• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Theo slowly got up, raising his hands in the air to show he was unarmed. He took a deep breath and then started to speak. "I am so going to be fired for this." He muttered before turning to his captors. "My name is Theseus Balder." He said slowly. "Your paladin is right, I am a watcher, more specifically an Aether watcher. There are other races with watchers but none of them are nearly as nice. I come from another plane of existence called Thera. There are other jobs besides watcher but thats besides the point. Anyway, my job, like all watchers, is to observe people from other planes of existance. I was sent here, to earth, to watch you because I'm the best of the best and as shown by your reaction to me they definitely needed the best of the best on this case. You see, watchers are like scientists. We study other races in the same way you humans might study animals or plants. We stay hidden because if we just showed up one day asking to study you then you'd probably freak out and we'd all be dead within an hour of our arrival. We, of course, know that your sentient but, again, that's why we stay hidden." Theo stopped to take a breath. I think that's everything. He thought before realizing he had left out a rather important detail. "Oh! One more thing, the people who sent me are the Watchers council. They send all watchers on their missions. So, how'd I do?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Katherine Auscent

Siegbert running up the stairs startled her, bringing her back to reality. Shaking away her thoughts of Marella’s letter, she grabbed a plenty amount of coin and put it in her satchel. They were fairly wealthy at the moment, only taking a little bit of what Cross had left them here and here, and he had left them quite enough. Enough to take care for years. But she did not want to be entirely dependent on Cross, so when King Coron sent her pay, she’d use that instead, even if it’d be considerably easier to just use what Cross left them, Katherine still had a considerable amount of her father’s pride and independence running through her.

Katherine swung open the bedroom door and smiled at Siegbert, laughing at his own excitement. “Grab your coat and we’ll go,” she said kindly. His own excitement nearly ignited hers as she quickly moved down the stairs and waited by the front door for Siegbert.

@Baku

It had been three days since Uriko appeared on this strange new land. His body was still acclimating to his surroundings; it was definitely a bit harder to breath due to the vegetation not being as thick as it was in his homeland. The canopy of the trees let more sunlight beam through, he appreciated that. The days were moderate and the nights were much cooler than he was used to. On top of it all his sleep pattern was now skewed. He found he hard to sleep at night and he was incredibly sleepy at day. All of these things did not matter because the young hunter was about to catch him a stag.

The pink haired was perched on a thick branch. Many other smaller ones had been snapped off or broken from his many earlier attempts to climb it thirty minutes prior while he was playing. It wasn't until he felt the pain in his stomach that he decided to hunt. As an eight point stag meandered under the tree in which the feral boy had been waiting. Without a second thought he hopped out of the tree landing in front of the deer. The large creature, startled, tried to run only to realize the boy had a tight hold of its antlers with his sticky sap covered hands. "ZWON ZWO ZWRIKE!" The child exclaimed before twisting the horns and forcing the stag to turn its head past the point of breaking.

Standing over his kill Uriko laughed with enthusiasm. He was so elated that he began to dance and sing; the creatures in the woods were disturbed by the unruly cries of the child. In distress the birds flew away. Though his rambunctious nature drove some critters off it also lured others in. Behind the boy a pack of otherworldly wolves had opted to watch this strange child. It was likely that they were waiting for a moment to steal his kill. It was also just as likely that they were simply curious in the wolf eared boy.

Only by chance did Uriko catch a glimpse of the wolves during his dance. He stopped and pointed at the one on fire. "BOWNZA! BOWNZA!" He shouted with a wide toothy grin as he pointed at the orange flickering creature. The boy didn't know how to start a fire or skin a deer but he knew that if he caught the fire wolf he could cook the meat. With a fierce determination in his eyes Uriko charged at the flaming beast.

