• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Alex, and his siblings were still playing in the living room when a loud screech entered the house. A red failed hawk with a bit of parchement tied around it's leg setting in on Bailey's shoulder. "Oh hey, is Joan!" Alex said, getting Tyler and Scarlett's attention. They watched as Bailey took the letter, and gave the hawk a coin, before it flew off again. There was a noble family's stamp in emerald green was sealing it shut, the insignia made Bailey sigh. "Oh here we go," She muttered to herself, willing opening and reading through the message. Another dejected sigh left her, as she set it down and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "I warned him." Safety Hammer Safety Hammer (Cause Tyr is nearby)

Last edited:
Katherine Auscent

Katherine laughed at her sons excited reaction. Pleased with herself at making her son smile, she briskly replied, ruffling his hair as she did so, “Finish eating then go get wash up and get dressed and we’ll go.” She kissed his forehead before she left the kitchen. And ran upstairs to get ready herself. She had needed to go into the market anyhow. She needed more ink and paper.

She walked into the bedroom, giving a long hard glance at Cross’s side of the bed before walking over to her vanity dresser and staring at herself in the mirror. She took a brush and began to brush her hair out, happening to glance down in the process and sightened another unopened letter, marked with a blue stamp. Katherine recalled being too exhausted last night to open it. Katherine tore it open and read the paper, written in fine, elegant writing;

Red,
Your assistance has been invaluable. Dutchess Selene did not expect such a blow, her scandal certainly helped King Coron gain favor over her. Her attempts at power have gone silent. We suspect she has either given up or has gone into waiting, no agents of hers have been spotted. The Marquis however has not. Coron wants him removed. Coron believes Renè has spies within the palace, and claims his room was searched. He is becoming a bit paranoid. So many eyes watching him, so many hidden enemies.

In other news, Coron speaks of you fondly. There will be a ball in a few months. I know it is a great distance, leaving Riviana takes planning, and you keep claiming to be busy, but never define with what exactly. I suppose you don’t trust the crows not to be hijacked or something. You always were careful. Still, Coron would be pleased if you attended, I believe he actually misses his Nightingale. We have found a woman trying to break into your room, which has remained locked since you left I assure you, considering you put about fifty locks on the door and took the key. The woman is being interrogated.

Coron has sent your reward, you should revive it a few days after the letter.

I’m afraid to make this request but as his advisor I must. Coron requests more of your agents here, and he wants Renè taken care of. There’s more coin promised. Please, do think about attending the ball.

I hope to hear from you soon.

- M

Katherine exhaled. Being a spymaster was easy work. But she did not like having so many spies and agents in one place. Coron knew this too. But the coin helped her make her own living, and gave her something else to do other than watch Siegbert. Katherine finished brushing her hair before changing into a simple white blouse with some leather pants and boots before she headed back downstairs.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
Arabelle laughed at him and kissed Ari gently, pressing herself against him. “I’m fine with that.” She nuzzled him, kissing him gently. “I wanted to talk about my nightmares. We can wait until after breakfast, you must be starving. It might take a while.” She hugged him gently, laying her head on his chest.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Arabelle's nightmares have been terribly serious business as of late, as it's keeping her up for sometimes days at a time. Ari could brew all the potions in the world to put her to sleep too deeply to dream, but it doesn't solve the issue. Only delay it

He hugged her close, her well endowments not even on his mind right now, but her health. He talked gently, soothingly, a very caring way that no others, not even his kids would hear. "We'll get this shit figured out, Arabelle. You need a break from all this. You've done enough."

Arabelle's nightmares have been terribly serious business as of late, as it's keeping her up for sometimes days at a time. Ari could brew all the potions in the world to put her to sleep too deeply to dream, but it doesn't solve the issue. Only delay it

He hugged her close, her well endowments not even on his mind right now, but her health. He talked gently, soothingly, a very caring way that no others, not even his kids would hear. "We'll get this shit figured out, Arabelle. You need a break from all this. You've done enough."

