• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dragon Slayer Arcos

End All Life; Embrace Silence
Our story takes place on a world unlike any other. The birthplace of all worlds, all life, and all magic. The world's environments are as wondrous as they are dangerous. From the Everstorm Mountains, to the Soulless Desert. The floating kingdoms, and hellfire empires to the eternal forests and endless oceans. No other world could compare to the First World. Here, magic permeates all things, the air you breathe, to the water you drink, even the sun and moon light. Every race in the world, mortal or immortal, possesses magic of a specific elemental affinity, The Flying Kingdoms of the Aer possess the air element, and thus control air, turn invisible, and fly. The kingdom of El'les Kormaeria is home to the Elves, and is located in the Eternal Forest, WyrdFael. The elves are one with the earth element, and fully connected to the natural world around them. The list goes on...

Two thousand years ago, history tells us of a horrific war the consumed the entire world. We only know of tidbits gathered from ancient texts. What we do know, is that magic used to be different, free and chaotic. Those that used it could change the landscape with a wave of a hand, or destroy kingdoms with a thought if the spellcaster was crazy enough. Because of that, the world was constantly in strife. It could come to be that after nearly 10 years of this struggle, a truce was called, and through several more years of constant effort, every race, and every kingdom agreed to a solution that they hoped would end the danger magic itself posed, in its chaotic state.

Every kingdom gathered their most talented and powerful spellcasters together. The total count of spellcasters at this gathering is pure speculation, but we estimate the group total to be more than a thousand strong. As a united force, they cast a spell that is the single greatest use of magic in history. They changed the nature of magic itself, enacting an enchantment that bound the power of magic into 7 focal points, one for each of the elements. The enchantment limited the magic, making it so anyone couldn't just crush their enemies with a thought or destroy en mass as they pleased.

Furthermore, the enchantment brought forth 7 caretakers of magic, each gifted one of the seven elemental powers. Through these Guardians of Magic, our power flows. They are the link that binds the world and magic together. Every 100 years, new Guardians of Magic are chosen by the enchantment. They are trained in their duties, in the responsibilities they are given, and in the role they must play in maintaining the balance of the world and the peoples therein.

Our story will start as the new Guardians, about to be anointed their element. But all is not well in the world. Many evil plots are unfolding, with one set on ending the Guardian Cycle and returning the world's magic to its original state. Another plot wants to unleash a force that desires nothing more than returning the cosmos to darkness and silence as it was once before. Oh, and kingdoms on the brink of war... again.... seriously!

The Elements:
  • Fire - {The ability to generate and manipulate fire. The ability to manipulate and or absorb heat. The ability to travel through fire.} - tian221 tian221
  • Water - {The ability to manipulate water in all three states. The ability to make their physical take on one for the three states of water.} - Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu
  • Earth** - {The ability to control rock, soil, metal, and plants. The ability to commune with those of the earth, plants, animals, etc.} - Neo Alice Neo Alice
  • Air - (The ability to control gases. The ability to turn invisible like the air itself. The ability to fly.) - Bluffly Bluffly
  • Lightning* - {The ability to generate and manipulate electricity, The ability to make their physical body become electricity. The ability to absorb electricity to bolster themselves.} - Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
  • Light - {The ability to control light, including generating hard-light constructs from available light. The ability to make their body become light. The ability heal wounds.} - OPEN
  • Darkness - {The ability to control shadows and darkness, including making tangible shadow constructs. The ability to travel through shadows. The ability to influence those with dark emotions.} - upscalerat upscalerat
  • Energy** - {The ability to generate and manipulate energy, including energy constructs. The ability to us all elemental attributes (they are all forms of energy after all ;P). - Dragon Slayer Arcos
    • Note: The elements with a * in their description are OP, but will be far harder (times x) to master.
      • Note NOTE: that those without the * are still expected to struggle with their new abilities.
        • Note NOTE NoTe: I will accept 1 active power and 1 passivie power of choosing per Guardian. Any other characters get 3 active and 2 passive abilites.

Last edited:
A few key points:

The Energy Guardian is the focal point of the enchantment. They channel all the magic of the world into the other Guardians, empowering them. That is why they can use all elements.

The key to ending the Guardian Cycle is to kill the Guardians in the order they became anointed. The cycle changes every time however.

If you kill a Guardian, that connection to magic is broken until the next Guardian is born or chosen. As such, kill the Fire Guardian and all fire magic slowly unravels and becomes dangerous. To kill even a single Guardian however would require intense effort, planning, and time.

If you kill the Energy Guardian, you sever the connection to all the other Guardians. Beware, the cycle continues to the next generation unless the aforementioned condition is met.

All Guardians have 1 thing in common, they are chosen by MAGIC itself. However, some rare occurrences have happened where members of a blood line will continue on being a Guardian when the last one has passed.

Forgot to mention a couple things.

NO ONE will be starting with their native element. Someone from a Fire kingdom may get the element of Earth, or Water. Perhaps Lightning. As such, EVERYONE will start at ground 0 when it comes to their magic. Having friends that knew/know that magic could be a major help, no?

NO ONE naturally has the Energy Element, as it is a product of the enchantment. Those given this element are alone.

All Guardians have a mark on their body.
  • The Mark is a 7 pointed star interwoven with a circle.
  • Each point represents one of the elements of magic. Each point will be a different color for each element.
  • The circle represents the bond between the Guardians, as well as the enchantment that binds them to the world.
  • The seven-point star in the middle represents MAGIC itself.
  • When a Guardian dies, their point on the star fades and becomes broken.
Here is what the mark will look like:

seven pointer.jpg

Last edited:
interested if this is still open! (in lightning element)

Last edited:
Awesome!

I'd be interested in the Darkness guardian, if that's still available. (I don't see 'open' listed next to it, but neither do I see a name? So, hoping for a typo!) If not, mm, I think I'd chose Light, next.

So excited! :hearteyes:

By the way, would you like character sheets or anything?

EDIT: Also- quick question about the guardian marks; are they more like birthmarks, or more akin to a brand/tattoo from becoming a guardian? I'm assuming the latter, but I figure it's worth asking about!

Last edited:
So excited! :hearteyes:

By the way, would you like character sheets or anything?

EDIT: Also- quick question about the guardian marks; are they more like birthmarks, or more akin to a brand/tattoo from becoming a guardian? I'm assuming the latter, but I figure it's worth asking about!
Question 1: Yes, I will be working on that in a few minutes.
Question 2: The mark will be like a tattoo, it appears when the Guardians are chosen. Out of the entire history of the Guardian Cycle, no one has been born a Guardian. Nine or ten however did become a Guardian after a member of their bloodline that was a current Guardian died. {UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCE WE WILL DIVE INTO LATER :P)

also a question from me! are drawn face claims allowed?
It depends on the drawing imo. I prefer high quality pics for face claims to make visualizing the roleplay more vivid in the minds eye. But please send me your drawings in a PM and we will check it out! The reason for this is I did accept a drawn pics a couple times and they made it hard to visualize that person's character while writing responses and inter-character reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back