saffron
The blonde rogue would smile at Tibarn. “Thanks, I um... Didn’t want to be recognizable for when we return to Vivifica.” Her gaze would turn towards Arno next. “I can get us in.... but your gonna need to trust me and stay close and stay quiet when we get close to the entrance. I’m hoping this will be my last time returning home.... but that might be wishful thinking.” She would open the case and get her shotgun ready planning to use it as her casting catalyst.

Isabelle- within Vivifica Gardens
The Umbra mage kept her distance from most of the plants, she didn’t want them to wilt from her existence. She was like a leech to them in her own mind. After making sure she was a safe distance from it all her eyes would slowly lock onto the Maestra. immediatly she would stiffen up. Standing at attention, this however stopped as she was swiftly caught off guard by Zion and Xion’s....masterful display. Which Isabelle would turn away from, her cheeks reddening with a extreme embarrassment having little experience with such scenarios. She would overall choose to remain silent even though she wanted to ask questions.

Last edited:
- Arun (Ignis Court) –Sanctus Heights: Aquilla's Room –
Arun brushed some dust off him. "Well, like I said. We went to the basement. Vlad can travel via shadows and through floors. Pretty convenient. I have no idea why we resurfaced in your room, though." He added, pulling on a string of hair on his head, making sure it wasn't dust before looking back at Aquilla. "Oh. But. Aquilla, do you know how to read Latin?" He asked, approaching her with the Atlas. "We cannot read this...but if you can read it, can you please translate it for us?" He asked, rather sheepishly at that. He saw no wrong in having randomly showed up at someone's bedroom. If anything he just seemed to be purposely oblivious to avoid any conflict or just that oblivious all on his own without any provocation. He did notice that she shrank away, however, and to that he took a step back. "We didn't mean to scare you..."

–Caravans Unite: Vivifica Forest–
Elrandir Elrandir , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Xion136 Xion136

"A couple of people?" Mia repeated, raising a brow at the Vivifica mage. "And who, exactly, ordained this? I do not believe we came to a consensus that this would be the way of it."

"I accept," Mabel said, almost simultaneously. The priestess rose from her seat and brushed off her skirt, something that she had made a habit out of doing when she was nervous. "Lady Mia, Mister Venas is correct. Your presence will only trigger a negative response from Vivifica. Please understand. I will be fine."

The elder huffed, slumping into her seat and folding her arms over her chest. "It is not your safety that concerns me. I know that boy won't let anything happen to you. It is whether you will be able to make the right choice when the time comes, regardless of what your heart tells you."

These words seem to wound the priestess, who visibly flinched as they were spoking. She blinked, twice, thrice, before turning to Jynn and nodding. "Let us go. If the maesters and Maestra wish to come, that is fine, otherwise it will be just Mister Venas and myself."

With that, and likely with Jynn at her side, Mabel emerged from the carriage, but before she got to Richter she came upon Arkane. She looked at him momentarily before her gaze fell. The last words that they had exchanged weren't pleasantries, as he had been scolding her and she had been brash with him. Instead of scold her or seem to hold a grudge, however, Arkane was giving her a means to protect herself, parting ways with his precious cards so that she could be safe. Her fingers started to reach for the cards before they instead gripped Arkane's hands. She gave him a tight embrace, whispering in his ear. "You stay safe, too. And, Arkane, thank you . . . really. I am glad to have met you." With one final smile, Mabel accepted the cards before leaving the Umbra mage, to stand before Richter Vanis himself. Her back was straight and drawn to full height, eyes filled with a fiery determination as they locked upon Richter's.

"I am here. Please, take me to Aislinn Nosferi. She has neglected to respond to the council of the elders and high priestess of Regalia, and she is being charged with dealing illegally with Itika. Her title as Maestra of Vivifica has been revoked, and all authority is now being placed upon her heir, Jynn Venas, who shall be the new Maester of Vivifica once all matters are settled. Miss Nosferi must now step down from her court and answer for her crimes."

–Trailing behind Vita City Caravan party: the Bounty Hunters–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

"You . . . really don't like your home, do you?" Tibarn inquired, before letting out a sigh. "Well, regardless, I appreciate that you're willing to go to such lengths to help us out. I don't know what happened or why exactly you're so disgruntled toward Vivifica, but I want you to know that you'll be safe there. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. And"–he carefully placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled–"when I promise something, I never turn back on my word. Not as long as I draw breath!"

Vaike glanced over his shoulder and smirked, catching a glimpse of Saffron and Tibarn conversing. "It seems that we're getting close," Vaike said with a frown. " Their kinetic energy has stopped, so I think that they have arrived. Best be on our guard."

If they traveled much farther, the party would see two parked carriages amidst a clearing, and many mages congregated in front of a mage with ethereal glowing hair. Standing before Richter was their target: the high priestess herself.

