• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark City [OOC]

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
aad45717b2e3aac7e0b55fe7b394e52b.png

THE DARK CITYchat

Story || Chat || Characters

An endless black plane, extending away as far as the eye can see. Above the night sky is dark, devoid of moon or star or any signs of light at all. An entire infinity dressed black in mourning. A figure stands in this suffocating darkness. He is tall and covered from head to toe by a long black cloak. Two long narrow horns can be seen rising up from within his deep hood. He takes a step, and the black plane beneath ripples outward as if it were water, or ink. He slowly approaches the light source illuminating this world. There is a tiny island that rises just out of the ink-black lake, little more than a rise of obsidian black stone jutting up from beneath the surface. And on this island there sits a tree, looming and ancient, with cracked black bark more resembling stone than the ground it sits on and sparse leaves the color of ash. And beneath this tree sits a woman. Her pale white form illuminates the otherwise perfect darkness. She smiles and waves as the horned figure approaches, greeting him as an old friend. She stands, and from behind her back she produces a single tiny blue flower. A gift.

Everyone on this site knows what an OOC chat is for. Anything not involving characters and canon events within the story belongs here.

WELCOME TO

THE DARK CITY

Last edited:
Hey,

I was wondering.. even though you haven't accepted me yet. Can I post the characters I created?

D0mS3gb.png

First Character
ACTIVE

BrVub6g.png

Second Character
INACTIVE

riDHTcj.jpg

Third Character
INACTIVE

1rucXpi.png

Fourth Character
INACTIVE

RZKDnsi.jpg

Fifth Character
INACTIVE

Afbgah8.jpg

Sixth Character
INACTIVE

• ?
    Family: --
    Kills: 0

F25 A fair skinned maiden with moderately long chestnut colored hair stands with about a height of five feet and two inches. She is slim with ample sized breast and her body slightly forms similar to that of an hourglass. She has strong facial features such as a heart shaped chin, but is complimented with her small button-like nose and lips.
    Appearance: A fair skinned maiden with moderately long chestnut colored hair stands with about a height of five feet and two inches. She is slim with ample sized breast and her body slightly forms similar to that of an hourglass. She has strong facial features such as a heart shaped chin, but is complimented with her small button-like nose and lips.

Age 25

Color: Blue

CLEAR

SachiGrl SachiGrl
I suppose I'll allow myself to be bullied into accepting you. Please move character one to the character thread.

2 and 5 are too old, the people who appear in the city always appear to be "young" (again, actual age means little since no one remembers how old they are and no one ages). 3 can't have glasses as their vision will be perfect and they wouldn't be able to find glasses anyway. Similarly for 5 to tie her hair in a bun she would either need to use a piece of her robe and redo it every time it reset or use her hair to tie her hair.

Last edited:
And now without further ado...
D duegxybus Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie SachiGrl SachiGrl

WELCOME TO

THE DARK CITY

You're free to make your first posts. Neon asked some good questions to help with making a first post, which I'll add below. Aside from that I'm also going to need to know which direction your character heads leaving the dais. You can let me know OOC or IC using the star as a reference point. And remember to have your character block in your post, but even if you forget I'll just add it in.

Neon Valkyrie said:
1) Is the scene from the intro post to the RP still playing out when F23 lands?
2) Are we free to create and use NPCs, so long as they don't attempt to reveal anything about the plot that isn't already known? IE someone trying to lure her off the platform when she wakes up? (In the case that the answer to question one is no)
3) More of confirmation, the characters have forgotten everything about their lives, what pretty much everything is called until they see it, but do their personalities and faculties remain intact? Like ... is an artist still driven to create, is a fighter still someone competent with a blade, does an engineer still have a good sense about building things?
OverconfidentMagi said:
1) The scene with a girl arriving in the city and being greeted by someone isn't happening when your character arrives into the city. They aren't fortunate enough to have someone there to welcome them.

2) You're free to make and use NPCs. However, no one would be bold enough to go after a minnow just arrived. Countless hungry eyes watch the new arrivals, waiting to see if they'll come their way. It would be a gross breach of conduct to influence a minnow's biggest freedom of choice, that being which direction they walk leaving the dais. Now once they're away from the arrival platform pretty much anything goes unless a King's felt the need to enforce some silly rule or another in their domain.

3) While memories are gone, an innate familiarity can remain. They're still what they are, even if they can't remember why they are that way.

Now even though your characters have no memories doesn't mean they're completely blank slates.

Personality question 1: What is your character's favorite flavor of ice cream?

SachiGrl SachiGrl
I suppose I'll allow myself to be bullied into accepting you. Please move character one to the character thread.

2 and 5 are too old, the people who appear in the city always appear to be "young" (again, actual age means little since no one remembers how old they are and no one ages). 3 can't have glasses as their vision will be perfect and they wouldn't be able to find glasses anyway. Similarly for 5 to tie her hair in a bun she would either need to use a piece of her robe and redo it every time it reset or use her hair to tie her hair.
Thank you so much! Also, you said for me to post only my first character (in the character thread?), so I can’t post the others once I fix them? ; ;

Oh and I’ll post 4-5pm PT.

Thank you so much! Also, you said for me to post only my first character (in the character thread?), so I can’t post the others once I fix them? ; ;
They aren't being used yet, so no need to put them in the character thread. Characters are added to the list as they show up in the story.

