• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

Alison smirked.
"If the watcher want to wage war against the Adventurers, they can be destroyed too. My master did the work of 2 Gods, his wife gifted the power of the epic sword Light Bringer, the fastest warrior in the country doing the work of a goddess. Their partners possessing the strength of Hercules himself, the other the High Prophet of an entire race. They took down 2 gods, a culmination of both. My master's son and Ethan using only the citizens of a single city, held off an endless demon army long enough for the group to slay the beast."
She stepped closer to him. "To you watchers, I say bring it. I'm trained by the best of the best."
Alison was gonna let him go until he told them they'd be targets of the watchers. Now things got serious. "What type of magic do you watchers typically use in battle?"

Ari knew about their existence now, so he'd be on his guard for now on and ready to kill any more watchers who dare spy.
BackSet BackSet
Birdsie Birdsie

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Geez, where's Elaina or Talindra when you need them," Ari muttered as he tried and failed to read the elven words on some of the ingredients. Talindra was his late wife who died from a curse. She was an elf, which made their kids halflings. However, Elaina was the only one who learned to speak the language. Ari and Noam didn't even attempt to.

"Nala, being me the ingredients from the manor. I'm not making breakfast with THEIR ingredients. That's rude."

Nala came flying in minutes later with the ingredients. Ari grabbed the things from the kids, then hoisted them down. Filling a pot with water, then a bowl with water and mix, he handed the bowl to Scarlet. "Scarlet, mix this as hard as you can. Don't make a mess." He put the pot on the floor next to Tyler, as it would be too heavy to carry full of water. He put a bunch of spices on the ground next to him. "Tyler, put some of all these spices in the pot, then stir. Don't spill the water."

He then grabbed some beef that Nala brought and started slashing it at lightning speed
P Paint The Wind
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Arabelle had followed Ari inside and smiled at the sounds of the kiddos helping him cook. She just stood back and listened cheerfully, but she was still worried about Tyr. She just let Bailey deal with it, she knew something had happened but she didn’t know what. “Ari, is there anything at all I can help with?”

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Geez, where's Elaina or Talindra when you need them," Ari muttered as he tried and failed to read the elven words on some of the ingredients. Talindra was his late wife who died from a curse. She was an elf, which made their kids halflings. However, Elaina was the only one who learned to speak the language. Ari and Noam didn't even attempt to.

"Nala, being me the ingredients from the manor. I'm not making breakfast with THEIR ingredients. That's rude."

Nala came flying in minutes later with the ingredients. Ari grabbed the things from the kids, then hoisted them down. Filling a pot with water, then a bowl with water and mix, he handed the bowl to Scarlet. "Scarlet, mix this as hard as you can. Don't make a mess." He put the pot on the floor next to Tyler, as it would be too heavy to carry full of water. He put a bunch of spices on the ground next to him. "Tyler, put some of all these spices in the pot, then stir. Don't spill the water."

He then grabbed some beef that Nala brought and started slashing it at lightning speed
P Paint The Wind
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Hard as you can, Scarlett can do that. Not making a mess is the challenge. Some of the mix ended up on her, a bit on the floor, and for some reason, on Toby, who was off in the corner. Speaking of the dog, he now had three legs and one eye, but was still going strong despite his old age; but a majority was left in the bowl. Anyway, Tyler was better behaved, and was carefully doing what Ari asked without spilling any of the water. Well, there was a bit if water spilled because Scarlett tried to mess him up, but no more than a few drops.

"I can't say anything for my lord, but I, personally will take you up on that deal," Mithras agreed. More complications were unwelcome, but sometimes, only by making the web of problems bigger can you unravel it all.

And then, Mithras heard Alison boasting about the things Ari went through. He turned to her with a serious, but polished look. "While I haven't the smallest doubt about Mr. Waesmor's talents, with the same for you – I would not be so smug. Even a master warrior can die from one, unlucky spider bite. A grown, human being... dead because of an unnoticeable insect. Pride is good when measured right. The word we're looking at here is hubris."

BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

She looked at him dead set and held the Gaze. It was seriousness in every sense of the word. Smugness didn't mean lack of skill or attention to detail. Knowing Ari taught her that much. "There's no such thing as unluck, Mithras. Only carelessness that you didn't have an antidote on hand in case of poison. Hubris is thinking you could've killed it no issue then died due to carelessness." Ari only said it in passing, but Alison already passed Ari's test. She took a hardcore stance when it came to the ways of the world. The existence of luck seemed too faith based and optimistic. No excuse for forgetting something that's lifesaving. "Preaching what I can't practice would be very careless of me, so why would I do that?" She tapped his nose teasingly with a sly smile, then turned back to Theseus, but really addressed them both. "What do you know of the Watcher's battle capabilities?"

Alison obviously had 2 sides to her if he didn't notice. The nice maid side that came from her years of forced subservitude and Ari's maid training, and the warrior killer side that came from all her training from both Ari, Arabelle, and the 10 or so mentors in Close Combat. The only time she got like this was when the rules of the house were violated. It was like she lived the maid lifestyle, as if her job wasn't just some job done for pay. Violating the safety rules were like messing with her entire life.

Hard as you can, Scarlett can do that. Not making a mess is the challenge. Some of the mix ended up on her, a bit on the floor, and for some reason, on Toby, who was off in the corner. Speaking of the dog, he now had three legs and one eye, but was still going strong despite his old age; but a majority was left in the bowl. Anyway, Tyler was better behaved, and was carefully doing what Ari asked without spilling any of the water. Well, there was a bit if water spilled because Scarlett tried to mess him up, but no more than a few drops.
Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Huh," Ari scoffed. Nowhere near the mess typically made at his house. Relatively neat. Bailey must be teaching them to cook and doing it more often than Ari did. The kids helped Ari every time Ari cooked, but Ari didn't cook every day. The maids did it when Ari didn't feel like it, which was rare, or was too busy, which was most of the times he didn't cook. He had assassinations or clientele to teach or kids to be taken care of that may require his presence specifically

"Alright, time to make some flames." Fire came to the edge of his staff and he shot a weak fireball to start the stove. He put the pot on the stove and took the mix to a muffin tin. "Now Scarlet. You could get messy here, but put the blueberries in the muffin sections. 4 each. Don't squeeze too hard." He gave her a basket of cool blueberries.

He sat Tyler on the counter. "Tyler, you'll add the ingredients to the water. We're doing a fancy soup, so listen closely when I tell you." He'd break it down to kid language. He called out a few and pointed to them

"Let's go."

Arabelle had followed Ari inside and smiled at the sounds of the kiddos helping him cook. She just stood back and listened cheerfully, but she was still worried about Tyr. She just let Bailey deal with it, she knew something had happened but she didn’t know what. “Ari, is there anything at all I can help with?”
He looked at her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her in the kitchen. "Nala put a bunch of fruit in the fridge. Can you make the drinks? Beverages make the meal, and you make the best everything."

"No such thing as unluck?" Mithras sneered, almost laughing. He put on that 'contemptuous, self-confident smile.' "I know more than a few curses. One incantation, a few bets, and I'll prove you wrong."

Mithras paused for a moment. His sneer disappeared. Alison tapped his nose. Mithras put on a grimace, like that of a child who doesn't want to eat his oatmeal. "Of course, I don't disagree with your policy entirely. But even when you have the antidote, who knows when the bottle might just slip out of your hand? The universe is cold and hates us. It is full of unexpected death and tragedies on every corner. Being careful is good and all... but a little luck never hurt anyone."

After that, he returned to Theseus. Alison asked the question on her own, so he merely stood there and looked as intimidating as a paladin with no helmet could look.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 BackSet BackSet

"What, no suprise at my offer?" Theo asked. "I was expecting some sort of questioning. Maybe calling my "bluff."" Theo made air quotes when he said it, indicating that it certainly wasn't a bluff. At the question of the Watcher's combat abilities Theo thought for a second. There was only one possibility as to who would be sent after the heroes and they would not be easy to fight. The good news was that, while Theo was not good at combat, he had memorized the combat patterns of many watchers. After some more thinking Theo spoke. "There are many options for who they could send after you." Theo said. "I could not, of course, memorize them all. However the most likely watchers they'll send after you are known as the twins. Sara and Sam. That's their names. They are masters of Ariel combat, specifically against foes who are stuck on the ground. Thus, if you can get them to the ground and make sure they stay there you can beat the stuffing out of them no problem. Of course you'd have to spot them and see through their illusions first but that shouldn't be a problem if I'm with you. I've been training for years to see through other watcher's illusions."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Huh," Ari scoffed. Nowhere near the mess typically made at his house. Relatively neat. Bailey must be teaching them to cook and doing it more often than Ari did. The kids helped Ari every time Ari cooked, but Ari didn't cook every day. The maids did it when Ari didn't feel like it, which was rare, or was too busy, which was most of the times he didn't cook. He had assassinations or clientele to teach or kids to be taken care of that may require his presence specifically

