• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Blue Sailboat Lounge

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Pierre knew he needed the rest but he also did not want either of them to inquire to deeply about his state of mind. It was a vain hope now though, he had tried his best to limit his episodes or at least not have them at work but now it was undone.

He got to his feet but his knees wobbled and had to lean against a wall to steady himself. "No, I rather work. Get my mind working on other things. Don't make a fuss over this, it won't happen again."

Dawn raised an eyebrow. She didn't want to provoke Pierre, but she could see that he wasn't in the right state of mind to preform. The man couldn't even stand. She dismissed her caring for him for it just being work. He wouldn't be giving his best performance which meant the customers wouldn't get the best show possible. Although, in the back of her mind she knew that she truly cared for Pierre.

"I-I don't think you should," Dawn bit her lip, "You can barely stand hon. Just let me get Elle and Sully to open."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Mauve Quinn
Mauve glanced around aimlessly. After the man had walked out, nobody had come back in yet. What was going on in the back? She shook her head, it wasn't good to barge into matters where one didn't know the full story. She folded her hands on her lap. What to do now, though? Should she wait for the people to come back in to start the show? But how long would that take? There was no performer, no drink, and not even a conversation to take her mind away. Maybe it was time to leave. But so early? And on the first day, no less.

She paused. She was feeling a little impatient today, strange. And there was always the dance floor, even if there was no music... No, a walk outside sounded better. The fresh air and the twilight sky would do her some good. She stood up, smiled and nodded at the bartender, Elle and her friend... Sully, was it? Before leaving, she asked for a place to toss away her litter. "Would you happen to know where the garbage can is? Is it in the back?" She both hoped so and hoped not.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda NIAMH NIAMH Tiny Tiny plague rats plague rats

Julian Aberdeen

Julian glanced down at his watch as he walked down the street. Late. Not too late, though - certainly not late enough to warrant a quickening of pace. Besides, it wasn't like it hadn't happened before. It really was a coinflip on whether or not he'd make it to the lounge before opening. It was quite possible that it was expected at this point. He adjusted the cuffs of his suit jacket. Arrive late, stay late. It happened, and if it was odd, it was nobody's business but his own. As long as he did his job, they really had nothing to complain about.

With one final tweak of his jacket, Julian found himself at the front door of the lounge. He didn't even try to be quiet when he opened it - he had nothing to hide - deliberately giving the room a once-over before taking more than a single step across the threshold. A slightly crooked grin came across his face. Not quite bustling, but full enough to be interesting. Although, he would have expected the performances to have started up by now.

I smell a story. He sidled up to the group at the bar, pulling a stool underneath himself fluidly and a cigarette from his inner jacket pocket. Lighting it in a single movement, he leaned against the countertop. "Why the delay, my dear friends?" he prompted, gesturing toward the stage with his cigarette. "Didn't expect to see it empty when I arrived, but I will admit, it makes me feel far less late."

Nichelle Gavier
Elle noticed Pierre had gone to the back, but with Dawn following after him she trusted he was in good hands. He didn't seem well when he walked off. His smile was too stiff, and his eyes darted like a prey in need of escape. She recognized the signs of panic from her own experience with Sully. Whilst she wanted to help, she knew that too many people especially a stranger crowding him would do nothing. If the server was as close to him as their easy banter would indicate then she'd have the situation well handled. Meanwhile Margot was doing her awful attempt at flirting with Sully. Elle liked to think it wasn't genuine especially when it was done so poorly. Still, it got on her nerves like much else that Margot did.

Elle turned to Mauve and shrugged at her question. "I'm not sure, I'm afraid. I don't think you'd have to go that far to throw a little bit of trash out. There ought to be one behind the car." she suggested.

Her attention was quickly drawn to Julien when he came in. Elle knew that Sully and he didn't get on well but she mostly had no problems with him. Other than her instance that Sully's in her shadow. That was far from true. They complimented each other well and each spoke to their talents. Elle encouraged Sully to find his footing as a performer, it wasn't either of their faults that the performances often shifted in Elle's favor. She just went with the flow of the song and followed wheresoever it took her.