Startled by the sudden action of the small human, the fire wolf spat a small ball of flame to discourage the boys charge. However at that moment a strong gust of wind blew making the ball veer off course and fizzle out. Unfazed by the spark of flame the boy continued his charge. Before Uriko got to the fire wolf an armored wolf leap in the way growling. Uriko put a little umpf into his next step giving some air allowing him to plant his other foot on the armored wolf's head. Using the wolf's head as a launch pad Uriko lunged at the fire wolf. The force of Uriko kicking of the armored wolf caused the beast's head to slam into the ground making it fizzle into magic. The boy fell an inch short of his mark and missed the fire wolf, who jumped back from the boy. With their alpha desummoned the pack of wolves decided it was best to retreat to their master. Uriko, determined to have fire to cook his meals, chased after them.

Theo slowly got up, raising his hands in the air to show he was unarmed. He took a deep breath and then started to speak. "I am so going to be fired for this." He muttered before turning to his captors. "My name is Theseus Balder." He said slowly. "Your paladin is right, I am a watcher, more specifically an Aether watcher. There are other races with watchers but none of them are nearly as nice. I come from another plane of existence called Thera. There are other jobs besides watcher but thats besides the point. Anyway, my job, like all watchers, is to observe people from other planes of existance. I was sent here, to earth, to watch you because I'm the best of the best and as shown by your reaction to me they definitely needed the best of the best on this case. You see, watchers are like scientists. We study other races in the same way you humans might study animals or plants. We stay hidden because if we just showed up one day asking to study you then you'd probably freak out and we'd all be dead within an hour of our arrival. We, of course, know that your sentient but, again, that's why we stay hidden." Theo stopped to take a breath. I think that's everything. He thought before realizing he had left out a rather important detail. "Oh! One more thing, the people who sent me are the Watchers council. They send all watchers on their missions. So, how'd I do?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"Motive," Ari said. "What is their motive?"
"Master, some small wolf just started attacking us. He knocked out our alpha......." The voice of his wolves came into his head. Ari sighed. "Deal with this Alison. You as well Mithras. I got a bit of a problem concerning my wolves who are out hunting. LET'S GO ARABELLE!!!" Ari would wait for Arabelle, then walked out of the house. They planned the walk in the forest together anyway, so why not now?
P Paint The Wind

Alison Foster
"I'll repeat the question my master asked," Alison said to Theseus, still holding the mace ready to bash his face in. "What is their motive for sending you down here?"
She had never heard of Watchers before, and wondered why in the hell they would ever send someone in to watch them for nothing. With that in mind, they had to have some sort of motive. Alison was sort of intrigued by Theseus and the watchers, as Mithras seemed to know a bit about them, meaning that they weren't completely unknown.

Ari Waesmor
Forest

"He didn't knock out the Alpha. I was just about to summon him to eat an intruder." He descended into the shadows of the trees in the forest. He wasn't even really looking for his wolves. "He's not that weak, nor your enemy that strong."
"Alright, wolves. Go ahead and kill the little bastard. Here's your alpha back."

In the forest, a magic circle appeared and out came the alpha. The armored wolf stalked toward the little one, while the last 4 stayed behind, though they weren't intending to let this be a one-on-one fight. That's not what the pack was about. The fire wolf stayed directly behind the Armored one, while Wind and Holy were off to the sides a bit. In other words, there would be no possible way for this child to dodge a magic attack if he chose to go airborne. He'd get destroyed the moment he tried to jump. The other option was to confront a much stronger armored wolf.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer (If Tyr is in the forest)

Last edited:
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"Motive," Ari said. "What is their motive?"
"Master, some small wolf just started attacking us. He knocked out our alpha......." The voice of his wolves came into his head. Ari sighed. "Deal with this Alison. You as well Mithras. I got a bit of a problem concerning my wolves who are out hunting. LET'S GO ARABELLE!!!" Ari would wait for Arabelle, then walked out of the house. They planned the walk in the forest together anyway, so why not now?
P Paint The Wind

Alison Foster
"I'll repeat the question my master asked," Alison said to Theo, still holding the mace ready to bash Theo's face in. "What is their motive for sending you down here?"
She had never heard of Watchers before, and wondered why in the hell they would ever send someone in to watch them for nothing. With that in mind, they had to have some sort of motive. Alison was sort of intrigued by Theos and the watchers, as Mithras seemed to know a bit about them, meaning that they weren't completely unknown.