"Alright, time to make some flames." Fire came to the edge of his staff and he shot a weak fireball to start the stove. He put the pot on the stove and took the mix to a muffin tin. "Now Scarlet. You could get messy here, but put the blueberries in the muffin sections. 4 each. Don't squeeze too hard." He gave her a basket of cool blueberries.

He sat Tyler on the counter. "Tyler, you'll add the ingredients to the water. We're doing a fancy soup, so listen closely when I tell you." He'd break it down to kid language. He called out a few and pointed to them

"Let's go."

He looked at her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her in the kitchen. "Nala put a bunch of fruit in the fridge. Can you make the drinks? Beverages make the meal, and you make the best everything."
Scarlett, while she listened to Ari, snuck a few of the blueberries. Infact, both of the twins did until Alex appeared behind them and flicked the backs of their heads. Scarlett made sure that the blueberries were relatively smile shape by adding an extra small blueberry to each muffin. She liked smiles, and putting then in food, so Bailey often let her do it when ever they bakes together. Tyler was better at following directions.

Siegbert ignored the coat bit and was waiting by the door. "It's not cold out, why would I need a coat?" Siegbert asked obviously confused. Well for him it wasn't cold but that's what red dragon blood does to you. Never cold, always warm or freaking hot. He had yet to fully understand his Mothers needs and the like.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

She looked at him dead set and held the Gaze. It was seriousness in every sense of the word. Smugness didn't mean lack of skill or attention to detail. Knowing Ari taught her that much. "There's no such thing as unluck, Mithras. Only carelessness that you didn't have an antidote on hand in case of poison. Hubris is thinking you could've killed it no issue then died due to carelessness." Ari only said it in passing, but Alison already passed Ari's test. She took a hardcore stance when it came to the ways of the world. The existence of luck seemed too faith based and optimistic. No excuse for forgetting something that's lifesaving. "Preaching what I can't practice would be very careless of me, so why would I do that?" She tapped his nose teasingly with a sly smile, then turned back to Theseus, but really addressed them both. "What do you know of the Watcher's battle capabilities?"

Alison obviously had 2 sides to her if he didn't notice. The nice maid side that came from her years of forced subservitude and Ari's maid training, and the warrior killer side that came from all her training from both Ari, Arabelle, and the 10 or so mentors in Close Combat. The only time she got like this was when the rules of the house were violated. It was like she lived the maid lifestyle, as if her job wasn't just some job done for pay. Violating the safety rules were like messing with her entire life.

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Let's go."

Arabelle chuckled. “That’s a lie, but sure.” She opened the fridge and took out fruits and began to work with them and blend them into smoothies. She was humming softly and being very careful so she wouldn’t hurt herself.

Her heart sank as he called himself useless, shameful, and a disgrace. "Oh Tyr..." She said softly, walking around to the front of him. She gently placed her hands on either side of of his head, then gently kissed the top of his head. "You most certainly are not. Ari can handle himself, didn't have to help him." To be honset, Bailey isn't sure if she would have helped Ari, he's capable enough on his own. "Tyr, it's okay," She added softly, gently kissing the top of his head again.
"You would be better off without me, Bailey." He wept into his hands, before hugging his wife tightly, and sobbing into her chest. Something was not right with Tyr. Something had made him this emotional. But whatever it was, had hit him hard.
"I'm just a waste of space.. I should have never been born.."

"No such thing as unluck?" Mithras sneered, almost laughing. He put on that 'contemptuous, self-confident smile.' "I know more than a few curses. One incantation, a few bets, and I'll prove you wrong."

Mithras paused for a moment. His sneer disappeared. Alison tapped his nose. Mithras put on a grimace, like that of a child who doesn't want to eat his oatmeal. "Of course, I don't disagree with your policy entirely. But even when you have the antidote, who knows when the bottle might just slip out of your hand? The universe is cold and hates us. It is full of unexpected death and tragedies on every corner. Being careful is good and all... but a little luck never hurt anyone."

