• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The First Generation of Empowered

[QUOTE="Lord Anubis]Kain smiled as although the chains surrounded him it was too good. He leaned forwerd as much as the chains allowed" tell me boy...have u on ever killed before..have you looked into a person's eyes as they died by your hands. See the life fade away that spark dwindle out of existance." He stared deeply into irises eyes. Electricity flooded the chains although in real life black electricity flowed out from Kain hands into the area around him hitting iris in the legs, arms and torso. Although not deadly it did cause temporary muscle spasms.( well basically being hit by a tazer) as he did this irises powers would of bin shut off giving the electrical shock sent through his body. Once out of the strange world mortis looked at iris on the floor" I'm afraid my boy I'm not leaving any time soon thanks to you" Kain said as he laughed in a dark twisted way. The gaurds from earlier had little time to turn around given they had bin affected slightly by irises power. Kain quickly made a black electrical construct in the form of throwing blades tossing them quickly at the gaurds necks. They hit the small vulnerable spots in the armour exploding in arcs of lightning which flowed into the gaurds causing enough electrical disturbance to stop their hearts. With kains personal gaurds down he looked at the rest In the room know mortis s smile had bin filled with blood lust as the lights in the room flickered as the electrical energy in the building began to flow into mortis looking as if he was being struck by several arcs of lightning" and the sky's will turn black as blood flows across the land mortis shall be reborn" He said out loud before proceeding to the other gaurds.
(Just to clarify mortis is a separate entity, and knows all about how to control black lightning or black electricity. Only in this window of opportunity does mortis come out he will fade back after all is said and done. If this interferes with the plan I can change the post or you could find a way to use it to your advantage hopefully it could work either way lol

[/QUOTE]
(OOC just for future reference, the attacks you use while under the Illusion don't actually happen, you think you are using your power but in reality you haven't moved.

But no worries I'll go along with what just happened.)

(Basically your body is frozen/paralysed while under illusion.)

Ivan was thrown back when the black lightning escaped Kain's body. After hearing what he had to say, Ivan concluded Kain was not in control. This outrage could ruin everything. Or perhaps it would be beneficial if he worked it right. "Hey!" he yelled. "Not cool!" He constructed an ice wall in front of Kain to stop him form going any further. "That is coo. See what I did there?" He then threw a couple of icicles at him.

(how long does it take for him to fade back?)

(True but electrical impulses flow throughout the body your brain remains active even in that state. Also sence mortis is a foreign presence inside Kain he isn't literally bonded to him as I'm gonna use that later on in the rp if my character gets their to separate them two creating a user bad guy lol much haha haha lol. Also I know it's no biggy: ) but it's till good to talk about it though helps work things out.)

(Well given irises power and the fact that Kain was under emotional stress Kains kinda like in a min coma of sorts so It would be a while, but for spoilers sake I was gonna have him come back after if things went right people escaped from mortise murder rampage. Know if you got an idea about using Kain in this state I'm all ear and eager to help lol.)

[QUOTE="Lord Anubis](True but electrical impulses flow throughout the body your brain remains active even in that state. Also sence mortis is a foreign presence inside Kain he isn't literally bonded to him as I'm gonna use that later on in the rp if my character gets their to separate them two creating a user bad guy lol much haha haha lol. Also I know it's no biggy: ) but it's till good to talk about it though helps work things out.)

[/QUOTE]
(Ok, good thing it happened here though because Iris learned his lesson to not underestimate things/people, if need to do that another time he will make sure to slow down his perception of time, so he could be in the Illusion for days, although Iris couldn't do that lol, and the days would only be a single moment I real time, glad it's cleared up though.)

(I was just going to use this to make Ivan look good giving him the edge before the escape. If you come up with anything tell me.)

Shog said:
Ivan was thrown back when the black lightning escaped Kain's body. After hearing what he had to say, Ivan concluded Kain was not in control. This outrage could ruin everything. Or perhaps it would be beneficial if he worked it right. "Hey!" he yelled. "Not cool!" He constructed an ice wall in front of Kain to stop him form going any further. "That is coo. See what I did there?" He then threw a couple of icicles at him.
(how long does it take for him to fade back?)
Mortis shot a electrical circle through the ice wall creating a large hole in it. Mortis looked at Ivan with his black eyes " careful young man you wouldn't wanna get hurt would you" He said in a pouty child like voice which sounded demonic. As for the gaurds two ran at him with guns pointed about to fire when they suddenly began to spasm. They collapsed to the floor as whit electricity flowed out from their body's in arcs into the mouth of kain, and his eyes. Once the bio electrical energy was absorbed from them( he basically absorbed their souls) Their body's laid limp eyes diabetes fully indicating death. Mortis walked towards the other gaurds as a electrical whip as formned the lights in the room completely turning off. Only with brief flashes of light from mortis whip hitting the gaurds as well as alluminating to a extent (It's black electricity dosent give much light). Once the gaurds were down mortis drained them as well only Increasing his power. mortis transformed Into large black arcs of lightning flowing into the lights. The electrical disturbance he caused made the electronic locks turn off unlocking the doors by emergency.