"It won't stop, it never stops," she whimpered. She took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "It doesn't matter what I do. If you give a potion the nightmares are so much worse the next day." She was trembling. "I'm so tired of this," she cried. "I just want to sleep."

"It won't stop, it never stops," she whimpered. She took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "It doesn't matter what I do. If you give a potion the nightmares are so much worse the next day." She was trembling. "I'm so tired of this," she cried. "I just want to sleep."
Ari grabbed her face and looked deep into her eyes. "We'll have to take some drastic measures, Arabelle. Leave it to me. I got some connections." He then kissed her deeply

Ones I can't tell you about, he thought as he kissed her and hugged her, but ones nonetheless. That'll not only solve those nightmares, but also that sight problem. You just wouldn't let me do it. Time to do things the Black Assassin way

He grabbed her hand. "Let's go eat, then head out."

As all of this happened, Tyr simply sat in the back yard, reading a book. He felt bad for faking a smile in front of his wife. Setting his book down, he pulled out a pipe, stuffed some tobacco into it, and lit it. Taking in a deep drag, he blew a smoke ring, and tried to collect his nerves. Hopefully, today would be better than yesterday. He needed to be strong for his kids and wife.

Ari grabbed her face and looked deep into her eyes. "We'll have to take some drastic measures, Arabelle. Leave it to me. I got some connections." He then kissed her deeply

Ones I can't tell you about, he thought as he kissed her and hugged her, but ones nonetheless. That'll not only solve those nightmares, but also that sight problem. You just wouldn't let me do it. Time to do things the Black Assassin way

He grabbed her hand. "Let's go eat, then head out."

“Will it hurt anyone besides me?” She wouldn’t let him do anything that could put others at risk. She took a deep breath and walked out with him, using her cane to guide herself.

"Alright kiddos, mommy's going in her work room, so behave. Come get me if you need anything omay? And Alex, no magic inside," Bailey said, taking a scone and another cup of tea with her to the war room. It hasn't changed much over the last seven years, only grown more orgiazed. There were three tables now, two large ones on the south and east walls. One, had a large map of Rivanna, map markers, agent locations, and other various points of interest covered the surface of it. The other had a map of Ellasin Sal, or Faylen. As she kept her family out of the war room most of the time, this map freely marked the portion of her troops, agents, and the known orc troops. Beside the door was a large desk, her aniversty gift from Tyr two years ago. Sitting on it was large, smooth, comm stone she used for her main communication with work. Of course, that was surrounded by inkwells, parchment, and quills strewn about. Bailey was rather messy when she worked, but she knew where everything was. Hanging above the desk, and on many of the other walls, were shelves holding a variety of objects. Messages, alchemy ingredients, books, spare supplies. In the corner near the window, her armor stand. Well, both of them. One held the armor she normally wore when adventuring, her cobalt set. The other, her generals armor. She had to talk with Tyr later, and ask about how he felt coming to Faylen with her. If war was declared, the borders would close, and while she could call her fmaily, there was no telling how long war could last. Her family wouldn't be allowed to see her. Bailey didn't want that to happen, but she couldn't dwell on that to long, she had work to do.

“Will it hurt anyone besides me?” She wouldn’t let him do anything that could put others at risk. She took a deep breath and walked out with him, using her cane to guide herself.
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor- Master Bedroom

"While that would be a hell of a lot easier, I won't do it because you don't want me to. There are other ways of doing things though." Ari said. It just makes our lives a bit harder than it should be, but we're the best at this gig, so we'll be fine.
He grabbed her hand, so she didn't use that crappy cane she so insisted on using. Ari could give her basically everything, even make those physical deficiencies over and done with. He could make her as if she never got injured in the first place. She just didn't want to take it because someone else might get hurt, people he was gonna kill anyways, or just because Paint was far too cruel of a person to allow this.

