• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Arabelle let out a huge sigh of relief and collapsed when Semala went down. She scrambled over to Ari and took his hand as the medics fussed over him. “Shh, shh, it’ll be okay,” she whispered. She had tears in her eyes, she knew it was her last time seeing him. “I’m going to miss you,” she whispered, afraid to leave him. “Ari please promise me you’ll rest. No more fighting, not for a while,” she begged.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arabelle let out a huge sigh of relief and collapsed when Semala went down. She scrambled over to Ari and took his hand as the medics fussed over him. “Shh, shh, it’ll be okay,” she whispered. She had tears in her eyes, she knew it was her last time seeing him. “I’m going to miss you,” she whispered, afraid to leave him. “Ari please promise me you’ll rest. No more fighting, not for a while,” she begged.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari chuckled through his pain. His eyes were flickering between consciousness, but he wouldn't be sleeping yet. He had to assess the damage to his ship and get the crew on repairing it. "What are you talking about, Arabelle? We beat the bastard. We're not dying anytime soon."

Ari chuckled through his pain. His eyes were flickering between consciousness, but he wouldn't be sleeping yet. He had to assess the damage to his ship and get the crew on repairing it. "What are you talking about, Arabelle? We beat the bastard. We're not dying anytime soon."

She shook her head. “I-I am. I made a deal with an archangel, in order to defeat Semala I had to give my soul up to her,” she murmured. She took off the necklace he had given her, the one made by Elaina. She put it around his neck. “She’ll be coming to get me soon,” she said, and her body started to glow like Misty’s had.

"Oh sweet Dragons we won! I can't fucking believe it. Although whoever failed to do their research is getting one of my famous lectures. And escape won't be an option!" Cross playfully punched Xornot "And good job out there Goldy. Without your heavy hits we wouldn't have gotten anywhere!"

Kallo Kallo

She shook her head. “I-I am. I made a deal with an archangel, in order to defeat Semala I had to give my soul up to her,” she murmured. She took off the necklace he had given her, the one made by Elaina. She put it around his neck. “She’ll be coming to get me soon,” she said, and her body started to glow like Misty’s had.
Ari's eyes grew wide. Not a-fucking-gain. Not 2 in one night. He couldn't handle it. "You're lying to me. You didn't make a deal. No. Fuck. I can't do this shit twice." When her body started to glow, it dawned on him HOW they managed to win. Ex Machina shit doesn't just happen.

"No. Fuck! Aaarrgghh!!" his headache struck again even worse now. The double dose of grief driven stress alone was spiking his headache pain through the ceiling. Ari kept looking down, tears falling from his face again. His head and face felt numb. "Please.......Please tell me you're lying or that I'm trapped in a Semala nightmare."

Ari's eyes grew wide. Not a-fucking-gain. Not 2 in one night. He couldn't handle it. "You're lying to me. You didn't make a deal. No. Fuck. I can't do this shit twice." When her body started to glow, it dawned on him HOW they managed to win. Ex Machina shit doesn't just happen.

"No. Fuck! Aaarrgghh!!" his headache struck again even worse now. The double dose of grief driven stress alone was spiking his headache pain through the ceiling. Ari kept looking down, tears falling from his face again. His head and face felt numb. "Please.......Please tell me you're lying or that I'm trapped in a Semala nightmare."

Arabelle shook her head and cried softly. “I’m so sorry, but I couldn’t just watch you die when I knew I could stop it.” She kissed him gently and hugged him. “I love you, Ari. I love you, and the kids, and Bailey and Tyr and everyone and I’m going to miss you so much,” she whimpered. She was glowing brighter now, and she only had about half a minute before she was gone.

"A noble sacrifice for the lives of everyone here."
Celia appeared. She was stone faced, keeping neutrality as she felt the emotions Arabelle felt.
Ari took one look at Celia and grasped his head again. Confusion wasn't helping anything along. 2 Arabelles. "My brain is coming out of my fucking skull."

