The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Having a movement power to get around the combat field is important. Without it, you'll spend half the fight just trying to keep up with your teammates.

Well, in that case Enhanced Speed might be a good investment for Lady Justice. Or have a teammate willing/able to fly her around, I suppose.

Could also go with Enhanced Jumping instead. :) While Enhanced Speed is more to my liking for sheer movement, the Jessica Jones/Hulk approach is squarely in theme for her.

Well, in that case Enhanced Speed might be a good investment for Lady Justice. Or have a teammate willing/able to fly her around, I suppose.

Could also go with Enhanced Jumping instead. :) While Enhanced Speed is more to my liking for sheer movement, the Jessica Jones/Hulk approach is squarely in theme for her.
I went with flight, if that is ok?

I have a mild preference for "runs fast" or "jumps far" over "fly through the air through no apparent means", largely because her concept is generally one of "human but amplified".

But it's a very mild preference. If flight works better point wise, I'd rather her be Strength •••••, Dexterity •••, Stamina ••••• with Flight to get around than Strength ••••, Dexterity ••••, Stamina ••••. If that makes sense.

I have a mild preference for "runs fast" or "jumps far" over "fly through the air through no apparent means", largely because her concept is generally one of "human but amplified".

But it's a very mild preference. If flight works better point wise, I'd rather her be Strength •••••, Dexterity •••, Stamina ••••• with Flight to get around than Strength ••••, Dexterity ••••, Stamina ••••. If that makes sense.
Running fast can be done instead, no problem.

Speaking of movement! Sherwood Sherwood

How fast is the meters for flight and running and stuff? Like I think its per turn, so how fast per hour would it translate to. Such as Luminary 45m or my 34m.
Obviously, Luminary is a bit faster than you in normal combat flight. If you don't mind the extra Endurance cost, you can drop the 1/2 End and get more meters of flight. Basically, movement in combat works like this: You can make what is called a Half Move (half of your movement distance in meters) and still be able to use an attack power. If you do not attack, you can make a Full Move, which as the name suggests, is your entire movement amount.

Obviously, Luminary is a bit faster than you in normal combat flight. If you don't mind the extra Endurance cost, you can drop the 1/2 End and get more meters of flight. Basically, movement in combat works like this: You can make what is called a Half Move (half of your movement distance in meters) and still be able to use an attack power. If you do not attack, you can make a Full Move, which as the name suggests, is your entire movement amount.
Oh I don't mind how it is now. I was just curious about how fast I would be traveling at full speed if I was clocked by a radar gun.

Alright.

So. A full turn is 12 seconds.

In one turn i can move 34 meters.

Divided by 12, that's 2.8 meters per second.

Converting that to miles per hour, thats... about 6 miles per hour.

So a full turn of combat flying is about comparable to a good jogging speed.

Alright.

So. A full turn is 12 seconds.

In one turn i can move 34 meters.

Divided by 12, that's 2.8 meters per second.

Converting that to miles per hour, thats... about 6 miles per hour.

So a full turn of combat flying is about comparable to a good jogging speed.
A turn is divided into 12 Phases, and you act on six of them, being able to move your 34m on each phase. Thats 204 meters per 12 seconds.

Not counting your MegaScale flight which is supersonic, but not useable in a fight, just to get from point A to point B really fast.

Oh! So then it translates then as per second. Meaning full combat movement is a very respectable 76 mph.

MegaScale! I was going to ask about that! So I can travel at Mach 1?

MegaScale! I was going to ask about that! So I can travel at Mach 1?
I'd have to try and calculate it out, but you probably go a lot faster than Mach 1. Each 'meter' you move is equal to 100 kilometers, so you can hustle from city to city, or from Earth to orbit, in no time.

I'd have to try and calculate it out, but you probably go a lot faster than Mach 1. Each 'meter' you move is equal to 100 kilometers, so you can hustle from city to city, or from Earth to orbit, in no time.
Thats.... thats me traveling at almost Mach 10! 7,605 mph.

Could circle the globe in a couple hours, if that.

Also, I'm not entirely sold on my hero name. I might go with something ice related but I'm not entirely sure.

Sherwood Sherwood

Alrighty! I think I'm all done, thanks to you!

Does my backstory and everything else check out?
I like it. Just a quick question; did you want an actual base of operations in the south pole? If you reallocate your points put into Luck, that would give you a nice little Fortress of Solitude to work from.

I like it. Just a quick question; did you want an actual base of operations in the south pole? If you reallocate your points put into Luck, that would give you a nice little Fortress of Solitude to work from.

Well the reason I picked the south pole was mostly random. "Where would be an interesting harmless place to dig a hole to the center of the earth?"

So I picked Antarctica, and figured that the hole wouldn't be left unattended (penguins might fall in). So I figured it a good idea to have an operating base there for the scientists and explorers underground to help them stay supplied, informed, and stuff.

That base isn't his, per say. Just where is living as he is with that organization. A place where he doesn't have to pay rent, and has access to his suit technology. And that given he is from underground, he doesnt really have a city he is from, yet he could house himself anywhere if he wanted.

As well as a place to have to defend when bad guys try to cripple the organizations efforts.

I think you said you would be providing vehicles and a base for the group. If that's the case, I don't think I would really need to invest in the fortress of solitude, unless having two bases gives us a good leg up.

Though! Out of curiosity. If I switched luck for base of operations, what would I get out of that?

Though! Out of curiosity. If I switched luck for base of operations, what would I get out of that?
It would start out at a 250 point base level before adding in any Complications. I can make a decent little hidey-hole with labs and mechanical bays to help keep your suit running. It would be very remote (duh), so you wouldn't have to worry too much about security. But if there was a disaster somewhere that is happening right now, it would take you several hours even at full speed flight to get where you need to.

The only other possibility is if you had a long range teleport on your base that could pop you into the area.

But like you said, I was planning on having you get recruited into an existing team with a base that you don't have to worry about paying for. It is up to you if you want your own base or a vehicle of some sort, but it is by no means required for you.

It would start out at a 250 point base level before adding in any Complications. I can make a decent little hidey-hole with labs and mechanical bays to help keep your suit running. It would be very remote (duh), so you wouldn't have to worry too much about security. But if there was a disaster somewhere that is happening right now, it would take you several hours even at full speed flight to get where you need to.

The only other possibility is if you had a long range teleport on your base that could pop you into the area.

But like you said, I was planning on having you get recruited into an existing team with a base that you don't have to worry about paying for. It is up to you if you want your own base or a vehicle of some sort, but it is by no means required for you.

Well how much benefit would it be if I added those points to the base you had in mind?

I'm not sure what plans you have for it, or its location. But maybe it has some relation to the organization that I haven't yet named? Could make it easier to maintain suit, get a new one, or change its power set?

Would you say if luck is worth it as something to invest in? If its not, I wouldn't mind seeing those points put elsewhere.

The group you are going to be recruited into is the Force of Justice (hence the name of the board). The FoJ is the Avengers of this world, with their primary base of operations on the east coast in Boston. They are forming a west coast group that you will (hopefully) be a part of. This is going to include a building with a few NPC heroes and a small staff. This base is located on the coast of San Francisco.

The group you are going to be recruited into is the Force of Justice (hence the name of the board). The FoJ is the Avengers of this world, with their primary base of operations on the east coast in Boston. They are forming a west coast group that you will (hopefully) be a part of. This is going to include a building with a few NPC heroes and a small staff. This base is located on the coast of San Francisco.

Hmm, so what do you think I should do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back