"We've got to stop her before she gets to the maestra," Vaike growled under his breath. "If they meet, it's going to be too late."

–Temple of Life–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136

Most didn't even seem to notice–or care–that Eden and Zion were making a public display of their affection. Several mages just passed by without a word. It was Tiru, however, who finally broke the silence and spoke up to the two female mages.

"Sorry for interrupting you, Archmagus, but have you seen Soren?" he inquired, blush slightly coloring his cheeks, as he knew that he was intruding upon their moment, and would be anything but welcomed. "I was curious to see if he'd be willing to take guardsman on the upper floor with me, since I can't find Elliot anywhere. Do you know where he is?!" His shoulders slumped slightly. "I swear, it's impossible to find anyone here these days."

----

Alongside Isabelle she would hear someone say, "This is awkward." It was Remy, the thief, whose nose was scrunched up while looking at Zion with a curious glint in his eye. "I had been planning to come and serve her, but now I don't even know how to approach her. Maybe we should . . . ah, come back later? Check and see if they have some food, good stuff to steal?"

–En route to Vicus Elbii–
Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Pali's pocket watch trick was enough to restrict the Dullahan's arm, so that he could not plunge the dagger into Shiroo's chest, regardless of how deserving such an action would've been. It chuckled darkly, shifting to face Pali.

"You think your gold will earn my subservience now, human?" it sneered, red eyes of the skull boring into Pali's. "It is much too late for that. Before, yes, I would loyally serve those whose gold could keep me in line, but thanks to you I am able to leave my legacy behind. You have improved and perfected me. I am a new being, a superior being. While my full power may not be able to fully influence those who have gold, as I cannot fully turn on one who has coin over my head, I no longer have to obey you, and I choose not to."

The dullahan didn't expect to be shot at. The first bullet seemed to dance off of the being's tattered coat, while the second bullet fired by Vincent made its mark. It landed square in the shoulder of the dullahan, creating a visible hole in the creature that could easily be seen through. It didn't, however, seem pained, though its attention was diverted from Pali and Anya. It would instead redirect it's deathly gaze upon Vincent, who, also, would be immune due to the golden coin in his glove.

The sword that Incarose brought up against the dullahan would be parried with the handle of his bony whip. From this short distance, Incarose would easily be able to see the vertebrae that made up the length of the whip, each piece sickeningly cracking as he brandished it. The dullahan would sidestep, back to Vincent now as he whipped out against Incarose. He would proceed to spin on heel, once he thought that he successfully knocked Incarose away, and would attempt to wrap Vincent with his whip.

"Do you . . . fear death?" it whispered, its breath seeming to suck the life out of the very air around Vincent. "Do you . . . cower from the shadows and the eternal night?"

Vincent would likely feel a very odd sensation, as though some kind of energy was leaving his body, though he would still be able to move. If Vincent were a mage, however, he would likely be unable to cast. The dullahan was using what was commonly known as an "Osmose," draining mana from an opponent to increase his own mana pool to draw from. The dullahan's osmose breath would also extend toward Anya, who may also feel the tug of her mana being sapped from her while the dullahan would increase in power.

Meanwhile, Shiroo's eyes darted from Pali, to the dullahan, and back again, an idea forming in his mind. When Pali had started to lose his concentration he'd noticed the dullahan wane. Shiroo gripped the hilt of his sword, the metal shifting and reshaping to turn into a Warhammer. "I am sorry, Pali. It is nothing personal," he said solemnly. "But if you lose consciousness, the dullahan will also disappear." He then charged toward the umbra mage, attempting to thwack him in the back of the head with the hilt of his hammer.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral 2nd Floor Hall–
Thanny Thanny

Everyth placed a hand on Jari's shoulder and smiled, tilting her head slightly. "Wonderful, I shall look forward to commissioning you. But"–she hesitated, glancing toward the trinket of Luka in her palm–"I would rather see a portrait without enchantments. Sometimes natural beauty speaks greater volumes than that which is enhanced, know what I mean?"

Her brow arched at the mention of Maestra Nero's literary works. "Ah, so Maestra Nero is a . . .poet? Writer? Very fascinating. She did seem to be the bookworm sort. I am surprised that she finds the time to write when she has so much to do within the workings of her court." But, then again, it was the Somnum court, where work didn't exactly take precedence to many of the mages within.

She couldn't help but chuckle slightly as Jari paused after his excited discussion of what he did for his court. "It sounds like you're very passionate about your job," she said. "That is good to hear. I am sure that you are good at it, too, and a very valuable asset to Somnum."