"I could end that blindness and those nightmares with ease Arabelle. Just like you are in your dreams before those nightmares........." He asked her this question literally every time she brought it up with the hopes that she'd finally give him the permission to make her like she was at the very beginning. Not living both a physically and emotionally hard life. Ari was incredibly convincing when he talked, but Arabelle was one nut he just couldn't crack if it came to utilizing his less merciful side. A part of him wanted to just put her to sleep and do what he had to do so she could wake up to a perfectly normal functioning, nightmare-less life. She probably wouldn't forgive him for it though. Plus, he never wanted to take advantage of her trust like that. He was dishonorable, but not to that degree

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor- Dining Room

"Go ahead and have a seat. Help yourself to whatever's on the table," Alison directed him. At the table already were the kids, Ryan and Willow, as well as a few butlers to make sure they were eating and not trying to throw their food and to break up any arguments. Also were Misty and Nala partaking in all the meat foods, eating like the little beasts they were. On top of that were Noam and Elaina, almost fully grown at 17 and 19 respectively. Elaina gave off that same massive Holy vibe as Ryan, while Noam just brimmed with strength.
This caused the entire house to be like a church of sorts, where Dark Magic and Dark beings wasn't allowed. The one exception to that rule was Willow who, since she was a demi-god and weak to Holy Magic, she was far too powerful, her darkness too strong to be affected by mere vibes of Holy Magic.

Alison took pride in all that she and her staff did. This was evident at the way she was smiling and the general good mood she was in. She loved being the Waesmor maid for pretty much every reason she could think of.
Birdsie Birdsie

Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor- Master Bedroom

"While that would be a hell of a lot easier, I won't do it because you don't want me to. There are other ways of doing things though." Ari said. It just makes our lives a bit harder than it should be, but we're the best at this gig, so we'll be fine.
He grabbed her hand, so she didn't use that crappy cane she so insisted on using. Ari could give her basically everything, even make those physical deficiencies over and done with. He could make her as if she never got injured in the first place. She just didn't want to take it because someone else might get hurt, people he was gonna kill anyways, or just because Paint was far too cruel of a person to allow this.

"I could end that blindness and those nightmares with ease Arabelle. Just like you are in your dreams before those nightmares........." He asked her this question literally every time she brought it up with the hopes that she'd finally give him the permission to make her like she was at the very beginning. Not living both a physically and emotionally hard life. Ari was incredibly convincing when he talked, but Arabelle was one nut he just couldn't crack if it came to utilizing his less merciful side. A part of him wanted to just put her to sleep and do what he had to do so she could wake up to a perfectly normal functioning, nightmare-less life. She probably wouldn't forgive him for it though. Plus, he never wanted to take advantage of her trust like that. He was dishonorable, but not to that degree
Birdsie Birdsie

"Ari, you know what I'm going to say every time you ask. People will get hurt, and I'm not worth other people's suffering. I know you will say that I am but I don't care. I won't hurt anyone for my own benefit." She squeezed his hand. "I know all you want is to help me, but I can't let other people get hurt." She let him guide her so she wouldn't fall or get hurt, carefully going down the stairs, counting each one so she would know when she had reached the bottom.

Cross Auscent- Toron

Cross was looking around Toron. In truth he had gotten his son a gift but he knew his homeland had nothing that would interest Katherine. So in a hurry he had to figure something out. Something to say he was sorry. "OK me calm down. Who is the most wise person when it comes to... Ah shit." The first person to come to his mind was Bailey. While not a bad person he had a feeling it was not a good idea to ask her that out of nowhere, And even then it had been a few years. for all he knew they weren't even here anymore. After all the doom and gloom of the place was gone. So they were long gone or calming down. And what were the odds they even remembered him. "I'll just do what most human couples do. Make it up to her, I'll have to ask Katherine once I'm home."

Siegbert- Auscent Residence

Siegbert out of excitement began to eat a lot of his breakfast. It was only a few minutes before he was done and running upstairs shouting "Mom I ate my dinner! Can we go yet!? We hardly go outside! Please hurry up!"