After that, he returned to Theseus. Alison asked the question on her own, so he merely stood there and looked as intimidating as a paladin with no helmet could look.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 BackSet BackSet
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

Alison was gonna address his points, but Theseus started talking again. "Neither me nor my master have problems getting and staying off the ground, if only temporary." Everyone knew Ari's method, but only Ari knew her method. At least for now. "Still though, harpies basically..... How annoying. Send them and we'll rip their wings off." She sighed. She was growing weary of this conversation, and just wanted to get back to work.

"Mithras, you got this. Just make sure to have a report ready for my master about this when he returns. He'll expect one." Alison sighed again and put her mace back on the wall. She flicked her hair and went back to maid mode. There was a big mess to clean up. Lexi was enormous and some of the house service were holding things when the alarm was sound.
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet

Scarlett, while she listened to Ari, snuck a few of the blueberries. Infact, both of the twins did until Alex appeared behind them and flicked the backs of their heads. Scarlett made sure that the blueberries were relatively smile shape by adding an extra small blueberry to each muffin. She liked smiles, and putting then in food, so Bailey often let her do it when ever they bakes together. Tyler was better at following directions.
Arabelle chuckled. “That’s a lie, but sure.” She opened the fridge and took out fruits and began to work with them and blend them into smoothies. She was humming softly and being very careful so she wouldn’t hurt herself.

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"It's true" Ari said to her, not touching her this time because it'd take a minute to reorient herself to make the drinks. Plus, he had two 5-year-olds near hot water and a burning stove. "Even your ice water is the best. Without a good drink, no meal is worth eating. That's why in restaurants, waiters ask for your drink first."

He looked back to see blueberry on the kids' faces. "Oi, those things are limited and expensive. Luckily they're done and they look great. Nice work, Scarlett."
He then looked into the pot and everything was there. "Nice work, but we're not done yet." Out came more meat. Meat to be made into either bacon or sausage. "Premium fuel to fight the commies..... Or power hungry dictators." He said with a chuckle. He picked up Scarlett and handed her the knife. He actually held her while she held it so she doesn't skin the dog. "Now raise your hand up and slam it down on the meat." This was probably not approved, but Ari was a dagger expert. They were in good hands and no other supervision.

The pot was simmering nicely. Ari gave Tyler a pitchfork. "Now try to stab a piece of meat so we can check if it's done."

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

Alison was gonna address his points, but Theseus started talking again. "Neither me nor my master have problems getting and staying off the ground, if only temporary." Everyone knew Ari's method, but only Ari knew her method. At least for now. "Still though, harpies basically..... How annoying. Send them and we'll rip their wings off." She sighed. She was growing weary of this conversation, and just wanted to get back to work.

"Mithras, you got this. Just make sure to have a report ready for my master about this when he returns. He'll expect one." Alison sighed again and put her mace back on the wall. She flicked her hair and went back to maid mode. There was a big mess to clean up. Lexi was enormous and some of the house service were holding things when the alarm was sound.
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"It's true" Ari said to her, not touching her this time because it'd take a minute to reorient herself to make the drinks. Plus, he had two 5-year-olds near hot water and a burning stove. "Even your ice water is the best. Without a good drink, no meal is worth eating. That's why in restaurants, waiters ask for your drink first."

He looked back to see blueberry on the kids' faces. "Oi, those things are limited and expensive. Luckily they're done and they look great. Nice work, Scarlett."
He then looked into the pot and everything was there. "Nice work, but we're not done yet." Out came more meat. Meat to be made into either bacon or sausage. "Premium fuel to fight the commies..... Or power hungry dictators." He said with a chuckle. He picked up Scarlett and handed her the knife. He actually held her while she held it so she doesn't skin the dog. "Now raise your hand up and slam it down on the meat." This was probably not approved, but Ari was a dagger expert. They were in good hands and no other supervision.

The pot was simmering nicely. Ari gave Tyler a pitchfork. "Now try to stab a piece of meat so we can check if it's done."

She chuckled. “You’re just saying that because you married me,” she said with a smile. She kept working on the drinks and soon finished. She backed up carefully out of the kitchen, she wanted to be careful and not bump into anything. Though, she tripped over a toy on the ground and fell backwards.