(Hopefully you could use this if not I'll go with your idea Kain will cause a lot of problems for technical stuff so that should help. And yes its good we cleared that up :) . Also Kain won't know all these powers mortis Is using he will haft to learn them.)

Far away Ellie stopped stretching and watched the scene unfold. 'Oh dear...' Sighing she summoned a ball of light and shot it at the guy with black eyes blinding him completely with bright light. Running she went near Ivan while holding another ball of light. "Oh Gods.... He's gonna destroy everything is he?" Ellie asked while trapping the guy with blindness.

'Stop you moron!' Ivan thought to himself. 'Of all the times…'. He focused on dropping his body temperature and saw his breath steam in the air. He then willed it to go even lower and frost was forming around him just because of how cold it was. As silently as he could he charged at Kain, following the light. He found his target and rammed into him with enough force to send both of them to the floor. Kain now most likely had frost bite, and if he tried to warm himself too quickly his muscles would start severely aching. However, if he didn't warm up his muscles would remain contracted from the cold. Instead of staying and gloating, Ivan ok cover behind a weight machine and made a small ice shield.

Mortis shot a electrical circle through the ice wall creating a large hole in it. Mortis looked at Ivan with his black eyes " careful young man you wouldn't wanna get hurt would you" He said in a pouty child like voice which sounded demonic. As for the gaurds two ran at him with guns pointed about to fire when they suddenly began to spasm. They collapsed to the floor as whit electricity flowed out from their body's in arcs into the mouth of kain, and his eyes. Once the bio electrical energy was absorbed from them( he basically absorbed their souls) Their body's laid limp eyes diabetes fully indicating death. Mortis walked towards the other gaurds as a electrical whip as formned the lights in the room completely turning off. Only with brief flashes of light from mortis whip hitting the gaurds as well as alluminating to a extent (It's black electricity dosent give much light). Once the gaurds were down mortis drained them as well only Increasing his power. mortis transformed Into large black arcs of lightning flowing into the lights. The electrical disturbance he caused made the electronic locks turn off unlocking the doors by emergency.

(Hopefully you could use this if not I'll go with your idea Kain will cause a lot of problems for technical stuff so that should help. And yes its good we cleared that up :) . Also Kain won't know all these powers mortis Is using he will haft to learn them.)

(Not to be rude just clarifying this incase y'all didn't see it. Mortis left already by teleported himself into the electrical grid so any attack after the post mentioned in this post didn't happen.)

Mortis re appeared outside the work out room taking out the gaurds on that floor. The power was out except the red emergency lights. As mortis walked among the halls killing several gaurds but marks and some blood marking the floor, and walls. After clearing the floor he attempted to head upstairs, but to many gaurds blocked him. He took a few before being tranquilizing by a few darts. He went down smiling at the gaurds small splashes of blood on his cheeks, and face. They apprehended him taking him to a cell on the deeper levels for the more dangerous of empowered.

(How's that?)

Iris dragged himself across the floor up to the bench he had been previously sitting at. He lay down on the bench, every thing ached all over but the worst pain was in his eyes, since the illusion was broken against the will of the caster/Illusionist. It did a significant amount of extra damage.

His vision was blurry, he looked over to see a wall of ice again but something was different about it, although he couldn't quite explain it.

The only thing Iris could do now was close his eyes and rest, so he could recover as much as he could.

It all happened so fast, suddenly there dead guards everywhere and even dead prisoners too. Charlie had been hit by a flying piece of the wall and had just regained consciousness. A dark and evil voice pounded in his head, his mind was still connected to Kain's and in a strange way, he could hear and even see everything Kain or whoever this Mortis person was thinking, but most of it he didnt understand. Due to the vision being mostly black electricity.

He managed to roll over on his stomach, he felt something wet dripping down his face, there were large cuts on his forehead and elbows. He cried out in agony.