They aren't being used yet, so no need to put them in the character thread. Characters are added to the list as they show up in the story.
I know I don’t need to, but can I? I will be updating when they die and get activated and whatnot! I promise *puppy face*

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'll edit my characters first then write my first post~♥

Fine fine, do what you want.
Umm.. Mr. Overconfidentmagi... I created a post, but I feel I am missing my name and location and such.. Is this okay?

?
Family: --
Kills: 0

F25 A fair skinned maiden with moderately long chestnut colored hair stands with about a height of five feet and two inches. She is slim with ample sized breast and her body slightly forms similar to that of an hourglass. She has strong facial features such as a heart shaped chin, but is complimented with her small button-like nose and lips.
3msn4Ib.gif
a8c3f5ca4bde4a0725845fa2a7de3b76.png

Air. Air flowed past her face and through her hair causing her eyelids to flutter as she was in an unconscious state. "Hmm..." she hummed blissfully meanwhile her body flowed downward like a shooting star. Alas, she snapped out of her dream-like state as her body was gently being placed onto a circular surface that glowed a feint light. "Wh-what is this?" a mere whisper escaped her lips as she delicately touched the disc she landed upon. Her eyes, like an endless sea, looked onward, sighting infinitely large structures that she could recall them to be called buildings. "Wh-where am I?" another question quietly came out of her mind.

She was still on her knees looking in the direction of what seemed like a city. Slowly, she rose and trembled ever so slightly. Her foot side stepped to maintain her balance and there she felt an odd object brush against her foot. "Ah," she gasped at the sight; it was a stone dagger similar in color and texture to that of the buildings ahead. She took hold of it curiously. This is to defend myself... she told herself instinctually though she did not know from what. Carefully, she walked off the glowing platform to the direction of the tall buildings. The presence of the city was almost calling to her. She could not explain this strange feeling.

Umm.. Mr. Overconfidentmagi... I created a post, but I feel I am missing my name and location and such.. Is this okay?
It's tricky isn't it? Writing a character with no name that is. Of course that only gets more fun when one nameless character interacts with another and you have to find creative ways of distinguishing them in your writing.

For now she has no name, but if you want to call her something OOC F25 will work just fine. As for location she doesn't know any reference points in the city, so ??? / City Center / The White Dais is fine.

Looking through the post itself, the city should be all around. The dais new arrivals land on is in the middle of the city. Speaking of the dais, it's lit by the white light from up above. It's glowing would just be from that light refracting off of the pure white surface. Tthere aren't really any "infinitely large structures" in the city. Most of the buildings are only a single story, with second floors being uncommon and third floors being very rare.

"It is a vast city, stretching for miles and miles in every direction, full of simple stone buildings. Most of these buildings are as simple and basic as a building can be and still be called a building; four walls, a rectangular hole for a door, empty squares for windows, bare stairs up to the next floor if there is one, which for the most part there isn't."

Oh, and I also need to know which direction she's headed, either IC using the red star as a reference point or OOC just by telling me a direction.

It's tricky isn't it? Writing a character with no name that is. Of course that only gets more fun when one nameless character interacts with another and you have to find creative ways of distinguishing them in your writing.

For now she has no name, but if you want to call her something OOC F25 will work just fine. As for location she doesn't know any reference points in the city, so ??? / City Center / The White Dais is fine.

Looking through the post itself, the city should be all around. The dais new arrivals land on is in the middle of the city. Speaking of the dais, it's lit by the white light from up above. It's glowing would just be from that light refracting off of the pure white surface. Tthere aren't really any "infinitely large structures" in the city. Most of the buildings are only a single story, with second floors being uncommon and third floors being very rare.

"It is a vast city, stretching for miles and miles in every direction, full of simple stone buildings. Most of these buildings are as simple and basic as a building can be and still be called a building; four walls, a rectangular hole for a door, empty squares for windows, bare stairs up to the next floor if there is one, which for the most part there isn't."

Oh, and I also need to know which direction she's headed, either IC using the red star as a reference point or OOC just by telling me a direction.
Can I just say, she heads North? Not that she knows she's heading North.

She wouldn't know what North is though. Something abstract like the directions would have to be explained to her.

Right now the red star is over the "West" part of the city going by my map, moving in its slow orbit counterclockwise towards the South.

Can I just say, she heads North? Not that she knows she's heading North.
She wouldn't know what North is though. Something abstract like the directions would have to be explained to her.

Right now the red star is over the "West" part of the city going by my map, moving in its slow orbit counterclockwise towards the South.
She doesn’t know what North is, but I, the narrator, do. I didn’t write that she knowingly goes North. Just that she does.

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Sorry about this, but I have committed to something I don't think I'll be able to keep up with, which is this. The premise is great and all but since it's such a small group I feel like I'll be a hindrance rather than a contributing member. I'm so sorry about this.

D duegxybus
No problem at all, thanks for letting me know.

Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie
The star is above the west part of the city and travels counterclockwise, so it'd be at 9 headed for 8 o' clock. And so long as she's on the dais no one else will arrive on top of her. Only one person at a time.
It's nice to see we have our first chaser character. There's always a few that feel the need to run towards the light like a moth.

If anyone is going to be around for a while tonight and would be up for collaborating just let me know. It worked well last time I tried it with this RP, so I'd like to try that kind of style again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back