"While defeating them is certainly going to be no problem for you, spotting them is another matter." Theo said. He did not like overconfidence, it tended to ruin perfectly laid out plans. "Also, fair warning, if any of them hits you, even if they miss the vital areas which is doubtful, their arrows are poisoned with the most deadly poison in Thera. Just thought I'd mention that."

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"You would be better off without me, Bailey." He wept into his hands, before hugging his wife tightly, and sobbing into her chest. Something was not right with Tyr. Something had made him this emotional. But whatever it was, had hit him hard. "I'm just a waste of space.. I should have never been born.."
Bailey gently ran her hand through his hair, "Tyr, baby, how would I be better off without the love of my life?" She asked with a soft smile and gentle voice. She hated seeing Tyr like this, it broke her heart. "You are not, you most certainly are not. Tyr, I love you. The kids love you, and without you, where would we be? Nowhere, that's where."
Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

Scarlett was ecstatic, mommy never let her do anything like this before. Her and Tyler weren't allowed around any of the weapons in the house, including Alex's dagger from their Aunt Anora. She happily did as Air told her, easing her hand, and bringing it down quickly. She giggled. "That's fun." Then, when it was Tylers turn, he looked around to see if Bailey was anywhere nearby, before stabbing a piece of meat. "Is it done?"
She chuckled. “You’re just saying that because you married me,” she said with a smile. She kept working on the drinks and soon finished. She backed up carefully out of the kitchen, she wanted to be careful and not bump into anything. Though, she tripped over a toy on the ground and fell backwards.
Alex was the one to go after her, and help her up. "Are you okay Aunt Arabelle?" He asked, kicking the toy out of the way.

Bailey gently ran her hand through his hair, "Tyr, baby, how would I be better off without the love of my life?" She asked with a soft smile and gentle voice. She hated seeing Tyr like this, it broke her heart. "You are not, you most certainly are not. Tyr, I love you. The kids love you, and without you, where would we be? Nowhere, that's where."
Scarlett was ecstatic, mommy never let her do anything like this before. Her and Tyler weren't allowed around any of the weapons in the house, including Alex's dagger from their Aunt Anora. She happily did as Air told her, easing her hand, and bringing it down quickly. She giggled. "That's fun." Then, when it was Tylers turn, he looked around to see if Bailey was anywhere nearby, before stabbing a piece of meat. "Is it done?"
Alex was the one to go after her, and help her up. "Are you okay Aunt Arabelle?" He asked, kicking the toy out of the way.

Arabelle smiled at Alex, sitting up. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you, Alex.” She hugged him gently. “I love you, buddy. You’re a good kid.” She rubbed his back gently, and put her hand to the back of her head and felt something warm, she had managed to hurt herself.

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

Ari couldn't grab her. Knife wielding 5 year old in his arms. "Nala, get all this unnecessary stuff out the kitchen. Can't have this lovely woman ruined by Thomas the Train."

Ari looked back. "Are you alright, Arabelle? You're not hurt, are you?"

They were done with the task at hand. Tyler asked if it was done. "Not quite. Put it back in." He put both of them down and took the knife from Scarlett and the pitchfork from Tyler. "Nice work, both of you. I'd have you cut more, but your mom would kill me. I can't have you two around popping grease, so we'll play the Waiting game until I'm done and we'll check again."

FireMaiden FireMaiden

"While defeating them is certainly going to be no problem for you, spotting them is another matter." Theo said. He did not like overconfidence, it tended to ruin perfectly laid out plans. "Also, fair warning, if any of them hits you, even if they miss the vital areas which is doubtful, their arrows are poisoned with the most deadly poison in Thera. Just thought I'd mention that."

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

"Good to know," Alison said, shrugging off the warning as good to know, not something crucial to know. The only true issue was illusion, which would be pointless if they fire arrows, as it'd give away their position.

She was cleaning now. "I only hope that these beings are powerful. Not by your standards, but by the Adventurer standards." The Adventurers were in a league of their own. Challenging them as a group was a bold thing to do. The watchers could see this for themselves. Alison knew her master. The watchers should know if they've really been watching

"Right then." Theo said. "I bid you farewell then. For now at least." With that Theo made to fly off, figuring he'd sleep in some bushes or something. Today had not gone as Theo had planned. He was now without a home and without a job.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

Ari couldn't grab her. Knife wielding 5 year old in his arms. "Nala, get all this unnecessary stuff out the kitchen. Can't have this lovely woman ruined by Thomas the Train."