To his question of the lack of performance she confessed, "Pierre is having something of a moment in the back. Dawn and Mr.McKinley are with him now." She was curious herself about the state of affairs. Who would perform in his absence? Would they just continue with the cue. Selfishly, she felt that the evening ought to start with a song or two, and in that absence of Pierre's talents....well, Elle and Sully were the next best thing. Elle had enough presence of self to refrain from voicing this thought aloud but from the quick look she offered Sully, she knew that he'd find her thinking clear.

plague rats plague rats MaeCrowe MaeCrowe copacetic copacetic Ambiloquous Ambiloquous "

Dawn quickly went inside before Pierre could argue with her more. She just wanted what was best and it was getting to late to have someone new go up on short notice. She headed up to the bar where all there performers were sitting. She spotted Elle and a man who she hadn't seen before, she assumed he was Sully, and went over to them. She hoped they'd be willing to go up this late notice. Elle seemed like she'd be the kind of person to embrace any moment in the spotlight but she had never spoken to Sully.

"Heya Elle. And Sully I assume?" She began, "Would you two mind opening? You'd get to keep your current set too."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Tiny Tiny plague rats plague rats

Pierre sighed when Dawn walked off, feeling guilt for worrying her and possibly making her upset. He stood there not sure what to do, he didn't not feel like facing the people inside nor leave work and admit his weakness. He sighed and waited as some of his energy and strength returned to his legs. He than walked back inside to the bar. He would continue as he planned just do the second show but first he needed a little courage.

"Your strongest, Vincent." He said when he reached the bar. "I don't care what."

NIAMH NIAMH

Nichelle Gavier

Elle tried to play off the instant wave of excitement that went through her at the opportunity to take a more ideal spot. They would even get a second slot for a performance! It took all that she could to stave off a smile and quirk her head. "Is something the matter with Pierre?" Then she quickly added. "Not that me or Sully have a problem with starting off at all." Maybe the polite thing to do would have been to consult Sully about it but the last thing she wanted was the slot going to someone else whilst he tried to decide. They might try to choose Gertrude who, whilst sweet as pie, was not the strongest talent to lead the night. Or to that crass Margot and her jokes that would just sour the evening before it even began. No, Elle and Sully were the best option and the strongest. She even knew what song she would sing.

"Yes," she concluded. "It's better to let Pierre rest or do whatever he needs so he's stronger for a later performance. Me and Sully can start off whenever you're set to announce us, sugar." Even as she said this stood from her chair and turned her head to Sully. She jerked her head towards the stage as if to wordlessly say, 'Let's do this!' Her mine was a whirl of ideas for how to make her opening performance stand out the best. Elle fiddled with her coat that carefully covered her dress for the performance. Would it be odd to wear the same outfit for both performances? Was there time in the middle to run back and get a second outfit? So much to consider.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Lizy Lizy plague rats plague rats

Margot was relieved when Pierre came back inside. She was definitely concerned for her friend. “Put it on my tab, Vincent,” she stated after Pierre ordered his drink. She would need a drink too if she went through what Pierre just did. She was just glad that he came back, she probably would have left if she were him. She put a hand on his shoulder. “You okay, Pierre?” she asked, gently.

She rested her cigarette on the ashtray so she could talk and dig through her small purse. “Do you need anything? I have cigarettes and a piece of candy. I don’t know how old it is, so who knows if it’s good, but if you want it, it’s yours,” she said as she pushed aside her lipstick and powder to grab the small piece of candy.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki NIAMH NIAMH

Pierre when Margot approached and showing concern about his conditions. He knew it was vain to hope something like that but he still wished the word of his attack did not spread so quickly. Yet she found her hand on her shoulder comforting and he could not help smile at her attempt to get him a sweet."Ah as appealing as you make it sound I think I will pass on the sweet, merci. You are as sweet as i can handle right now. I wont mind a cigarette though."