((still sort of confused in whats going on))

After being hauled brutally to the physical training area, Amber stood simply once her hands were freed, her arms crossed stubbornly, glaring at her personal guards with a growing intensity and fierceness. After several minutes, one of the guards began to approach her, and she decided that it was time to at least pretend to comply, but not before making a statement, pointless though it might be. She gathered the saliva in her mouth onto her tongue, just behind her lips, and then, in an act of defiance, launched the spit in the direction of the guards. It landed on one of their shoes, but Amber didn't wait to see their reaction. She headed determinedly towards the treadmill, which another captive of about her age had recently left. She set the speed at a fast pace to begin with, then increased it, urging her muscles to keep going, persistent, steadfast.

And suddenly something dark, yet glowing at the same time, flashed across the room, and Amber nearly stumbled and fell, but managed to turn off the machine after a few moments of wrestling with the controls. Swiftly, she dove into a somersault, rolling into the corner of the gym, her eyes scanning the room for the source of the outburst. A guard had fallen, and he was bleeding from the chinks in his armor. The remaining guards advanced, and then the black lightning struck out once again, and this time Amber could identify its source. It had come from another empowered adolescent, his hair a bizarre yet silky burgundy color that framed his pointed face, and his eyes were dark and merciless. More guards had fallen. For the first time in ages, Amber felt - what was the word? - helpless. She knelt on the hard, cold floor, wanting to hug her knees for comfort but decided that it was a sign of weakness, a sign that she did not want to show. Whatever this jet black electricity was, she did not want it to affect her.

And then the boy was gone. Tentatively, she stood, her amber brown eyes gazing upon the lifeless bodies of the guards. "Are we . . . are we free?" she asked hesitantly, her voice filled with awe, quiet at first, yet uncertain. "Is this our chance to escape?" Excitement flooded through her, pulsing through her veins, and it was impossible to hold it back. She could feel herself beginning to lose control. Out of her peripheral vision, she glimpsed the dumbbells on the shelf at the side of the gym, and suddenly the lighter ones flew from their initial positions, the mixture of panic and excitement striking out. One or two of them collided with the ceiling lights, and abruptly it was completely dark. The rest, depending on their weight, hit the wall or the floor, or simply rolled off of the shelf. A cry of anguish resonated from somewhere in the darkness, and Amber tried to detect the direction from which it had come, feeling her way through the gloom. "Who is that? What happened?" she called out.

"I need my foot!" Ivan called back. It hasn't struck him, but it nearly did. "As for escape, don't be stupid. At this point they probably have tons of armed guards at every corner and even more at every exit. As much as I would like to agree with you, we can't." He scanned the room as he's he could with the red backup lights. "Is everyone ok? Meet up and we can check!"

Trinity was still in the bathroom when this happened, the guards got killed from Kain, since the doorway was metal she was hurt some but there was still a lot of blockade, none of the bathroom was made of wood so she got a couple of strong shocks. It gave her a few burns here and there, she sighed and tried to get out but the door was locked, hopefully the others won't forget about her, trapped inside the bathroom. She banged on the door "Hey! Anyone!" She yelled loudly, waiting to see if anyone would respond, she looked around the bathroom door to see if there were any cracks that she could probably fit through if her shifting ability even miraculously worked right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan started taking a head count and was down several people. He looked around and saw a few of the empowered were dead as well as the guards. While he expected their deaths were not intentional, it changed nothing. His breathing became quicker and he noticed the air around him becoming colder. He was trying to calm down, but wasn't really succeeding. Then he heard some muffled shouts and some banging from the bathroom. He hurried over there and shouted "Hang on!" Unfortunately, the door could be unlocked by key only. He saw a key ring on a guard and decided he needed try. One of the last keys he tried worked and the door opened up.

Rowan opened her eyes to find herself on the floor. She groaned, standing up. The last things she remembered was things flying around. She felt heat on her forehead, and when she withdrew her hand she realized it was blood. She must have gotten hit by something. She explored the area and noticed it felt like it was on fire when she touched it, but she'd had worse pain in her life, and as far as she could tell without a mirror it was superficial and would probably stop bleeding pretty soon.

She glanced around and noticed Ivan making an exit and trying to get someone out with a key taken from a downed guard. She hurried over to him. "What the heck happened?!"

"I believe the term Hell would be more appropriate" Ivan said. "Especially seeing as how it seems Kain was possessed. I expect we will be locked up alone for a few days." He then said in a slightly lower tone just in case "The plan is unchanged except it clearly can not happen tomorrow. The first day we are back to normal, probably next week, it will start."

As much as she hated it, she hadn't fully shaken her father's lessons from her childhood. One oddly persistent habit was not swearing. "Possessed... F***." Rowan said, adding the curse on as an afterthought, an act of definace for her father.

