thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
A roleplay set inside the Chronology Series.

See our Discord/Wiki for more info.

There's no need to post a character sheet for The Cape. Simply post and get started!

You all arrived the same way.

A message had arrived for you, whether it be through e-mail, postage, packaging, or even a mysterious text. A supposed "multiverse peacekeeping organization" calling themselves the "Multiverse Protection Foundation" had been accepting new applicants from all across the multiverse, and they wanted you to join them. Information was scarce on the subject matter, and the one thing they did tell you was to not share this information with absolutely anyone, under any circumstance. Whether it had been right away, or you had decided to think on the matter first, you ended up accepting the offer to join. You met at a disclosed location, whether it be an alleyway or in an abandoned factory, and there before your eyes stood a man waiting for you.

928a6851f70a074980e2d4f5f5d2f893b849afe4.jpg

"Agenet Phil Coulson, member of the Multiverse Protection Foundation," The man, who appeared to be pretty average in terms of build, height, facial structure... everything, really. "Come with me. Oh, and I'll take your luggage." He said with a firm nod as he took whatever belongings you brough with you in his hands. Before you could even ask him where exactly you were going, a blue portal opened up in front of the both of you. "Follow me." He said as he led you through the mysterious blue vortex.

S6RHwaC.png

As you all exited the portal, each of you would be met with a large facility of sorts. The facility was brimming with life, as various different creatures from many different worlds all operated alongside each other within the compound. "Welcome to The Cape. Previously known as The Avengers compound." He said with a nod as he began to walk around the facility, beckoning you to follow. "Come on, I'll give you the tour."

ga30tAr.jpg

"Here we have the main hallway. We're still renovating at the moment from the transition, so there's not much to do here just yet. I guess you could look around, though." He said with a shrug before continuing onwards.

SShd1MN.jpg

"Next, we have the lab. You'll usually find scientists like Mister Stark or Mister Sanchez working on some groundbreaking new invention here."

RIgF5Ch.jpg

"Next we have the armory. Here, you'll find various assortments of guns, knives, grenades, swords, bombs..." He paused and smiled, before nodding firmly. "Pretty much anything you need to kick some ass."

rec-room-and-man-cave.jpg

"Here we have the recreational room. We've got beer, pool, foosball, ping pong, videogames, any movie you want, any show you want, snacks, sodas, some of the comfiest couches in the entire multiverse, and even an indoor pool."

920x920.jpg

"This is the training room. Here we have a sparring ring in the middle, as well as several punching bags, dummies, weights, and shooting ranges for you to hone your skills."

8lvKM2a.jpg

"This here is our cafeteria. We have every food imaginable, from Lobster Thermidor to just an American Cheeseburger. We also have every drink imaginable as well, including an assortment of alcoholic beverages." He paused for a moment, before turning to look at you. "Though, don't abuse the privilege, please. Puke is very hard to clean up and, quite frankly, disgusting."

WDcZe1x.jpg

"Here you'll find the hangar and next to it the garage." Coulson explained after leading you all outside. "You have free permission from Director Fury himself to use these vehicles at your leisure, though do keep in mind that all weapons systems have been turned off for safety purposes." He said, before looking up at you once more. "Oh, and if you attempt to leave the premises with one of these vehicles, they have been fitted with special EMPs that detonate when they leaved the premises, which can only be disabled by Fury himself. If you attempt to do this, then your vehicle privileges will be indefinitely revoked. So, in other words..." He turned, giving you that same polite smile. "Don't try it."

BiGUyin.jpg

"Finally, we have the dorm rooms. These rooms have been decorated with California King Sized beds, fourty-inch 4K Ultra HD 3D TVs with surround sound, a minifridge, room service at your beck and call, as well as bathrooms, each with fully functioning toilets and showers, complete with separate bathtubs." He said with a nod, before reaching into his pocket and grabbing a key, before handing it to you. "You're free to decorate your room as you'd like, and each key has been made to fit your room and your room only. So please don't lose it." And with that, Coulson gave you one last nod. "If you have any questions, come to me. Otherwise, feel free to explore the facility at your leisure once you're settled in." And then, he left the building, leaving you to do just that.​

Last edited:
200px-Jak_and_Daxter.jpg

Jak- Blue
Daxter- Orange

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Jak, what's this "Multiverse Protection Foundation about"

Guess we'll find out, Dax. Looks like it's about joining a hero team. I can do that.