"I am fine, just had a... A slight panic attack I suppose. Left me a little shaken but nothing a stiff drink, a cigarette cant solve. The fine company you bring is a surprise bonus." He said as he waited for both his drink and cigarette, trying to appear he had returned to normal.

copacetic copacetic

Julian Aberdeen
Julian gave a hummed in response to Elle's clarification, not bothering to hide the slight smile on his lips. He was no fool. She was very likely gunning for that spot, still needing to prove herself to the people around her. It had been a long time since he had to think about something as simple as the impact of his performance slot - he was well out of that stage before the Blue Sailboat Lounge even existed. Hell, he thought, twisting his cigarette between his fingers, he barely even had to go through that stage at all. Some people had to work a little harder, he acknowledged, or maybe they just started later. It was simply the way of things in this business.

And it seemed she'd be getting her wish, too. Julian cast a sidelong glance at Pierre as he took his seat at the bar. He came off as a drifter, and although Julian understood why, it didn't make it anymore comfortable to interact with the man when he got like this. It rather made it worse, in some ways. Most of the time, the man was tolerable, a good conversationalist even, but when this happened? No, not so much. And Julian knew enough to understand that it was more his shortcoming than Pierre's. No use denying it. No use trying to change it, either.

It was a terrible cycle people got into, trying to change themselves. Acting as though one could change the way they inherently were was not only foolish, but a restriction of happiness. His father was testimony to that, as was his mother (God rest her soul). They acted against what they knew to be right for them, and they paid grandly for it, nevermind the fact that he likely never would have existed if they hadn't lied to themselves so well. He was not about to live like that, no sir.

Julian looked out over the patrons of the lounge. It wasn't as full as it was going to get, having just recently open, but there was a respectable amount present. He wondered if, perhaps, anyone tonight would prove to understand themselves in a way that benefitted him. He leaned back against the bar and watched, not noticing that his cuffs had already come undone.

Mauve Quinn

Mauve wrinkled a brow. "The car? And would that be in the front?" She took a few steps away as she said so, planning to leave from the front doors either way. Even if it was in the back, she was planning on taking the long way around to see the sky and whatever was left of the sun. There wouldn't be much scenery to see at the back of the lounge, she assumed, and not the best air. She nodded to the man who had just sat down, giving a polite smile. A new person to talk to, but she already planned to go outside, so she didn't want to stay for someone who might not be a particularly good conversationalist. He did seem like he could tell a few interesting tales to hear, though. Maybe when she came back.

Tiny Tiny MaeCrowe MaeCrowe

Dawn smiled when Elle said that she and Sully could go on. She saw how the girl didn’t ask her partner about the last minute change but she just dismissed it. After all, Elle probably knew him quite well. She dismissed her questions about Pierre as well. She knew that Pierre would probably want as little people as possible to know about his outburst. “Perfect! I’ll be announcing you right now,” She said, leading them up to the side of the stage, “We’re already a bit behind schedule.”

Dawn walked up onto the stage, finally ready to announce the set. The crowd tonight was really good, she noted. “Hello everyone and welcome to The Blue Sailboat Lounge!” She started announcing enthusiastically, “I’m happy to announce our first act of the night, Elle and Sully!”

Tiny Tiny plague rats plague rats

Margot gave Pierre a small smile. “That’s okay. Probably best if you didn’t eat it anyway,” she joked while she pulled out the carton of cigarettes. She took one out and handed it to him. She waited until he was ready before she held up her lighter to light it. She put the lighter and cigarettes away before picking up her own cigarette and taking a drag. She blew the smoke away from him.

“Well, I’m happy to be your company any time you need it. I’m always willing to listen too, if you ever wanted to talk,” she said seriously. “Plus, I’m good at jokes, and they say laughter is the best medicine, so I’m probably good to stick around,” she joked.

Pierre took the cigarette and put it into his mouth and leaned to light it by her cigarette. "Merci." He said before inhaling the warm comforting smoke and letting it out up in the air above them. He simply held the cigarette as she spoke seriously to him. "What? You good at jokes I haven't noticed. Must be why the keep you around, that question always bothered me." He jokingly back at her.

