“Miles? Who’s Miles? I’m Spider-“ “Yeah, we know, Spider-Guy, man, whatever.” Rex grabs them in a group meeting. ”Look, I think I messed up. There’s no way they bought the fact I’m crazy with the way I acted. Just because I hated that place and didn’t like the people there, doesn’t mean I should just tell off about what happened after that director guy told us not too.”
Rex breaks up the group and apologies. “Look, I’m sorry I got you into this mess. Now I’m gonna get you guys out of it, I just don’t know how long it’ll take, or how long I’ll find Toffee. Or Lucky... if. He’s even alive that is.” Rex looks down at the ground, feeling like he failed his friends. Mil- I mean, Spider-Man, lays his hand on Rex’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry I’ll help.” “No kid, you don’t understa-“ “No, you don’t understand! I let a hero die once because I was too scared to do something, now I let that bunny with the cursed gem get away when I felt like I could have stepped in sooner. Now it’s my responsibility to end this before it gets worst!” Miles spoke boldly making Rex look up at him and Megumin.

“Take it from me, I feel like your friend’s not dead yet, when a lot of people get stranded in your world cause random dimensional portals, or it’s you that’s being sucked into one, you learn a thing or two. But it’s best if we find this Toffee guy before he does.”

Rex turns around with a surprised face. “I’m guessing you’re not gonna stop until I take you with me huh?” “Nope.” Said miles with the a stern smug look behind the mask.

“*Tsk.* Now I know how Lucky feels. Okay, Spider-Man, let’s catch ourselves a Lizard!” The two have a moment before realizing Megumin was standing there the whole time. “Oh, we’re sorry. Just forgot you were there for a second.”

P PopcornPie

"I hated it, too, they stripped me of everything I stood for!" Megumin snapped. "But if we were told not to tell, then we shouldn't tell. I hope they don't look into things, or bring back Mewtwo and make him scan our memories..." It didn't look like it, but she was fully aware of having her mind read. It felt as though Mewtwo was running his rubbery fingers all over her brain. Not something she'd want to experience again. "Let's just try not to-" Miles continued to interrupt them, offering repeatedly to help. She had no idea what to do. Did Spider-Man even consider what they'd just said? They'd been through an adventure that would have meant who knows what kinds of catastrophe if they failed! "We shouldn't try to leave for other dimensions by ourselves. I've only just begun to learn how to defend myself without my Explosion, a-and we don't even know what that wormhole was, or how to trace it!" For all they knew, the Meta had just returned for Round Two.

Then again, it was for Chomusuke's sake...

"We also don't know how dangerous Toffee really was, either." The young archwizard pointed out. "It seemed that Chomusuke was just making himself paranoid, but what if he was right? What if Toffee just wanted us to think he was overreacting?" Toffee briefed the Solo team, but she was stuck on Red. She never got to meet him. Nor did Rex. "Chomusuke either went way in over his head, or got stuck in nothing at all!"

Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts

“I mean, I didn’t really have a choice in the dimensional travel, it just happened.” Megumin interrupts and starts to panic more but Rex steps in to calm her down.

“Easy there Megumin, you’re talking like Lucky. If we keep our cool, we’ll be okay. Maybe we can ask your friends if they can trace that portal so we can find out where he went and get that thing out of him. As for Toffee, he’s just a lizard guy”

Miles interjects “And by the way, who is Mewtwo?”

P PopcornPie

"Oh, nobody had a choice." Megumin figured that she may as well tell Spider-Man about the actual travels, at least. "There I was, in a dungeon with my party. And then, there was a great pain, like someone had injected cobra venom into every pore of my body!" She threw herself on her back, reenacting the crazed flailing she performed the last time she saw her party. They all tried flinging whatever spells they could to heal her. Obviously, nothing worked. "Then, finally, I could take it no more, and I fell unconscious, waking up strapped to the seat of a strange flying contraption. I wonder what my actual disappearance looked like to Kazuma and the others...Anyway, I'm not sure if portals are a well known magic in my kingdom. I don't even know how to get back to my kingdom from here." She shook her head.

