• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Siren77

Bored Ancient
Alright so I was gonna do this whole big, grand, in depth explanation into the events leading up to this plot. Yknow, true prologue style. Dramatic dialogue, scientific Mumbo Jumo. The works. But the more I tried to expand on this and make it more intricate, the more I realized I was over complicating it which I know tends to steer people away from interest checks such as this one. Understandably so, after all a thread is only as good as it is concise. Plus, given the rather ridiculous nature of this plot, trying to make it make sense is kind of redundant. So! Here’s a crash course into the Crossover!

Dr. David A. Badguy, your typical evil genius stereotype, has discovered the gift of the Wormhole. A technological advancement that allows him to tears holes in the fabric of Time, Space, and Reality. And with this discovery, he also finds the source of them all, a place known as Primus or “the first earth” that acts as an anchor to the various realities and universes. And wouldn’t you know it, Dr. Badguy wants to destroy Primus because the stereotype forbids him from doing anything else. So naturally, he opens thousands of wormholes across the multiverse to wreak all sorts of havoc wherever possible, essentially letting the floodgates open to an infinite supply of powerful characters both real and fictional.

And what is a plot like this without a plot twist! Wouldn’t you know it, Primus is the universe you and I both inhabit! Meaning, we’re fucked, because I’ll be damned if I’ve ever seen a superhero, mutant, or anime protagonist of any kind here! Defenseless, Primus is nothing short of a sitting duck for the onslaught of Waifus, Evil Geniuses, and generic sword wielding badasses that are storming its shores.

That is until the hand of Destiny, because y’know, when the fate of all realities is in jeopardy something like Destiny is always self aware somehow, retrieves a select group of heroes from their respective realities. Gathering them within its sanctuary, it requests their help to stop the work of the wormholes and restore Primus to a state of one time and one reality. Only then can Destiny repair the timelines and undo the damage done by Dr. Badguy.

And that’s where we begin! A ragtag group of heroes, all harboring their own unique abilities (their own class if you will) to aid in stopping the various Icons, Wild Beasts, and Demons that litter the cosmos of Primus. So, let’s have a quick rundown on some of the classes that I’ve put together as an example!

• This class features all of the tropes common in the Golden age of shooters. Im talking Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Halo and plenty of others. A Skilled marksman armed with an impossible array of weapons to take on their respective hordes of enemies, now brought to Primus to put their skills to the test. They’ll start off with a base weapon, but begin collecting an arsenal of new weapons, modifications, and equipment (i.e. Grenade Variants or Armor) to help them along their way.

Alright so! With that out of the way, I’ll talk a little about what specifically can happen with the Crossover battles that will take place. There are three specific types I wish to include, that being Boss Battles (self explanatory), Invasions (Hordes of enemies to cut down with an climactic finish to wrap it up), and Loyalty Missions (Character Specific battles that involve a specific baddie/rival from your characters own world!) In case I haven’t made the point clear though, these battles can involve characters from ANY VIDEO GAME/MOVIE/TV SERIES/BOOK you can think of! The fights can even be done in combinations to keep things interesting! And as I’ve said, over the course of these battles your characters will upgrade in their own specific way, tailored to the specific enemy/enemies they fight. And during each fight, you could see power ups/special upgrades to help win that specific encounter!

Now some things I want to address. While the above four classes are examples, they are not the only options! If you have an idea you want to bring forward, think it out and leave a comment with your idea! I’ll gladly talk it out and make a class you’ll enjoy playing as! As far as how many characters? I’m still deciding. I think a cap of eight (including myself) would be wonderful! But I’d prefer you be a fairly active member that way things don’t get stuck! Now for the big question, how do we decide on what characters we fight? Nothing short of a vote! We can all pitch in ideas, I’ll likely have a voting channel in the inevitable discord for this group, and it’ll go from there!

Now I know this was likely a Cluster of information, as the title implies, but fear not! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, wise cracks, jokes, or racially insensitive remarks (I’m kidding)? Feel free to leave them down below! Or if you’re just interested in the plot, let me know down below as well, and include your idea for a class!

Have a fantastic day you beautiful human! I’m looking forward to writing with you if you decide to join my little group here!