He took another drag of his cigarette. "Honestly, I don't know what to say about what happened. For one thing l already lost my air of manliness weeping like child and I doubt talking will help with that...." He spoke the last jokingly but genuinely felt it. "It just something I deal with from time to time and I manage fine on my own. I don't want it to drag down anyone with me. Rather than talk I how good you look and that I look forward to your act. All set?"

Nichelle Gavier

Elle prided herself on always being showtime ready, eagerly she hooked an elbow in Sully's and urged him to follow along. She quickly shirked and disgraced her coat so that her outfit could be seen more clearly. It wasn't the fanciest because she couldn't afford such things. The dress was a yellow somewhat poofy number complimented with matching pumps. Elle was a fan of brighter colors for two reasons. One, they caught the eye and effortlessly commanded attention. Two, they're something that people told her she couldn't wear because of her skin tone. Elle wasn't the kind of person to accept such comments as fact. She knew she looked fantastic in every color of the rainbow. Following her announcement she clicked onto the stage and shot a beaming smile to the audience. It was time for her to get to work.

When the music started playing Elle lost herself in her reworking of Presley's 'I Want You, I Need You, I Love You' with a little jazzier and more seductive spin on it. She preferred to do covers of other songs, and add in her own particular flair rather than do original work. That's not to say that she didn't have original work of her own. Between Sully and her, they could probably scramble up enough songs to fill more than a few albums. As proud and confident as Elle presented herself, and was, she was insecure in this respect. The songs that she created both with and without Sully were of a personal importance. If they were rejected she wouldn't know how to handle it. Thus, she stuck to this tried and true method to help fuel her shows.

Elle's performance was more than a carefully chosen song. It was more than a strategically selected outfit. Elle loved to work the crowd over with a saucy swish of her hips. The sultry sound of a note dragged out longer than perhaps necessary. She engaged with bar patrons with a personalized wink that said, 'This song isn't for anyone else in this room, just for you." During a part in the song meant for musical interlude and to give Sully a chance to do his thing, Elle found herself harmonizing a bit and cutting him off. It wasn't intentional, it just felt like a more natural addition. As it winded down she ended with a extended note that showed her range before stopping and letting the music follow her. "Thank you Blue Sailboat Lounge!" she said to the crowd's response. She was pleased to see it had gotten a bit fuller since the start of their performance. "I'm Elle, and this is the wonderful Sully. You've been so lovely, this evening!" With that she clicked off the stage feeling ten feet tall and ready to leap over mountains. "Sully that was perfect, absolutely perfect. What a great way to open up their evening!"

After Dawn exited the stage she walked back to the bar. She then noticed Gertrude, near the setlist. When did she get here? Must've been sometime in the chaos of dealing with the opining set. She was about to go over and talk to her a little but decided against it for now. She had neglected her table duty for too long and didn't want to get a talking to from her boss. She grabbed a rag and began wiping off some tables in the back that had just been left. She took a couple orders and then Elle and Sully's set opened. They were actually quite good so Dawn clapped.

She decided that it would be a good time to go over and talk to Gertrude since she was up next in about fifteen minutes. She headed over to where she was standing. "Heya Gertrude," she greeted the girl with a smile, "What are you planning on doing tonight?"

EricSings EricSings

After reading that she is to perform after Pierre, her lips form a smile. Gertrude places a hand on her hip, moving her body slowly so the fringes at the bottom of her dress move with her. Gregory stands beside her with his right hand on the wall. "At least you aren't first," he begins, waiting for her to look at him, "it seems more people show up later in the evening." He flashes her a charming grin, even though he knows she just wants to remain good friends. Gertrude resists patting his cheek, afraid to do anything that might lead him on. She then averts her gaze over to where some people are sitting at the bar, recognizing a few of the performers.

Gertrude disappears to place her jacket and purse backstage. She pulls out her dark red lipstick and applies it lightly to her lips. Her voice is still not exactly where she wants it to be, but she wants to keep practicing. Pulling her from her thoughts is the voice of Elle, sounding strong and passionate. Gertrude hurries to watch her perform, admiring her yellow dress. She claps when her and Sully finish, impressed with the duo.

"Dawn! It's so good to see you again." She pulls her into a kind hug. "I will be singing, yes... but this time with my dearest friend, Gregory."