"We are one in the same," Celia said. "Part of a higher being. She didn't want to come, but decided to give herself up to become one again in exchange for giving her the power to win the fight."

Ari hugged her hard. Squeezed her tight. "I told you......" Ari's voice cracked hard, "In the first RP that your nice ass golden heart would get you killed one day." He then kissed her then clutched her glowing face. "For once, I don't want to be right damn it."

Arabelle started to fade now into mana and move into Celia, who's wings started to mix together, some feathers white and others turning black. Ari soon hugged through her body. Nothing else he could do except hold her hand where it would be. He could feel her touch, but it phased though his hand. "I love you more than anything on this forsaken earth, Arabelle."

Celia's eyes started tearing up and crying. Not sobbing, but tears were falling as most of Arabelle was integrated into her by now.
P Paint The Wind

Last edited:
"Oh sweet Dragons we won! I can't fucking believe it. Although whoever failed to do their research is getting one of my famous lectures. And escape won't be an option!" Cross playfully punched Xornot "And good job out there Goldy. Without your heavy hits we wouldn't have gotten anywhere!"

Xonrot.
He groaned out slightly at the punch, even with it's playful nature and the medics helping him out his whole body screamed of exhaustion. Eventually but slowly looking up to Cross as he chuckled slightly afterwards. "If it wasn't for your distractions I wouldn't still be around...Or the other's...." He seemed to trail off, thinking slightly as he shakes his head. "I'm fine with a history lesson...But no lectures...and we can start by making sure that the third one never get's forgotten. Even with them falling in battle." He slowly stumbled to his feet, walking to his spear before using it as a makeshift walking staff. Looking over to Ari before lowering his head, a sigh escaping him as he looked around the battlefield. So many fallen, and so few remaining. Even with his exhaustion he still started going around, closing the eyes of those who had fallen, and soothing those who where mortally wounded until they passed...

His old playful self was broken now...Seeing what war could do and such a catastrophic event. Eventually making his way over towards Ari as he stood behind him. Waiting for him to collect himself.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"A noble sacrifice for the lives of everyone here."
Celia appeared. She was stone faced, keeping neutrality as she felt the emotions Arabelle felt.
Ari took one look at Celia and grasped his head again. Confusion wasn't helping anything along. 2 Arabelles. "My brain is coming out of my fucking skull."

"We are one in the same," Celia said. "Part of a higher being. She didn't want to come, but decided to give herself up to become one again in exchange for giving her the power to win the fight."

Ari hugged her hard. Squeezed her tight. "I told you......" Ari's voice cracked hard, "In the first RP that your nice ass golden heart would get you killed one day." He then kissed her then clutched her glowing face. "For once, I don't want to be right damn it."

Arabelle started to fade now into mana and move into Celia, who's wings started to mix together, some feathers white and others turning black. Ari soon hugged through her body. Nothing else he could do except hold her hand where it would be. He could feel her touch, but it phased though his hand. "I love you more than anything on this forsaken earth, Arabelle."

Celia's eyes started tearing up and being. Not sobbing, but tears were falling as most if Arabelle was integrated into her by now.
P Paint The Wind

Before she faded away completely she was able to say one more thing. “I love you too, Ari. More than life itself,” she whispered, and faded completely away, her soul merging with Celia’s so they became one. As soon as they did, the whole battlefield began to glow, as did many parts of the world. The world’s oversaturation of Magic was ending, and as Aracelia ascended, so did all the extra magic.

Ari was stood up by the medics. Between his head pain, heart pain, and exhaustion, he was all fucked up. He wanted nothing more than to die at the moment and he couldn't even pinpoint why anymore. Everything was blurring and not just physically through the blood, sweat, and tears mixing in his eyes. "Fuck. My life. To hell." He choked out, panting damn near hyperventilating. One of his most dearly loved, then his actual most dearly loved.