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

"Ari, you know what I'm going to say every time you ask. People will get hurt, and I'm not worth other people's suffering. I know you will say that I am but I don't care. I won't hurt anyone for my own benefit." She squeezed his hand. "I know all you want is to help me, but I can't let other people get hurt." She let him guide her so she wouldn't fall or get hurt, carefully going down the stairs, counting each one so she would know when she had reached the bottom.
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"I'm gonna kill them regardless, Arabelle." Ari sighed, "I just want to help my family in more ways than financially. It's not like I'm killing innocent people. Just the wanted list. You know, child molesters, abusers, serial killers, necromancers who want to raise graveyards, cult fanatics. No one that doesn't deserve it. Plus, it's not like I'm giving you their body part."

To Ari, death was nothing anymore. It was something to cheat on a regular, and something to send the scum to. He's killed so much that he lost the normal regard for human life that wasn't his own spawn, mate, or a child. It was probably why he talked about it so casually. Killing was just another day on the job. It definitely freaked Arabelle out in the beginning how he talked about killing like it was Sunday dinner conversation, and seeing how she still acted, it maybe still freaked her out. She was too damn nice

But hey, Ari didn't fall in love with her for nothing

Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"I'm gonna kill them regardless, Arabelle." Ari sighed, "I just want to help my family in more ways than financially. It's not like I'm killing innocent people. Just the wanted list. You know, child molesters, abusers, serial killers, necromancers who want to raise graveyards, cult fanatics. No one that doesn't deserve it. Plus, it's not like I'm giving you their body part."

To Ari, death was nothing anymore. It was something to cheat on a regular, and something to send the scum to. He's killed so much that he lost the normal regard for human life that wasn't his own spawn, mate, or a child. It was probably why he talked about it so casually. Killing was just another day on the job. It definitely freaked Arabelle out in the beginning how he talked about killing like it was Sunday dinner conversation, and seeing how she still acted, it maybe still freaked her out. She was too damn nice

But hey, Ari didn't fall in love with her for nothing

“They’re still people, Ari. They have families and friends and souls. Even if they’ve done horrible things, they’re still people, and I won’t treat them as less than that.” She knew they were now at the bottom of the steps. “No more talk about this, the kids are here.”

“They’re still people, Ari. They have families and friends and souls. Even if they’ve done horrible things, they’re still people, and I won’t treat them as less than that.” She knew they were now at the bottom of the steps. “No more talk about this, the kids are here.”
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

Ari's voice lowered as they approached the bottom. "Your blade isn't bloodless, Arabelle. You don't get as good as you are with a sword without killing a few. A family and friends don't make one special. We all have them." He sighed and looked ahead as they touched bottom and all the maids greeted them again.
"I don't love you for nothing, Arabelle. At some point you've got to put your health over that of dead people."

The house was exceptionally loud. "Let's get out of here. Safety thought I was supposed to be cooking at Tyr's house, and the longer I stay here, the more appealing it sounds."

Ari hated loud noise, which didn't bode well for his head considering that Willow screeched like a banshee when she started crying, and while Ryan's was lower, he just never fucking stopped. It was a case of loud as fuck or annoying as fuck, and Ari just wanted to take an arrow to the throat at the God forsaken times they ever cried at the same time. The Holy and the Dark got out of control and made them both cry harder, and the only way they would shut the hell up is if they got the overload in balance BEFORE they did what they needed to do to ACTUALLY calm them down. It was like balancing yin and yang in the worst possible way. A literal 45 minute endeavor just to find out that Ryan took the last fucking red crayon.

Hell on earth, right? Yea, that's why Ari looked for any opportunity whatsoever to just get the hell away.

Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

Ari's voice lowered as they approached the bottom. "Your blade isn't bloodless, Arabelle. You don't get as good as you are with a sword without killing a few. A family and friends don't make one special. We all have them." He sighed and looked ahead as they touched bottom and all the maids greeted them again.
"I don't love you for nothing, Arabelle. At some point you've got to put your health over that of dead people."

The house was exceptionally loud. "Let's get out of here. Safety thought I was supposed to be cooking at Tyr's house, and the longer I stay here, the more appealing it sounds."