So another adventure, we just can't catch a break, can't we?

Jak smirks "Oh come on Dax, it will be fun. Besides we need another way to fill our time.

"Holy Shit, Jak. Look at this place! This cape place looks ten times bigger than our house back home."

Jak was just taking time to absorb the size of the place.

Mentions:
N/A
Team Myriad
"You're starting to piss me off with that Yo-Yo, Tandem!" Tayne growled, grabbing Tandem's strange weapon of choice to make him stop throwing tricks around like it's nobody's business. The Italian Swindler responded with a pout, glaring at the wise but easily irritable muscle before finally stopping his shenanigans and letting go of the Yo-Yo string while Hazel watched them both, just casually smiling while playing pool with herself since these two doesn't really wanna play a game with her because she might have some stupid tricks under her sleeve and cheat like always. They're in the recreational room, just chilling since they've got nothing better to do, planning to steal some of the items here for themselves but they wanted to have fun first, taking their time because they just wanted to rest here and steal something later and hope to God that Lady Luck doesn't fail Tandem and his crew when they try to thieve something.

Tandem wanted to meet some of the crew back at the "Tesseract Incident", wondering if they're still alive because it's been a couple of months, a lot of things can happen in that time and the two teammates of his were completely clueless to why they were invited in such a wonderful place, starting to believe Tandem's story about his adventure to get the cosmic cube with his interdimensional crew, maybe Tandem isn't bullshitting them this time which is a surprise because Tandem lies a lot, even when it's not needed and just makes up stories on the fly with no logic and reason, Tandem has a lying problem but Hazel and Tayne don't really mind because he tells the truth if they pressure him enough.

Tandem blew a raspberry at Tayne like he was eight years old before hopping on top of the couch but Tayne kept on leaning on the wall like a brooding edgelord. Hazel kept on playing Pool with herself, shaking her head at the sight of Tandem blowing a raspberry. What a silly manchild that he is.

[Open for Interaction]

Last edited:
Ciaran@ usernames here | With Umbra | At lab
Wc1fI6a.png
After the tour, Ciaran watched the strange man go, observing the curious way the fabric on his body moved. This place was... disappointingly low-tech. In fact, the Tenno was pretty sure everything here was pre-Orokin, which was extremely ancient. For a place that was supposed to be a 'multiverse protection agency', they were at a distinct disadvantage. If the girl so chose, she was pretty sure she could just activate Umbra's Exalted Blade ability and entirely decimate the place alone. If a team of four could take on armies clad in the most recent tech, a lone Tenno could easily overthrow a small, low-tech organization such as this one.

But of course that was assuming there weren't others here from other universes that could do the same. If that was the case, she'd wind up in a power struggle with them. So instead of acting violent, Ciaran decided she'd give the place a chance. Who knows - maybe they weren't as behind the times as they thought? Transferring out of Umbra, her preferred Warframe these days, Ciaran's body appeared in the space before the sentient Warframe, her basic transference suit making her footsteps quiet as she padded down the halls. Nothing about this place had truly caught her attention other than the mention of a lab, and the Tenno made her way back along the halls towards it, trusting Umbra to follow along obediently behind her.

Stepping through the door, she began looking around for the aforementioned Stark or Sanchez, eyes scanned the projects on the tables and hands grasping themselves behind her back to keep herself from inspecting them with curiosity. Her amp had been neatly folded back onto her right forearm, snapped into place so it wouldn't swing forwards to hit anything. "Hello?" she called out, uncertain if anyone here spoke her language or not.

McGillis Fareed

"I don't recall being killed. I don't even recall who it was that killed me." McGillis said, to the strange doctor person in front of him. "However, since you did ask for my help, I will do my best to meet your expectations. Tell me, is my Gundam or Valkyria here?" He would be informed that they both were. McGillis smiled, before heading into the sub level of the hangar, which held all the high tech mobile weapons such as mobile workers and grazes. "I'll practice for a bit using my Grimgerde. If anyone is interested in a sparring match, they are welcome to do so."

