• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gary's RP Stall (feat. Modern Supernatural Mystery)

Gary Sue

The One who Vibes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
ABOUT ME:
Yo! I'm not too good with introductions, but here we are. Lightning round;

• Name's Gary, tired 21 y/o college student.
• My timezone's GMT +3 for all it matters!
• Been roleplaying since 2015, although I used to be on a story-driven board for a year until recently, so I'm unfamiliar with some terms. Please bear with me on that!
• Consider myself semi-literate to literate, and can type from two paragraphs to six per post. Post length tends to be around 150-400 words (unless you get me super stoked).
• If you're worried about activity, I can usually reply on a semi-daily, if not daily basis.

ABOUT YOU:
I won't be asking for anything absurd, but here's a list of some rules and standard expectations I have from my partners. i swear it sounded better in my head.

• Please be 18 years old or more. There's not much to add past that age just carries alongside it some form of maturity... usually.
• I won't ask you to match my length if I'm high muse and posting 400 words at a time or more, but I think 150 minimum would be a good start. As long as there's enough substance and the scene allows for it, of course.
• Literacy is much appreciated. It's alright and only natural to make grammatical and spelling mistakes here and there, so don't sweat over it!
• If you're going to drop out of the roleplay, I'll appreciate you letting me know ahead of time rather than just ghosting.
• On this point, please communicate with me if something is up. If you aren't sure about something, if you need to take a break or move the plot along faster, let me know. Communication is key for the best experience possible.
• I'd like some good activity to keep the pacing going, a reply a day would be optimal, but once every two or three days is also fine. The faster, the better, as long as it doesn't come at the cost of the posts' quality!

ROLEPLAY IDEAS:
If you're still interested, let's gloss over some basics, and then the things I want to roleplay sometime soon.
  • Romance is not necessary, but if it fits with the plot and/or characters, we can definitely implement it. On that note, I will be playing mostly male characters, so it'd have to be MxF.
  • As long as you're not interested in romance, character gender doesn't matter. If you wanna roleplay two dudes being bros together, let's do it!
  • When having dialogue, I will personally color my character's text, and in the case it's all in italics, it's them thinking. Worry not, I do make sure to get the point across through text too.
  • I'd rather we kept threads to one character per player, with NPCs whenever possible or more characters being added further down the line and not being permanent additions to keep things nice and simple.
  • Should our roleplay be part of some fandom, I'm not going to be using any canon characters and none of them will be present in our 'AU'. I'd rather use my own and my partner's OC's instead.
ROUGH DRAFT:
Although this is an entirely fresh idea I got on a whim, I feel like I'd be interested in playing a more villainous character as of late. I was thinking something along the lines of Detective/Investigator gets assigned to an unsightly murder case, and decides to investigate it with their all. As they do, they begin to realise that the culprit might be a bit more than 'human'. Starting off with a few hints here and there, until they eventually get to tracking down this murderer's identity and find out there's definitely more to them than meets the eye. From there on out? Confrontation. How things end will be depend entirely on whether we decide to leave it there or let things drag on for a good minute more or so. That's the gist of it though! Or to better shape it up, ahem:
  • Detective gets a gruesome murder case, and looking into it reveals that things don't add up. After collecting enough clues, they realise there's more to the culprit than meets the eye, and now it's up to them to apprehend them however they can. (Modern, Urban Setting, Supernatural, Mystery)
I'd be interested in playing out the culprit and any assistant investigators to help out your character with pointers, although I'd be most interested in coming up with the very specifics together!

Regardless of whether you're interested or not, thank you for reading so far and have a nice day/evening/night! ^^

Last edited:
ABOUT ME:

• Name's Gary, stressed 20 y/o college student.
• Been roleplaying since 2015, although I used to be on a story-driven board for a year until recently, so I'm unfamiliar with some terms like doubling. Please bear with me on that!
• Consider myself semi-literate to literate, and can type from two paragraphs to four per post. Post length tends to be around 150-400 words.

ABOUT YOU:
I won't be asking for anything absurd, but here's a list of some rules and standard expectations I have from my partners. i swear it sounded better in my head.