Ari hated loud noise, which didn't bode well for his head considering that Willow screeched like a banshee when she started crying, and while Ryan's was lower, he just never fucking stopped. It was a case of loud as fuck or annoying as fuck, and Ari just wanted to take an arrow to the throat at the God forsaken times they ever cried at the same time. The Holy and the Dark got out of control and made them both cry harder, and the only way they would shut the hell up is if they got the overload in balance BEFORE they did what they needed to do to ACTUALLY calm them down. It was like balancing yin and yang in the worst possible way. A literal 45 minute endeavor just to find out that Ryan took the last fucking red crayon.

Hell on earth, right? Yea, that's why Ari looked for any opportunity whatsoever to just get the hell away.

“That’s why I’ve retired,” she said. “Well, that and I’m blind and traumatized. I lay awake at night and think about all the people I’ve killed, and I think about their families.” Her voice was trembling. “I’m not cut out for this kind of thing, I don’t know why I thought I was.”

She took a deep breath. “Yeah, let’s go. Misty and Nala are here right? They should keep the kiddos calm.”

Theo, who had been quite bored, was suddenly interested in what he was supposed to be watching again when one of them made a strange comment. As far as Theo knew none of the heroes knew anyone named safety. Safety was a really weird name anyway. It was like naming your kid dangerous. Or friendly. It was just weird. Theo was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't notice that his illusion was flickering. He quickly pulled it back up, hoping no one had noticed. P Paint The Wind Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Anybody Anybody else who might be nearby

"STOP!!"

Ari suddenly boomed over everyone in the house, silencing everyone. Ari's eyes were red with rage and the magic aura he was giving off tripled in intensity
"I fucking saw that......" In an instant, Ari had his staff. "Come Lexi, we have an infiltrator" The giant basilisk came out. He pointed in the direction of Theo before he put his illusion back up, and the huge armoured snake grabbed him out of the air and slammed him down

Alison ran up and kicked him and had her mace and a weird key in her hand. Her demeanor was a lot less maid-like and more I'm about to bash your face in. "I failed in my duties by you getting in here, but I'll make up for it."

The other maids were gathered around the kids, holding knives from the kitchen, some getting magic spells ready. The speed that they were all armed and ready was crazy, rivaling advanced military attack drills or the speed that firefighters have to get ready when called. It was as if they all had these weapons present on them at all times (spoiler alert: they did)

Noam stood in front of all the maids with an orb in his hand, while Elaina's eyes were blazing white, and she was twirling her staff. They were ALL ready to defend, but more than that, ready to destroy this intruder and erase his entire existence.

(Sorry about to go on duty)
BackSet BackSet
P Paint The Wind
Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
"STOP!!"

Ari suddenly boomed over everyone in the house, silencing everyone. Ari's eyes were red with rage and the magic aura he was giving off tripled in intensity
"I fucking saw that......" In an instant, Ari had his staff. "Come Lexi, we have an infiltrator" The giant basilisk came out. He pointed in the direction of Theo before he put his illusion back up, and the huge armoured snake grabbed him out of the air and slammed him down

Alison ran up and kicked him and had her mace and a weird key in her hand. Her demeanor was a lot less maid-like and more I'm about to bash your face in. "I failed in my duties by you getting in here, but I'll make up for it."

The other maids were gathered around the kids, holding knives from the kitchen, some getting magic spells ready. The speed that they were all armed and ready was crazy, rivaling advanced military attack drills or the speed that firefighters have to get ready when called. It was as if they all had these weapons present on them at all times (spoiler alert: they did)

Noam stood in front of all the maids with an orb in his hand, while Elaina's eyes were blazing white, and she was twirling her staff. They were ALL ready to defend, but more than that, ready to destroy this intruder and erase his entire existence.

(Sorry about to go on duty)
BackSet BackSet
P Paint The Wind
Birdsie Birdsie

Arabelle immediately backed up and got the twins, picking them both up and bringing them upstairs to her room, sitting them on the bed and entertaining them. She knew if they got too riled up or excited it could be dangerous for everyone involved.