Then she looked carefully at Ivan with a pensive expression. "Why couldn't we just go now? The guards are pretty much down for the count... We could just go around and round people up, and head out." Rowan suggested.

"No" Ivan said. "There are more guards than Kain can take down. The guards most likely have an itchy trigger finger now and more of us will be taken down than actually getting out. A good sized number of guards remain, but it imagine many more were taken out also. Let them think we are cooperating, and we will execute the plan at the next available time. That could be next week, or maybe just two days from now. Who knows?"

Just as things started to calm down in the workout area, guards started streaming though the door. Four approached each prisoner and roughly cuffed and blind folded each of them. Ivan was a bit startled to notice that only one of the guards that approached him was one of his usual ones. One guard grabbed each arm and carried more than lead Ivan to his cell. His cuffs and blindfold were removed before he was shoved inside his sauna of a cell, landing hard on the floor. As he usually does when first encountering the heat of his cell he crawled over and onto his bed. It would be a while before he regained his strength.

She thought she was going to have to shift until she heard Ivan on the other side of the door, after a few minutes the door opened, and she saw Rowan walk over, Ivan said that they were at least going to have to wait another week, which really stunk, she really wanted to leave the place. Then a thought came to her 'what do we do when we're all free?' She started thinking about it hardly, while her guards came and tied her up again, Ivan was brought to his cell and she was brought into hers, she thought she would never see her cell again, but she was wrong. They took the blindfold and handcuffs off her then tossed her in, she tumbled inside and landed on the floor, they closed the cell behind them and left. She just sat on the floor of the cell thinking, since there was nothing else to do to distract her from her burns the pain came back and she strated gritting her teeth, and biting her lip, it was painful, but she faced worse than that so she was going to be fine hopefully. The question was still aching her brain, she grew tired as she thought of possible answers to the question, she decided to go to sleep and dream about it instead, so the pain would go away temporarily. She climbed into her cold hard bed and she dug herself under the covers and daydreamed herself to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rowan was slammed against a wall be her own guards as Ivan was cuffed and taken away. She sighed but chuckled, noting all of her guards were the normal ones. "Figures my guards are the ones that survived..."she said, grinning at them. In response a blindfold was roughly put over her eyes, she was restrained and then walked to her cell. They sat her on her bed, took her restraints and blindfold back off and began to exit.

"See you later, boys! Glad you didn't die!" She called after them. They responded by slamming the door and locking it. Her grin fell and she glanced around at the walls, alone once again. Her head was throbbing, and not just the part that had been hit. Sleep would be good. She curled up in the corner of her bed and quickly passed out.

Kain awoke in a new cell larger from what he could tell. His head throbbed with pain as he looked around squinting his eyes from the light. The room was lit very bright, and all the walls were white except for a large 2 way mirror across the room. A door completely blended into the wall opened up as the biology teacher walked in. She wore a typical lab coat classy he guessed. She slowly walked towards him Kain moving his arms only to find he was completely strapped down. He looked the woman in the eyes as she smiled at him " poor Kain you just had to hid that precious thing Inside you with ought telling me. Know you know that being a bad boy don't you." She said as she stopped in front of him. Kain gave a slight smile" whatever do you mean ms. Sinclair. " He said. She quickly put a finger under his chin pushing up making him look up at her" you know very well what I mean Kain your little friend caused quite the disturbance hell even killed some of my men." She said not caring in the leasg. She turned away taking a few steps" that entity displayed quite the show, and my superiors would love to know how he did that. Hell I'd Like to know myself." She said quickly looking back with a smile as several doctors came through the door bringing tables lined with various tool. Some monitors , and medical equipment were brought in along with a black disk object. Ms. Sinclair looked at it" we just developed this guy here specifically for you kain." She said as she touched the top the side lit blue as it turned on. Kain could hear a buzzing sound in his skull along with a slight numbing sensation. He gritted his teeth as ms. Sinclair laughed" I see that it works." She clapped with glee.

The doctors set up various Caples to his body which had needles at the end stuck into various parts of him. Ms. Sinclair smiled as she brought one particularly big cable connected to a large medical device displaying various reading such as heart rate, brain wave activity, temp, etc. She reached around him, and whispered in his ear" this will only hurt a lot, and we're gonna have so much fun you and I." She said as the needle expanded into 4 separate parts with a very thin needle in the middle. The four clamped onto the back of his neck as the needle was pushed in quickly the clamps digging into the skin. Kain let out a loud scream while also the pain projected from his mind outwerds. Four the next few days several test would be conducted on kain. There is no rest for the wicked and the damned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back