McGillis would take the elevator up to where the cockpits were, before he walked towards one MS that he was proud to see again. "It's been a long time hasn't it?" He spoke to the Machine in front of him.

(Open for interaction)

cooltext326552880453035.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Psycho, why the hell did you drag me all the way down to this place for?

The solider frowned "Look, Prophet.. I decided to stay here on and off to help with issues here. Turns out this Zant could destroy any of our verses and it might-

"I heard earlier. Turns out the whole adventure got recorded on our Nanosuit."

"Come on, Prophet, wait- what?!"

He turned toward the training room, come on Psycho, let's talk in the training room.

latest

Sean 0' Neil

The fighter pilot decided to pop in for the ride as he placed a surprise hand on Psycho's nanosuit.

"Sean! What the- hell are you doing here?"

Prophet turned "I'd wonder the same thing."

"Psycho! Man, damn it's good to see you again. I don't know how long I've been searching for you.

[Open for Interaction]

@Training room- Anyone Anyone , Sleek Sleek

Last edited:

Spartan Red Team
Unlike most of the people who came with Coulson, Spartan Red Team was much more familiar with The Cape. After the "Tesseract Incident", Jerome-092, leader of Red Team, stayed behind with Fury. From there, Jerome and Fury organized an effort to make steps towards incorporating the UNSC into the newly coined MPU. As it stood, the only major UNSC presence Jerome had access to was the UNSC Spirit of Fire. With SHIELD's help, the humans were able to wipe out the Banished on the Ark. Ever since then, the Spirit had been used as a mobile base of sorts, used to machine weapons, armor, and materiels in exchange for SHIELD's help.

Today, Red Team was part of that agreement. Jerome-092, Douglas-042, and Alice-130 were sent to The Cape to assist in any further incidents.
After their arrival, they made for the Bunks. They already had gear stashed here in the Armory, and after a quick stop there, they headed onto the Training Room.

Jerome spoke up when he entered, seeing Psycho. The Spartan felt like Psycho had become the closest thing to a friend during the incident, and was glad to see him again. Alice sized up the men in suits, even the one in just fatigues. Nothing special, and certainly not on the level of that bastard Atriox. Douglas, keeping his rocket launcher holstered, even gave them a cordial Spartan greeting, of which was just a slight nod of the head.

"It's good to see you Psycho."

Jerome said.

"This is Red team. Alice-130-"

Alice nodded.

"And Douglas-042."

Douglas didn't do much else, though he greeted Raptor team.

"Hello."

darkred darkred @trainingroom

Mercury

You arrive... in an alley way... Mercury. You are Mercury. A divine, intergalactic, celestial being. You had been called here on a matter that you were an expert on. Multiverses and alternate realities. It was the part of your job you took the most pride in. You sigh, waiting... before a man appears.... you silently stare, as if saying hello... In reality you didn’t CARE. All you had with you was your precious.. irreplaceable.. pocketwatch. It may look like nothing, but you held it in your hand as if it were the most precious thing ever. Because it.. HE was to you... you’re lovely little watch... you could never replace him....

But the moment a bright, blue vortex opens... you look pale, almost sick looking, as you walk through, fixating your gaze on it.... you shake the feeling off as you step through the other side... fearing the worst... but you couldn’t show weakness, not in front of inferiors!!

You try to... pay as little attention as possible during the tour... you had your head high, proudly, and you’d nod at everything Agent Phil had to say as if you WERE listening... but you couldn’t get your mind off of the blue portal... oh well... you were sure it didn’t mean anything...

You occasionally glance at the others, a group of three beings that appeared to be humans, and.. a skeleton... an odd group of people to meet for an occasion and setting like this, though you were sure there would be more of them.. you give almost intimidating, patronizing glances to them, even though you’re what, 4 and a half feet tall?? And look like a child?? Yeah great combo...

Finally you get to the dorms... you take your key, and inspect it, before going into your assigned one... hmm... it was nice... about as nice as your own home you had on earth... and similar to the base on your planet... you lock the door, and lean on it, still fixated a bit on the blue portal... surely they... didn’t have it... did they...? No... no it couldn’t be... not these inferior earthly beings... you’re sure it was a coincidence... you take out your pocket watch and lift the cover on it.

“Set the coordinates for... here... the time, and place will be important... if anything goes wrong...”

