The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Purr Purr I forgot to give you this: You were able to reach a Mind Scan level on the Dude of only Ego +10. But this is enough to be able to tell that it is there and to be able to target the symbiote with mental powers directly and not harm the host.

Ah! Perfect explanation, thanks!

Re: Ego +10. Okies! Dreamy is attempting to Telepathically communicate with them both.

Pips, I will admit to being hyperactively-fascinated with this game for a number of reasons, hence my curiosity. If ever you need me to slow down, let me know. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Let me know if Dreamy is successful at opening Telepathic communication with them, please?

Also, and forgive me if I have forgotten - what does Dreamy know about Luminary? I went looking in our posts, but I must be tired - I can't find whether or not she knows about Luminary as a superhero.

Also, how does Dreamy know about Legion? Seen her in the news or something?

Sherwood Sherwood Let me know if Dreamy is successful at opening Telepathic communication with them, please?

Also, and forgive me if I have forgotten - what does Dreamy know about Luminary? I went looking in our posts, but I must be tired - I can't find whether or not she knows about Luminary as a superhero.

Also, how does Dreamy know about Legion? Seen her in the news or something?
You can pick which one you wish to contact. It looks like the Dude is willing to open its mind to you and talk.

Luminary is a publicly known heroine, having been an active hero for some time. She operates mostly in the San Francisco area, but has been seen in the mid-west and east coast on more than one occasion.

Legion is a full member of the FoJ; a Army officer that has the ability to make an unknown number of duplicates of herself at any one time. She is in the news with the other members of the FoJ frequently, along with appearances in Power Beat magazine.

Okay! I don't imagine Dreamy would read magazines much, but that doesn't mean the kids at her charities wouldn't show them to her. =)

Should you? At least you gave it a cool name! Not something like "The Super Duper Magazine!" =)

Dreamy wants to tell Lady Justice all about Luminary, but she won't since those are Luminary's secrets to give (and she knows about the Melari and their plight). =) Can't wait until D. and Quick see this and chime in. EDIT: Not to mention Sil! =)

Last edited:
Well, its after midnight here in Vegas, so I'm heading to bed. See ya all tomorrow.

Legion is a full member of the FoJ; a Army officer that has the ability to make an unknown number of duplicates of herself at any one time. She is in the news with the other members of the FoJ frequently, along with appearances in Power Beat magazine.

And of course, she's secretly a mole working for the Force of Malfeasance, a criminal group of super villains bent on conquering the world! Double agent!
...unless of course she's actually working for Russia, while while pretending to work for FoM while pretending to work for the United States while also working for FoJ. Quadruple agent?
.......unless of course some of her are working for FoJ and some of her are working for FoM? Infinte agent?

On second thought, it's probably good I didn't try playing Effigy here.

I'm never going to hear the end of Power Beat magazine, am I?

That's what she said.

lol Nope! But if you think about it, of course supers would be the stuff of tabloid news! It just makes sense.

Bryony once Googled "Lady Justice Rule 34".

Once.

I also imagine she hasn't had a relationship since high school. Too focused on the Army while training in the Army, then probably tried dating but dates couldn't put up with unpredictable schedule and tendency to be deployed overseas for a year at a time. Then gained super powers and did black ops and no one sane dates while doing that. And then when Bryony became Lady Justice, she took one look at the paparazzi and decided "Nope, the only time I'm ever going to relax from 'doing the job' is when I'm home, with locked doors, closed blinds and preferably after sweeping for bugs'."

Naturally, I also imagine she has a cousin who cashes in on being related to her by making a huge public spectacle of herself and making it into the tabloids. If you don't drag yourself, you can always rely on family to do it for you. ;)

Poor Bryony! Heh! What she needs is a superhero family that will treat her right!

D. Rex D. Rex You think this is a good time to do that scene we talked about?

I have started an experience point tab in the Character Thread, and for the great IC posts so far, everyone gets 2 xp.

Also, I have started the Lore tab with the blueprints of your base of operations depicted. It is from the Hero System book Ultimate Base 6th Edition, so all credit goes to them.

So how does xp work here, boss? Is it like cp? Can I use that 2xp to get more ap, to add more transform dice to my freeze ray?