Ari Waesmor
Forest

"He didn't knock out the Alpha. I was just about to summon him to eat an intruder." He descended into the shadows of the trees in the forest. He wasn't even really looking for his wolves. "He's not that weak, nor your enemy that strong."
"Alright, wolves. Go ahead and kill the little bastard. Here's your alpha back."

In the forest, a magic circle appeared and out came the alpha. The armored wolf stalked toward the little one, while the last 4 stayed behind, though they weren't intending to let this be a one-on-one fight. That's not what the pack was about. The fire wolf stayed directly behind the Armored one, while Wind and Holy were off to the sides a bit. In other words, there would be no possible way for this child to dodge a magic attack if he chose to go airborne. He'd get destroyed the moment he tried to jump. The other option was to confront a much stronger armored wolf.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer (If Tyr is in the forest)

Arabelle left the twins with Nala and Misty, and walked up to Ari. She took his hand and squeezed it. “I love you,” she murmured. “Is everything okay?” She was worried about the intruder, and then about whatever the wolves were facing in the woods. However, she trusted Ari to keep her safe.

"Beyond scientific research and study." Theo said. "I don't know. They don't tell anybody anything." In truth Theo was starting to doubt the legitimacy of the watcher council. Whenever some government person was all secretive in books they were usually bad guys. And why would they send Theo to watch this group of heroes? They weren't a big threat or anything and they were just normal humans behavior and biology wise. If they had wanted Theo to study post war trauma and the effect it had on humans they could have chosen any other humans.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arabelle left the twins with Nala and Misty, and walked up to Ari. She took his hand and squeezed it. “I love you,” she murmured. “Is everything okay?” She was worried about the intruder, and then about whatever the wolves were facing in the woods. However, she trusted Ari to keep her safe.
Ari Waesmor
Forest near Waesmor Manor and O'Connor House

Ari squeezed her hand in return and sighed. "Just a bunch of crap. My wolves are under attack. Mithras and especially Alison will keep the spy under control. Kill him if they must. Everything will be fine. We'll probably need to go see what the hell Tyr's problem is after all this." Ari was never a therapist though. He was more of blunt truth and advice, not really soothing words unless he was talking to Arabelle and Arabelle only

"May as well enjoy this forest and your well endowments before I run into my wolves. It's like leading multiple units at once and it gives me headaches." He suddenly pulled her close and kissed her. "But no worries, I got this. You make things a hell of a lot more bearable, you know that?" Then released her, but kept holding her hand, so she doesn't hit a tree.

Last edited:
Ari Waesmor
Forest near Waesmor Manor and O'Connor House

Ari squeezed her hand in return and sighed. "Just a bunch of crap. My wolves are under attack. Mithras and especially Alison will keep the spy under control. Kill him if they must. Everything will be fine. We'll probably need to go see what the hell Tyr's problem is after all this." Ari was never a therapist though. He was more of blunt truth and advice, not really soothing words unless he was talking to Arabelle and Arabelle only

"May as well enjoy this forest and your well endowments before I run into my wolves. It's like leading multiple units at once and it gives me headaches." He suddenly pulled her close and kissed her. "But no worries, I got this. You make things a hell of a lot more bearable, you know that?" Then released her, but kept holding her hand, so she doesn't hit a tree.

Arabelle blushed and smiled. He always talked so gently with her, it still made her blush after being married for almost 7 years. She kissed Ari’s lips. “You make things more bearable for me too, Ari. You always make sure I don’t panic about little things, and you’re so comforting when something upsets me.” She squeezed his hand and walked with him. The leaved crunched under her feet and she smiled, it made her remember being a little girl and playing in piles of leaves.

Ari Waesmor
Forest

"I try my best. You've done so much stuff in the past 7 years, you need a break. I'm here to give you that break."