The face of the pocket watch seemingly lights up, and the hands begin spinning at a faster rate before stopping again in the proper position... well then...

You fix the collar of your purple uniform coat and walk out of your room again, slipping the key into your pocket, and decide to try the recreational room... you haven’t really enjoyed yourself in a while, what with all the work you do..

You see the group of those three humans again.. and stand, leaning on the doorway and inspecting them from there, with that patronizing glance again... perhaps they’d be a good group to get on good terms with...

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Chungchangching Chungchangching T The Man With No Name @RecreationRoom
Open for interaction

Last edited:
Ciaran@ usernames here | With Umbra | At lab
Wc1fI6a.png
After the tour, Ciaran watched the strange man go, observing the curious way the fabric on his body moved. This place was... disappointingly low-tech. In fact, the Tenno was pretty sure everything here was pre-Orokin, which was extremely ancient. For a place that was supposed to be a 'multiverse protection agency', they were at a distinct disadvantage. If the girl so chose, she was pretty sure she could just activate Umbra's Exalted Blade ability and entirely decimate the place alone. If a team of four could take on armies clad in the most recent tech, a lone Tenno could easily overthrow a small, low-tech organization such as this one.

But of course that was assuming there weren't others here from other universes that could do the same. If that was the case, she'd wind up in a power struggle with them. So instead of acting violent, Ciaran decided she'd give the place a chance. Who knows - maybe they weren't as behind the times as they thought? Transferring out of Umbra, her preferred Warframe these days, Ciaran's body appeared in the space before the sentient Warframe, her basic transference suit making her footsteps quiet as she padded down the halls. Nothing about this place had truly caught her attention other than the mention of a lab, and the Tenno made her way back along the halls towards it, trusting Umbra to follow along obediently behind her.

Stepping through the door, she began looking around for the aforementioned Stark or Sanchez, eyes scanned the projects on the tables and hands grasping themselves behind her back to keep herself from inspecting them with curiosity. Her amp had been neatly folded back onto her right forearm, snapped into place so it wouldn't swing forwards to hit anything. "Hello?" she called out, uncertain if anyone here spoke her language or not.
Stepping through the door to the lab, Ciaran would certainly find one of the aforementioned scientists. That one being, of course, Sanchez.

1514566776.jpg

"Yeah? Whaaaaa--urp--aaat the hell do ya want?" The tall, blue haired, balding scientist said as he approached the woman. A strange, green liquid ran from the bottom from his mouth and down onto his chin, and coincidentally he held a flash in his hand as he spoke to her. The man took a sip of it before she could even respond to him, and judging from his attitude, he was ever hungover, drunk, or just in a generally pissy mood.

Noivian Noivian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as Psycho was about to talk to his old friend, another friend popped up themselves. Jerome and his team.

Psycho, Prophet and O'Neil turned toward the armored soldiers.

Psycho turned toward the Spartan Red team and nodded

"This is Raptor team, quite a lot of our members were MIA during the Cyph fight earlier."

"Over here's Prophet, and this is O'neil, a friend of mine."

Prophet turned toward the Spartan team and nodded

"Douglas, Alice, hello."

O- Neil was a little quiet at first but held out his hand

"Hello."

Psycho nodded back at Jerome "Glad to see you again as well."

Oddly Prophet here said that our adventures were somehow tracked back to the nanosuits back home.

"It's complicated, Psycho. Don't want to explain it right now."

@Trainingroom- Sleek Sleek darkred darkred

[Open for Interaction]

SPARK-01, designation Praetorian
Actions: Investigating Garage
It was such a short time.
It wasn't even a day before Praetorian returned from that... realm. Cobblepot. Zant. Praetorian's databanks had everything logged.
And now, Praetorian was back. But this was different. This wasn't a freak accident this time. No, after the report Praetorian gave the XCOM Commander, the Commander immediately received a message some time after Praetorian left for maintenance.
It would seem that this Nick Fury was recruiting. The Commander's response was swift.
Praetorian was perfect for the job. It had already sort of served with SHIELD, and perhaps sending Praetorian to serve with this M.P.F. would hopefully establish trust or something. And as such, here Praetorian was, listening to what the man had to say.
Praetorian turned to the side, and took note of a XCOM Sharpshooter standing at its side. For some reason XCOM chose to send a Sharpshooter as well. Praetorian didn't know him much-perhaps later? (aka ill start posting for this guy next post)
For now, however, Praetorian headed off to the Garage. It was quite interested in what could be there.