"Oh, Mewtwo is a friend of Samus's. I was having a really bad seizure from trying to use my power, so she brought him in to make it stop. He read my mind to figure out what went wrong, and..." She was noticeably turning pale. "...I think he knows what you and I went through, Rex."

“(Strange flying contraption, cobra Venom? She must be talking about the Blood Gulch.)” Thought Rex.

Then Megumin says Samus brought her to Mewtwo, only thing is the “she” was used in Samus’s place and the two boys realized.
“Wait, Samus is a girl?Said both, Rex and Spider-Man in unison, looking at each other.

Rex continues then bringing up Mewtwo.
“Anyways, this Mewtwo guy you’re talking about, is he in your mind right now? Cause I don’t see him anywhere.” He asked Megumin, acting as if Mewtwo was here right now..

P PopcornPie

"Yeah. Girl." Megumin's brow furrowed. "Couldn't either of you tell by the voice? Or when she took the suit off?" They must have been that focused on each other.

As for the second question, Megumin touched her fingers to her head, and tried to scan deeply. "No, I don't...hear...or see...him..." She started to feel woozy all over again, with her vision blurring and her legs giving out. She sat down, winced, then shook her head. "Mewtwo said not to stress myself out...I guess thinking too deeply counts. Either way, I don't hear his voice."

Nick Fury, upon hearing the sudden entrance into his office, would glance up from the paperwork he was doing to meet eye contact with Woz. His one eye pierced past the other's gaze. Even his relaxed expression was intimidating... at least somewhat. After hearing what Woz had to say about his comrades, Fury nodded slowly.

tumblr_pob57ssXoE1y5wxweo3_400.png

"Well go on. Don't keep me waiting." He said, his voice sounding stern. Whether or not he meant it was another question entirely, though.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Sonic would give off a friendly smile in response to Samus, waving off her concerns about him being upset with his gloved hand.

"Nah, don't worry about it! Your friend sounds like she was in pretty bad shape," Sonic said, before watching her and Mao-Mao's little spout, before they eventually parted ways. This left Samus with Sonic, who merely stood there with her, mainly since he already kinda knew her from the Smash Tournament.... albeit, not much. But, as a reserved member of the Multiverse Protection Foundation, he had of course heard rumors of what happened to Samus during what the higher-ups dubbed "The Tesseract Incident." And, since he was already here visiting, he didn't see any harm in stopping to say hello to Samus.

"So... Samus," Sonic said. "I heard what happened to you.... ya know, during The Tesseract Incident. The medics here really stitched you back together good, huh?" Sonic asked, his tone being a light, joking one.

P PopcornPie

After a while, and with lots of cold water, Samus felt much improved. Unfortunately, when they stepped out of the medic wing, none of the three newbies could be seen.

"Shit...you don't suppose they're trying to make portals, do you?" Samus managed to keep all her panic inside, but still gazed at Mao Mao with wide eyes. "Whether we like it or not, that cursed rabbit led them right to the machines..."

"That's why I'm checking there." Mao replied. "You go see Mr. Fury." The cat knew there was no time to argue, and he dashed towards the HQ with his ears flat back.

When Samus made her way to Nick's office, she quickly took notice of another seeing him. "Damn..." She whispered, leaning up against the wall. "Hurry, whoever you are..." Not wanting to seem strange, she would head back outside, back to Sonic.

"Mr. Fury is busy right now, shit, I need him..." The blonde hissed at her hedgehog friend. "Yeah, they did heal me nicely." She ran a finger across her forehead. Once upon a time, there was one hell of a bullet wound. "I hope the others didn't go insane with worry over me. I've seen how devastated people can get when their loved ones mysteriously vanish." With that said, she had Megumin's image in particular floating across her mind.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Meanwhile, as Rex and Megumin and Miles conversed with each other, the door to the room they were standing in slid open and in stepped one of the higher-ranking members of The MPF.

