The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Deb thinks for a moment, then nods. "You're right. We'll take them out right here. Dreamy, how long until you are on scene? If it is going to be a while, we'll have to hit these bozos now and let you join in the fight once you get here."
Sherwood Sherwood What ETA can Dreamy reasonably provide, please?

Luminary will make sure her own defense fields are up, just in case I had not mentioned that before. In the meantime, she will hold her action to see what Nisha has to say and the expected arrival of Dreamy
Psychie Psychie Are you sure holding Luminary's action is wise? Dreamy's not going to be there for a whole two turns and Nisha's darkness field is active now. We have surprise. Why wait?

I will let you change your action since the Genocide guys don't go for a while. Fire away.

While Luminary cannot see the results of her attack, Nisha does spot the fact that the three gunmen that were outside of the truck were all hit by the energy blast, with the other two protected by the body of the vehicle. They are all hurt but not knocked out. Clearly this is not some low level armor.

Silanon Silanon is up on Phase 12 at Initiative 18.
Sherwood Sherwood While Dreamy won't be in combat for the next two turns, given her powers, is it possible for her to have any idea what is going on while she's en route? Maybe with Mind Scan or something?

Yes, you can use the combination of Mind Scan to target the area and locate minds, then follow up with a Mental Blast, all while being out of sight of the fight. You will need to roll an attack roll against one of the DMCV values of the enemy, then roll a Mind Scan to see if you get a high enough level to target the mind. Then assuming you get enough of a contact, you can follow up with a Mental Blast.

I am sorry that I forgot all about that ability of yours, after all the chats that I did telling you how Mental Blast can hit a person across the planet, let alone across a few blocks.

No worries, Sherwood! Champions is definitely one of the more rule-intensive RPGs out there and this is far from the only game you're involved in. =)

I'll give this Mind Scan/Mental Blast thing a try when it's Dreamy's turn. Thanks for the quick reply!

You got it! Also, you and Nisha have the same Initiative, so you can go ahead and post now if you so choose.

Purr Purr just to confirm, do you wish me to roll for you?
Always and in every game you are running! Much of the time, I can't stand the RP Nation Dice Roller. =) (I edited a post in IC; I should have posted this response here.) =)

Dreamy has hit her target with the Mind Scan with an Ego +20 level of effect; you know his exact location and can target him with all your powers that could possibly reach him with line of sight. Any and all mental powers are fair game.

That's great! If memory serves, using Mind Scan takes up Dreamy's action, yes?

Didn't get to post things today, I'll try to catch up in the various games tomorrow.

No worries, good Sil! Hope the day treated you well. =)

Oh! So if we each have 6 actions per turn, this will probably be over before Dreamy gets there. O.K.!

Short question: Where do I find how the endurance recovery works? Just had a look at the rules, but could only find how one spends endurance. So I'm probably looking in the wrong place...

For an Endurance Reserve, you have a End Recovery stat associated directly with it. For personal End and Stun, you have your own Rec stat. You have a 30 Rec in your End Reserve, and 15 for your personal End.

I'm with Sil. How does End Recovery work? I remember your telling us that those End Reserves would come in handy, but what precisely do those numbers mean?

Let me toss out some random numbers. Lets say you have an End Reserve of 100 points, with a 20 point Recovery. You use a pair of powers that between the two of them burn a total of 14 End. At the end of every turn after Phase 12, you get 20 points of your spent Endurance back.

A personal Recovery works a tiny bit different. Not only does your personal Recovery gain you your spent End in your stats, it also replenishes your Stun damage that you may have taken in the turn, up to the value of your Rec. Also, lets say you are getting pounded on hard, and your character is really low on End or Stun. You can take a Phase in the middle of the turn to do nothing but catch your breath and take a Recovery, gaining back your Rec stat in both End and Stun. The danger of this is that while you are taking a Recovery in the middle of the turn, you are at 1/2 your DCV.

Does that answer your questions?

Almost. How much End can Nisha Recover without resting in a turn? 45?

She gets 30 points back in her End Reserve, and 15 back from any personal End spent, along with 15 Stun back if she is wounded at all.

Users who are viewing this thread