The song they decided to sing is Maybe Baby by Buddy Holly, the record all ready for them. Gregory takes Gertrude's hand, speaking softly to her before they get on stage. "Let's do this, Gertrude." Commotion subsides, and all eyes are on the two of them. Gertrude adjusts her microphone, not allowing doubt to control her. She motions to a worker of the lounge to start the record, and both Gertrude and Gregory begin to sing to the music.

"Maybe baby, I'll have you.
Maybe baby, you'll be true..."

They sing the choruses together, harmonizing through some of the lyrics, though Gertrude's voice cracked slightly on some notes. With a flip of her hair, she does her best to cover this up, walking around Gregory in and placing a hand on his shoulder. She dances to the music, and engages with the audience. Once their song finishes, they receive a round of applause, Gertrude thankful to have Gregory with her. Since she is still perfecting her voice, having him sing some of the song really helped her. The pair walk off the stage, Gertrude reminding herself to not let certain reactions bother her.

Tiny Tiny Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
source.gif

Margot Dupont

"Correction. I am the best at jokes, so of course they keep me around. It's all I'm good at, so it works out for me," she laughed. Margot didn't know what she would do with herself if she wasn't funny. She wasn't interested in college and she did not want to be some rich man's housewife like her parents wanted her to be. She probably would be bored out of her mind. She would be a whole different person if she wasn't funny. She was always the one at parties telling stories to a group and making them laugh. It's how she made many of her friends in school. She used her humor as a way to meet people, a way to befriend people, a way to cope, amongst other things.

She frowned at Pierre's joke about losing his manliness. Margot was concerned for her friend and hated that he had gone something so terrible that it effected him like this. "It is okay to cry, Pierre. It doesn't make you any less manly than anyone else. Plus, girls like sensitive guys. It's endearing," she said, joking a bit at the end as she nudged his shoulder. "You don't have to manage this all on your own. Sometimes it's better to have support around you. It lets you know that you aren't alone. You don't have to talk to me, or any one here for that matter, just promise me you'll try and find someone that you can confide in?" she asked, returning to her more serious tone.

"Well, I'll never turn down a compliment, so thank you. I did just buy this outfit, so I'm glad to know it was a winner," she joked. One thing Margot did love besides comedy and the Blue Sailboat was clothes. She had an extensive wardrobe that she did take great pride in. She was raised to always look her best, and that was one of the few things from her upbringing that really stuck. Despite her hatred for all things traditional, she felt that her appearance is important. No matter what career path she took, people would always judge her based on her looks, so it was important to always put out a good impression of herself. Nothing boosted her confidence like a good outfit. Tonight, she was wearing a nice green sweater with black cropped pants that were held up by a black belt. She was wearing some black loafers as she did not feel like wearing heels. "I am just about ready. I wish I had one more drink for my nerves, but I'm okay to go on stage. Are you all set for your performance? You sounded pretty good during your warmup earlier," she responded.

She watched as Nichelle and Sully performed and as much as she did not get along with Nichelle, she couldn't deny her talent. Margot just thought she was pompous and annoying. She did enjoy the performance, but she did find Nichelle's showiness a bit much. However, she was a bit biased. She was a bit surprised that Gertrude had a partner tonight. She has never seen her perform with one before. She did pretty well, also. While she was by no means perfect, Margot has noticed a great improvement in her performing. She was definitely impressed by Gertrude's progress and cheered when she finished performing. She finished her cigarette and made sure it was put out in the ash tray.

After Gertrude finished, Margot made her way backstage as it was her turn to perform. Once they were ready for her, she took one deep breath before walking on stage. While she was confident on stage, the moments before were filled with nerves. She smiled and adjusted the microphone before beginning her set. Overall, it went well. The crowd was happy and there was only one heckler. She shut him up pretty quick when she invited him on stage to take over her set if he was such an expert. Her later sets usually had more hecklers, as people were usually drunker later in the night. She didn't mind though, as the crowd overall seemed to enjoy her performance. Plus, it gave her good practice to think on her feet. Once she finished her set, the crowd applauded before she left the stage. She returned to her seat at the bar, ready to watch Julian perform next.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Tiny Tiny EricSings EricSings

Mauve Quinn

By the time Mauve had walked back inside, three performances had already gone on, figuring it out by the chattering of the patrons in the Lounge. She was quite disappointed for not being able to be there to see Elle and her friend perform, again, it seems like she was missing or messing up relatively much tonight. No matter, there was still so much time left to go. She brushed a lock of hair that had fallen in front of her face, looking around for an empty stool. Her original seat had already been captured by a tubby man's bottom.