The soldiers stood by in silent vigil as their savior in that fight faded away, but not only for her, but for all who gave their lives up to this point. Their worldview was turned on its head overnight. The most condescending of the elves gained a respect for humans and the orcs alike. The snobbiest saw now that shit wasn't gonna just be given to them, that the army life wasn't just pay and sit around, that peace times wouldn't always last. They would have to fight and sacrifice for something bigger than themselves.

"Bailey, we're not done here," Ari said, hanging like a corpse from the arms of the medics. "We need to find your husband, gather the dead and then end this. I'll be at my ship......... assessing damage and unloading supplies." He stepped off the medics and picked up his sword. "Nice work........Xonrot.......Cross. You both are the reason......... we survived as long as we did. If you need anything......at my ship." He started moving towards his ship to assess the damage. He moved slowly, lacking both physical ability and willpower to move like he usually would.

FireMaiden FireMaiden
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
Kallo Kallo
P Paint The Wind

Bailey O'Connor
Frozen Plains Forward Camp
"Ari, no," Bailey said, her voice stern but it was obvious she was failing to keep her composure. "You need to rest. We all do, we've done enough for now. The Orcs can wait." That battle was a fucking blur, but she knew that right now, while he may sound like, Ari was not going to be making any brilliant suggestions. Arabelle was....she... Bailey could beleive it. She fell in line beside his slow strides, "Ari, please don't do this to youreself." She was basically pleading with him. They needed to do everything he said, but yhey could do it without him. But everyone needed to rest. Their remaining troops needed to mourn, their medics needed to regain their mana, there was something everyone needed to do. "There's no reason to kill yourself from exhaustion." Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Bailey O'Connor
Frozen Plains Forward Camp
"Ari, no," Bailey said, her voice stern but it was obvious she was failing to keep her composure. "You need to rest. We all do, we've done enough for now. The Orcs can wait." That battle was a fucking blur, but she knew that right now, while he may sound like, Ari was not going to be making any brilliant suggestions. Arabelle was....she... Bailey could beleive it. She fell in line beside his slow strides, "Ari, please don't do this to youreself." She was basically pleading with him. They needed to do everything he said, but yhey could do it without him. But everyone needed to rest. Their remaining troops needed to mourn, their medics needed to regain their mana, there was something everyone needed to do. "There's no reason to kill yourself from exhaustion." Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari sighed. Bailey lost her husband and he could easily be dead as well. No point in arguing with her. "Very well, Bailey......... I'm still sleeping on my ship. Bring as many onboard as possible as I have those supplies you requested as well as rooms and showers." Ari made it to his ship. It was on the ground, smoking from the damage with the thrusters disabled, but it wasn't in any critical condition, which was nothing short of a miracle........but then again, them being alive is a miracle as was them winning that fight. "When I wake, we go find your husband. He may piss me off, but I can't handle a third. You sleep as well because you're part of that third." Ari entered his ship, not to come out until he had a full rest. Normally someone that deep in grief wouldn't be able to sleep, but Ari was beyond his mind at this point. His brain was fried and all that remained was enough energy to get to his bed. A zombie raised by a necromancer had more sentience than Ari at that moment.
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
Kallo Kallo
P Paint The Wind

Cross only watched Ari walk away. He had no idea what to do. Sure he knew what it was like to lose someone you love but... Arabelle was a different case to Isla. She was probably a best friend to everyone in the group. And to lose both. "Bailey, you all try and Rest for the moment. I need to help Goldie get everyone buried. We can't have anymore Semalas happening." With that Cross walked over and began to close the fallens eyes. And after that, well that was up to the others as to whether they bury the bodies or not. "Rest easy guys. All of you who have fallen. And find peace in the next life."