The large grandfather clock chimed at the end of the hall, the clock striking eleven o'clock in the morning. Everyth sighed, running her fingers through the front of her hair and resting on her head. "I should probably get going. I promised Elder Javier that I would meet with him and that we would discuss coffee rations and keeping morale up in Sanctus Heights. It sounds boring, but I should go. It was lovely chatting with you, Jari!" She blew him a kiss, before starting to walk away and make her way toward the staircase.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral, outside broom closet–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Outside of the broom closet Quinn would hear footfalls, though they didn't seem to linger along the closet. If she emerged or poked out, she would find Kolm walking down the hall, book under his arm and a hot cocoa in his other hand. He didn't seem particularly interested in the closet, but there was a risk that he might find it odd that Quinn emerged from it if she left. Or, he might not even notice . . . .

–Sanctus Heights: The Elvenwind–
Elrandir Elrandir

As they entered the kitchen, the lich would be bounded into by a blur of dark hair that would wrap her thin arms tightly around Diane's waist. "Diane, hi! I'm so glad that you're here." Elia would turn her face up toward Diane, a smile stretching her lips. She seemed much healthier than the day prior, and the dark circles under her eyes were no longer visible. She seemed back to her energetic, bubbly self.

"My dad is awake! He's still resting in bed, but I brought him breakfast, and talked to him, and–" The girl rambled on and on, grabbing Diane's hand and leading her to the table. "Are you hungry? Did you want anything to eat, Miss Diane?"

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vivifica Forest Temple -
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"Future political relationships notwithstanding, Maester Daruk, I feel that the four maesters and maestras, along with the High Priestess, should be enough of a group. The Heir and Miss de Wynter belong here as well, but any more than that would be highly unnecessary," Nero said to Daruk as Makoto said she would stick with Henry, "We only came to discuss things with Miss Nosferi. You, Maester Gerik, Miss Nosferi and myself make the four heads of the courts, and that should be enough."

Nero remained quiet after Arkane snapped at Richter but was happy to see that he also agreed with her current idea.

"That is the best course of action. I am glad to see that I am not the only one thinking that way, Mister Gravemore." she replied.

Mabel came out of the carriage a couple of minutes after that. She exchanged some words with Arkane after which she stood before Richter. She looked ready, determined, she was ready. Or so the Maestra of Somnum hoped. So much was hanging from the outcome of this meeting. Everything around Regalia could change by the words that were going to be spoken in this temple. She waited for Richter to take the three maesters, Jynn and Eclaire inside.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind -

The moment Elia looked up at Diane, the Lich did not see the black haired girl, instead the face of another was looking at her with the same smile and happiness on her face. Diane blinked twice and the face of Alouette, her late sister in law, was replaced by that of Elia.

"She's been asking about you ever since she woke up, Diane," Vala said as she filled a cup with coffee, "it seems you have made quite the impression on the little sweetheart."

Diane looked at Elia and gently ruffled her hair. The young girl looked better than the previous day and that was a huge relief for her. She prefered this version of Elia.

"Good morning Elia. I am glad to see that you have recovered," Diane said as she followed Elia to the table, "I got something to eat in the cathedral before coming to see how you and your father were doing. It's good news to learn that he is awake."

"He's a strong one, I can say that much," Vala said, "such a strong will to live."

"I came to see how you two were doing, that much is true, but I also came to see if I could speak with your father about something we found in his home," Diane said as she took out the diary from inside her cloak, "I need to learn about anything he knows about a woman named Irasbeth Tekkanororia."

"The scholar and researcher?" Vala asked.

"You know her?" Diane asked Vala.

"A bit. She is retired, scientific community thinks she might be going mad, blah blah blah," Vala said as she waved her hand, "you know, the usual."

"I need to speak with your father about that, Elia," she said to the young girl, "would it be possible for you to take me to your father's room?"

Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Incarose's attack was easily parried by the Dullahan and, thanks to the small space, Incarose ended up hitting herself as she fell to the floor of the carriage.

"This is a very thight situation. There's not much we can do when we're all inside this carriage," she thought, "Gold is not going to stop it now. It doesn't look hurt by Vincent's gun either."

The creature was doing . . . something . . . to Vincent and Anya, but what? She could feel a small disturbance in the mana around, but before she could come up with an answer, she she jumped on the back of the Dullahan and attempted to both make it stop whatever it was doing and stab it.

"Stop doing whatever you're doing!" she yelled as she tried to stab the creature.

On the corner of her eye she could see Shiroo charging towards Pali. Was he trying to . . . did he knew that if Pali lost consciousness the carrigage would . . . this situation had the possibility of getting worse.

- Arkane (Umbra Court) – Caravans: Vivifica Forest–
Arkane hugged Mabel back, smiling. "It will be fine. Keep your chin up and trust your gut. We will be waiting here for you when you guys are done." He reassured, giving her a confident smile. He would remain outside with the rest, and prepare for anything, whether it be a fight or a run away. He looked over at Jynn. "Stay close to Mabel." He scolded him, as if giving him a reminder that he needed to stick close to the priestess. He watched them walk away and greet with Ritcher, ready to enter the temple should they be allowed. Arkane sighed and played with a string of hair between his fingers. He was not beyond storming the temple if things went wrong, and his gaze judged every movement of Ritcher near the priestess.