Ari's stomach was howling now, and he was just getting hangry. "Fuck it. My wolves can handle this. Let's go eat, Arabelle, before I eat some wild animal.........or I eat you." He grabbed her hand and, in a few magic-bound leaps, was at the exit of the forest, looking out at Tyr doing absolutely fucking nothing. "Put that shit down, Tyr. Is this what the hell you've been doing all this time?!"

Ari looked at the guy just sitting there and wanted to knock his lights out. All this crap happening, and he's just here....... "I'm cooking breakfast, so get your lumber jackass in the house. We have an issue to discuss. About this one here" He was obviously talking about Arabelle and her nightmares. With all the group at the house, this was something to discuss.
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
P Paint The Wind

Ari Waesmor
Forest

"I try my best. You've done so much stuff in the past 7 years, you need a break. I'm here to give you that break."

Ari's stomach was howling now, and he was just getting hangry. "Fuck it. My wolves can handle this. Let's go eat, Arabelle, before I eat some wild animal.........or I eat you." He grabbed her hand and, in a few magic-bound leaps, was at the exit of the forest, looking out at Tyr doing absolutely fucking nothing. "Put that shit down, Tyr. Is this what the hell you've been doing all this time?!"

Ari looked at the guy just sitting there and wanted to knock his lights out. All this crap happening, and he's just here....... "I'm cooking breakfast, so get your lumber jackass in the house. We have an issue to discuss. About this one here" He was obviously talking about Arabelle and her nightmares. With all the group at the house, this was something to discuss.
P Paint The Wind

Arabelle smiled sadly. “You’re too good to me.” She kissed his cheek and then giggled when he talked about how hungry he was.

“Good morning, Tyr,” she said, her calm and soft voice a sharp contrast to her husband’s. “How are you feeling?” They still met up once a week and talked about their PTSD, trying to work through it together. She knew he had been struggling, but not the full extent.

Ari Waesmor
Forest

P Paint The Wind
Arabelle smiled sadly. “You’re too good to me.” She kissed his cheek and then giggled when he talked about how hungry he was.

“Good morning, Tyr,” she said, her calm and soft voice a sharp contrast to her husband’s. “How are you feeling?” They still met up once a week and talked about their PTSD, trying to work through it together. She knew he had been struggling, but not the full extent.

Tyr was halfway though his book, and on his second pipe-full of tobacco when the summoner approached him. From the way that he walked, the bard could sense that he was upset. It only made sense that Ari was gonna take it out on him. Bizarrely, Tyr rather uncharacteristically took the verbal beat down form Ari, before wordlessly rising from his chair and walking back to his house. He even ignored what was said by Arabelle. He didn't seem mad. He didn't seem like he was even impacted by Ari's words. He simply walked away.

Tyr was halfway though his book, and on his second pipe-full of tobacco when the summoner approached him. From the way that he walked, the bard could sense that he was upset. It only made sense that Ari was gonna take it out on him. Bizarrely, Tyr rather uncharacteristically took the verbal beat down form Ari, before wordlessly rising from his chair and walking back to his house. He even ignored what was said by Arabelle. He didn't seem mad. He didn't seem like he was even impacted by Ari's words. He simply walked away.

Arabelle frowned and walked after him, tripping on a stick since she didn’t have her cane. She stumbled, but didn’t fall. “Tyr, come back,” she called softly, following him with her arms extended so she wouldn’t run into a tree.

Arabelle frowned and walked after him, tripping on a stick since she didn’t have her cane. She stumbled, but didn’t fall. “Tyr, come back,” she called softly, following him with her arms extended so she wouldn’t run into a tree.
(How does she know that he's gone? Or which way he is going?)