• Please be 18 years old or more. There's not much to add past that age just carries alongside it some form of maturity... usually.
• I won't ask you to match my length if I'm high muse and posting 400 words at a time or more, but I think 150 minimum would be a good start. As long as there's enough substance and the scene allows for it, of course.
• Literacy is much appreciated. It's alright and only natural to make grammatical and spelling mistakes here and there, so don't sweat over it!
• If you're going to drop out of the roleplay, I'll appreciate you letting me know ahead of time rather than just ghosting.
• On this point, please communicate with me if something is up. If you aren't sure about something, if you need to take a break or move the plot along faster, let me know. Communication is key for the best experience possible.

ROLEPLAY IDEAS:
If you're still interested, let's gloss over some basics, and then the things I want to roleplay sometime soon.
  • Romance is not necessary, but if it fits with the plot and/or characters, we can definitely implement it. On that note, I will be playing mostly male characters, so it'd have to be MxF.
  • As long as you're not interested in romance, character gender doesn't matter. If you wanna roleplay two dudes being bros together, let's do it!
  • When having dialogue, I will personally color my character's text, and in the case it's all in italics, it's them thinking. Worry not, I do make sure to get the point across through text too.
  • I'd rather we kept threads to one character per player, with NPCs whenever possible or more characters being added further down the line and not being permanent additions to keep things nice and simple.
  • Should our roleplay be part of some fandom, I'm not going to be using any canon characters and none of them will be present in our 'AU'. I'd rather use my own and my partner's OC's instead.

And as far as prompts or ideas I haven't fully fleshed out yet, I'm going through somewhat stressful times right now. Normally I'd do a variety of things, but right now I'm looking for one of two things;
  • Prompt A: A very chill thread of our two characters meeting up (at a bar, on the street after years of not having met each other, etc.) and seeing their personalities match one another's, then moving on to just vibe and do whatever they can to relax together and take a breather from whatever's been stressing them out as of late. Taking trips together, going hiking, enjoying a nice coffee, whatever it may be. Romance can be involved if you're playing a female character, but again it's not necessary. The prompt's point is to revolve the thread around a chill relationship of two friends, and just have a relaxing time enjoying one another's company.
  • Prompt B: A more action focused thread set in a fantasy setting, where our characters are monster hunters. After a while of working alone, they're grouped together and are being tested as a team, in order to send them out on a more dangerous, important expedition. Their personalities can click like puzzle pieces, or be completely opposite. Granted they're the two best hunters in their parts though, they don't have many choices but to get over their shortcomings as people and work together. Romance is ruled out by default on this one, unless their characters genuinely end up feeling realistically possible to fit together further down the line. The monsters and setting could range anywhere from Monster Hunter's biologically accurate beasts and wyverns and insane weapon technology but archaic towns and villages, to RWBY's Grimm's and technologically futuristic cities. More traditional settings aren't out of the spectrum either, but that's a rough idea of what I'm going for.
Regardless of whether you feel interested in my prompts or not, thank you for reading all the way up to here, and I hope you have a good day. ^^

I read through your entire post and I'm interested in trying to rp with you :) assuming you're not closed to a new partner. As of this moment I have no ideas but would be happy to build from yours

Hey, I'd be interested in doing some rp with you if you're still up for it. 18+, and I can keep up with the word range you've set up. DM if interested :)

I've sent you both a DM, thanks for reaching out to me! I'll be taking one more partner before I close the interest check for now. :p

Babumping the thread. Removed the prompts and added some niche pairings I'm looking for, I'll close it again after a partner or two show up.

I do a lot of Angel/demon stuff. I have a few new characters I am looking to pair up as well as my go-to angel trio. Any one of them are open for a play. I typically only play female characters.

I do a lot of Angel/demon stuff. I have a few new characters I am looking to pair up as well as my go-to angel trio. Any one of them are open for a play. I typically only play female characters.
Hiya, thanks for offering. I'm mostly interested in the pairings I listed above though, for the time being. Cheers!