Hmmm, an interesting choice but I’m trying to make progression a major part of this plot. How could we factor this in with your Jedi?
He'd start out with basic Jedi abilities. Lofting and throwing small to medium rocks, moving at around Olympian level speeds, basic Jedi stuff. Over time he'd both improve his core abilities as well as pick up new abilities, such as Mind Trick, energy absorption, etc, alongside improving his lightsaber skills. I will limit him to only the abilities and power seen in the movies, because a lot of other sources basically make Jedi invincible

He'd start out with basic Jedi abilities. Lofting and throwing small to medium rocks, moving at around Olympian level speeds, basic Jedi stuff. Over time he'd both improve his core abilities as well as pick up new abilities, such as Mind Trick, energy absorption, etc, alongside improving his lightsaber skills. I will limit him to only the abilities and power seen in the movies, because a lot of other sources basically make Jedi invincible
See that’s all good and well in concept, but it’s hard to gauge and ‘upgrade’ that on a similar path as the rest. I mean everyone will get a specific upgrade/weapon/move from each specific encounter. I dunno, you could tailor it however you desire in the manner you suggested, but I think the big issue with using a specific icon is that it limits you to what they are able to do in their cannon universe. By all means if they’re what you wish to play as then I’m all for it, but my personal opinion is that it could be a bit limiting and even underpowered compared to how far a character unbound by such limits can progress.

In the example of the magic class, if they were to successfully aid the party in defeating a Godly Threat, they in turn would inherit a godly level spell that could have earth shattering capabilities. They progress relative to the boss they’ve encountered. As I said, I think it might just be difficult to do the same for a Jedi. But AGAIN, to reiterate, I’m not about to tell you no or anything like that. With the given setting anyone should be able to choose a role as they wish. I just want to ensure you have a good experience with the system I’ll have set up.

Ahhhh alright alright. Hmmm...I'll think on it and see if I can make anything! I like the concept but none of the classes really interest me.

Ahhhh alright alright. Hmmm...I'll think on it and see if I can make anything! I like the concept but none of the classes really interest me.
And that’s totally fine! Like I said, the classes included were just examples, but everyone has full creative freedom over the type of character they play and how they progress!

Well, she is more or less derived from asriel, while having some hand to hand and abilities of her own.

Well, she is more or less derived from asriel, while having some hand to hand and abilities of her own.
What specifically is derived from Asriel? It’s an interesting choice and could make for some awesome means of progression!!

She is, by design, meant to be a watered down copy with her own flair and abilities sprinkled in, as she was designed to be that way.

She is, by design, meant to be a watered down copy with her own flair and abilities sprinkled in, as she was designed to be that way.
Hm, most interesting! I love the boss battles from Undertale and their unique designs, so I know there’ll be a lot of potential present! How do you plan on having her progress from battle to battle?

Well, she is a hybrid of human and monster, with the monster bit being sourced from what was left of Asriel/Chara after they went to the surface. So, she'd probably just abosrb souls, using them to augment her powers like a monster would.

Well, she is a hybrid of human and monster, with the monster bit being sourced from what was left of Asriel/Chara after they went to the surface. So, she'd probably just abosrb souls, using them to augment her powers like a monster would.
I figured it would have something to do with souls! That’s pretty clever and can be well used!

No kidding. That being said, I'm not entirely sure, as her own soul (justice) manifests on its own as a revolver and an intrinsic ability to use guns.

I'm kinda interested! The FPS protagonist sounds like my kinda deal. I'm thinking Gordon Freeman from Half-Life, but much more mentally unstable because from Half-Life 1 to 2 all he did was run from point a to point b and kill persons c to z for a week straight without stopping to rest once. That'd do stuff to a man.

And, yeah, Gordon Freeman's not an original character, but he was designed to be a blank slate to be made as your own. Would that fly with you?

I'm kinda interested! The FPS protagonist sounds like my kinda deal. I'm thinking Gordon Freeman from Half-Life, but much more mentally unstable because from Half-Life 1 to 2 all he did was run from point a to point b and kill persons c to z for a week straight without stopping to rest once. That'd do stuff to a man.

And, yeah, Gordon Freeman's not an original character, but he was designed to be a blank slate to be made as your own. Would that fly with you?
Hmmmm, I don’t know much about Half Life. But I did know Freeman’s name. I’ll tell you what, I’m not opposed to the idea. But if he’s meant to be a blank slate to be made your own, change the name and appearance and you’ll be set. Seeing as it’s clearly a different reality of that specific universe, this shouldn’t be an issue yeah?

No kidding. That being said, I'm not entirely sure, as her own soul (justice) manifests on its own as a revolver and an intrinsic ability to use guns.
Hm, interesting. We’ll need to put some thought into the abilities between her soul and her own sorcery. It definitely makes for an awesome set up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back