The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

I think I get it. Thanks!

So much math in HERO. Reminds me of Mathfinder Pathfinder!

lol Yeah, Hero System has a lot of number crunching. It can make the head hurt.

I should take a quick Recovery to feel better.

I owe all my punniness to Sherwood's example! 8D

Yeah, we'd better cut it out now or they'll be no END to it!

*snicker* =)

Sherwood Sherwood Time for a bit of shop talk. Since Dreamy now has a Lock-on on the driver, does that means she can also target the van?

Depends on what you are trying to target it with. Using a mental power on just the driver is a cinch, since you have him locked down solid. If you try to use a mental power on someone else, perhaps inside the van, you'll be at a minus to your OMCV since you are only guessing at the exact location of the target mind. If you had a non-mental power that could reach the van from where you are by going around corners to hit it, that would work, too, but Dreamy doesn't have a power that can do that.

O.K. Can Dreamy use Telekinesis on the van?

Here's my line of thinking (to anyone interested). If Dreamy uses her Mental Blast to take down the driver, we run into the possibility of the van going out of control and harming/killing innocents (the driver being stunned and all and already driving wild at this moment). However, if Dreamy lifts the van up about, say, 3 stories (30 feet) up off the street, I bet those White King goons won't be eager to jump out of it to run for safety and there is no collateral (civilian) damage. Plus, we very likely capture the vehicle along with the baddies.

Thoughts?

And... the alerts completely failed me. Thanks for the explanation, Sherwood Sherwood ! Where does the 15 personal recovery come from? I can't find the number on my sheet, unless it's just the Con stat.

As for the plan: Sounds good to me. I'll adjust the darkness cloud once they're up in the air so that they don't get any stupid ideas to open fire at someone.

Physical Defense(PD): 2/23 / 0
Energy Defense(ED): 2/23 / 0
Speed: 3/6 / 10 / Phases 4, 8, 12 / 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Recovery: 15 / 11
Endurance: 20 / 0
Body: 12 / 2
Stun: 46 / 13
Its listed here, and I underlined it for you to make it pop out.

Sorry, I thought I had answered that one. Yes, you can.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE
"Huh?" Miles raised an eyebrow behind his goggles. "What shot was that again? I must not have been paying attention, sorry."
(bold mine)

Hey, Quick! =) Do you mean "school?" If you do, then the post makes sense to me. I don't know what Miles could mean by "shot."

I'm busy for the fourth, but I will have an IC post up on Monday.

Sherwood Sherwood No one IC has mentioned that Luminary is under attack, so is there any other way my Character would know?

Also... this makes absolutely no sense to me.
Total damage is 14 Body, and 42 Stun physical Killing.
What is "Stun physical killing" damage?

Sherwood Sherwood No one IC has mentioned that Luminary is under attack, so is there any other way my Character would know?

Also... this makes absolutely no sense to me.

What is "Stun physical killing" damage?
Lets start with the damage part.

There is two different kinds of damage: Normal, and Killing. Normal PD and ED do not defend against Killing Attacks unless they are Resistant, which all of your defenses are.

Next, is the attack a physical attack, like a bullet, or an energy attack, like a laser? This one is a Physical Attack, which is important to Luminary because her Energy Defense is higher than her Physical Defense.

Then we have the two kinds of damage done, Stun and Body. A Killing Attack's die roll is the Body of the attack, then to determine how much Stun is done, you roll1d3 and multiply the Body by the result.

For the part of knowing if Luminary is under attack, it is pretty clear from her surface thoughts that there is trouble, and you have also heard the explosion of the missiles being fired at her, so you know that the fight is still going on.

O.K., so from Dreamy's situation, she can still affect the driver and the van, but not much else unless she tries to Mind Scan again? And she can't Mind Scan the armored trooper because she doesn't know about him, is that right?

Psychie Psychie Does Luminary want Dreamy's help or does she want to keep this armored bozo all to herself? =)

Users who are viewing this thread