They were done with the task at hand. Tyler asked if it was done. "Not quite. Put it back in." He put both of them down and took the knife from Scarlett and the pitchfork from Tyler. "Nice work, both of you. I'd have you cut more, but your mom would kill me. I can't have you two around popping grease, so we'll play the Waiting game until I'm done and we'll check again."

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

"Good to know," Alison said, shrugging off the warning as good to know, not something crucial to know. The only true issue was illusion, which would be pointless if they fire arrows, as it'd give away their position.

She was cleaning now. "I only hope that these beings are powerful. Not by your standards, but by the Adventurer standards." The Adventurers were in a league of their own. Challenging them as a group was a bold thing to do. The watchers could see this for themselves. Alison knew her master. The watchers should know if they've really been watching

“I think I’m fine,” she said softly. “I’m bleeding just a little bit, but I’m sure it’s nothing.” She wiped the blood off of her hand onto her dress. She was about to say something but was quiet for a moment. She could hear what sounded like crying, and she frowned. She turned and began to walk slowly towards the sound, her arms extended so she wouldn’t bump into anything. She was listening carefully, wanting to help. She eventually figured out that it was Tyr crying. She went to the door and knocked softly.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden

“I think I’m fine,” she said softly. “I’m bleeding just a little bit, but I’m sure it’s nothing.” She wiped the blood off of her hand onto her dress. She was about to say something but was quiet for a moment. She could hear what sounded like crying, and she frowned. She turned and began to walk slowly towards the sound, her arms extended so she wouldn’t bump into anything. She was listening carefully, wanting to help. She eventually figured out that it was Tyr crying. She went to the door and knocked softly.

In the midst of his of his crying, Tyr heard the knocking, before pulling back from his wife. Then, things began to click in his head. Was... was he just set up by Bailey? Was this supposed to be an intervention? Bailey had promised that she would keep what had happened between them. He rose with a look of betrayal in his eyes, and stormed out of the house to go and be alone for maybe a millennium or two.

In the midst of his of his crying, Tyr heard the knocking, before pulling back from his wife. Then, things began to click in his head. Was... was he just set up by Bailey? Was this supposed to be an intervention? Bailey had promised that she would keep what had happened between them. He rose with a look of betrayal in his eyes, and stormed out of the house to go and be alone for maybe a millennium or two.

She heard the knocking as Tyr drew away from her. "Hang on I'll see who...Tyr?" She was confused. He looked...hurt. then he stormed out past Arabelle and....Arabelle. That's why, it had to be. Bailey wanst stupid, stuff like this clicked pretty quickly. Her husband might have thought that she told Arabelle about what happened. She didn't of course, she wouldn't break a promise like that to him. But...Bailey sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Hello Arabelle," She said, her voice sounding a bit sad.

Arabelle heard Tyr walk by. “Tyr, where are you going?” She recognized his gait and frowned.

She heard the knocking as Tyr drew away from her. "Hang on I'll see who...Tyr?" She was confused. He looked...hurt. then he stormed out past Arabelle and....Arabelle. That's why, it had to be. Bailey wanst stupid, stuff like this clicked pretty quickly. Her husband might have thought that she told Arabelle about what happened. She didn't of course, she wouldn't break a promise like that to him. But...Bailey sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Hello Arabelle," She said, her voice sounding a bit sad.

“Hey Bailey. What happened? Is he alright? I could hear him crying. He’s my best friend, I just want him to be okay…”

Arabelle heard Tyr walk by. “Tyr, where are you going?” She recognized his gait and frowned.
“Hey Bailey. What happened? Is he alright? I could hear him crying. He’s my best friend, I just want him to be okay…”
"Yes, I know," Bailey said, "He...just needs some time, okay?" Bailey was going to go find him in a little bit, but figured she better check on her kids first. She walked out of her room, "Come on Arabelle, I'm gonna make sure Ari isn't killing my children."

"Yes, I know," Bailey said, "He...just needs some time, okay?" Bailey was going to go find him in a little bit, but figured she better check on her kids first. She walked out of her room, "Come on Arabelle, I'm gonna make sure Ari isn't killing my children."

“Are you sure?” She was really worried, but figured that Bailey would know best. She walked back over to the kitchen, thinking quietly.

