• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Crafters, and The Black Veil

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Crafters and that there veil.png

ddbhghe-5caf09a6-a8ac-4c6c-ad25-39ad2a19e4e4.jpg

Hello! Bee here!

So, this is an interest check for Crafters (I'm not typing out that massive title every single time I reference this thing or we'd be here all day), a Fantasy RP I plan to host on this lovely old site. I'm going to create and sort out a proper lore and information thread tomorrow as I'm currently falling asleep at my compute atm, so beg pardon if any of the following brief description of the story I give is a bit too vague or unclear.​

Crafters initially will probably sound a lot like any other typical fantasy-like story and setting. Old medieval-esque landscape and historical theme, bit of magic here, bit of magic there, giant ambiguous evil that pops out of seemingly nowhere and proceeds to go around shit stirring and ruining everyone's day just for the hell of it I guess, etc. But I want to do something a little different this time around. Crafters will revolve around a small group of very close-knit friends. They all grew up together in the same village and have never lived or really even been anywhere in their whole lives. As the title implies, each character has honed a particular craft, that is useful to themselves, and the their society and village at large. It could be something as simple as Smithy-work, Shepard, Weaver, Thatcher, Etc. you get the picture. Put simply, they're labourers, the lot of them. Not exactly the typical heroic type you'd imagine for a sweeping fantasy adventure.

In the world of Athelston, gender privilege and preferred sexual orientation just aren't big deals. They are simply not issues. You can be whatever you want to be with those regards in Athelston and nobody's going to bat an eyelid. But Class, on the other hand, that's a whole different picture. Our little gang of labourers are your typical village craftsmen and women to me and you yes, but within the world of Athelston, they are people who exist in a society where labour and those who carry it out are seen as lesser. People who have to carry out physical tasks and chores for a living are called seen as a lower and lesser class than that out the "Cerebrals": The higher-ups, who spend their days leading, and debating philosophy and altogether pursuing otherwise intellectual habits and hobbies. Now, you and I know that obviously a world and society like this couldn't possibly work or last forever in reality (I mean just look at what went down in France), but number one: This is an RP, it's free money babey. And number two: That's exactly the point. Throughout the RP, I'd like our characters to explore and question their opinions thoughts and roles they maintain within this faulty society they find themselves in. Of course they're much more than simply their craft, so let them voice it! fight it maybe? perhaps? You get the picture (hopefully).

While the above will play a big main theme within the RP, there will also (as previously mentioned) additionally be a overarching story-line of a great all-encompassing evil that threatens all of Athelston. I'd like for the two to knit and weave together somewhat. So you get all that juicy morality stuff. Whose life is worth what, am I more than just my profession, what is identity, blah blah blah. Lots of spicy story and plot elements basically. It's gonna be good, I promise.

Once again, this may sound initially vague, but I'll bump/update this check tomorrow with the link to the Lore page, and there things will hopefully make all sorts of the right sense.

Link to full Lore and information page:

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions, and more importantly if you're interested!! :)

Last edited:
B-Bump!

Thank you for all the interest so far!!

As promised, here is the much more detailed Lore page!!

Just to give a better Idea, I'll also add some world information into tabs at the top of this thread too to give people a better idea,

As previously mentioned, please don't hesitate at all to ask any questions, more than happy to answer!! 🌞🐝

B-b-b-bumpin!!

I forgot to add what the great big evil bad thing even is in the lore page!! Heck in a handbasket.

I'll do so this afternoon,

Hopin' 4 more interest soon 🌞

Updated the lore page with what the great big evil bad actually is!!

Currently working on a OOC and Character thread 🐝

Character thread is up babeys!!!

I cannot be stopped!! OOC next ;0

I'm just gonna pass on through, having looked this through, and...

You had me... until I noticed the deadline, which I can't manage (it's OK though, don't worry - just means someone else can hop in and not me)!

I'll just... leave this here, and I'm not sure what to do with it now-

I'm just gonna pass on through, having looked this through, and...