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor house backyard

It actually threw Ari for a loop when Tyr said nothing. Typically he was quick with the wit and fast to fire back. This wasn't the case though. Ari wasn't about to go running after him just to talk to him. He was intending to walk back the opposite way and leave him sulking, but Arabelle did want to talk to him, so bite the bullet

Ari picked Arabelle up. "He's gone into the house, so let's go on in. You can go talk to him though. I have to cook. If I badger him, he'll give me info, but over a few fists flying." Ari walked into the house and into the kitchen and he put Arabelle down to do whatever she pleased while he fired up the kitchen
P Paint The Wind

"Beyond scientific research and study." Theo said. "I don't know. They don't tell anybody anything." In truth Theo was starting to doubt the legitimacy of the watcher council. Whenever some government person was all secretive in books they were usually bad guys. And why would they send Theo to watch this group of heroes? They weren't a big threat or anything and they were just normal humans behavior and biology wise. If they had wanted Theo to study post war trauma and the effect it had on humans they could have chosen any other humans.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

Alison kept her question barrage going. "Besides illusion, what magic do you use? What weapons do you carry and/or Summon? Did whoever you work for single out anyone in The Adventurers to spy on?"
Ninjas had reconnaissance missions. While lightly armed, they typically had escape methods up their sleeves to get out of dodge. They used deception and trickery to both attack and escape.
The other house service started returning to work, as they plus Lexi had this under control

Theo thought for a moment. Well, he faked thinking for a moment. It didn't take much effort to answer that question. "Nope." He said. "Illusions are the only thing I have. Unless my razor sharp wit counts as magic. As for weapons," Theo fumbled a bit to get his short sword out of his sheath. "Only this." Theo held out the blade to be inspected. "I'm not very good with it anyway." Theo took a breath. "Okay. For the last question." Theo actually had to think about the last one. He thought a bit before finally concluding that he was supposed to watch all the adventurers. "No." He said. "My mission was specifically to watch the hero group known as The Adventurers. I was not meant to specifically spy on a single member just all of them in general."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

She heard the front door open, so she stuck her head out of the the war room to see who it was. Bailey suspected it was one of her kids trying to sneak out, but it was Tyr. She frowned a bit, and stepped our of her war room. Bailey followed after him to their room, and shut the door behind her when she entered. "Tyr?" She asked quietly, "What's wrong?" She knew he wanted to be left alone for now, but he couldn't be. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Meanwhile, the twins ran into the kitchen followed by Alex walking behind them. "Uncle Ari!" The twins nearly shouted in unison, "Can I help?" Scarlett asked, before Tyler butted in, "No I wanna help!" Alex stood next to Arabelle, "Hello again." Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind

Theo thought for a moment. Well, he faked thinking for a moment. It didn't take much effort to answer that question. "Nope." He said. "Illusions are the only thing I have. Unless my razor sharp wit counts as magic. As for weapons," Theo fumbled a bit to get his short sword out of his sheath. "Only this." Theo held out the blade to be inspected. "I'm not very good with it anyway." Theo took a breath. "Okay. For the last question." Theo actually had to think about the last one. He thought a bit before finally concluding that he was supposed to watch all the adventurers. "No." He said. "My mission was specifically to watch the hero group known as The Adventurers. I was not meant to specifically spy on a single member just all of them in general."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

She took his blade away from him. "Weak. Useless in battle. You're not a threat at all. At least not a direct threat. I'll Make the decision to release you on the terms that you don't come back unless you're looking to work for my Master, or you're looking for the sweet release of death. Lexi, would you so kindly let him move?"
The huge basilisk moved and opened his path out of the house. "Don't leave here via an illusion. I want to see every step you take."

She heard the front door open, so she stuck her head out of the the war room to see who it was. Bailey suspected it was one of her kids trying to sneak out, but it was Tyr. She frowned a bit, and stepped our of her war room. Bailey followed after him to their room, and shut the door behind her when she entered. "Tyr?" She asked quietly, "What's wrong?" She knew he wanted to be left alone for now, but he couldn't be. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Meanwhile, the twins ran into the kitchen followed by Alex walking behind them. "Uncle Ari!" The twins nearly shouted in unison, "Can I help?" Scarlett asked, before Tyler butted in, "No I wanna help!" Alex stood next to Arabelle, "Hello again." Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind
Ari Waesmor
O'Connor house

"Oh God!" Ari jumped when the twins shouted at him. Instinct almost kicked in and made him draw his dagger, but it wasn't an adult voice.