Ryan crawled into her lap and laid his head on her chest, snuggling. He had eaten enough that he was sleepy. Arabelle kept her hand on Willow’s back and rubbed it gently. She loved both kids so much, though it was harder for her to connect with Willow.

"Ow." Theo groaned.

Theo was internally kicking himself. How could he have been so stupid. He had gotten distracted and his illusion had briefly disappeared and now he was on the ground in pain. That alone wouldn't be so bad but this was the most important job of his career. This job could have gotten him promoted to the council but now he's probably be demoted, or worse, fired. Yes, that sounds rediculous, Theo being more worried about his job than his imminent death, but to be fair, shock is one hell of a drug. After a little more internal complaining and kicking himself Theo decided he should probably do something about the giant snake on him so that he could be alive to actually be fired.

"So, is this the point where you kill me?" He asked. "Or will you interrogate me about who I'm working for? I personally prefer the latter because it would likely get tis giant snake off of me."
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind

"Ow." Theo groaned.

Theo was internally kicking himself. How could he have been so stupid. He had gotten distracted and his illusion had briefly disappeared and now he was on the ground in pain. That alone wouldn't be so bad but this was the most important job of his career. This job could have gotten him promoted to the council but now he's probably be demoted, or worse, fired. Yes, that sounds rediculous, Theo being more worried about his job than his imminent death, but to be fair, shock is one hell of a drug. After a little more internal complaining and kicking himself Theo decided he should probably do something about the giant snake on him so that he could be alive to actually be fired.

"So, is this the point where you kill me?" He asked. "Or will you interrogate me about who I'm working for? I personally prefer the latter because it would likely get tis giant snake off of me."

Ari Waesmor and Alison Foster

WHACK!!

Alison bashed him in the head with her mace. He should be seeing stars right now if not drifting in and out of consciousness. "You don't speak to my master like that, spy! He's the only reason you're not dead right now!" Alison was furious, her eyes dead set on killing him. All she was waiting on was word from Ari. She was beating herself up for him even getting into the house and near the kids like that. Even in her maid uniform, Alison was not one to fuck with when it came to the Waesmor's

That pretty much summed up everyone in the house right now, save for Arabelle, who took the kids upstairs, and maybe Mithras, who should be giving a damn if he wanted to keep the job he just got.

Ari stepped up and the maids parted to let him through. "I'm not like other people who'll ask you who you're working for. I don't give a damn. I don't like spies in my house, around my house service, around my kids. Instead, I'll ask you two questions and you have 60 seconds to answer both. Got it?" Ari's eyes started glowing and the Basilisk started glowing as well.

"Now, Question number one, how long have you been spying on us?"
"Question number 2, for what good reason should I let you live?"

"Lexi, start constricting. Time starts now." The basilisk started tightening its grip slowly but surely. He'd crushed to death at the end of those 60 seconds. The time doesn't stop if the injuries get too great for him to talk or breathe.

Willow Waesmor
"What happened? Is daddy gonna kill someone? Can I watch, mommy?" Willow was eager and trying to get out of the room to go back downstairs. Neither Ari nor Nala were around, but her darkness wasn't a problem due to Ryan's presence, Elaina filling the entire house with Holy Magic and her general curiosity. Willow didn't seem affected by the concept of death either. Maybe Ari's mannerisms were starting to wear off on her.
P Paint The Wind

Willow Waesmor
"What happened? Is daddy gonna kill someone? Can I watch, mommy?" Willow was eager and trying to get out of the room to go back downstairs. Neither Ari nor Nala were around, but her darkness wasn't a problem due to Ryan's presence, Elaina filling the entire house with Holy Magic and her general curiosity. Willow didn't seem affected by the concept of death either. Maybe Ari's mannerisms were starting to wear off on her.
P Paint The Wind

"I don't know what happened, and you can't watch, sweetheart." Arabelle petted her daughter's head affectionately. "You aren't old enough, and you could get hurt." She usually didn't like having the kids together, lest they fight, but she hoped it would be okay.

