• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Cyclone | Text RPG [Spot Filled]

Gary Sue

The One who Vibes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
FOREWARNING:
It's best you know!

As of updating this post, we've found the filler member we were missing and they've entered the roleplay. Meaning that the interest check is closed again- sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for showing interest and giving it a look in the first place! Cheers and have a good rest of your day!

ABOUT THE STORY:
We love a good story!

Previously known as ‘The Storm’, the citizens of this land have changed its name to move on with the times, and leave an ugly title behind. Long gone are the times when humans got mercilessly slaughtered by the monsters roaming these lands, now there’s cities, houses and even travelling groups everywhere. That’s not to say that Cyclone is a safe place now. Monsters are running around more than ever, with the tower at its very middle producing worrisome amounts. If nothing is done, it could mean that there are times even worse than before just on the horizon. But what can be done? The Lich living atop of the unreachable tower at the center of the mainland is meant to be keeping these beasts in check, trickling just enough magic so small amounts of not-too strong monsters are let out at a time.

There are many questions everyone would like to ask this immortal Lich, but noone is said to have managed to get to the tower’s front door, let alone inside of it. The closest humans have gotten is staring across the near bottomless pool of magic energy and seeing a heavy, wide door in the distance that leads into the creator’s abode. And even so, swimming across too is ill advised. One would be a fool to stay right where all monsters emerge, they’d only be met with swarms of them and before long, nothing would be left behind. During the more calm, peaceful times, towns were built just out of reach using what technology and magic humans themselves had harnessed, staying just close enough to The Eye but just out of the monsters’ reach, where they were still safe.

As is right now, Cyclone’s been widely acknowledged as a land split into three parts. The Western, Central and Eastern Cyclone. The Western parts of it are warmer, lush with all forms of strange fauna and flora, some more affected by magic than others. Sprawling jungles can be found, which eventually peter out into the more open, wide fields of plains one would expect to see many villages around. Cyclone’s easternmost parts are frigid, frozen over and covered in ice, hidden under a thick layer of snow. The humans that live there have bonds that go untested within their own tribes, although it’s not rare to see rival cultures fighting against one another, thankfully mostly verbally.

And at the center is where magic has clearly tampered with the order of most things- pieces of land have been lifted out of the pool at the center, forming floating islands in a ring around the tower, the caves down under are filled with all forms of magic crystals, ores and creatures unseen and the small, rocky peaks make traversing through it a mystery. What forests there are appear normal, yet feel all too mystifying and almost as worrying as they do invigorating. At the very center of it all, is the lake of magic, where a liquid that looks just like the starry sky lays, creating all manners of creatures and even artifacts in mere seconds. Attempting to cross it will only mark the end of one’s life, as they’ll disperse into energy right then and there. Over what’s rumored to be the root of all magic in the heart of the lake, is the Lich’s Citadel tower.

Travelling adventurers are a tale as old as time, from years before ‘The Storm’ was even conceived as a name to even current day. Some simply want to explore and see what the world has to offer, others seek to protect those that cannot raise a sword for themselves, and there’s even few daring explorers that want to see all Cyclone has to offer. Everyone has their own story, and we choose which one to focus on. This story, is about a group of adventurers that decided to investigate the influx of monsters from The Eye. Some knew one another before they set out, while others might not have even met yet. Without further ado- let’s see for ourselves.

ABOUT ME:
Hi, it's me, the GM. : )))

• My name is Gary, I'm 21 y/o and currently in college
• Frequent replies every (few) day(s)
• Tend to have lit. post length (250-500+ words depending on scenes, on the longer end for this RP)
• Looking to write a good story and have a blast with fun folks on the way!

ABOUT YOU:
The curtain is drawn, enter you, the players!

• 18 years of age or older
• Have a fairly decent post length (300+ words here so I can have material to work with as a GM)
• Willing to dive into the RPG aspects of the RP (I'll be there the entire time so expect assistance when required!)
• Decent activity with at least one reply per week, although the more the better! *Never at the expense of the posts' quality
• Available and up to using Discord to communicate with the rest of the group, and to store information

ABOUT THE RPG:
What in tarnation does he mean???

This is the part where I sit you down, explain the main premise and ask you to pay some extra attention like a demeaning teacher, fun! Having read the previous sections and the title, you'll probably have questioned on multiple points just what I meant by 'Text RPG'. So to put it as promptly as I can: although the story will still be a roleplay first and foremost, RPG-like systems have been made for it that include a profession (and crafting) system, turn-based combat encounters, semi-linear progression and some numbers to help keep the narrative more 'objective' when it comes to encounters and the like.

The system is similar to what you might expect if you're familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, although it's been made entirely from the ground up during the past few months, specifically for the group of four players (4) that I am looking to GM for, with currently three (3) slots open for recruitment through here. There are options for the roleplay to be PvE focused (Players Versus the Environment or in other words, me, hi) or to include PvP alternatives in case the spicier murder hobo crew is attracted instead. Regardless, players have full agency over their characters and encounters in both cases.

Another draw of the system I'd like to bring attention to is that it's information based. As this is an RPG, knowing gets half the job done- meaning that it'll give you a huge edge in multiple situations. There's a whole market (quite literally, it's called the Black Market) that'll pay you handsomely if you share in-game information with them, although rumors say that said info will spread like wildfire once it gets in their hands... To put it in layman's terms: I'd like you to not share information on mechanics, skills or unlock requirements for systems to avoid dulling the experience and let anyone involved enjoy the feeling of discovery.

Considering this is a lot to keep track of and upkeep, I'd like to ask once again that if you are interested in partaking, make sure to have enough time for the roleplay. I'd rather we avoid switching any players around once we get started, and we're able to keep a decent pace in terms of activity to stop it from dying out. If you're uncertain, feel free to reach out with your concerns and we can make the call together, but anyone that signs up for this is expected to abide by the guidelines set in the fancy, green ABOUT YOU section.

This should be most of it- if it sounds interesting but scary, please don't feel troubled to reach out! I'll be there throughout the entire process and the point is to have fun and tell our story, not to make your life hell and try to speedrun TPK you any% glitchless. Once some interest has been expressed, I'll be leaving you lot a link to the discord server I'll be using to coordinate everyone and store whatever information is known to each person on the RPG front. If you read so far, thank you and I wish you a good day!

And this is where I tag you doodooheads.
Key of Stars Key of Stars St. Clover St. Clover

Last edited:
Bumping this up hopefully one last time so we can nab the final peep for the group to be complete! Once again, if you've got any hesitations feel free to reach out and ask away. Hope to see you soon! ^^

Sup

20230410_031544.jpg

Can I play? I have many fox pictures to share.

Bumping this up because we're one person short- any lucky takers that'd be interested in joining the 3-person group that's already started their adventure, message me or let me know in a reply to the thread. I'll be helping you catch up to the current story, explaining necessary mechanics and creating your character, so don't you worry. And a reminder, this is a long term roleplay so please be able to stick with it for a while. Cheers, hope to see interest soon!

Howdy! Despite being a complete lurker up until now- I’ve actually got quite a decent bit of experience rping.
I might be a bit slow to catch on while learning how to use the site, but I’m interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back