They both wanted to help. Ari thought for a moment. His methods of cooking were unorthodox to say the least...... Fuck it. The twins helped him cook all the time. "Yea sure. Both of you can help, but no fighting." Ari talked to them like adults as, even though these are kids #6 & #7 he's dealt with on a regular basis, he still didn't know how to talk to kids.

He picked them up. Not physically, of course. He floated them on air, raised them up, and had them stand on the counter. "I'll need every pot you can grab. Also, give me a few spices from this cabinet. Grab what your mom always gets." With a bunch of pointing, he gave his directions. Hopefully they wouldn't fall, or he'd have to catch them.

She heard the front door open, so she stuck her head out of the the war room to see who it was. Bailey suspected it was one of her kids trying to sneak out, but it was Tyr. She frowned a bit, and stepped our of her war room. Bailey followed after him to their room, and shut the door behind her when she entered. "Tyr?" She asked quietly, "What's wrong?" She knew he wanted to be left alone for now, but he couldn't be.
"I-I'm fucking useless." Tyr said, his voice cracking. Although his back was turned to her, she could tell that he had been crying. He sat, hunched, on the end of their bed, head in his hands. "A-Ari was fighting something in the woods and.. and I just did nothing. Nothing! I-I-I just sat and smoked and read." The bard choked as he admitted his cowardice. "I'm a disgrace. Shameful." With this, Tyr began to sob into his hands.

"I-I'm fucking useless." Tyr said, his voice cracking. Although his back was turned to her, she could tell that he had been crying. He sat, hunched, on the end of their bed, head in his hands. "A-Ari was fighting something in the woods and.. and I just did nothing. Nothing! I-I-I just sat and smoked and read." The bard choked as he admitted his cowardice. "I'm a disgrace. Shameful." With this, Tyr began to sob into his hands.
Her heart sank as he called himself useless, shameful, and a disgrace. "Oh Tyr..." She said softly, walking around to the front of him. She gently placed her hands on either side of of his head, then gently kissed the top of his head. "You most certainly are not. Ari can handle himself, didn't have to help him." To be honset, Bailey isn't sure if she would have helped Ari, he's capable enough on his own. "Tyr, it's okay," She added softly, gently kissing the top of his head again.

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor house

"Oh God!" Ari jumped when the twins shouted at him. Instinct almost kicked in and made him draw his dagger, but it wasn't an adult voice.

They both wanted to help. Ari thought for a moment. His methods of cooking were unorthodox to say the least...... Fuck it. The twins helped him cook all the time. "Yea sure. Both of you can help, but no fighting." Ari talked to them like adults as, even though these are kids #6 & #7 he's dealt with on a regular basis, he still didn't know how to talk to kids.

He picked them up. Not physically, of course. He floated them on air, raised them up, and had them stand on the counter. "I'll need every pot you can grab. Also, give me a few spices from this cabinet. Grab what your mom always gets." With a bunch of pointing, he gave his directions. Hopefully they wouldn't fall, or he'd have to catch them.

The twins giggled as they floated upwards, and began to do what Are had asked them to. Scarlett was the one to go after pots from the two cabinets Bailey kept them in. Tyler went after spices, getting them basses off shape and color as most of the labels were in either curvise which he couldn't read, or a differnt language all together.

Last edited:
Theo got up slowly. "I bid you farewell then." He said as he walked towards the door. Another thought struck him though. He turned around just for a second. "Bit of a warning." Theo paused, wondering if it was a good idea to continue. It probably wasn't but Theo wasn't going back to Thera anyways. "With my failure the Watchers Council will not be happy. They will send another watcher after you. Wether to watch you or to shut you up I don't know but those who know the secrets of Thera generally aren't left alone." Theo glanced at the paladin. "Unless they have religious ties of course. Even Aether know better than to mess with servants, or former servants, of gods." With that Theo exited the building. He spread his wings and took off, wondering what he'd do with his life now. He couldn't go back to Thera. He'd be arrested at best and executed at worst for revealing Aether secrets.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie (unless he's not in the room)

Mithras ran up to Theo before he could take off, and planted his firm grip on Theo's shoulder to stop him. "Halt."