8IMO2VLK_400x400.jpg

The man, who was known as Rick Sanchez, strolled past everyone without saying a word, casually grabbing the nearby cause of the sudden black hole, The Tesseract, out of the box it had been stored in after inputting a passcode and scanning his eyeball. The box opened up and he casually grabbed the blue cube after putting on some gloves, slipping it into his coat pocket like it was no one's business. This caused the set of numerous portals behind him to all collapse one by one.

"So, at any point did yooooooooooooo--uuurrrrrp--ooooou think to take the overheating multi-dimensional extremely powerful artifact outside of its box?" Rick would ask everyone in the room who remained. His voice and tone were bitter though that was arguably par for the course for Rick. Regardless of the answer he got, the man sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb. "Whatever the case, I don't care. I'm gonna take this so it can cool off, and you guys can go back to whatever it was you were doing before I got here." He said, though as he approached the door to the room, his head turned back to face everyone. "Oh... and another thing? Give up on your wild goose chase over that Toffee guy. Most of you don't even know what he looks like, let alone do you know how you'd track down which universe he's in. Go enact your shitty 80's movie revenge plot on something else."

And with that, Rick exited the room without a care in the world.

Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts P PopcornPie

With no warning, some drunkard in blue hair stepped in, collected some kind of portal-making artifact, disabled the portals around him, told the trio to piss off, and left. Instead of irritated, or hurt, Megumin was simply confused. "...Who was that guy?" She asked softly. "And what was that thing he picked up?" She scratched her head. She didn't see any glowing blue cubes creating that rift, but maybe that was just because she was trying to focus on not being sucked in. "Here I thought it just opened in midair. We must have knocked it off a shelf or something during the chase." Well, where that purple hole came from didn't matter. What mattered was, it had taken Chomusuke! "Well, that drunkard is right. We should put our energy into finding Chomusuke, not Toffee!"

Megumin sat down woozy as Spider-Man and Rex went to concert her. “What happened, what were you talking about?”

Before Miles could get an answer, Rick comes in telling them to forget about Toffee. “The heck was that about? How did he know what we were talking abou- Ah, forget him. I’m still going after him.” Exclaimed Rex, upset at Rick acting like a tool and insulting him for caring about a friend.

Megumin suggest finding Lucky would be the best choice.
“Don’t worry, Finding Lucky’s still part of my agenda, but he said he also still wanted to find Toffee.” “You mean the bunny? Let me get this straight, we find Toffee, we find Lucky, the bunny right?” “You catch on quick.”

Rex applauded Miles.

P PopcornPie

Last edited:
"He looks a lot older than us. We should do as he says." Megumin sighed. "Oh, somehow, Lucky and Toffee became really bad enemies. You see, Lucky tried to get us mad at him, but then we were being sent to try and defeat O'Malley inside the head of Caboose. He thought that was Toffee sending us to be killed. Well, even if it was, it clearly didn't work!" She stuck out her chest proudly. "Anyway...Hm, if they're not gonna let us use the portals, then how do we even begin to look for them? We can't just call him to us."

“The guy may looked old, but we don’t know who he was for sure.” Responded Rex to Megumin.

Megumin also tells Spider-Man bits and pieces of the Blood Gulch event.
“Okay. That was insightful, but Who’s- oh right.” Spidey whispers to Megumin. “Who’s O’Malley?” Rex joins in. “Remember the robot god I talked about? Well Caboose is one of the good ones and O’Malley got in his head but we eventually got him out. And it turns out, O’Malley was just a fake name, it’s actual name is the Meta.” “Okay, now everything’s starting to make sense. But she has a point, how are we gonna find Toffee and Lucky?” Rex answers the question. “Why don’t we tell Samus about Toffee. It’s obvious they’re trying to track down Lucky too after what happened. Maybe she can help us?”