Looking for Elle to congratulate her and so she could maybe squeeze in on a spot to sit, she walked towards the stage area. "Congratulations. Although I was not here to hear it, I'm sure you sang beautifully." Mauve smiled at Elle and her partner.

Tiny Tiny

Julian Aberdeen
Julian never watched the other performers, not really. Not necessarily out of disrespect, as he quite admired some of his fellow performances despite their having some room for improvement, but because he'd rather watch the people who weren't performing. Both patrons and employees tended to have reactions to the performances they were presented with, reactions that reflected their general demeanor, current mood, and what he might or might not be able to get from them. It helped him decide which of his own performances would be best suited to that particular crowd, which would be most well-received. He had already accepted and returned a soft smile from an equally soft-looking woman, but there were many others there that night and he didn't want to draw conclusions too soon.

But he could have, he realized, watching as time went on. Everyone at the Lounge seemed to be in a quiet, amiable mood. Nothing pensive, nothing loud, just comforting quietude surrounding them all. Rising from his seat, Julian smiled softly to himself. He could work with that. He could most certainly work with that. Or maybe, he thought to himself, maybe he could challenge that.

Although it wasn't quite his turn yet, Julian headed backstage. He needed to flip through the music folder he kept there and place a new piece in it. It was just too much of a risk to keep a lot of his work at home, especially with his tendency to have attractive men and women alike over for the night at a moment's notice. If the music was in the apartment and one of them decided they liked him a little more than he needed them to... He didn't need to run the risk of a paramour asking him to play them something a little too personal. At the Lounge, at least, Julian could rely on his coworkers not to touch his music, especially since they seemed to assume that he played everything in the folder eventually.

Which he did. Just... Not necessarily for anyone but himself.

He retrieved the overstuffed, faded blue folder from its spot in the corner, opening it with careful hands. The pieces faced one of two ways: toward the front, and toward the back. The ones facing toward the front, he played for audiences. The ones facing toward the back, he played for himself. For those pieces, he didn't necessarily need the music on hand in order to play them, but knowing that the pages were there, that they existed in the world... It was comforting. He couldn't say why, but it was.

Slowly, Julian unfurled a new piece that had been tucked in his jacket pocket. He handled it carefully, kissing it briefly. He had been working on this one for ages, and the result had brought even him to tears, touched the very heart he tried to keep hidden. Slowly, with utmost care, he placed it in the folder, facing toward the back, before retrieving one of his playable pieces and moving it toward the front. Folder tucked under his arm, he was prepared just as his turn arose.

Walking out onto the stage calmly, Julian cast a charming smile out over his audience, nodding to them briefly with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Slowly, he took his seat behind the piano, placing the chosen piece in front of him, and his folder on the seat beside him. His fingers settled over the keys and he felt at home, falling into a dark, slow, haunting original piece that was sure to jar the patrons out of the quietude they had displayed up until now, forcing their attention to him.

"The best huh? I am not convinced just yet, you still have to prove it to me." Pierre said teasingly glad to have the conversation away from himself to her. However Margot could help bring the subject back to that, making him feel annoyed but tried to suppress it not wanting to upset her as after all she was well meaning." I will bear it in mind." He said noncommittally.

Thankfully he seemed to sense his annoyance, he thought, and tried to divert the conversation to herself. "I don't think any outfit you wear would not be right for you." He flirted in an effortless and casual manner as if he was telling fact not just a flirtatious line. He was doing it again, he had to let down one girl he liked by getting carried away with his flirting now he was on way to do it away. He did not want relationships with all the crap he is going through it would not be fair to bring a woman into it. Yet could not help himself, there was no better feeling than making a pretty girl smile or results of such flirtation.