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

FireMaiden FireMaiden
“Are you sure?” She was really worried, but figured that Bailey would know best. She walked back over to the kitchen, thinking quietly.
The twins nodded, and ran off to go get Alex to play with them some more. Toby followed too, since he didn't like the sound of grease popping. Just in time too, because Bailey had walked back out with Arabelle. "Smells good Ari. I'll be outside with Toby, so call me when it's done," She said, Toby now at herself waiting to be let out. She opened the door, forgetting to put shoes on, and while letting Toby out was part of her plan; going after her husband was the true motive. But...she didn't know where he was. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Mithras winced. Poison arrows are half the problem, but the fact that a race that literally focuses on obfuscation uses them, probably means that their invisibility extends to said arrows. Then again, Mithras was the one who could create shields out of everyone in the team, so perhaps they wouldn't be as much of a problem to him.

Mithras followed Alison back inside. "Sooooooooo..." Mithras inhaled, then exhaled, "you ever take days off?" he asked jokingly, walking past the maid and looking at her with a shy, forced grin. An obvious attempt at what society calls 'flirting,' although not too convincing.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (So the Adventurers are basically a fantasy-world version of The Avengers.)

Mithras winced. Poison arrows are half the problem, but the fact that a race that literally focuses on obfuscation uses them, probably means that their invisibility extends to said arrows. Then again, Mithras was the one who could create shields out of everyone in the team, so perhaps they wouldn't be as much of a problem to him.

Mithras followed Alison back inside. "Sooooooooo..." Mithras inhaled, then exhaled, "you ever take days off?" he asked jokingly, walking past the maid and looking at her with a shy, forced grin. An obvious attempt at what society calls 'flirting,' although not too convincing.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (So the Adventurers are basically a fantasy-world version of The Avengers.)
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

"Only when my master tells me to, which is only when I'm too sick to work. I enjoy my work. I have enough leave days to where I can take 4 whole months off if I so desire." Alison said to him, still cleaning. She stopped and looked at him though, her face resting on the hilt of the broomstick. She smiled with that teasing smile she did before. "Why do you ask, Mithras? Are you just gauging a maid's dedication, or were you looking to catch me on an off day?"

The twins nodded, and ran off to go get Alex to play with them some more. Toby followed too, since he didn't like the sound of grease popping. Just in time too, because Bailey had walked back out with Arabelle. "Smells good Ari. I'll be outside with Toby, so call me when it's done," She said, Toby now at herself waiting to be let out. She opened the door, forgetting to put shoes on, and while letting Toby out was part of her plan; going after her husband was the true motive. But...she didn't know where he was. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

Ari sighed as they walked out. Why were they chasing after Tyr again? If he wanted to be alone, Ari say leave him. He's a grown-ass man who's been through wars. No one has time to play therapist right now. 3 kids in their house, 2 in his (Elaina and Noam are 19 and 17 respectively), all of whom need attention. Ari shook his head and focused on his cooking, as he realized that he was starting to think himself into a bad mood. Tyr was always unbearable to be around, but Ari preferred the old unbearable to the new unbearable. At least that unbearable was an unbearable he could sometimes laugh and have a drink with. Not this one

With another sigh, his mind shifted again. Maybe Ari did need to step in. Sometimes men could understand each other far better than a woman can, and vice versa. Then again though, Tyr was prone to turning hostile at a few words, and Ari always stepped on those mines.......mostly on purpose, but still. Bailey had this issue with Faylen. Arabelle had her nightmares. Tyr had whatever he was going through. Insecurity? Depression? Ari had no issues as far as he was concerned, other than being one who made all their issues his business. Probably due to the way he conducted his business, Ari managed to keep PTSD level shit from happening to him. Tyr lost friends on the battlefield while Ari kept any dear and loved ones far the hell away and worked alone for the most part. Arabelle had a bunch of bad shit happen to her, and Ari always managed to get the hell out of dodge......but then again, Ari wasn't exactly a chosen one like Arabelle was

Whatever, he can't do anything right now, lest this house burn down while he would be gone. He looked back to frying his food. Soon, it was done, about 5 minutes later.

"Alright kids, let's check this again," Ari called out as he took the bacon and the sausage off the grease. Now it was time to check the soup and the muffins, as everything else he was cooking was done already
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back