Kallo Kallo FireMaiden FireMaiden

Bailey O'Connor
Frozen Plains - Ari's Air Ship
"I have to get my eye fixed, but I will," Bailey replied. She stopped walking beside him, and let him continue to the ship on his own, before she turned to address the remaining troops. "Medics on board first, then the wounded. Those of you who can are still in stable condition will help everyone else, and then Herah will set up shower rotations. Any who want to sleep instead of shower will find a room, but those are first come first serve. But I do not want want fights over them, understood?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"You have you're orders, move it!" She turned and headed for the ship once again. A medic fell in stride beside her and followed her on board, and then to the room she had found earlier to allowed for an uninterrupted treatment of her eye. Removing the bandages was painful, but right now, sow was everything else. That battle was just a shit show. And they lost Arabelle. Bailey was crushed, but she knew that Ari must have been fucking devastated. Oh god and their kids?

"You know how to dress this now, so I'll leave this here. Chance it again after your shower," The medic said, before he quickly left in order to attend to everyone he could. Bailey nodded, and began to strip. She was sore, exhausted, in pain, and more than anything, worried. Her husband had been kidnapped at the beginning of those battle, and she even considered trying to use the com crystal to find him but that wouldn't work. He could be dead too for all they know, and it just...Bailey had to try and not think about that.

Her shower didn't take long, but it felt great. Hot water against her aching muscles was a wonderful feeling, but watching blood from her various wounds was a disturbing sight. And speaking of sight, she had noticed that in her left eye...most of it was gone. But compared to most of the other alternatives...half blind was about as good as it could get.

After her shower, Bailey redressed her eye, put on some casual clothing, and collapsed on the bed, waiting to drift off into any kind of sleep she could manage.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

TIME SKIP
5 pm- About 12 hours after the Battle against Semala

Ari Waesmor

Ari left his ship for the first time all day. He was as well rested as he would be for now and was barking out orders to those in his crew that fell asleep around the same time and were already up and running. Those who stayed up to get some work done were asleep now. They arranged a rotation shift between sleep and work. The names of those who chose to work first even after all that would be given extra pay, Ari thought. The engineers had spent a good amount of that time repairing the damaged engine, so it was now up and running. The ship rose again to the air and stopped at the height it was during the battle, anchored in place from the Ballista bolts.

Ari began to draw his battle plans with some of his crew. He was gonna wreck whoever it was that took Tyr. He may not have spoken to Tyr in almost 2 weeks since the whole thing in the ballroom, and he really didn't intend to speak with Tyr beyond making sure he was alright, but he would save him. He got impaled before getting kidnapped. He could be dead.

P Paint The Wind
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
Kallo Kallo

Bailey O'Connor
Exhaustion managed to keep Bailey under longer than normal, but she couldn't escape give nightmares of the battle that had just passed. Arabelle's death and the lose of her eye seemed to be the focus of them, but many of the other events snuck their way into her mind. How did Tyr deal with this? Reliving every detail that made their purpose to torture him. Her sleep, while deep, didn't keep her from tossing and turning. Tyr as her comfort...and speaks of him, Bailey upon waking, her first thought was to her husband. He, to her knowledge, was still missing. The remaining Elven troops needed time to rest still, so before her assault on the Orc's main fort, she could focus on her husband. But of course, she needed to find Ari.

Belive it or not, Bailey understood what Ari was going through. Looking a spouse was a pain close to looking a child. When Tyr went to fight for the Royal army, and was lost for three years, she nearly lost herself. And it was hard to keep going, even with Alex depending on her. He may try to act tough, but not even Ari can withstand pain like that. Speaking of which, Bailey found him rather quickly. "Ari, how are you holding up?" Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Bailey O'Connor
Exhaustion managed to keep Bailey under longer than normal, but she couldn't escape give nightmares of the battle that had just passed. Arabelle's death and the lose of her eye seemed to be the focus of them, but many of the other events snuck their way into her mind. How did Tyr deal with this? Reliving every detail that made their purpose to torture him. Her sleep, while deep, didn't keep her from tossing and turning. Tyr as her comfort...and speaks of him, Bailey upon waking, her first thought was to her husband. He, to her knowledge, was still missing. The remaining Elven troops needed time to rest still, so before her assault on the Orc's main fort, she could focus on her husband. But of course, she needed to find Ari.