"I may appreciate, and endorse the 'I leave you alone, you leave me alone,' policy, but I cannot possibly accept this," Mithras' grip turned tight, perhaps even slightly irksome. "As I work here, I consider myself duty-bound to protect and serve my employer. Even if I only met him today," Mithras explained. "So, no. You're not leaving yet. Tell me all you know. How to make your magic useless. How to detect an invisible watcher. Everything."

BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Theo sighed. "Okay." He said, figuring it best not to argue. "I'll tell you everything I know on one condition." Theo took a deep breath. He could not believe he was about to say this. "You let me help you against whoever the Watchers Council sends next."

Birdsie Birdsie

Theo got up slowly. "I bid you farewell then." He said as he walked towards the door. Another thought struck him though. He turned around just for a second. "Bit of a warning." Theo paused, wondering if it was a good idea to continue. It probably wasn't but Theo wasn't going back to Thera anyways. "With my failure the Watchers Council will not be happy. They will send another watcher after you. Wether to watch you or to shut you up I don't know but those who know the secrets of Thera generally aren't left alone." Theo glanced at the paladin. "Unless they have religious ties of course. Even Aether know better than to mess with servants, or former servants, of gods." With that Theo exited the building. He spread his wings and took off, wondering what he'd do with his life now. He couldn't go back to Thera. He'd be arrested at best and executed at worst for revealing Aether secrets.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie (unless he's not in the room)
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

Alison smirked.
"If the watcher want to wage war against the Adventurers, they can be destroyed too. My master did the work of 2 Gods, his wife gifted the power of the epic sword Light Bringer, the fastest warrior in the country doing the work of a goddess. Their partners possessing the strength of Hercules himself, the other the High Prophet of an entire race. They took down 2 gods, a culmination of both. My master's son and Ethan using only the citizens of a single city, held off an endless demon army long enough for the group to slay the beast."
She stepped closer to him. "To you watchers, I say bring it. I'm trained by the best of the best."
Alison was gonna let him go until he told them they'd be targets of the watchers. Now things got serious. "What type of magic do you watchers typically use in battle?"

Ari knew about their existence now, so he'd be on his guard for now on and ready to kill any more watchers who dare spy.
BackSet BackSet
Birdsie Birdsie

Ari Waesmor
O'Connor House

"Geez, where's Elaina or Talindra when you need them," Ari muttered as he tried and failed to read the elven words on some of the ingredients. Talindra was his late wife who died from a curse. She was an elf, which made their kids halflings. However, Elaina was the only one who learned to speak the language. Ari and Noam didn't even attempt to.

"Nala, being me the ingredients from the manor. I'm not making breakfast with THEIR ingredients. That's rude."

Nala came flying in minutes later with the ingredients. Ari grabbed the things from the kids, then hoisted them down. Filling a pot with water, then a bowl with water and mix, he handed the bowl to Scarlet. "Scarlet, mix this as hard as you can. Don't make a mess." He put the pot on the floor next to Tyler, as it would be too heavy to carry full of water. He put a bunch of spices on the ground next to him. "Tyler, put some of all these spices in the pot, then stir. Don't spill the water."

He then grabbed some beef that Nala brought and started slashing it at lightning speed
P Paint The Wind
FireMaiden FireMaiden

"I can't say anything for my lord, but I, personally will take you up on that deal," Mithras agreed. More complications were unwelcome, but sometimes, only by making the web of problems bigger can you unravel it all.

And then, Mithras heard Alison boasting about the things Ari went through. He turned to her with a serious, but polished look. "While I haven't the smallest doubt about Mr. Waesmor's talents, with the same for you – I would not be so smug. Even a master warrior can die from one, unlucky spider bite. A grown, human being... dead because of an unnoticeable insect. Pride is good when measured right. The word we're looking at here is hubris."

BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back