"Ow!" Theo groaned again before quipping. "You have a lovely disposition, you know that. Now, if I wasn't about to die I would explain to you exactly why asking me questions while I'm being constricted almost to the point where I can't breathe doesn't work but I am about to die so I'll answer your questions. The first ones easy: since this morning, although I was watching you a bit during the whole demon God fight thing because, honestly, that was awesome. The second one is... Less easy." Theo stopped for a moment. If he didn't come up with something fast he would most definitely be dead. Finally, after thinking a bit, Theo took a deep breath. Really he cool dnt afford to take it but whatever. "I can think of no good reason to let me live but at the same time I can think of no good reason to kill me outside of liking to kill people. I suppose I could offer my services but outside of spying, being intelligent, and having a razor sharp wit I don't think I could be of much use to you. I could tell you I have a family but I doubt you'd listen to that. So basically the only reason I can think of for you not killing me is that I can see no reason to kill me. I mean, I could fib about being an angel but with a former paladin in the room I doubt I could get away with that."

"Ow!" Theo groaned again before quipping. "You have a lovely disposition, you know that. Now, if I wasn't about to die I would explain to you exactly why asking me questions while I'm being constricted almost to the point where I can't breathe doesn't work but I am about to die so I'll answer your questions. The first ones easy: since this morning, although I was watching you a bit during the whole demon God fight thing because, honestly, that was awesome. The second one is... Less easy." Theo stopped for a moment. If he didn't come up with something fast he would most definitely be dead. Finally, after thinking a bit, Theo took a deep breath. Really he cool dnt afford to take it but whatever. "I can think of no good reason to let me live but at the same time I can think of no good reason to kill me outside of liking to kill people. I suppose I could offer my services but outside of spying, being intelligent, and having a razor sharp wit I don't think I could be of much use to you. I could tell you I have a family but I doubt you'd listen to that. So basically the only reason I can think of for you not killing me is that I can see no reason to kill me. I mean, I could fib about being an angel but with a former paladin in the room I doubt I could get away with that."

Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"Stop, Lexi." The basilisk stopped constricting and let him go. "You move, you die." He said off-handedly, as if he was talking to someone while already engaged in a task, and he was. He was in deep thought at the moment. He then kept on going and said a bunch of irrelevant stuff, so when he was finished, Ari pointed the spear tip to the guy's throat. "You intruding in my house is reason enough to kill you. You run your mouth too much, so I suggest choosing your words from now on."

He then thought some more. After about a minute of nothing more than silence, Ari spoke again, pacing as he spoke. "You watched the fight with Amos......or Khan. Demon God.........same difference. I guess it's important to see who you're working for, as they're good in their espionage to go unnoticed this long." He refocused and looked and Theo again. "Introduce yourself and say who you work for. If you sound like you're lying, I'm gonna seal every drop of magic in your body for good, disable your legs, then have you crawl back to whoever sent you." Ari wasn't gonna kill him unless he was working for hostiles

(Tyr is still just smoking and reading a book. He might be going to Dad Club, though.)

Mithras was surprised to find out there is an intruder. On the first day of the job, no less. As soon as he heard Ari's yell, he drew his sword and ran in the direction of the perpetrator, only to find he had been caught already.

"He is no angel," Mithras confirmed grimly, standing next to his boss and Alison. "He may be a watcher. They belong to a race of otherworldly, winged humans who observe people from other realms. I was taught about distinguishing them from angels."

Mithras turned to Ari. "If that is the case, then I have nothing against hurting him, but killing him would be too much. Staying invisible and gawking at others is like breathing to them - the only proper way would be to re-educate him. Show him why this 'breathing' isn't such a good idea... Or he might have been sent here by someone else. In that case I advise mailing his bleeding, toothless body with a, 'return to sender' note to let them know what you think of jokes in bad taste."

At the moment of speaking, Mithras did not seem like a venerable paladin, but more like a brutal sadist giving Ari ideas.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back