(Open for interaction)​

"Jerome!"

A powerful, commanding voice rang out as Jerome, Psycho, and Jerome's team surrounded themselves in the facility. A voice which reeked of authority and high stature, almost as much so as Nick Fury himself. The voice was none other than Jerome's commander in the M.P.F.'s agency.

AhsT2IU.png

Winter Schnee, former Specialist of the Atlas military's Special Ops unit, approached Jerome with her hands cupped behind her back as always. She always had such a stern. authoritative attitude about her, one could wonder if she even knew how to smile. She lacked the dry wit that Fury had, opting for the more stern and direct approach to things all the time. Of course, abandoning her duties in Atlas wasn't an easy decision, but after seeing how the rest of the military were handling things and the ever looming threat of Zant, something Winter was made quite aware of thanks to one Blake Belladonna, Winter had decided it best to list with the MPF instead. It didn't take long for Winter to rise in the ranks of the organization, either, and before she knew it she led her own squad. Specifically the one Jerome-092 was in. Of course, Jerome's loyalty ultimately lied with the UNSC, but as far as M.P.F. matters were concerned, Jerome answered to her.

With the grace of a trained ballerina, Winter stepped over to Jerome and his comrades, the glare in her eye unfaltering. "I take it that these are from your squad in your home world?" She asked, though of course she already knew the answer.

Sleek Sleek darkred darkred

Last edited:
[div style=border: 6px double #FF7F50]
Penelope Uley walked, almost silently, around the base, her super human hearing picking up conversations being had here and there. It was interesting, for sure, the wide array of characters that the Multiverse Protective Foundation had brought in. The woman felt a bit out of place, not quite strange enough to be here. Which was quite the difference in her every day life. The Native American woman peaked her head around each corner before she actually turned it. She wasn't sneaking about, but she wasn't fully comfortable not knowing who else was here. Back at home, everyone had grown up on the reservation together. By the time they had phased, the pack all knew each other's most embarrassing childhood moments...Here...that kind of familiar bond didn't exist. She was fighting with strangers and she really did not like that idea or how it felt in her gut. Penelope looked around another corner to find that she was peering into the lab that Agent Coulson had shown her on the tour. There was a young woman there, as well as a much older man who smelled sickeningly of alcohol and more things than she could ever imagine a man could smell...She remained quiet, peering between the two beings.

Penelope Uley
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: Agent Coulson, Rick Sanchez ( thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore ), and Ciaran ( Noivian Noivian )
Color: #FF7F50
[/div]

SPARK-01, designation Praetorian
Actions: Investigating Garage
It was such a short time.
It wasn't even a day before Praetorian returned from that... realm. Cobblepot. Zant. Praetorian's databanks had everything logged.
And now, Praetorian was back. But this was different. This wasn't a freak accident this time. No, after the report Praetorian gave the XCOM Commander, the Commander immediately received a message some time after Praetorian left for maintenance.
It would seem that this Nick Fury was recruiting. The Commander's response was swift.
Praetorian was perfect for the job. It had already sort of served with SHIELD, and perhaps sending Praetorian to serve with this M.P.F. would hopefully establish trust or something. And as such, here Praetorian was, listening to what the man had to say.
Praetorian turned to the side, and took note of a XCOM Sharpshooter standing at its side. For some reason XCOM chose to send a Sharpshooter as well. Praetorian didn't know him much-perhaps later? (aka ill start posting for this guy next post)
For now, however, Praetorian headed off to the Garage. It was quite interested in what could be there.