"I am suppose I should be, I could have practice more. I am not sure if I will go with la vie en rose, I got a couple of ideas on alternatives and would have liked to try them before." He said honestly, logically he knew he would do fine but he was a perfectionist at heart and liked to be sure he had something down perfectly." I guess I will be flying blind on this one."

He listened to the performances with Margot while he tried to think of his song. The singers though needed some minor suggestion were overall fantastic with real skill. Margot indeed took his challenge on and proved herself beautifully, leaving him near stitches. He clapped and gave a couple of whistles and "Bravos" when she was done. Than Julian played his haunting tune, despite Pierres issue with him, Julian had real talent which he had to admit exceeded his own. It was one thing to perform a piece but writing one was something he could not compete with.

Mauve Quinn

Mauve walked forward then paused, almost crashing into another customer. She clutched at her leg, feeling the spasming pain, that she thought had been gone with passing days after the surgery, come again. She swore in her mind but kept an impassive face upfront. "I'm very sorry, it seems I forgot I had something to do tonight," she said, spinning around to face the entrance.

Keeping herself steady, she tottered to the door while limping slightly but not all that noticeably. She needed to telephone over to her parents. They were experienced in this, they would know what was wrong. It seems she couldn't stay here in this place any longer than the last. She huffed an angry breath, gingerly opening up the door and lurching out.

Gregory took a seat at an empty table near the front of the stage while Gertrude went backstage to get her jacket and clutch. She puts her dark purple coat on and hurries to find Gregory, not wanting to miss Margot's performance. The tall young woman sits by her friend and crosses her legs. All of her other worries were pushed aside, and she was ready for some funny jokes. Margot's jokes usually got to her, resulting in mirthful laughter. Once Margot finished, Gertrude and Gregory both applaud her.

Gertrude leans closer to her friend. "Shall we move over to the bar?"

"Sure." he replies.

The pair walk over to the bar, Gertrude ignoring some of the stares she receives from patrons. They choose to sit next to Margot, Gertrude wondering where Vincent was. While she is supposed to work tomorrow at the library, she feels like ordering a drink. "Vincent. May I have a Bay Breeze, please?" A melody begins to play, with lovely sounds only a piano could make. She turns to face the stage again, nudging Gregory to pay attention. She is instantly captivated by the music, feeling some of the emotion he put into the piece.

NIAMH NIAMH MaeCrowe MaeCrowe copacetic copacetic

Last edited:
tumblr_p2x8btgj5W1wcrw7bo1_500.gif

lovelace-script-trial.medium.png

Vincent leans against the counter of the bar, nodding a goodbye to the patron woman who didn't stay long at all. "Safe travels." He tells her, directing his attention towards the comedic female making her way up to the stage. He wasn't going to lie: Margot was possibly his favorite act- he always did cherish a good joke that made him at least smile. The heckler in the crowd, because there always just had to be one, was taken note of by the bartender, keeping his features memorized in the mans head. Inform him of the extra price for drinks due to his unnecessary behavior. He thinks to himself as he holds back a grin threatening to come out after Margot's act finishes up and the crowd claps, scattered laughs still lingering throughout.

Just then, he's brought back to the attention of his current customers. Bay Breeze. Vincent repeats the order in his head, nodding silently to confirm he took her request. Ice, cranberry & pineapple juice, vodka, and for garnish: one lime wedge. The beverage was an easy one- though perhaps he'd been biased after working in the bartending branch for so many years. Cocktails especially became a personal favorite of his to mix, secretly enjoying the variety of colors many of them came in no matter how dull he himself seemed to many who met him. "One Bay Breeze." He says, placing the drink ontop of a small matt to keep from staining the wooden and glass counter underneath.

"Dupont." Vincent calls to the comedian as he takes in the somewhat dark, atmospheric music starting to play from the piano. "Very well done. Almost made me laugh this time." He teases just as he always had after her shows, "Any drink requests to calm the after-nerves?"

[ copacetic copacetic + EricSings EricSings ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back