You had me... until I noticed the deadline, which I can't manage (it's OK though, don't worry - just means someone else can hop in and not me)!

I'll just... leave this here, and I'm not sure what to do with it now-

Ah, don't worry about it!! Honestly,

If i'm being honest it was just a placeholder really anyway. Swear down,

I'll go fix it now, proper deadline's gonna be the 25th if that's any better!! :)

OK, that on the other hand, I can work with. I'll just get through to the day after tomorrow and see if I can get the brain works flowing, if that's OK!

Hi! This sounds very interesting! I've never roleplayed before, though. Would you be willing to allow a newbie to join? I understand if not-- You've got a very detailed world going on here!

Heyo there! I just popped by because I thought the name was interesting and all... May or may not join; I am kind of obsessed with a creating a culture right now, so... ._.

Anyways, I'm seeing in the lore section that you need a map? I am a mapmaker myself, but I don't have a fax machine or laser scanner. V:

I know this isn't really me submitting art, but if you need to design a map, here are a couple of sites that you may like:
Inkarnate is a free site that you can use to make maps! It generally offers a wide selection of tools, though you may find that it doesn't go into extremely fine details (Something that endlessly frustrates me whenever I use it. :/)
Wonderdraft is another site that you can use to make maps. Is it better than Inkarnate? Arguably. It offers more micromapping than what Inkarnate offers, though it doesn't have much variety in models as Inkarnate does, due to the fact that it's really new. Unfortunately, the downside to this website is that you have to pay to use it- one time fee of 30 dollars, basically. That's 27.40 Euros if you're a Brit.

WOOOOOOoooooo thank y’all so much for the interest so far!!

Primmrose Primmrose We all gotta start somewhere!! It’s no problem at all!! Whip up a character sheet if you like. Also i love ur profile pic. Lore Olympus is so good it makes my head hurt 😭😭

darkborn darkborn join us. take part in this madness :)))
And heck yas. I’m aware of Inkarnate and it’s my plan to make a map using that as best I can. I’ll give it a go first for sure but i’m aware there’s probs people out there A LOT better at this than me. So I wanted to throw the baton out there first, see if anyone was down haha

WOOOOOOoooooo thank y’all so much for the interest so far!!

Primmrose Primmrose We all gotta start somewhere!! It’s no problem at all!! Whip up a character sheet if you like. Also i love ur profile pic. Lore Olympus is so good it makes my head hurt 😭😭

darkborn darkborn join us. take part in this madness :)))
And heck yas. I’m aware of Inkarnate and it’s my plan to make a map using that as best I can. I’ll give it a go first for sure but i’m aware there’s probs people out there A LOT better at this than me. So I wanted to throw the baton out there first, see if anyone was down haha

Cool beans! I'm making my character right now ~ (also, yeeeesss I love meeting Lore Olympus fans!)

Givin this a good old Bump! But a gentle one, Just a lil old helpful push. Nowt too forceful. I'm a nice person.

Deadline is the 25th for character submissions, so anyone who's lurking around with possible interest, come on in! What have you got to lose!! Street cred!! BAH Who really had any of that anyway, certainly not me 🌞 🌞

Hello, Daily Bump of the day comin’ atcha!!

Bees fun daily fact: The more files you store on a USB drive, the lighter it gets. ;0

Bumpin and Grindin babbeeeyyyyy

new fun fact of the day: A European Milky Way chocolate bar will float in milk but the American version will not ;0

Interested!! I know I'm cutting it a bit close to the deadline, but that just means I'll have to work extra hard!

No probs!! Glad you're hyped, still got plenty of time too, due dates 25th as it stands my friend 👍👍

It is daily bump time my dudes!!

Fun fact: Tyrannosaurus rex suffered from gout 🤔

Daily Bump time!!

Last one before tomorrows deadlines friends!!

As said before, please feel free to let me know if there's any questions you have or what have you, more than happy to answer!! 🌞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back