Belive it or not, Bailey understood what Ari was going through. Looking a spouse was a pain close to looking a child. When Tyr went to fight for the Royal army, and was lost for three years, she nearly lost herself. And it was hard to keep going, even with Alex depending on her. He may try to act tough, but not even Ari can withstand pain like that. Speaking of which, Bailey found him rather quickly. "Ari, how are you holding up?" Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari Waesmor

He looked at Bailey, eyes red due to crying. "Trying to find your husband and finish this fight before things really hit. I'll not bore you with my feelings. Got shit to do," he said to her, looking back down at his plans. Any and all characteristically Ari demeanor and mannerisms were gone. "I sent a recon team to spread out to find the nearest camp. Leading is Evelyn as she's a top notch spotter." Work was how Ari kept his mind off what happened. Even in the face of a death of one of your most loved ones and then your ACTUAL most loved ones, war was a large enough scale to take ones mind off it.............somewhat. Ari couldn't use his magic as effectively as he wanted to due to his lack of concentration. He'd have to get in an actual fight.

"Are you holding up any better? Tyr WAS impaled." The lack of closure, whether or not Tyr was alive, was far better than not knowing in pretty much every case.

Bailey O'Connor
"Ari..." She sighed, stepping closer avoiding eye contact for the most part, "We but heads a lot, and it may not really seem like it, but I do care. And if you need someone to at least sit with, I'm right here, okay? I'm not gonna stand here and tell you to suck up, you need to grieve. You don't always have to be the strong, emotionless guy you think you need to be, it doesn't make anyone here think any less of you," She looked at him, "I'm saying this as a friend, as someone who really cares, okay?" She ended this with a soft smile. Her visible eye showed signs of tears as well, and as the subject turned to her husband, she seemed to freeze. Her arms tightened around herself, her hands gripping her upper arms. "I am..." Bailey learned her throat, "I have to hope he's fine, other wise I'll let my visions get to me, and my actions will be clouded with my emotion," She answered curtly, "Though I suppose that's what you are trying to do, is it not?" Her voice had wavered as she spoke, before letting out a soft chuckle, "Those two would kill us if they saw they state we're in."
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ari Waesmor
Airship

"Aye. Arabelle and Misty alike would be trying to cheer me up and Tyr would be trying to get me drunk. I.............already can't use my Mystic magic because I can't focus. We do but heads a lot, but..........I couldn't stand to lose you or Tyr either. You didn't put up with me all this time for me to have no regard for you or your life." He looked up again. "I hate myself more than ever, but I can go about brewing in my own despair later. Trust me when I say it'll come. Right now, though, we get your husband back." Ari lacked his usual brand of sarcastic cockiness, and he wished it was back. As terrible as it was, it beat out him basically going through the motions of life right now, a husk of his former self. He had just lost his wife and most trusted companion though

Ari's Crystal started to glow. "Sergeant! We found Tyr's signature! He's alive!" That was Evelyn leading the recon team. Tyr was being kept in a camp on the mountainside. Ari gave a sigh of relief. So he didn't lose a third. Fantastic. "There you go," Ari said, a smile forming in Bailey's direction. A smile not bullshitting or hiding anything, nor full of cockiness or defiance. This was the first true smile he threw at Bailey since...............Yeah I can't really remember if there even WAS a last time. The news kicked him into high gear and he started putting a bit of pep back in his step "We got an idiot to save. You take the ground. I got the air."
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Avery Valencia
Avery found himself stumbled into the middle of a party. He had ran into the enemy's camp, with a lot of people there, as soon as Evelyn confirmed Tyr's signature. He didn't care. He was gonna find Tyr no matter what. He saw the people there before going in and realized that he'd stick out like a sore thumb. Everyone there was incredibly............built. He was quivering looking at all the men there. This was gonna be a bit hard, he thought. Being a Mystic required concentration and this wouldn't be easy for him to do with all these guys here looking like a full course meal. He exhaled and then changed his appearance to emulate one of them, packed with an alias and all
b2481a59ffb5d927b413a5afeda84b20.jpg
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back