Kidnapper x Victim
Do I smell a want for a yandere? XD

In any case, I'd like to RP with you :) It doesn't have to be Kidnapper x Victim, it can be the other two, as well :) I can match or go more in a usual post (especially when the muse hits high), am 23 years old, and I usually play females :) I also like vibing in chat. XD Let me know when you're available. :) I can also do fandom AUs and I prefer no canons too. :)

Updated my interest check with a current plot I'm craving- some short term, low fantasy action between a mute mercenary/bodyguard and whatever you want to play. Super appreciative of any action in this. In other words, bump, shop's open again for a little while.

Last edited:
ABOUT ME:

• Name's Gary, tired 21 y/o college student.
• Been roleplaying since 2015, although I used to be on a story-driven board for a year until recently, so I'm unfamiliar with some terms. Please bear with me on that!
• Consider myself semi-literate to literate, and can type from two paragraphs to six per post. Post length tends to be around 150-400 words.
• If you're worried about activity, I can usually reply on a semi-daily, if not daily basis.

ABOUT YOU:

• I'd like some good activity to keep the pacing going, a reply a day would be optimal, but once every two or three days is also fine. The faster, the better, as long as it doesn't come at the cost of the posts' quality!

ROLEPLAY IDEAS:
ROUGH DRAFT:
I've had this idea for a while now, and after a bit of thinking I've refined it. What I'm looking for is someone to help me play off a mute bodyguard character that can double as a mercenary or adventurer for some situations. My ideal pairing would be with some VIP to protect or travel around, but I'm also fully willing to take on encounters with some conflict involved or even brawls. The endgoal is to have multiple short-term RPs with a variety of partners for my character in order to build on the same single universe, and I've laid out some cities for Ceril, as the low fantasy world is called.

There's Kohr in the North, where Hobgoblins and Goblins alike have set up their main settlement in the tundra with no walls in sight, carrying out mostly farming and forestry and lumbering operations. Some humans have even moved on over, and although it's hard to adapt to the new environment, they became welcome shortly after. There's also Sesseth in the East where the Abyssals live in tandem with humans who take to seafaring and sea trade, helping the waterborne serpent-like creatures as they can- half of this city is even open to the sea, or the canal leading right into it. In the West lies Veila, with the Kobolds' territory putting a heavy focus on magic. Most of the humans that can be found living among them tend to have good affinity for magic and help the reptilian folk through trade and hunting, as their short stature makes them physically disadvantaged against the bigger creatures of the marsh.

Although relatively unknown and predominantly occupied by Orcs and almost no humans, Picket Fort lies in the South, having earned this name from every other city due to the Orcs' outright refusal to name the city themselves or contact any of the people in the other towns. From what little is known about the rather tribal structure of the settlement, they use their physical bulk in hunting and oftentimes move out of the town only to work as mercenaries. And in between all of these cities in the vast highlands, lies Tarlan which is a mostly human settlement. It has a nice opening into the ocean to allow for sea trade, as well as plenty of fertile plots of land. All of this has allowed the humans to peacefully co-exist with the other races through trade, mining, farming, mercenary services and the list goes on. Some humans prefer the hospitality of Tarlan, while others move out and live among the other races to learn their culture.

Despite the rough draft for this world already having been written out, there are many events that we could explore in a short-term roleplay- diplomatic affairs, excursions, hunts, investigations, and the list goes on. On the other hand if you'd rather have a more character intensive roleplay and not expand on the world, we could always play out some encounter with my character and yours, be it related to his bodyguard services or not. To give a brief recap though:
  • I'd like to play some completely quiet, mute bodyguard figure to your (potentially in-universe VIP) character, to help practice expressing my characters without dialogue being involved.
  • The setting is low-fantasy and accommodates for the co-existence of plentiful of races, with humans having slipped into most settlements.
  • The roleplay will be short term and around an excursion, investigation, field trip, diplomatic adventure or encounter, whatever we can think of to build on Ceril and its lore.
If any of this idea draft sounds fun or appealing to figure out with me, please do drop by and let's see if we can figure anything out together! Thanks for reading so far and hope you have a great day regardless. ^^
A little late but interested whenever you're open to new partners!

Bumping this up with an entirely different RP idea, something more out of the usual. Investigation RP, featuring a supernatural killer on the loose. Let me know if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back