P PopcornPie

Mao Mao dipped his head respectfully, then burst into the room. Thankfully, all the portals were turned off. "Megumin? Rex?...Ah, good. Rick must have taken care of you." He smiled. "Rick is a grump, but he cares just as much for our cause as the rest of us do."

"Mao Mao!" Megumin beamed. "Can you help us track down Lucky? They trust you with the portals, right?"

The cat's sleek ears drooped slightly. "Look, kids. Your caring for your friend is admirable, but you can't just go jumping after him. Let the big agents handle this, okay?" He patted the archwizard on her shoulder. "I have absolutely no clue what any of this is about, so it'd be dangerous to go in blind. Though, I think we should at least figure out what he was wearing. Maybe there's a book laying around somewhere..."

"I don't know, it was just a suggestion." Mao Mao shrugged. "Honestly? I'd just put it off altogether for a while. There's just too little to work with. We don't know what he really wanted, or where he went. For all we know, he was completely normal."

"No, he wasn't!"
Megumin's outburst caused an echo. "I know Chomusuke. He has these adorable eyes, and his tummy is completely fluffy, no enchanted gem!"

“I wouldn’t exactly call him eyes adorable, but she’s right. That wasn’t normal of Lucky, and by the way I’m not giving up on him. I may not be able to do anything now, but I’m letting you know right now, I won’t stop until Lucky’s safe and Toffee’s but stopped for good.” Rex heads back to his room to rest for awhile.

“Man, he really cares for that rabbit. Was Lucky his pet or something?” Miles ask Megumin and Mao Mao.

P PopcornPie

"Well, he was supposed to be my Chomusuke II." Megumin explained sadly. "To replace the first Chomusuke, because I thought I'd never see him again. But he and Rex got even closer together."

"I see." Mao Mao continued with the shoulder pats. "Well, in any event, just be patient. All of this only just happened, so we have no idea where to start. That portal was definitely unlike anything I've ever seen before." He reopened the door smoothly. "Come along, you two. We all need our rest. You in particular, Megumin...How is that arm?"

"It's okay." The archwizard replied wearily, staring down at her bandage. It had become red all over.

Miles looks at the bandage Megumin, and offers to help her. “You may want to replace that soon. I can make you a new one if you want. By the way, where are we going, do I get my own room?” He said asking both Mao Mao & Megumin.

P PopcornPie

"That's okay. The bleeding should have stopped by now." Mao Mao said sweetly. "And, newbie, you do get your own room. Come with me. There's an unclaimed place waiting for you somewhere."

"Chomusuke always let me hug him. He never bit..." Megumin lamented, running her fingers up and down the bandage.

“How many times do I have to say my name is Spider-Man before people start calling by it? Like are you doing this just to spite me? I’ll have you know I’ve done this multi universe stuff more then you have... cat thing or. Are you a cat?”

P PopcornPie

Last edited:
"What do you mean, 'Are you a cat'?!" Mao Mao's ears flattened. "See the whiskers? The ears? Just because I have no tail doesn't mean I'm not a cat! I can just as easily ask you if you're really a spider." Even though it was plain as day that he didn't look a thing like one. "You've been hobbling across the multiverse longer than we have? But, no offense, kid, you look pretty young, and we've been around for a while."

“Okay, I didn’t know if you had a tail or not. But yeah, a man by the name of the Kingpin tried messing with dimensions and nearly killed the space time continuum.” Miles continued.

“Then this guy called Dr. Doom came out of nowhere and scattered all these super heroes across all everywhere. my home is being protected by this clone of the original Spider-Man, but I’ve been here for who knows how long. I’m still helping people on the street, then one day I got this latter saying to join this place.”

Miles began to sound slightly down. “Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all.. but I still wish I was home with my family..”

P PopcornPie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back