(Open for interaction)​
Praetorian would find about what Coulson had described as he went into the garage. Various tricked out cars, bikes, and even some tanks were laid about in the massive area. As the XCOM unit looked around, a blonde man with a cigarette dangling out the corner of his mouth would approach him.

bardroy--2.8.jpg

"Oi. Ya lookin' for somethin' mate?" The man asked in a thick British accent as he approached Praetorian, not at all put off by his appearance,

GearBlade654 GearBlade654

As Penelope was walking on her lonesome in the hallway, she would feel a finger tap on her shoulder as well as a POP! sound come up from behind her. Turning around, she would find another female, this one blonde, chewing on some bubblegum, and she appeared to have a bit of blood on her outfit.

d8vrseh-ab850ad7-c61f-4093-92da-5fceec39ef4f.png

"Yo," She said with a slight upwards flick of her head, before blowing a large bubble with the aforementioned gum. The bubble simply grew, until it eventually popped, to which the girl just began chewing on it some more with her back teeth. "You lost? Or do ya just enjoy creepin' around like this?"

Nightwisher Nightwisher

Spartan Red Team
Jerome was about to reply to Psycho, when his C.O. appeared. By this time, Alice had deposited her machine gun turret at the armory, and she was back at the group. Jerome, and his team, knew the drill

"Officer on deck!"

Jerome, Douglas, and Alice, in unison, stood to attention, and snapped a crisp salute. Each member of the team was literally raised to be soldiers, and felt right at home under Winter's harsh gaze. Mendez was just as stern, if not worse, towards the group as six-year-olds.

"Alice one-three-zero, reporting for duty!"

Alice barked out

"Douglas zero-four-two, reporting in!"

Douglas followed.

Jerome didn't say anything else.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore darkred darkred

[div style=border: 6px double #FF7F50]
Penelope turned, surprised that someone had been able to sneak up on her. She must have been too engrossed in the others. The Quileute girl shrugged. "I'm not creeping." She murmured, as if it answered the woman's question. Her brown eyes trailed over the woman. She was attractive, to say the least, but there was something off about her at Penelope didn't really like. Maybe it was the blood, reminded her of the vampires that the wolf pack hunted. Luckily enough though, this woman didn't have the same sickeningly sweet scent that those ticks did.

Even though there was a decent amount of space between the two women, it was possible that the blonde would be able to feel the intense heat that radiated off of the Native's skin. Most of the pack, once they phased, cut off their long hair to fight against the heat. Penelope enjoyed the look of long hair too much, so she kept it in two braids most of the time. She did, however, take to wearing skimpier clothes to fight off the heat, such as crop tops and tank tops, and shorts. Currently, Penelope was wearing a light pink, laced crop top with dark jean, laced shorts. A bit more fashionable than most of the other pack, but she enjoyed looking her absolute best. Plus it was fun to hear the other pack members drooling over her when they were in their wolf forms. Another perk of the skimpy clothes, however, was that it showed off the tattoo that the woman had on her shoulder.

Penelope Uley
Interactions: Cassie Cage ( thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore )
Mentions: N/A
Color: #FF7F50
[/div]

SPARK-001, designation PraetorianKostya "Deadbolt" Novikov
Actions: Greeting new personActions: Greeting new person, admiring Garage
If Praetorian was surprised, he didn't show it. The SPARK turned around to face the newcomer.
"Greetings. I am SPARK-001, designation Praetorian. May I help you?"
Upon hearing what the man had to say, Praetorian realized it really wasn't looking for anything. It was just looking around.
"I am not searching for anything in particular. I am here as my CPU chose to simply head to the garage."
"However, I am not alone this time, as I have an ally. Sergeant Novikov?"

The man who was trailing Praetorian around nodded, and massaged his left shoulder.
"Kostya's fine, Praetorian."
The XCOM Sharpshooter turned and nodded towards the man.
"Name's Kostya Novikov. XCOM Sharpshooter. Also just taking a look around. Your name?"
Asides from the current conversation, Novikov was mentally admiring the vehicles in the garage. If his eye wasn't mistaken, those vehicles were pretty well maintained from first glance in Novikov's eyes.

Prophet already knew how serious the situation was as he already physically stiffened his body, holding his tongue until he was spoken too. Psycho followed suit as his eyes moved to his homeworld friend, O'Neil. He was stiff as well.

All of them held their tongue as they were silent until spoken to.