So how does xp work here, boss? Is it like cp? Can I use that 2xp to get more ap, to add more transform dice to my freeze ray?
In the Hero System, Xp is the same as CP. Your characters are built on 500 points; now you have a total of 502.

Yes, you can add to your freeze ray, but not yet. You are still capped at the 75 Active Point limit that I set, so you can either bank the points to spend later, or use them for some other goodies.

In the Hero System, Xp is the same as CP. Your characters are built on 500 points; now you have a total of 502.

Yes, you can add to your freeze ray, but not yet. You are still capped at the 75 Active Point limit that I set, so you can either bank the points to spend later, or use them for some other goodies.
Banking then!

As I said, the MegaScale movement is fine to have, but it is in no way required to get. I do like the idea of a Speedster having a lot of meters of combat movement, so buying your regular move up in the 60+ range is entirely appropriate, if not even faster.
With the reduced endurance perk (+1/4), speed would be limited to 60 on account of the active cost limit of 75, correct?

So far I've only put the combat speed in. I'll work out a multipower as I get a better grib on things.

I may also try to fit in the "position shift" advantage.

True, those Limitations would not work on Leaping, but there are other Limitations that can be applied to make the cost a bit cheaper.
Such as "Forward Movement Only"? What about decreased acceleration and deceleration?

It depends on how much Defense and Regen you have. I would have at least 20 Pd/20 Ed of Resistant Defense. Any less and you'll end up spending half the fight being Stunned or worse; knocked out. Adding the Regeneration to that will help if you do get a hit, but a high Recovery will go further to keep you in the fight, since it is less likely for you to be taking Body, but not impossible.
I'm working my way up slowly. I might just give him the defenses "naturally," which might not be as efficient as attaching it to armor but sometimes you just want to do something simple and brutish. I've boosted his dexterity, constitution, stun, body, endurance, and recovery. Perhaps not to useful levels though. What's the level of damage we'll be dealing with generally?

I'm never going to hear the end of Power Beat magazine, am I?
His focus on new media has lead to him not getting along well with the established superhero magazines.
Whoops.

With the reduced endurance perk (+1/4), speed would be limited to 60 on account of the active cost limit of 75, correct?

So far I've only put the combat speed in. I'll work out a multipower as I get a better grib on things.

I may also try to fit in the "position shift" advantage.
60 meters of flight is still a lot. That will certainly get you around the battlefield with ease.
Such as "Forward Movement Only"? What about decreased acceleration and deceleration?
How is your powers derived? I mean, is it a natural mutation, or did you pick up a magic jewel that gave you super speed? If it is some kind of granted power, perhaps you can also consider the Focus Limitation. Even an Inobvious, Inaccessible Focus would grant you a -1/4, giving you at least some discount to your powers.
I'm working my way up slowly. I might just give him the defenses "naturally," which might not be as efficient as attaching it to armor but sometimes you just want to do something simple and brutish. I've boosted his dexterity, constitution, stun, body, endurance, and recovery. Perhaps not to useful levels though. What's the level of damage we'll be dealing with generally?
I'll take a look at your numbers.

Consider the level of damage you guys are able to dish out, and look at what would happen to you if you got zotzed by Terranaut or Luminary using their Blast power on you. Then consider that the enemies you will be facing will either be a team of supers at a similar power level or a smaller number of bad guys that are tougher than you in order to be able to take on a team and not get blasted out of the game in the first round.

Damage Reduction is a good damage reducer if you get it at the 50% level or higher, but it gets expensive. If you have some talisman that grants your powers, or a transformation from a 'civilian id' to 'hero id' like Luminary, that also trims points off with a 'Only in Alternate Identity' Limitation.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE You may also want to look at getting a few Damage Classes for your martial arts. While the Passing Strike with your velocity is going to hurt, you only have a base 15 Strength, and that is only 3d6 damage before any bonuses you will get from the martial maneuver. Also, you may not have the opportunity to be able to run at your target to get the velocity bonus every time.

The Passing Throw maneuver is a good one to look at. It gives you a +2d6 +v/10 in extra damage, and it can be used with a full move. As an added bonus, your target falls, making them vulnerable to others while they are down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back