- Vincent (Ignis Court) –En route to Vicus Elbii–

Vincent panted, his mind spinning as he dealt between reason and fear, the two interchanging gears as fast as he could shoot. His back was against the wall of the carriage, and the guns shook in his hands as the being approached. He could not look away from him, hearing his words. Did he fear death? Well no shit. Who didn't?...Umbra. Umbra didn't fear death. He felt teh odd sensation; oh by the gods was this thing eating his soul?! Vincent shook his head and shut his eyes closed. A deep breath, trying to ignore the being before him, even as his words rang in his ears. Was he scared? When wasn't he?

"I do not understand it. He doesn't even use magic!"
"A friend of mine couldn't get into the class because he's taking up the space. How selfish!"
"If he isn't a mage then what use does he have being part of the court?"​

Vincent knew his place. He knew how lucky and unlucky he had been. Had he been born outside the court with magic, he would have been branded a heretic and a danger. Had he been born outside the court without magic he could have lived a normal life. But he had been born inside a court without magic. Even with two mage parents, and a linage of mages ranging as far back as the founding of the courts, he had been born unable to wield any of it. His parents loved him no less. No. They adored him and loved him and supported him and gave him everything he could ever dream for. But that didn't stop the judging nor the feeling of uselessness. So he worked hard. He studied twice as hard, worked twice as hard, partook in apprenticeships; all he ever did was to push himself further. To keep up with the court. He earned his place. He was a member of the court of Ignis, a non mage and a brilliant engineer and inventor.

So why did it still feel so empty?

Henry was an example to follow. A prodigy in his own right, he soared through the rankings without hesitation. How can someone a decade younger than I be so great without trying? He had already reached status of top student before he had even reached adolescence. Why did he work so hard to stay afloat when those who didn't even mean could do it on a whim? Why did his wings had to melt when he reached for the sun while others flew so freely?

He hated mages. He hated mages?

hate hate hate hate hate why did he had to be born without magic into a court? Why did he have to push himself? No one was asking him to do it. But if he did he would be pitied and if he didn't he would be mocked. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. He hated magic. He hated being in this court. Why did he work so hard if it meant nothing in the end?! He hated he hated he hated he hated-

"You're part of the court of Ignis?!"

A teenager had approached Vincent, who at the time was at the mere age of 25. He had earned his spot in the court just recently, having been endorsed by several professors and having aced whatever qualifications they searched for (much to the dismay of others). The badge of the court pinned against his jacket as he stood by a supply shop. The teenager was still awaiting for an answer. "Um, yes. I am."

"That's so cool! Can you show me some magic?!"

Vincent shuffled his feet. "I...I can...I cannot use magic. My apologies." He whispered. The teenager blinked.

"You can't?"

"No."

"And you're part of the court?"

"Yes."

"...how?" The teenager truly seemed confused, staring at Vincent as if he had been lying to him. He did not blame him. Vincent cleared his throat.

"My capabilities on engineering and weapon creation is what has earned me a place in the court. I do not have magical capabilities." The teenager seemed unconvinced. Vincent rolled his eyes and reached for his bag and pulled out one of his practice creations, made out of scrap and left over material. Made out of metal in the shape of a butterfly, Vincent twisted the key a few times, and the small, tiny automaton began to move. It flapped its paper wings, and took flight, flying in one single place in a circle. The boy's expression changed from surprise, to curiosity, and then to amazement.

"No way!" He chimed. "Is that real?! How did you bring it to life?! You said you couldn't use magic!"

"I cannot. This is not magic. It is engineering. With enough work and study, anyone can do it, magic or not." Vincent explained. But the butterfly seemed to have brought some more attention from others who had been watching curiously.

"You can make a butterfly. Can you make a bird?" "Wait, so we can learn how to do it? I want to build a dragon!" "Where did you learn? Do you think we can learn too?" How could he deny those curious eyes and fascinating minds.

Ah. That is why. He realized. If the world was bent towards mages and mages alone, then what about those who could not wield magic? Should they be impeded? No. He was only a man. A mere inventor within the court of ignis. But if he could set an example to the world, maybe it could be worth it in the end?

"No." He lied. "I am not afraid of d-death." He hissed, glaring up at the being. "I fear failure, and I ain't failing today!" He yelled. Suddenly the clicking sound of the wires on his hips would echo, the cables shooting out as they clung onto the sides of the indoor of the carriage. The cables then proceeded to pull him forward, and with him, Vincent would try to kick the dullahan out of the carriage by using the force to his advantage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back