@Traningroom- Sleek Sleek (Spartan Red Team)
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
"At ease, soldiers." Winter said with a curt nod, that same stern visage radiating through her eyes and her icy glare. Once they did so, Winter looked at the group of Special Operative units before her. "You all have respect. I like that." She said as she slowly made her way towards the sparring ring in the middle of the room, slowly reaching for her sword as she did so. "However, respect means nothing if you cannot harness any power in the heat of battle. Which is why I came down here." She said, glaring at each one of the soldiers. "Two of you will face me here, in the ring. If either of you manage to best me, you win. Either you get me out of the ring, or pin me to the ground for more than five seconds. It's as simple as that." She explained, before looking towards the two groups. "I want one from each group to face me. Decide among yourselves whoever it may be."

Sleek Sleek darkred darkred

"Uh huh.. right." Cassie replied, one of her hands moving downwards to be placed firmly on her hip as she continued to loudly smack and chew her gum. After blowing another quick bubble, brought her free hand up to her shades. Curling a finger around the middle, she cocked her head forward and peeked at Penelope from that position, all while chewing on that bubblegum of her's. "Y'know, I don't think that outfit's proper uniform." She said in a dry, though clearly joking tone of voice as she glanced over the other's... revealing clothing.

Nightwisher Nightwisher

bardroy-black-butler-0.6.jpg

"Name's Bardroy," The blonde replied as he awkwardly scratched at the back of his head. In all truthfulness, having come from the early 1900's, the man really still wasn't all that accustomed to the fancy new cars and robots and all those crazy modern gizmos they have. However, that was in appearance alone, as the man apparently had a knack for mechanics and the like, which ultimately led to him being assigned as the designated mechanic. Praetorian, however, was a whole other level of machinery for him. Turning to Kostya, the man raised a brow. "Say, did ya build this bloke yourself?" He asked.

GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Spartan Red Team
The Spartans looked to each other, and after a series of what only looked like small movements of the shoulders, almost imperceptible nods of the head, and a clenched fist, one of the Spartans moved up.

"I'll go."

Alice said, grinning. Normally it took a trainer in full Mark-I exosuit armor to even have a chance, and an unarmored Spartan could dent their armor easily. She had full confidence that she could win, and moved up to the ring, jumping over the ropes and landing in the middle. The rest of her team moved to the side, watching silently and without any sort of cheering.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore darkred darkred

At turn, the three of the Raptor team turned, waiting for Jerome's C.O to release them from position.

As soon as it was safe to move, Winter told everyone that they had to choose from the group they had to fight the woman.

They looked at everyone within the group "Who should go out of us? This leaves me and Prophet out of the available fighters.

"So, Major, who should go, sir?"

O'Neil frowned "With all due respect, I-

No, O'Neil, you know what happened last time.

Psycho frowned, looking at Prophet.

"You want to fight, go then, Psycho."

Prophet kept a sharp eye on O'Neil while Mike took the time to push himself over the ropes and stood in the middle.

O' Neil crossed his arms and watched the other man go for it.

"Prophet, why didn't you go?"

"He wanted to fight, let him."

Sleek Sleek (Spartan Red team)
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore - (Winter Schnee)

SPARK-001, designation PraetorianKostya "Deadbolt" Novikov
Actions: Meandering aroundActions: Explaining
"Not quite."
"Praetorian here's a marvel of engineering. Servos, chassis made out of alloys stolen from our alien invaders, and powered by something we're calling Elerium. Stuff we occasionally from aforementioned alien invaders, it makes for one helluva power source. Also provides a kick when you put it in coffee."
"Also has one of the most advanced AI I know. It's capable of learning new combat abilities just from experience-"

At this point, Praetorian was distracted by a tank and wandered off to look at it closer.
Novikov took a sigh as he turned and realized that the machine had wandered off.
"...most advanced AI indeed."
"Anyways. Praetorian carries an Elerium Phase-Cannon. That thing packs one hell of a punch. There's also a drone that follows it."
"See that basketball looking thing hovering over it?"
Novikov pointed at the BIT.
"It can hack systems, launch a one shot guided rocket that packs a wallop, and it could make Praetorian invisible with a little tech magic."
"The third part doesn't work anymore for some reason though."
"As for me, I just have a magnetic sniper rifle and pistol, nothing much. And a flashbang, if that counts. The only really advanced gadget I carry is what command calls a Mimic Beacon: apparently the aliens from our world can't resist shooting the hologram it makes. Not sure if it works here."​

Users who are viewing this thread